• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Guns

Started by Caruthers612, July 01, 2010, 11:34:40 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: slipstream on May 23, 2013, 09:09:21 AM

OH yes, the next argument from the politically correct, "something could possibly happen, so we shouldn't allow it."  This is the way the politically correct restrict freedom.  However, when it comes to guns the politically correct have another motive, control.

You're a bit detached from reality, so it's difficult to see how you see 'restricting freedom' with 'avoiding a bloodbath'... I don't carry a firearm, I have more freedoms than you do. How about that!

...which is strange how you then go on to say....

I am not sure of the state of the victim yesterday after he was hit, but going forward British soliders should carry their side arm for protection.  Apparently there are many Muslim extremists in Britian due to immigration policy.

'Should' carry side arms? Because you say so? So you'd control the situation?

The victim was reportedly decapitated with a meat cleaver. You should report your findings re: extremists, to the security services. As you have no idea about our immigration policy how would you know about how many extremists there are? It's worth mentioning that some of the loudest condemnations and shocked reactions has been from Muslim groups. 

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 23, 2013, 09:22:43 AM
... It's worth mentioning that some of the loudest condemnations and shocked reactions has been from Muslim groups.

Whenever one of our junior gang-banger pukes kills another one, people from the 'hood line up to give us a litany of what good boys both are.  Everyone professes to be shocked, shocked.  Then it happens on another corner somewhere else in town.

At some point, with enough events, one realizes there is a disconnect.

slipstream

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 23, 2013, 09:22:43 AM

You're a bit detached from reality, so it's difficult to see how you see 'restricting freedom' with 'avoiding a bloodbath'... I don't carry a firearm, I have more freedoms than you do. How about that!

...which is strange how you then go on to say....

'Should' carry side arms? Because you say so? So you'd control the situation?

The victim was reportedly decapitated with a meat cleaver. You should report your findings re: extremists, to the security services. As you have no idea about our immigration policy how would you know about how many extremists there are? It's worth mentioning that some of the loudest condemnations and shocked reactions has been from Muslim groups.

Arguing with politically correct is a chore, for they give fallacy upon fallacy.  Someone else can pick it up.  I'm outta here.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 23, 2013, 09:51:24 AM

Whenever one of our junior gang-banger pukes kills another one, people from the 'hood line up to give us a litany of what good boys both are.  Everyone professes to be shocked, shocked.  Then it happens on another corner somewhere else in town.

At some point, with enough events, one realizes there is a disconnect.

Perhaps you're right; All white guys advocate the genocide of indigenous American settlers and go on to steal their land, only later to do a bit of hang wringing advocating regret.. But in reality they still stand by the 'The only good injun is a dead injun' Yeah, that works for me.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: slipstream on May 23, 2013, 09:54:39 AM
Arguing with politically correct is a chore, for they give fallacy upon fallacy.  Someone else can pick it up.  I'm outta here.

I don't think you actually know what politically correct means. You use it as a noun in the same way as liberal is used as an insult by some. I'm not politically correct, but neither do I advocate shooting first and asking questions afterwards. You haven't actually given reasoned arguments, simply the usual mantra 'freedom'..I have news for you, America hasn't the monopoly on that, nor is it (nor has been for several years) the best example.

Quote from: UFO Fill on May 23, 2013, 06:50:31 AM
Yep, and too bad one of those British women who rushed to help didn't have a pistol in her purse as an American woman may have.  She might have saved the guy.

What I find particularly disgusting, is the fact that nobody attempted a rescue of the victim. Several women eventually put themselves between the murderers and the victim. Where were the British men? Look at the picture in this link and tell me: [size=78%]http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/05/23/london-attack-women-terrorism-arrest-ingrid-loyau-kennett/[/size]

One word comes to mind: cowards.

Additionally, it should be noted that the police took at least 20 minutes to respond. In that time, the murderers were able to take occasional breaks from their butchering and even conduct INTERVIEWS! [size=78%]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=64f_1369272177[/size]

Frankly, the entire episode is positively surreal. I just can`t imagine how any of those spineless little cowards that sat by and watched a fellow human get butchered like a spring calve, can sleep tonight. Thank God almighty I live in America.

Sardondi

Quote from: FightTheFuture on May 23, 2013, 10:36:04 AMWhat I find particularly disgusting, is the fact that nobody attempted a rescue of the victim. Several women eventually put themselves between the murderers and the victim. Where were the British men? Look at the picture in this link and tell me:...

Additionally, it should be noted that the police took at least 20 minutes to respond. In that time, the murderers were able to take occasional breaks from their butchering and even conduct INTERVIEWS! [size=78%]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=64f_1369272177[/size]

Frankly, the entire episode is positively surreal. I just can`t imagine how any of those spineless little cowards that sat by and watched a fellow human get butchered like a spring calve, can sleep tonight. Thank God almighty I live in America.

I was just stunned at the whole thing, as well as officialdom's response to it. Did the UK rise up in national condemnation of and revulsion at this barbarity? Perish the thought. "Don't wear your unis in public, lads", was what the pols came up with. It makes me sick. I remember when some here disputed that there were Muslim "no go" areas in London where police had an unwritten policy of simply not entering, even to the point of letting religious councils judge all civil and even many serious criminal matters. And now two home-grown Islamic murderers calmly saunter down the street and cleaver a squaddie to death. (Do we even have to address the stark questions this poses about a society's members' inability to defend themselves with firearms?)

National decline is so often a choice. I love Britain like no other land but my own. It is my spiritual motherland. And it kills me to see this once-great people convince themselves that they don't even deserve to survive. Worse, for decades Britain has been the bellwether for the US: it is in so many ways the cultural outlier for us, and about 10-15 years in the lead. Attitudes of the UK often eventually become the attitudes of Americans. And that scares me silly. 

Juan

Here's something else to consider about the poor, politically correct Brits - their flag now may be offensive to Muslims.  The Bristol Post reports that the town council of Radstock declined to purchase a new St. George's Cross because the flag was used during the Crusades.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jackpine Savage on May 18, 2013, 08:45:38 PM
They've just become the boogey man to take the place of a whole host of societal issues people would rather not talk about.

hear, hear.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: FightTheFuture on May 23, 2013, 10:36:04 AM

What I find particularly disgusting, is the fact that nobody attempted a rescue of the victim. Several women eventually put themselves between the murderers and the victim. Where were the British men? Look at the picture in this link and tell me: [size=78%]http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/05/23/london-attack-women-terrorism-arrest-ingrid-loyau-kennett/[/size]

Okay..a bit of background.. London in general is seen by visitors from overseas as 'the place to visit'..It's understandable, it has all the big museums, monuments, and of course several famous residences pertaining to the royal family..One misconception that is attributed to Londoners (and I emphasise that deliberately) is that they're a friendly bunch and they all get along in one big back slapping 'community'. They don't. The general pattern is they seldom know the name of the person who lives next door to them, let alone anyone else down the street.
I personally (and have said it before) don't like London (I live about a 170 miles north).. I think it's filthy in places, I find it unfriendly, no-oone dare talk to anyone on the underground (similar to NY's subway), and it's noisy, bustling and although many love the place..I never have, and will never be likely to. 

The scenario is set then. You have passers by who probably don't know each other, a very busy road (It's a main arterial route through southern London) and what appears to be at first glance and indeed for several minutes afterwards, a tragic accidental collision between a car that had somehow driven onto the pavement (sidewalk) and a pedestrian walking along minding his own business. What has been reported by several who witnessed what happened several seconds later is the driver got out (We have the drivers door on the right, so he would be almost invisible to most who could see the car, because that door was not facing the road) and appeared  to crouch down to give CPR to the guy on the ground. What appears to have happened next is a second car drew up and that driver also got out, and ran to the scene. Passers by believed he was trying to assist, although at least two think they saw one carrying what looked like a machete and a handgun. Total time to the initial contact about twenty seconds.

Some still believed it seems that someone else had called the police, ambulance etc..But someone then saw it wasn't an accident and saw the two suspects hacking the man on the floor with knives and a cleaver.. By the time anyone got close, the man was dead. He'd been decapitated.

The woman Ingrid who was close seems to be there by happenstance; the suspects then it's reported by pretty much everyone had no desire to run away, and indeed started too boast about what they had done. They wouldn't let anyone near the body though. It was obvious they were waiting for the police to get there because they knew they'd be dispatched, and knew also it would be all over the world in minutes. That is exactly what they wanted..and were prepared to hang out the time until it happened.

The police turned up in less than twenty minutes, but security experts have said that even if it had been 20 minutes, that is bloody damn fast in London, when the density of traffic is taken into consideration..Because in the UK, the armed response teams are briefed before they go out.

The suspects knew they'd be shot, that's what they wanted. And they were obliged. Personally I want them to suffer unimaginable deaths, that will take time, but we live in a country where they're now arrested and will (if they survive the gunshot wounds) probably stand trial, and who knows what sentence will be given if and when they're found guilty.

See above.

I agree, it was surreal, certainly I've never seen anything like it before..But the 'spineless' cowards, as you call them, firstly didn't know what was going on, and when they did, knew they were facing (for all they knew) two nut jobs high as kites, wielding weapons that had been used to savagely murder a man n the ground. As I said in my above post earlier today...I know some of you will say we should all be armed, but I can assure you if that happened, they're would have been far more than three deaths IF the two suspects had been hit and killed.

Quote from: Sardondi on May 23, 2013, 11:36:08 AM
I was just stunned at the whole thing, as well as officialdom's response to it. Did the UK rise up in national condemnation of and revulsion at this barbarity? Perish the thought.

Rise up? And do what? Overthrow the government? We don't need to rise up, beat our chests, wrap ourselves in the Union flag, and cry at the national anthem to be pissed off. I'm horrified at what has happened..But now is not the time for anyone to lose it..Now is the time to let the one tasked with getting information and evidence, to do their job and connect pieces t the puzzle.N-one knows yet that these two were alone, or part of a loose cell. No-one knows who if anyone in the UK influenced them..Loosing the plot won't help and will likely hinder.
The police hit the targets, they're trained to do it..And even they now will have miles of paperwork to fill in. Some have complained (thankfully not s much now) that a warning wasn't given. Witnesses say the officers simply didn't have time as one of the suspects rushed one of them with two machetes. The suspects were very lucky they were wounded, perhaps the round  didn't connect with vital organs, who knows, although one is reported t be critical. The upside (if it can be called one), is that hopefully at least one will survive to spit out information.
"Don't wear your unis in public, lads", was what the pols came up with.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22638431
Have they? The politicians have stated that the military are revising their personal security arrangements..The military on the ground I would imagine might even decide to wear their berets and 'help the heroes' t shirts., I know the website to buy them has crashed due t how many people now want to show their solidarity...hardly the mark of a scared country I'd suggest?

It makes me sick. I remember when some here disputed that there were Muslim "no go" areas in London where police had an unwritten policy of simply not entering, even to the point of letting religious councils judge all civil and even many serious criminal matters.

It was disputed, because it's bollox. Total bollox.

And now two home-grown Islamic murderers calmly saunter down the street and cleaver a squaddie to death. (Do we even have to address the stark questions this poses about a society's members' inability to defend themselves with firearms?)

Actually no they didn't; they ran him over in a car..(see above) so even iif he'd been armed, it's highly unlikely he'd have done much about it..Similarly as I also said above in my previous post, a bloodbath more than ensued would have resulted. But hey as long as everyone is as highly trained as the above average soldier no problems...That is never going to happen.

National decline is so often a choice. I love Britain like no other land but my own. It is my spiritual motherland. And it kills me to see this once-great people convince themselves that they don't even deserve to survive. Worse, for decades Britain has been the bellwether for the US: it is in so many ways the cultural outlier for us, and about 10-15 years in the lead. Attitudes of the UK often eventually become the attitudes of Americans. And that scares me silly. 

Decline maybe: Losing the plot isn't going to help anyone, least of all me. The way terrorists win, is when the population are scared and run arund like headless chickens...

Do you know what Ingrid said to the suspect who told her they were going to start a war? She said "You won't win, there are more of us", That actually made me choke up and feel immensely privileged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22644857

Juan

Richard Fernandez is an interesting observer of the West - as he does so from the Philippines. He calls yesterday's murder in Britain the culmination of Western social engineering.

http://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2013/05/22/the-manhood-of-the-west/

onan

I seem to remember several incidents in the US where heinous crimes have occured in public and bright of day and no one intervened.

Stevesh can probably explain this better but even with a ccw a person is violating other's rights by detaining them. It is illegal to fire a warning shot, no matter what is going on. If a person with a conceal carry comes upon a situation similar to what is being discussed here, if the attack is over the gun owner is breaking the law to fire his weapon. If the attack is occuring then firing a weapon is legal. But, and this is a big but, lots of people talk about what they would do while in the calm, cool, armchair of their study... another story entirely in the heat of some horrific crime. Many people would not be able to fathom what was occuring and may, as some did believe the attackers were attempting aid.

It is real hard to say and real easy to believe one would do the right thing... but that is not always accomplished even by those with significant training.

In essence we have two different cultures staking to claim on what is right and wrong with gun ownership... both sides can be right here. I know, crazy talk.

Quote from: UFO Fill on May 23, 2013, 12:27:45 PM
Here's something else to consider about the poor, politically correct Brits - their flag now may be offensive to Muslims.  The Bristol Post reports that the town council of Radstock declined to purchase a new St. George's Cross because the flag was used during the Crusades.

I recall years back now, something about British school children no longer being served traditional Hot Cross Buns on Good Friday for the same reason. 

Shouldn't the first rule of immigrants be that they fit in to their new country, not demand it be the other way around.  Giving in to this stuff is seen as a sign of weakness and will only encourage more demands and radicalization.  These troublemakers need to be better screened before arriving, and if they get past that, returned home. 

They've been done a favor being granted access to someone else's country, to have been brought in to the modern world.  They aren't owed anything - just the opposite.  Their death cult religion can not to be catered to without negative consequences down the road.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 23, 2013, 09:22:54 PM

I recall years back now, something about British school children no longer being served traditional Hot Cross Buns on Good Friday for the same reason. 

Shouldn't the first rule of immigrants be that they fit in to their new country, not demand it be the other way around.  Giving in to this stuff is seen as a sign of weakness and will only encourage more demands and radicalization.  These troublemakers need to be better screened before arriving, and if they get past that, returned home. 

They've been done a favor being granted access to someone else's country, to have been brought in to the modern world.  They aren't owed anything - just the opposite.  Their death cult religion can not to be catered to without negative consequences down the road.

Feed 'em all Saveloys!!!!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: onan on May 23, 2013, 04:48:28 PM
I seem to remember several incidents in the US where heinous crimes have occured in public and bright of day and no one intervened.

Stevesh can probably explain this better but even with a ccw a person is violating other's rights by detaining them. It is illegal to fire a warning shot, no matter what is going on. If a person with a conceal carry comes upon a situation similar to what is being discussed here, if the attack is over the gun owner is breaking the law to fire his weapon. If the attack is occuring then firing a weapon is legal. But, and this is a big but, lots of people talk about what they would do while in the calm, cool, armchair of their study... another story entirely in the heat of some horrific crime. Many people would not be able to fathom what was occuring and may, as some did believe the attackers were attempting aid.

Absolutely bang on Onan, More and more details are coming out all the time, but the general feeling is the initial barbaric murder was all over in a few seconds. After that it was several (and growing) passers by were trying to actually work out what it is had just happened. One or two apparently ran to the adjacent school and told the staff there to keep the kids in. The other detail is that the attackers told the onlookers that only women could approach the body, no men allowed. I think it safe to assume that if men had tried to, we'd have had more casualties. having a few wannabee heroes in a very fast moving and complex crime scene like this making uncoordinated but possibly well meaning assaults on the suspects would just have made the police's job exponentially more complicated and potentially increase risk of casualties.

The 'interviews' were not given to news crews. They were captured by the onlookers on their phones. The police have asked for all the footage to be submitted for evidence gathering and piece the events together.

It is real hard to say and real easy to believe one would do the right thing... but that is not always accomplished even by those with significant training.

Agreed.

In essence we have two different cultures staking to claim on what is right and wrong with gun ownership... both sides can be right here. I know, crazy talk.

Crazy world mate. The soldier left a wife and a two year old child..One thing that is coming out a lot in his home town in Manchester is the horror and disgust he died like he did. An ex soldier who was interviewed in his town made the simple point that if soldiers have to die, it should be on the battle field, not on a street like this. That I suppose throws up the argument on where the lines are drawn in the modern age.

Quote from: Sardondi on May 23, 2013, 11:36:08 AM
... I remember when some here disputed that there were Muslim "no go" areas in London where police had an unwritten policy of simply not entering, even to the point of letting religious councils judge all civil and even many serious criminal matters...

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 23, 2013, 03:16:42 PM
... It was disputed, because it's bollox. Total bollox...

Actually, you were overwhelmed with links to reports from mainstream newspapers stating this is exactly the case - both the 'no go' areas for police, and the sharia religious councils (although I don't recall whether it was London specifically).  So now a few months later here you are saying it was all just 'bollox' again?  Whatever.

By the way, these same 7th Century misfits are - as of right now today - tearing up some town in Sweden that the Swedes foolishly allowed them to move to.  Or is that all just 'Bollox' too?

http://www.france24.com/en/20130523-cars-ablaze-stockholm-braces-fifth-night-riots

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/23/swedish-riots-Stockholm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22636288

These people have no business living here in the West, and our craven politicians have no business inviting them here.

stevesh

Quote from: onan on May 23, 2013, 04:48:28 PM

Correct. A CPL (CCW) doesn't give its holder arrest or detention authority, or permission for summary execution (sadly, that's reserved for the police). Armed or not, there isn't much you can do once the crime has ben committed, other than try to detain the criminal until law enforcement arrive.

My only question about the way this was handled by the London authorities is the 20 minutes it took them to arrive. I doubt if London traffic can be that much worse that that of New York City, and I can guarantee the NY cops would arrive at the scene of an in-the-street beheading much faster than that. The London response teams need to be briefed before resonding to what might be an ongoing rampage ? Bollocks.

Juan

I also heard a news report that said the police were delayed because a special unit with guns had to be called in.  Regular Bobbies are not armed. I don't know if this is true or not.

Here in Florida with a stand-your-ground law, if two people had just beheaded another, were running around bloody, carrying weapons and making threats, I think a bystander with a weapon would be able to shoot them.  Now a crusading prosecutor, like we have in my county - a Nancy Grace wannabe - might prosecute, but I don't know that a jury would convict.  In fact, the case might not get to a jury.  I understand that this would be different in different states.

In too many big cities in the US the government is pretty much pro-criminal and anti-police, or may as well be.  From the sound of it, London takes that to the next level.

stevesh

Quote from: UFO Fill on May 24, 2013, 05:58:51 AM

Here in Florida with a stand-your-ground law, if two people had just beheaded another, were running around bloody, carrying weapons and making threats, I think a bystander with a weapon would be able to shoot them.  Now a crusading prosecutor, like we have in my county - a Nancy Grace wannabe - might prosecute, but I don't know that a jury would convict.  In fact, the case might not get to a jury.  I understand that this would be different in different states.

I think you'd be rolling the dice by shooting, unless it was obvious to (multiple) observers that your life or the life of another was in imminent danger. Maybe Sardondi can offer a more legalish observation.

Sardondi

Quote from: stevesh on May 24, 2013, 06:13:17 AM
I think you'd be rolling the dice by shooting, unless it was obvious to (multiple) observers that your life or the life of another was in imminent danger. Maybe Sardondi can offer a more legalish observation.
It's all controlled by state/local law, the attitude of the local law enforcement community (particularly the local DA), and local attitudes about citizens and firearms; but in most jurisdictions an average joe is going to get a pass for shooting an escaping killer on the theory of preventing additional serious crime. Jeez Louise, just look at what they've done to us, where we're hesitant about defending ourselves and our community from murderers who would stroll away from their kill with impunity. Unfortunately all this goes pretty much goes out the window in most major cities and the Northeast in general, where "liberal fascism" has taken hold in most governments and much of the populace.

Juan

I see from reading the UK Daily Mail that the head choppers are just the same as our inner city thugs.  "Really nice boys."

Sardondi

Quote from: UFO Fill on May 24, 2013, 09:17:57 AM
I see from reading the UK Daily Mail that the head choppers are just the same as our inner city thugs.  "Really nice boys."
Betcha they were "honor students", Bonfire of the Vanities style.

Eddie Coyle

Turning their lives around? Loving fathers to the children of women they didn't marry or live with? Contemplated getting their GED so they could attend the Ivy League? Found Islam while doing a bit in a pen? (Insert baby picture, not recent picture of said thug...the Trayvon rule)

The same old standing heads of urban "journalism"

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 24, 2013, 09:40:18 AM
       Turning their lives around? Loving fathers to the children of women they didn't marry or live with? Contemplated getting their GED so they could attend the Ivy League? Found Islam while doing a bit in a pen? (Insert baby picture, not recent picture of said thug...the Trayvon rule)

The same old standing heads of urban "journalism"

Was this a big thing? Because I remember mentioning this fact when asked about the case (at the time the initial hubbub was ongoing), and I always said "If all they are doing is showing me 4-5+ year-old pics of this kid, something must be wrong."

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: stevesh on May 24, 2013, 04:49:58 AM

My only question about the way this was handled by the London authorities is the 20 minutes it took them to arrive. I doubt if London traffic can be that much worse that that of New York City,

The traffic might be the same as NY in density..But I have no idea how far the police station was in relation to the incident. We also have dedicated armed police response units (They're called 'TROJAN' I believe in London, I have no idea why).. The officers would have been briefed before going mobile and collect their weapons and ammunition-it's important to remember they're not armed all the time, but on call at a moments notice. From footage the initial four officers (armed) raced up in a car and got out..

This was the cue for one of the murdering bastard filth fucks..I mean suspects, to run at the police car with two machetes in his hand..the footage looks as if he dropped one but carried on running at the officers..he was dropped, and his accomplice who was also running along the pavement (but in the same direction) was also dropped by the police. When it was apparent they were down, the officers then administered first aid to then until the paramedics were allowed near.   
Because the two weren't killed, it means they will now be questioned when they recover (latest update is that both are recovering). There are so many questions that need answering so it's useless for anyone to give definitive versions..for instance there were two people interviewed by the news crews yesterday. Both had seen 'everything'...Both gave slightly different stories, which the police will tell you, can be significant when it comes to presenting a case that goes to court. So until the full investigation has taken place, I don't think the police will be releasing details.

and I can guarantee the NY cops would arrive at the scene of an in-the-street beheading much faster than that. The London response teams need to be briefed before resonding to what might be an ongoing rampage ? Bollocks.

Why is it bollox? They have to know where they're going, what the updated situation is (There is a school right next to where it happened, so they need to be aware of possible kids outside it, parents picking up etc)..Sure they have to think and act on their feet and do, when they're there, but any intelligence is an advantage...All the more reason why Joe public isn't the best person to make such critical decisions when shit is hitting the fan. The police don't wish to be universally armed, they consistently vote against it when given the opportunity. I personally know a couple of serving police officers, one with about 30 years service.  I've asked the question, "Would you like to carry a firearm?" Both told me not at all. One told me it would make his job a lot harder, because then a criminal would already go armed knowing the cop was too, and a shootout was a good likely outcome. So he'd rather go along and try and defuse a situation.

Yorkshire pud

I have said this before Fill; but the Daily wail isn't the best organ to get news from. It's just wrong..on so many levels. You know that because Alex Jones says's it's a respected best selling newspaper in 'England'..So by default, that should tell you.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 24, 2013, 06:02:18 AM
In too many big cities in the US the government is pretty much pro-criminal and anti-police, or may as well be.  From the sound of it, London takes that to the next level.

You do talk utter utter utter fucking tosh.

Juan

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 24, 2013, 12:04:32 PM

I have said this before Fill; but the Daily wail isn't the best organ to get news from. It's just wrong..on so many levels. You know that because Alex Jones says's it's a respected best selling newspaper in 'England'..So by default, that should tell you.
That's certainly a point, but the Mail said it had quotes from former girlfriends.  Do you say that they make up quotes?  Or that they shade the news to Fleet Street standards?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: UFO Fill on May 24, 2013, 12:21:50 PM
That's certainly a point, but the Mail said it had quotes from former girlfriends.  Do you say that they make up quotes?  Or that they shade the news to Fleet Street standards?

I would double check the date on the front with an independent source when it comes to the DM. It's OT, but they are seen as one of the vilest fabricators of fact in the UK..What is all the more abhorrent, is the editor, Paul Dacre is incredibly reticent to have his private life dragged through a rag, but seems quite relaxed about stories in the past that have even caused suicides to innocent people..I'm of course not saying that the two scum bags are worthy of kid gloves, but neither does that make the DM a reliable source. I think I'm right in saying it's the most sued newspaper.