• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Picked up any new hobbies lately?

Started by ksm32, February 17, 2018, 02:41:48 AM

ksm32

Last October I was gifted a rather high quality speed bag with a wall mount system to hang it from. This was something I would have never asked for or dreamed about getting in to. However, this new fascination of mine has me addicted and I can't tear myself away from it. This is a completely unexpected new hobby that has me by the balls and I've gotten very good at it as I'm very fast and getting somewhat fancy using elbows, back-fists and more.  Sometimes a mild case of OCD can come in handy;D

..better than stamp collecting, I guess.

Robert

A hobby that involves me more in an activity causes me to lose interest in less-involving ways of being part of that activity.  It usually takes a while, though.  Coaching football eventually took away my interest in watching football.  Making fireworks took away my interest in shooting fireworks, and is on its way to killing my interest in watching fireworks.  Solving Lost went a long way in taking away my remaining interest in watching TV.  Making apple wine and pizza took away my interest in drinking any other wine (but that hardly counts since I wasn't much of a wine drinker) or eating any other pizza.

Politics was an exception.  Doing it killed my interest in doing it, but not in following it.  Also, playing rugby didn't kill my interest in watching it, although coaching football might've taken down my interesting in watching rugby too.  Also, making bubble bath didn't take away my enjoyment of bubble baths, except temporarily when the testing got to be a bit much.

Other types of gaming took away my interest in playing chess.  Had I gotten into game design as my ambition was at one time, that might've killed my interest in game playing too.

Vaginal exams were something as a turn-off for sex.

ksm32

Quote from: Robert on February 17, 2018, 04:12:22 PM
A hobby that involves me more in an activity causes me to lose interest in less-involving ways of being part of that activity.  It usually takes a while, though.  Coaching football eventually took away my interest in watching football.  Making fireworks took away my interest in shooting fireworks, and is on its way to killing my interest in watching fireworks.  Solving Lost went a long way in taking away my remaining interest in watching TV.  Making apple wine and pizza took away my interest in drinking any other wine (but that hardly counts since I wasn't much of a wine drinker) or eating any other pizza.

Politics was an exception.  Doing it killed my interest in doing it, but not in following it.  Also, playing rugby didn't kill my interest in watching it, although coaching football might've taken down my interesting in watching rugby too.  Also, making bubble bath didn't take away my enjoyment of bubble baths, except temporarily when the testing got to be a bit much.

Other types of gaming took away my interest in playing chess.  Had I gotten into game design as my ambition was at one time, that might've killed my interest in game playing too.

Vaginal exams were something as a turn-off for sex.

You've got politics, chess, and vaginas in the same post. That's got to be worth something. God speed, good sir.