• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Is Bellgab Forum Dying?

Started by damon, February 05, 2017, 06:27:57 PM

damon

Hello Everyone. I hope that everyone is doing well.  I just wanted to know if everyone agrees or disagrees about if Bellgab is dying.

The reason that I am saying this is because this forum just does not have the magic anymore. For example, We have a lot of posters not posting here anymore. Art Bell is retired, George Noory is still the host of Coast and he still sucks, Heather Wade is no Art Bell, Richard C Hoagland is in his 19.5 little world, The Gabcast and the other shows on ufoship are old with no new shows expect the General's show. I do know that many of us have lives, families, work and in falkie's case bitching about us in his youtube videos. Is MV going to shut down Bellgab? Is MV just going to stop paying for the server in which this forum is on? What is going on here? This forum was the place to be when i first logged in as "Ninja bobcat and ThunderBird" back in Dec of 2012. Yes for the people who are wondering, Ninja Bobcat and ThunderBird were my first two user names here on bellgab but at that time this forum was know as coastgab. I just wanted to know what everyone is thinking about this topic.

I hope that everyone is enjoying the superbowl. 

Luka Megurine

Quote from: Damon on February 05, 2017, 06:27:57 PM
Hello Everyone. I hope that everyone is doing well.  I just wanted to know if everyone agrees or disagrees about if Bellgab is dying.

The reason that I am saying this is because this forum just does not have the magic anymore. For example, We have a lot of posters not posting here anymore. Art Bell is retired, George Noory is still the host of Coast and he still sucks, Heather Wade is no Art Bell, Richard C Hoagland is in his 19.5 little world, The Gabcast and the other shows on ufoship are old with no new shows expect the General's show. I do know that many of us have lives, families, work and in falkie's case bitching about us in his youtube videos. Is MV going to shut down Bellgab? Is MV just going to stop paying for the server in which this forum is on? What is going on here? This forum was the place to be when i first logged in as "Ninja bobcat and ThunderBird" back in Dec of 2012. Yes for the people who are wondering, Ninja Bobcat and ThunderBird were my first two user names here on bellgab but at that time this forum was know as coastgab. I just wanted to know what everyone is thinking about this topic.

MV was talking about this on end of days radio not that long ago he said the forum is doing well, so well in fact he will be adding a Nippon sub-forum desu~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDeqEOvAPNw

Juan

The forum shut down on Dec. 31,2012.

zeebo

Ah bellgab's been dying for years and still going strong.

whoozit

Rumors of BellGab's death have been greatly exaggerated.

Ciardelo

It's too crowded, nobody ever goes there.

NXOEED

Probably not. Looks pretty active to me. The Art Bell parts of it may not be as active as they used to, but there's still shit to read and talk about. And to be honest, I'm not sure I want to find myself in a position where I'm ever excited about the possibility of another Art Bell comeback again. He came back twice already. They were fun and exciting times. I'm not mad that he went away, but I'm not sure I've got it in me to hope for another one. If he doesn't come back, or even post on the forum, I'm okay with it.

It's far more interesting to me that this place has become kind of a fan site for old dudes opening their groceries on Youtube. That's kind of a unique thing to be a fan of. To be honest, I don't quite understand it, but I'm certainly a fan of their fans. And it appears to be a much more reliable form of entertainment than sitting around hoping there might be a slight possibility that a paranormal radio host we all liked in the nineties could come back and say two or three words (if we're good).

ShayP

BellGab dying!?  One of MV's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant message board of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die.  If you wanna get out alive...order some golf shoes.  It's impossible to get out of this muck.  There's no footing at all.  :D

Quote from: ShayP on February 06, 2017, 05:12:17 PM
BellGab dying!?  One of MV's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant message board of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die.  If you wanna get out alive...order some golf shoes.  It's impossible to get out of this muck.  There's no footing at all.  :D

OMG is that funny!   

QuoteLet's get down to brass tacks.   How much for the ape?

Ciardelo

YOU ARE AMAZEBALLZ! Top right, my friend. Cheers!

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 06, 2017, 05:40:38 PM
YOU ARE AMAZEBALLZ! Top right, my friend. Cheers!

So let it be written.......  So let it be done!

zeebo

See that's what happens, this place is on its heels, ready to collapse, one step from doom ... and then some smart-ass prankster keeps it going by making some top-right-worthy comment, and now we're all still friggin' stuck here.

SciFiAuthor

I ordered some golf shoes and I'm still here! What the hell am I gonna do with golf shoes?

akwilly

I'm sure you don't mean those pussified soft spikes either. Congrats on top right!

Quote from: zeebo on February 07, 2017, 12:32:10 AM
See that's what happens, this place is on its heels, ready to collapse, one step from doom ... and then some smart-ass prankster keeps it going by making some top-right-worthy comment, and now we're all still friggin' stuck here.

Funny you should mention that, because I just told a BG friend who's been on hiatus for awhile, that BellGab somehow manages to persist in one form or another, and right now seems to be on the cusp of becoming the internet forum equivalent of the Andromeda virus by constantly mutating into different forms, some highly toxic, some harmless, in a way that's impossible to predict. That's why I stick around. Cheers, zeebo!

Nobody

If you wanna get out alive...order some golf shoes. 

Tasselled or untasselled?

Quote from: zeebo on February 07, 2017, 12:32:10 AM
;D
That black hole known as Bellgab, once you cross the event horizon by making your first post, you're stuck for life.  ;)    ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Damon on February 05, 2017, 06:27:57 PM

Just add a John Gray Sucks Page.

jazmunda

BellGab cannot die until it gets endorsed by Ed Dames.

starrmtn001

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on February 07, 2017, 03:28:20 AM
;D
That black hole known as Bellgab, once you cross the event horizon by making your first post, you're stuck for life.  ;)    ;D ;D ;D
AKA: Hotel California. :o ;D :-*

ItsOver

Bellgab dying?  Hell, it's been dead since the first poster signed-on, just like the first poster.  And just like the rest of us.

jazmunda

Quote from: ItsOver on February 07, 2017, 06:17:48 PM
Bellgab dying?  Hell, it's been dead since the first poster signed-on, just like the first poster.  And just like the rest of us.

I wonder how much time surpassed between MV's first "hello world" post on GeorgeNoorySucks.com until the first reply and was he on tenterhooks the whole time. What if no one had replied?

ItsOver

Quote from: 💩 on February 07, 2017, 06:27:42 PM
I wonder how much time surpassed between MV's first "hello world" post on GeorgeNoorySucks.com until the first reply and was he on tenterhooks the whole time. What if no one had replied?
MV has "all the time in the world." 

ItsOver

Since we're all "residents" now of BellGab, I must confess I've had this sinking feeling for a long time that we didn't end up in "the good place."

jazmunda

Quote from: ItsOver on February 07, 2017, 06:41:59 PM
Since we're all "residents" now of BellGab, I must confess I've had this sinking feeling for a long time that we didn't end up in "the good place."

I agree.

Dateline

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 07, 2017, 12:44:43 AM
I ordered some golf shoes and I'm still here! What the hell am I gonna do with golf shoes?

I ordered some new hiking boots, cause the trails moving forward.  For the Falkie condition thread, I dress in my deep waders.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dateline on February 07, 2017, 07:24:16 PM
I ordered some new hiking boots, cause the trails moving forward.  For the Falkie condition thread, I dress in my deep waders.
I wear a hazmat suit. ;D