• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Battle Against ISIS-One Shot at a Time

Started by Hog, June 22, 2017, 10:11:49 AM

Hog

In Iraq, an unidentified Canadian sniper team took out a target from an elevated position at a range of 3450 meters/3377 yards/2.14 miles.

The bullet travel time was over 7 seconds, dropped about 180 meters/600 feet(in essence you would have to aim 180m/600ft high to compensate for gravity's effect pulling the bullet downwards. At 3450m/2.14 miles, the 0.50" caliber round still had 1400lb/ft of force.(more than a C7/C9/M16/M249 SAW 5.56x45mm round at point blank range).

Here are the top 5 longest sniper kills of all time
The world record sniper shot means that three of the top five longest confirmed kills were carried out by Canadian snipers. The top five are:

1.Canadian sniper in Iraq (2017): 3,450 meters.

2.British sniper Craig Harrison in Afghanistan (2009): 2,475 meters

3.Canadian sniper Rob Furlong in Afghanistan (2002): 2,430 meters

4.Canadian sniper Arron Perry in Afghanistan (2002): 2,310 meters

5.U.S. sniper Brian Kemer in Iraq (2004): 2,300 meters

For comparison, the legendary US Marine Gunnery Sgt. Carlos Hathcock 2,286 meters/1.420 miles shot of the Vietnam war. 
Gunnery Sgt. Hathcock had 300-400 kills in Vietnam with 91 of them confirmed.  He was nicknamed the "White Feather" as he kept a white feather in his bush cap band. He had a variant of the M21 called the Springfield Armory M25 "White Feather" rifle.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/canadian-elite-special-forces-sniper-sets-record-breaking-kill-shot-in-iraq/article35415651/

The sniper team is part of Canadas Special Operations Force(SOF) currently deployed to Iraq. We are tripling the number of SOP members to the area.

In early 2017 it was announced that 600-700 new SOF members were to be selected. 

Come home safe my Brothers and Sisters in Arms, but in the meantime, give 'em Hell!

"Facta Non Verba"

peace
Hog

Quote from: Hog on June 22, 2017, 10:11:49 AM
In Iraq, an unidentified Canadian sniper team took out a target from an elevated position at a range of 3450 meters/3377 yards/2.14 miles.

The bullet travel time was over 7 seconds, dropped about 180 meters/600 feet(in essence you would have to aim 180m/600ft high to compensate for gravity's effect pulling the bullet downwards. At 3450m/2.14 miles, the 0.50" caliber round still had 1400lb/ft of force.(more than a C7/C9/M16/M249 SAW 5.56x45mm round at point blank range).

The world record sniper shot means that three of the top five longest confirmed kills were carried out by Canadian snipers. The top five are:

For comparison, the legendary US Marine Gunnery Sgt. Carlos Hathcock 2,286 meters/1.420 miles shot of the Vietnam war. 
Gunnery Sgt. Hathcock had 300-400 kills in Vietnam with 91 of them confirmed.  He was nicknamed the "White Feather" as he kept a white feather in his bush cap band. He had a variant of the M21 called the Springfield Armory M25 "White Feather" rifle.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/canadian-elite-special-forces-sniper-sets-record-breaking-kill-shot-in-iraq/article35415651/

The sniper team is part of Canadas Special Operations Force(SOF) currently deployed to Iraq. We are tripling the number of SOP members to the area.

In early 2017 it was announced that 600-700 new SOF members were to be selected. 

Come home safe my Brothers and Sisters in Arms, but in the meantime, give 'em Hell!

"Facta Non Verba"

peace
Hog

Yeah, I posted about it in another thread.  He's a hell of a shot. Some of you Canucks are great chaps.  Thanks for your additional comments. :D ;)

Peace,

albrecht

That is amazing. Great job and a credit to our neighbors in the Great White North.

Any time sniping comes up I have to post about this guy. With iron sites in winter. He would chew snow so his breathe would not be noticed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

CozyRozie

Quote from: Hog on June 22, 2017, 10:11:49 AM

"Facta Non Verba"

peace
Hog

..meanwhile in America

"Canadian man arrested after police officer stabbed in Michigan airport"
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/canadian-detained-after-a-police-officer-was-stabbed-in-us-reports/article35413041/

*A Canadian, who told police he hates the United States, is accused of stabbing a police officer in the neck at a Michigan airport.
Amor Ftouhi, 49, who the FBI described as a Canadian citizen who crossed into the United States from Quebec on Friday, was under arrest Wednesday and facing a charge of causing violence against a person with a weapon at an international airport.
Special Agent David Gelios of the FBI said the agency is investigating the attack as an act of terrorism and more charges may follow.*

Hog

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 22, 2017, 10:15:52 AM
Yeah, I posted about it in another thread.  He's a hell of a shot. Some of you Canucks are great chaps.  Thanks for your additional comments. :D ;)

Peace,

Oops, sorry aboot that.  I just came and posted without doing my daily read first. I'll try and find your post.
I feel the same way about you Americans(I'm assuming you are from the great country to my South.(well actually the USA is to my East, South, West and North- I could get in my truck and find a CAN/USA border in all 4 directions.)
I know there is a lot of anti CAN and anti-USA sentiments cast on Bellgab, and while we seem to focus on the differences, IMO there are far more similarities and that's a good thing.
I'll do you one better, I'd say MOST of you Yanks, are really great people.

I'd like to think that we are the "better" neighbor?  I'm sure opinions will vary.

peace
Hog

Hog

Quote from: albrecht on June 22, 2017, 10:24:09 AM
That is amazing. Great job and a credit to our neighbors in the Great White North.

Any time sniping comes up I have to post about this guy. With iron sites in winter. He would chew snow so his breathe would not be noticed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4
Wow, iron sites, and eating snow to keep his breath concealed.  That is hard core.  I had never heard of that fellow, thanks for the link.  Its nice to see that he got to live a good long life.  I hope he was able to enjoy them with relative peace. A job needed to be done, he did his well.

peace
Hog

Hog

Quote from: CozyRozie on June 22, 2017, 10:34:30 AM
..meanwhile in America

"Canadian man arrested after police officer stabbed in Michigan airport"
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/canadian-detained-after-a-police-officer-was-stabbed-in-us-reports/article35413041/

*A Canadian, who told police he hates the United States, is accused of stabbing a police officer in the neck at a Michigan airport.
Amor Ftouhi, 49, who the FBI described as a Canadian citizen who crossed into the United States from Quebec on Friday, was under arrest Wednesday and facing a charge of causing violence against a person with a weapon at an international airport.
Special Agent David Gelios of the FBI said the agency is investigating the attack as an act of terrorism and more charges may follow.*
I'm glad, they got the scumbag, and I hope that the officer comes out the best that he can.

Just before Christmas 2016 Canadian Ronald Smith was executed at the Alabama Holman Correction Facility for the November 8, 1994 shooting death of Huntsville store clerk Casey Wilson.  This was the Alabamas 2nd execution of 2016 and the last execution in the United States for 2016. He is one of 6 Canadians to face the death penalty in the USA.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/killer-ronald-bert-smith-jr-heaved-and-coughed-during-death-by-lethal-injection/news-story/2a89a27bd218ff3ab88a5eb1507488a4

peace
Hog