• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on April 07, 2018, 10:33:39 PM
Since you asked, I'm just saying he didn't do a minority any favors.  If she'd been a man, he would have.  He's obviously gay.  And, he maligned all advertisers and bloggers as unethical, in his very obscene video. 

The part that is worst is that he didn't inform her ads are deductible.  He misled her to believe his business would suffer financially, when at least in here in the U.S., in April he would be paid back.

And I agree she handled it poorly too.

No he didn't. He made fun of a snowflake trying to scam a freebie. This is just yet another example of your insanity. Get help! ::)

Quote from: Jojo on April 07, 2018, 10:33:39 PM
... The part that is worst is that he didn't inform her ads are deductible...

Well, it isn't his job to tell her anything or do her any favors.

But if that's the worst of it, you can rest knowing it's not as bad as you think.  Giving her a free room would not have been a deduction for him.  Generally speaking, only out-of-pockets costs a business incurs are deductible, not the value of giving away something they could have charged for - even in exchange for some benefit.

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 07, 2018, 11:30:11 PM
Well, it isn't his job to tell her anything or do her any favors.

But if that's the worst of it, you can rest knowing it's not as bad as you think.  Giving her a free room would not have been a deduction for him.  Generally speaking, only out-of-pockets costs a business incurs are deductible, not the value of giving away something they could have charged for - even in exchange for some benefit.
That's what I'm saying, he should have educated her, paid her money, then deducted it at tax time.  Thus she could use the money there.  And I agree he owed her no favors, but he ripped her up over basically a falsehood in my opinion, leaving her the impression ads aren't purchased all the time in business.  I just think if he's going to shame her, he should keep his side of the street squeaky clean.  Because he is shameful now, too.  Where she errored by ignorant omission (and later, a bad attitude), he errored knowingly, aggressively, and somewhat deceptively (in my opinion).

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 07, 2018, 10:38:00 PM
No he didn't. He made fun of a snowflake trying to scam a freebie. This is just yet another example of your insanity. Get help! ::)
MD, anyone on either side of this is in plenty of company.  Many people on both sides feel strongly.  So I'm certainly not insane.  She wasn't scamming because she offered a valuable service.  Ads cost money.  She should have just offered ad price for sale, but she didn't know.  She, just one young person, has half the Facebook visibility that his whole business has.  She's doing well.  I think this was just an old school vs new school culture clash.

Lord Grantham

Great video, it's all the beautiful footage of Chile I hoped to film while I was there, but lacked the talent or equipment to get. Also tells a very unpleasant story from recent history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS5objr5dI0

ItsOver

"WKRP in Cincinnati" is now on MeTV's nightly schedule.  Tonight is the classic "Turkeys Away" episode.

whoozit

The line between laughing with and laughing at here has been getting very blurry lately.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on April 09, 2018, 06:11:09 PM
The line between laughing with and laughing at here has been getting very blurry lately.

Really? I thought it seemed clear everyone was laughing at you. I hope that helps. :D

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 09, 2018, 11:52:16 AM
"WKRP in Cincinnati" is now on MeTV's nightly schedule.  Tonight is the classic "Turkeys Away" episode.
A great addition and a great episode!

albrecht

DirectTV keeps running this commercial involving domestic violence and destruction of property as a "funny" thing. It purportedly is laughing about and say "time to  break up and change service providers." It shows a light-complected (what focus group came up with that) black woman kicking her white boyfriend, or maybe husband, out of their apartment. He on the street while she throws his possessions at him from the window. What would the reaction be if there was rival commercial, say for Comcast, that showed a cowering woman out in the street while an angry husband is throwing her stuff at her and kicking her out of the apartment? Or if the racial roles were reversed?

Juan

I saw that happen once.guy was standing on the sidewalk while the girl was throwing his clothes out of the second floor waiting Ndola.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on April 09, 2018, 07:00:26 PM
I saw that happen once.guy was standing on the sidewalk while the girl was throwing his clothes out of the second floor waiting Ndola.

Hasn't that happened to all of us once or twice? 8)

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on April 09, 2018, 07:00:26 PM
In Zambia?
Best I got is a friend who found out his wife was cheating on him. Didn't say a word to her and acted normal for a few weeks. Xferred funds, documented assets, changed locks, got proof(s) and affidavits of her infidelity, canceled CCs, hired prominent lawyer and filed stuff, and she got almost nothing- which is rare in TX which is, generally, a community property state. She couldn't even get a hotel the first night and had to crash at her sisters. Ha. Hard to not act emotionally and using violence is always bad. Luckily no kids involved, that's when it really gets ugly (both legally and/or emotionally or violence too often.)

ps: I have no problem with the commercial, just musing about if roles were reserved in ways.

Juan

Where the hell did “Waiting Ndola” come from? I didn’t type it. This iPad does strange things. Or maybe it was aliens.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: albrecht on April 09, 2018, 06:39:57 PM
DirectTV keeps running this commercial involving domestic violence and destruction of property as a "funny" thing. It purportedly is laughing about and say "time to  break up and change service providers." It shows a light-complected (what focus group came up with that) black woman kicking her white boyfriend, or maybe husband, out of their apartment. He on the street while she throws his possessions at him from the window. What would the reaction be if there was rival commercial, say for Comcast, that showed a cowering woman out in the street while an angry husband is throwing her stuff at her and kicking her out of the apartment? Or if the racial roles were reversed?

I've had the same thoughts about that commercial. Also she looks like a dude with a faint mustache.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 10, 2018, 07:15:54 AM
I've had the same thoughts about that commercial. Also she looks like a dude with a faint mustache.
'
Still watching cable TV...you must be ancient! ;D

albrecht

Quote from: Radio Activity on April 10, 2018, 06:37:04 PM
God bless Texas!

Amen. Good stuff, even the leftist newspaper of record recommends them. B vitamins, less fat, good protein. (Note deep frying and smothering them in gravy might negate some of the health benefits of chicken livers and gizzards. But improves taste, a lot.  ;) )
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/mar/02/good-for-you-chicken-livers

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on April 10, 2018, 05:32:31 AM
Where the hell did “Waiting Ndola” come from? I didn’t type it. This iPad does strange things. Or maybe it was aliens.
Ha. AI bots? Actually I thought maybe you were involved in cooper mining or something, like a 'contractor,' with that weapon in your avatar. Ha.

Jojo

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 10, 2018, 07:15:54 AM
I think she's pretty and looks like Hispanic.  But destroying someone's property is definitely not okay.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on April 11, 2018, 01:05:13 AM
I think she's pretty and looks like Hispanic.  But destroying someone's property is definitely not okay.

Except when you hide in the bathroom and flush it down the toilet.

Quote from: albrecht on April 09, 2018, 06:39:57 PM

It's been done.  With a nice one wheel peel to boot.................
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZweGOVFC4A

ItsOver

“What’s cool is that these animals are solving problems right under our feet and most people don’t realize it,” said Delgado, whose Ph.D. dissertation was on the complexity of squirrel behavior.

I believe we've all recognized this, possibly even before Delgado.  Zeebo "gets it," unlike certain bipeds. ;)

http://www.bakersfield.com/ap/national/study-uncovers-surprising-things-about-squirrels/article_68ce7f8d-a802-5e8e-a902-26991202499e.html

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 11, 2018, 09:09:54 AM
“What’s cool is that these animals are solving problems right under our feet and most people don’t realize it,” said Delgado, whose Ph.D. dissertation was on the complexity of squirrel behavior.

I believe we've all recognized this, possibly even before Delgado.  Zeebo "gets it," unlike certain bipeds. ;)

http://www.bakersfield.com/ap/national/study-uncovers-surprising-things-about-squirrels/article_68ce7f8d-a802-5e8e-a902-26991202499e.html
Jobs American undergrads won't do:
"Undergraduate assistant Simon Campo spent 2 1/2 years helping the research lab. He said the different personalities of the squirrels sometimes made the field work challenging.“They’re pretty mischievous,” Campo said. “They go up on roofs, in bushes, up trees and jump from tree to tree. They were definitely hard to track at times; some squirrels were more so than others.”"
I enjoyed the idea of students scrambling "armed" with "various nuts" and "camcorders" following dyed squirrels for years.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 11, 2018, 09:45:34 AM
Jobs American undergrads won't do:
"Undergraduate assistant Simon Campo spent 2 1/2 years helping the research lab. He said the different personalities of the squirrels sometimes made the field work challenging.“They’re pretty mischievous,” Campo said. “They go up on roofs, in bushes, up trees and jump from tree to tree. They were definitely hard to track at times; some squirrels were more so than others.”"
I enjoyed the idea of students scrambling "armed" with "various nuts" and "camcorders" following dyed squirrels for years.
Ha!  I wonder how they would have reacted to a squirrel in a smoking jacket.  :D