Author Topic: BellGab is now funded entirely by user donations.  (Read 6217 times)

Re: Google Adsense is finished on BellGab.
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2018, 10:44:26 PM »
Those Silicon Valley fascists loved Obama's ''net neutrality''.  It placed the restraint on internet service providers, but not those making decisions about the content we see - Google, FakeBook, Twitter. 

We have laws that allow government regulation in certain situations for the common good.  For example natural monopolies, the prevention of (heh) collusion and monopoly.  The airwaves are regulated.  Roads are regulated.  The environment is regulated.  What a person can build on his own property is regulated.  All sorts of industries are regulated.

Some regulations are necessary and control the worst excesses of capitialism, or step in where the private sector fails.  There is nothing wrong with that.  Other regulations are destructive and counter productive.  It seems to me the internet - as important as it has become to everything - needs a certain amount of ''beneficial''regulation.  What that may be is open for debate but it should certainly include those companies that dominate the internet, and prevent them from partisan censorship.

There are regulations in place, especially with the FTC that for the most part keep them honest. Even with “net neutrality” the cable companies were throttling access at the distribution points. At least here in Texas, where cable broadband is available, your speed varied based on which monthly package you signed up for.

Cellular companies were (and still are) throttling data rates, especially on unlimited data plans.

Rural areas still don’t have broadband. Up at my woods the only service available is satellite and basic packages are limited to 10gb per month.

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 10:47:11 PM »
Just today, this thread was flagged for "dangerous or derogatory content":

Et tu, Brute?

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2018, 10:51:43 PM »
Et tu, Brute?

It's kind of like your next door neighbor telling you he doesn't like how you fuck your wife and giving you pointers on stroke technique.

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2018, 11:06:19 PM »
Just today, this thread was flagged for "dangerous or derogatory content":
http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=11801.0

I thought this whole site was dangerous and full of derogatory content?  ;)

MV, have you considered making some youtube videos where you ask for money to go feed other peoples' cats? I hear that "haul" videos where you pull out name brand junk food that you can't afford out of a plastic bag are also popular. Lastly, you could just tell everyone that your cable is being cut off and I'm sure people will donate.

(Seriously, did you ever look into the Amazon link thing? Everybody seems to be doing it.)

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2018, 12:13:13 AM »
(Seriously, did you ever look into the Amazon link thing? Everybody seems to be doing it.)

Amazon is pulling the same stunts with people. Time for a clean break from all of it.

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2018, 12:14:37 AM »
Amazon is pulling the same stunts with people. Time for a clean break from all of it.

Turbo Mode?

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2018, 12:16:18 AM »
I don't doubt you but do you have a citation for that claim?

I saw it earlier today in an excerpt of a Supreme Court ruling. I'll find it.

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2018, 12:20:35 AM »
I saw it earlier today in an excerpt of a Supreme Court ruling. I'll find it.

With one broad stroke, North Carolina bars access to what for many are the principal sources for knowing current events, checking ads for employment, speaking and listening in the modern public square, and otherwise exploring the vast realms of human thought and knowledge.

https://qz.com/1009546/the-us-supreme-court-just-decided-access-to-facebook-twitter-or-snapchat-is-fundamental-to-free-speech/

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2018, 12:26:02 AM »
https://qz.com/1009546/the-us-supreme-court-just-decided-access-to-facebook-twitter-or-snapchat-is-fundamental-to-free-speech/

So does it hold true that facebook, et al cannot ban someone or censor speech?

What I mean is this ruling says the state cannot restrict it, but does that mean that someone needs to provide it?

Older paradigm... Take a newspaper... an editor decides not to publish your letter to the editor.  Have they just restricted free speech?

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2018, 01:10:36 AM »
Honestly though--I think you should go with a biannual paywall for access to a private Members Only section.

"Members." heh heh

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2018, 01:11:16 AM »
Older paradigm... Take a newspaper... an editor decides not to publish your letter to the editor.  Have they just restricted free speech?

Only if Hillary deleted it.

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2018, 01:11:30 AM »
So does it hold true that facebook, et al cannot ban someone or censor speech?

What I mean is this ruling says the state cannot restrict it, but does that mean that someone needs to provide it?

I will reply to this tomorrow. It deserves a more substantive reply than I care to deliver from a phone.

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2018, 01:15:29 AM »
Honestly though--I think you should go with a biannual paywall for access to a private Members Only section.

"Members." heh heh
What?  I have no money.  Scholarships then, or community service!

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2018, 01:16:42 AM »

"Members." heh heh

Will there be titty?

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2018, 01:17:14 AM »
What?  I have no money.

Stop buying Pixie Stix and Bubble Yum for a week.

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2018, 01:17:27 AM »
I'd prefer not to be bothered with enforcing it.
I see.  Well, there are always a few Swishy types in every crowd...

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2018, 01:22:51 AM »
I have adsense on my two business sites. It's not bad!

However, I don't have a swishypants or a Jackstar shopping for flooring in my area :) Hmm

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2018, 01:24:32 AM »
It's not about all that, Jojo. It's about preserving freedom. If we let that start sliding then pretty soon it's 1984 again, boots on faces and all. ;)
Freedom includes expressing one's values as one sees fit.  That's the beauty of freedom.  Each club can set its own values.  A club can value respect.  Or it can be a mob.

One person's freedom is another person's ruined night.  I would like freedom to enjoy connecting without having to cringe or bear it every time someone says pussy, bitch, etc...  Women should have freedom to go about, without their type being reduced to body parts and sexual function.

Are you meaning anarchy?

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2018, 01:25:31 AM »
I'd prefer not to be bothered with enforcing it.

reported

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2018, 01:29:46 AM »
One person's freedom is another person's ruined night.  I would like freedom to enjoy connecting without having to cringe or bear it every time someone says pussy, bitch, etc...  Women should have freedom to go about, without their type being reduced to body parts and sexual function.

It is never possible to control another's behavior, but it is always entirely possible to control one's reaction to the behavior of others.

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2018, 01:32:22 AM »
Stop buying Pixie Stix and Bubble Yum for a week.
You know that's food stamps!

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2018, 01:33:10 AM »
It is never possible to control another's behavior, but it is always entirely possible to control one's reaction to the behavior of others.
Tell that to a cop!

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2018, 01:35:46 AM »

However, I don't have a swishypants or a Jackstar shopping for flooring in my area :) Hmm
They need to invent a flexible, stick-on, cuttable easy threshold cover.  Everywhere I go, nice floors but big gaps because no one took care of thresholds at doorways!  Hard for people in scooters.

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2018, 01:35:47 AM »

Just scoll past it

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2018, 01:39:31 AM »

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2018, 01:41:14 AM »

"Members." heh heh

Great idea Jackstar! Emotionally blackmail a group of people who have had their emotions ripped out. These guys! These are not your kind of guys! Jojo is going to FUCK you UP! I'm serious! He's got the KY out already!

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2018, 01:45:46 AM »
Tell that to a cop!

My S.C.M.O.D.S. profile clearly states, "do not engage with in conversation." Believe me, I have tried.

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2018, 01:46:19 AM »
MV, you're going to have to give blow-jobs down at the gas station again Daddy! The fam is counting on you!

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2018, 01:50:50 AM »

I'm the MARY and he's the RHODA!

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2018, 01:51:32 AM »
Great idea Jackstar! Emotionally blackmail

Have you met my ex? Nigga please.