• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 01, 2018, 05:59:51 PM
The Great Prince of the Forest sure shows what he is made of here.  Beautiful animal!

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=tXT1_1522584151

^^^^ Yes it's LiveLeak and no it's not gross
That was awesome but could've been potentially gross. Those crazy people don't even slow down or stop?  It is weird though: animal vs people. A spike once hit me. Dark road, rutting time, and I saw him but the question was continue at same speed, slam the brakes (thereby throwing the groceries etc in my truck bed into chaos,) or slow down dramatically, or speed up and try to beat. I figured he saw me so continue at same rate of speed. At the last second dumb buck decided to try to cross and hit the bed of my truck. Which caused me to brake, groceries to go everywhere, small dent in truck, and the stunned spike get up wobbling shaking his head to bound off into the brush.

Quote from: Jackstar on April 01, 2018, 05:25:09 PM
... The alpha guy looks at me, and says, "You argue like a girl!"...

When you lost the current argument you spiraled off to other issues from years past, made crazy accusations and  irrelevant comments, slammed doors, went silent, and withheld sex?

aldousburbank

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 01, 2018, 05:47:30 PM
I think the complaints started once you tried to put your left foot in...

I've since turned myself around.

albrecht

BOMAR Inn? I thought he was dealing with cattle and listening to JBW shows and didn't realize he branched out operations to the hostelry industry. Why would someone not want a ham? And why set it on fire instead of giving it to someone else, throwing it away, putting in the freezer?
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/04/woman_jailed_for_setting_motel.html

Roswells, Art

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 01, 2018, 07:02:58 PM
When you lost the current argument you spiraled off to other issues from years past, made crazy accusations and  irrelevant comments, slammed doors, went silent, and withheld sex?

Jeez, not you too?

Here's a tip for the ladies: If you have to keep on bringing up past indiscretions to prove to them how awful they are it's time to leave.

Also, try branding them with a mark so the rest of us know to stay away.

paladin1991

Quote from: Taaroa on April 04, 2018, 12:55:11 PM
A lot of fan art is strange.

I like that piece.  Worf looking at the betas thinking, "Fucking Morons."

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 01, 2018, 04:55:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlmarLZpsyQ
Misogyny.  Men sell/trade advertising space all the time.  Nearly every business uses advertising, and they don't get ads by being jack asses to young ad sellers.  Even Jorch at one time sold ads!  You have to start somewhere. She, one girl, has almost have the Facebook followers that his whole hotel has!  That is pretty good.

He could have just told her he was offended she didn't learn his name, or that he doesn't like to work with women, or inexperienced advertisers... And simply say no.

Some lessons are learned the hard way.  She should have accepted his rude rejection and let it all roll away... Chalked it up, learned to research owners' names, learn the monetary value of ads, research companies a little more, and use a referral tracking system of some sort, if such a thing exists... To later prove the value of her ads.  So, in not learning the lessons, and in not taking the high road, she does come off as a snowflake.  And, it sounds like he anonymized her email, so that was kind, although his tone seems a little mean, considering advertising is a business.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on April 04, 2018, 07:12:22 PM
Misogyny.  Men sell/trade advertising space all the time.  Nearly every business uses advertising, and they don't get ads by being jack asses to young ad sellers.  Even Jorch at one time sold ads!  You have to start somewhere.

He could have just told her he was offended she didn't learn his name, or that he doesn't like to work with women, or inexperienced advertisers... And simply say no.

Some lessons are learned the hard way.  She should have accepted his rude rejection and let it all roll away... Chalked it up, learned to research owners' names, learn the monetary value of ads, research companies a little more, and use a referral tracking system of some sort, if such a thing exists... To later prove the value of her ads.  So, in not learning the lessons, and in not taking the high road, she does come off as a snowflake.  Then again, meanness is not exactly  a quality learning environment.

I'm shocked...SHOCKED that you would think that! :D

Jojo

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 02, 2018, 06:10:24 PM
Jeez, not you too?

Here's a tip for the ladies: If you have to keep on bringing up past indiscretions to prove to them how awful they are it's time to leave.

Also, try branding them with a mark so the rest of us know to stay away.
If the guys calls them "mistakes" instead of indiscretions, he will get further faster!

Corporations only bring up employee mistakes long enough for them to fall off the rolling 12-month calendar until the Action Plan or even a Disciplinary Plan gets the employees behavior up to par!

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 04, 2018, 07:16:12 PM
I'm shocked...SHOCKED that you would think that! :D
If you'd pull your finger out of the socket!  You're not brain-dead yet?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on April 04, 2018, 09:37:18 PM
If you'd pull your finger out of the socket!  You're not brain-dead yet?

Don't be so literal! It's your electrifying personality, Jojo. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0naYKtaA1k0

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 04, 2018, 09:47:41 PM
Don't be so literal! It's your electrifying personality, Jojo. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0naYKtaA1k0
You are getting sun!  Yay!

But seriously, which part of my post surprised you.  That he was an ass, or she was callow?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on April 04, 2018, 10:05:56 PM
You are getting sun!  Yay!

But seriously, which part of my post surprised you.  That he was an ass, or she was callow?

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 04, 2018, 10:12:52 PM

You're avoiding my question.  R U lazy?

And I lost a cat to feline AIDS (leukemia).  It wasn't entertainment.

paladin1991

Quote from: Jojo on April 05, 2018, 09:11:44 PM

When they die of diseases you can't eat the meat.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on April 05, 2018, 09:11:44 PM

I respect the man for being able to creatively generate some levity from her idiocy. He seemed to have a good time doing it and I had a good time watching him do it. Cheers right, mate! ;)

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 05, 2018, 09:42:56 PM
I respect the man for being able to creatively generate some levity from her idiocy. He seemed to have a good time doing it and I had a good time watching him do it. Cheers right, mate! ;)
Soliciting is not idiotic.  Everyone is selling something.  Some people have experience; other girls are just starting out.  But even though she is just starting out, a lone lady, she already has half the Facebook popularity of his entire business!  Pretty good record there.

And, he was dishonest.  To brainwash her into thinking advertising is not a commodity.  He pays for ads. Every business he uses pays for ads.  And he and all those good old boy clubs get to deduct the cost of the ads as a business expense.  And don't tell me "comps" don't happen!

But did he educate the young entrepreneur?  No! He ridiculed her.  He could have paid her the cash value, written it off as a business expense, and then enjoyed a new source of advertising while helping a young person in business for themselves, as he is in business for himself.  He also could have educated her on better cold-calling etiquette.  But he chose to ridicule her, and to go further and profanely ridicule her in a video... And to ridicule all bloggers, which is absurd.  He painted himself into a very stupid corner, as blogging is pretty well established now, and Internet merchandising, deliveries, BNBs, and transportation are actually starting to take over brick and mortar ways.  So, he looks like a fool.

However, there is no way she could have known this, to deal with him from those angles.  But she could have asked other bloggers and cold-callers instead of boring her readers.

But Big Guy has some serious issues.  Maybe no one mentored him and he had to claw up to his top.  Maybe he is just a privileged snob.  Maybe he hates women.

Would anyone like to write a group letter to him?  That he was dishonest in not letting her know advertising is a write-off.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on April 07, 2018, 02:47:09 PM
Soliciting is not idiotic.  Everyone is selling something.  Some people have experience; other girls are just starting out.  But even though she is just starting out, a lone lady, she already has half the Facebook popularity of his entire business!  Pretty good record there.

And, he was dishonest.  To brainwash her into thinking advertising is not a commodity.  He pays for ads. Every business he uses pays for ads.  And he and all those good old boy clubs get to deduct the cost of the ads as a business expense.  And don't tell me "comps" don't happen!

But did he educate the young entrepreneur?  No! He ridiculed her.  He could have paid her the cash value, written it off as a business expense, and then enjoyed a new source of advertising while helping a young person in business for themselves, as he is in business for himself.  He also could have educated her on better cold-calling etiquette.  But he chose to ridicule her, and to go further and profanely ridicule her in a video... And to ridicule all bloggers, which is absurd.  He painted himself into a very stupid corner, as blogging is pretty well established now, and Internet merchandising, deliveries, BNBs, and transportation are actually starting to take over brick and mortar ways.  So, he looks like a fool.

However, there is no way she could have known this, to deal with him from those angles.  But she could have asked other bloggers and cold-callers instead of boring her readers.

But Big Guy has some serious issues.  Maybe no one mentored him and he had to claw up to his top.  Maybe he is just a privileged snob.  Maybe he hates women.

Would anyone like to write a group letter to him?  That he was dishonest in not letting her know advertising is a write-off.

Maybe, maybe, maybe. You need to stop living in the fantasy world of your conjecture and start living in reality, with the rest of us. You see, it works like this. You have to have something of value to offer in a trade. Now if Lady Gaga or some other contemporary hack proposed the same thing I'm sure he'd probably be all over it because the sheer amount of eyes on her would definitely increase his business, just from all the wannabes. However, this 23 year old bimbo was just trying to scam free accommodations for her and her fiancé. Do you see the difference? This man can and it's probably why he still has a successful business and she's just a whiny nobody being made fun of on YouTube.

Quote from: Jojo on April 07, 2018, 02:47:09 PM

This is known as ''life in the big city''.  Everyone else placing themselves in the public eye gets similar treatment at one time or another.  So what.  Are you saying just because she's a woman, she should be protected from the comments of others?

This was good for her.  She's no doubt gotten an enormous amount of publicity, views of her videos, and sympathy.  I know you have to have heard that ''any publicity is good publicity''.  If she's any good, she'd be able to turn this incident back on the guy and rub his nose in it.  Will she?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 07, 2018, 09:17:27 PM
This is known as ''life in the big city''.  Everyone else placing themselves in the public eye gets similar treatment at one time or another.  So what.  Are you saying just because she's a woman, she should be protected from the comments of others?

This was good for her.  She's no doubt gotten an enormous amount of publicity, views of her videos, and sympathy.  I know you have to have heard that ''any publicity is good publicity''.  If she's any good, she'd be able to turn this incident back on the guy and rub his nose in it.  Will she?

Highly doubtful. Did you watch it?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 07, 2018, 09:27:32 PM
... Did you watch it?

I did.  Because the person who posted it said what it was and why I would want to watch it.  And it was.

For all the publicity, she should have been delighted - whether she could come up with a good response or not.  And yes, I'm sure there are plenty responses - or no response - better than ''poor me''.  If nothing else came to mind, there's always mocking him as an old, tired, constipated stuffed shirt, and laughing it off

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 07, 2018, 09:17:27 PM

Since you asked, I'm just saying he didn't do a minority any favors.  If she'd been a man, he would have.  He's obviously gay.  And, he maligned all advertisers and bloggers as unethical, in his very obscene video. 

The part that is worst is that he didn't inform her ads are deductible.  He misled her to believe his business would suffer financially, when at least in here in the U.S., in April he would be paid back.

And I agree she handled it poorly too.