• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Ongoing Climate and Weather Debate including General Weather News

Started by 21st Century Man, October 22, 2016, 12:36:08 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 20, 2016, 11:50:01 AM
Sahara snow- first in 37 years.

I'm really surprised you hadn't picked up on this:

Arctic heatwave could break records - www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-38417198

Temperatures at the North Pole could be upto 20 degrees higher than average this Christmas Eve, in what scientists say is a record-breaking heatwave.

Climate scientists say these unseasonably warm weather patterns in the Arctic region are directly linked to man-made climate change.

It follows a summer during which Arctic sea ice reached the second-lowest extent ever recorded by satellites.

Dr Friederike Otto, a senior researcher at Oxford's Environmental Change Institute toldBBC News that in pre-industrial times "a heatwave like this would have been extremely rare - we would expect it to occur about every 1,000 years".

Dr Otto added that scientists are "very confident" that the weather patterns were linked to anthropogenic climate change.

"We have used several different climate modelling approaches and observations," she told BBC News.

"And in all our methods, we find the same thing; we cannot model a heatwave like this without the anthropogenic signal."

Still; what would she know?

Jackstar

QuoteAsked if the conditions on Christmas Eve were likely to affect Santa's all-important journey, Dr Markus said he was confident that his sled would cope with the conditions.
He added: "Santa is most likely overdressed though. Maybe in the future we'll see him in a light jacket or plastic mac."

Seems legit.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 25, 2016, 10:47:00 AM
I'm really surprised you hadn't picked up on this:

Arctic heatwave could break records - www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-38417198

Still; what would she know?

I would point out that we don't know what the temperatures were before the little ice age in the middle ages.  We just know that it was warmer. The Arctic was warmer then as well.  The question is how warm and how do the current temps correlate with that period.

If I had known about this story, I would have posted it as I like to be fair and balanced.  As it is, it is 72 degrees here in Atlanta which is very, very warm indeed for Christmas day.  Not unheard of but one of the warmest Christmases that I can remember.  It is rather warm in Alaska too with temps in the single digits F.

Meanwhile, it is frigid in Russia today with -60 degrees F common in many places.  I do thank you for posting the story though.

97%?  LOL.   Yeah right.  The Climate Scientists Who Are Coming Out of The Cold.

In the world of climate science, the skeptics are coming in from the cold.

Researchers who see global warming as something less than a planet-ending calamity believe the incoming Trump administration may allow their views to be developed and heard. This didn’t happen under the Obama administration, which denied that a debate even existed. Now, some scientists say, a more inclusive approach â€" and the billions of federal dollars that might support it â€" could be in the offing.

“Here’s to hoping the Age of Trump will herald the demise of climate change dogma, and acceptance of a broader range of perspectives in climate science and our policy options,” Georgia Tech scientist Judith Curry wrote this month at her popular Climate Etc. blog.

William Happer, professor emeritus of physics at Princeton University and a member of the National Academy of Sciences, is similarly optimistic. “I think we’re making progress,” Happer said. “I see reassuring signs.”

Despite harsh criticism of their contrarian views, a few scientists like Happer and Curry have pointed to evidence that global warming is less pronounced than predicted. They have also argued that this slighter warming would bring positive developments along with problems. For the first time in years, skeptics believe they can find a path out of the wilderness into which they’ve been cast by the “scientific consensus.” As much as they desire a more open-minded reception by their colleagues, they are hoping even more that the spigot of government research funding â€" which dwarfs all other sources â€" will trickle their way.

More at...

http://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2016/12/31/skeptical_climate_scientists_coming_in_from_the_cold.html

Quote from: Juan on January 03, 2017, 02:39:19 PM
Racist

lol.  OMG, you're right, I am.  Time to self-flagellate myself.  :-[ Now where did I put my whip?

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 03, 2017, 10:01:22 AM
Arctic Sea Ice The Same Thickness As 1940

http://realclimatescience.com/2017/01/arctic-sea-ice-the-same-thickness-as-1940/

This seems a lot like saying, "I get laid in my 40s exactly as much as I got laid in my 20s, on a year-by-year basis."

Might be true, but is certainly irrelevant.

Winter Storm Warning for my part of the country.  I'm in the path of highest precipitation.  4-6 inches with some totals possibly higher. Starting tomorrow.  Woo-hoo!!!!

Jackstar

QuoteOne “sneak preview” of the new article that is HIGHLY significant is it is POURING rain in California right now. We are experiencing something they are calling an “Atmospheric River,” and are in the second of what will probably be four waves.

Mainstream media sources are already saying that the drought will be greatly reduced, if not eliminated by this one series of events.

This may have been the result of benevolent weather manipulation. The “polar vortex” that descended over all of America may well have created an energetic low-pressure zone that allowed the users of this technology to laser in this “atmospheric river” to just where it was desired.

I am not speaking in technical terms as no officially-recognized terms yet exist for torsion / scalar technology, which is what they are using to mess with the weather. I go into this science extensively in The Source Field Investigations, which is highly recommended.

I have watched California drying and dying every year since about 2010, definitely by 2011. The meterologists even called the weather system a “Ridiculously Resilient Ridge,” since every single time a storm tried to come in it was blocked by the same zone off the coast of California.

Every time there was a possibility of how the temperatures could go, the most pessimistic and horrible estimate was correct. We had vastly more heat than we should and it even was spiking into the high 80s in February, which was totally wrong and bizarre.

This was an attack against all of America. The hope was to depopulate the planet and punish America in particular for its work to rebel against the Cabal. No water means no crops, which means no food, which means mass starvation.

http://benjaminfulford.net/2017/01/09/countdown-to-the-new-age-begins-as-final-cabal-underground-bases-subdued/#comment-374591

I don't remember Edgar being this much of a cunt, honestly.

Pravda: “Scientists Now Warn Of A New Ice Age” As Temperature Plummets to â€" 80°F In Russia!
By P Gosselin on 10. January 2017

Some impressive winter events have been taking place all across the northern hemisphere lately. Especially eastern and southeastern Europe have been pounded by massive snowfalls and tremendously cold temperatures. Turkey has been buried by heavy snows and extreme temperatures have gripped the entire USA and vast areas of Russia.

The global warming climate appears to have been hacked by natural factors.

In Russia Moscow celebrated the coldest orthodox Christmas in 125 years.
Snowfall paralyzed the city of Istanbul, Turkey.
Massive snow falls across the Balkans, Italy and Greece.
Dozens of Europeans have since frozen to death.
Northern Albania villages have been cut off by 120 cm of snow.
A temperature of -62°C (-80°F) was recorded in Chanty-Mansijsk (Russia).
Arctic conditions spread deep into the Mediterranean

These are all odd events when considering the “consensus” forecasts made 15 years ago, which warned that snow and ice would become rare.

In fact many scientists warned that Mediterranean conditions would spread into northern Europe. Lately, however, just the opposite has happened: Arctic conditions have plunged down into the Mediterranean!

So in the face of all the earlier global warming predictions, it is now only ironic that yesterday the German-language Pravda TV site here published an article warning of an impending ice age. The article cites Yale scientist Wei Liu and a recent paper he published on the “overlooked possibility of a collapsed Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation“. Should the ocean heat conveyor collapse, then there would be “a prominent cooling over the northern North Atlantic and neighboring areas, sea ice increases over the Greenland-Iceland-Norwegian seas and to the south of Greenland.”

Note: Pravda is a rebel-type German site, and so could be viewed to be in the same category as climate alarmist sites. It offers an opposite view.

- See more at: http://notrickszone.com/2017/01/10/pravda-scientists-now-warn-of-a-new-ice-age-as-temperature-plummets-to-80f-in-russia/#sthash.K1JUryKZ.l0T4PQKp.dpuf

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 10, 2017, 11:49:16 AM
Pravda: “Scientists Now Warn Of A New Ice Age” As Temperature Plummets to â€" 80°F In Russia!
By P Gosselin on 10. January 2017

Some impressive winter events have been taking place all across the northern hemisphere lately. Especially eastern and southeastern Europe have been pounded by massive snowfalls and tremendously cold temperatures. Turkey has been buried by heavy snows and extreme temperatures have gripped the entire USA and vast areas of Russia.

The global warming climate appears to have been hacked by natural factors.

In Russia Moscow celebrated the coldest orthodox Christmas in 125 years.
Snowfall paralyzed the city of Istanbul, Turkey.
Massive snow falls across the Balkans, Italy and Greece.
Dozens of Europeans have since frozen to death.
Northern Albania villages have been cut off by 120 cm of snow.
A temperature of -62°C (-80°F) was recorded in Chanty-Mansijsk (Russia).
Arctic conditions spread deep into the Mediterranean

These are all odd events when considering the “consensus” forecasts made 15 years ago, which warned that snow and ice would become rare.

In fact many scientists warned that Mediterranean conditions would spread into northern Europe. Lately, however, just the opposite has happened: Arctic conditions have plunged down into the Mediterranean!

So in the face of all the earlier global warming predictions, it is now only ironic that yesterday the German-language Pravda TV site here published an article warning of an impending ice age. The article cites Yale scientist Wei Liu and a recent paper he published on the “overlooked possibility of a collapsed Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation“. Should the ocean heat conveyor collapse, then there would be “a prominent cooling over the northern North Atlantic and neighboring areas, sea ice increases over the Greenland-Iceland-Norwegian seas and to the south of Greenland.”

Note: Pravda is a rebel-type German site, and so could be viewed to be in the same category as climate alarmist sites. It offers an opposite view.

- See more at: http://notrickszone.com/2017/01/10/pravda-scientists-now-warn-of-a-new-ice-age-as-temperature-plummets-to-80f-in-russia/#sthash.K1JUryKZ.l0T4PQKp.dpuf

i think it's all  just a Skyrim weather mod gone viral.....  8)

Jackstar

Quote“Nobody can really control the weather.” It’s no accident that every major storm segment includes this psychological reinforcement of the false-reality. Ensuring that people believe that this endless stream of destructive flood events, bizarre snow events, etc., are “acts of Gods” and that no one or nothing other than “Mother Nature” is (or could possibly be) responsible, is as critical to the perpetuation of a half a century of manufactured weather, as the manufactured weather is. In fact the Today led with same clip of this ‘weather expert,’ that I’ve been seeing â€" all weekend.

Is it really so hard for people to believe that in 2017, industry can boil water? Is it really so hard to believe that in 2017, industry can boil water in sequence, from one structure, to the next? Is it really so hard for people to understand that doing this on a national scale, with buildings and equipment that exist for everyone to see (and that everyone can see in action), visibly adds massive amounts of water to storm systems that visibly falls in “flash floods” and bizarre snow storms, in parts of the South that have hardly ever even seen snow before?

Which is harder to believe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfTi0JPKhI0

Visually compelling images begin here.

albrecht

We had almost 80F degree day with mist and humidity and now are under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch and Tornado Warning with reports a county over of nickle-size hail and wind gusts at 60mph. Moving here. In January!

It has been around 70 here for the last few days.  Supposed to stay this way for another week.  Really weird because we had an ice storm 3 or 4 days before the 70 degree temps.  Not really unusual though, it happens every now and then going back 150 years.

Jackstar

It's been 20-40 degrees here for the last two weeks.

I live directly beneath the "atmospheric river" that's been hydrating California.

You're welcome.

=Schlyder=

in the last week here, it was down to -32c,  and next week it is forecast to be around 3c to 5c 

This occurs occasionally during winters.  The natives called it a Chinook.  ..meaning "snow eater".

Jackstar

QuoteThe chem trails are used as a doping agent to turn air (which is a semiconductor) into what is effectively a giant transistor, which when biased by converging radio transmissions (which when they cancel due to correct phasing) drop an electric charge into the chem trail doped atmosphere, and this causes a several orders of magnitude greater electrical flow to be tapped out of the ionosphere and cause atmospheric heating. That is what weather mod is based around. There is a detailed explanation of this in my several years old HAARP report To witness converging radio waves being visibly converted into electricity all you need to do is put aluminum foil in your microwave. The sparks are the re-conversion of the radio waves back into electricity when they reflect off the aluminum foil and collide with incoming waves. Good way to wreck a microwave oven. The ground based transmitters do exactly the same thing but at energy levels diffuse enough to not be observed as sparks, and this provides the "bias path" for a much greater electrical cascade from the ionosphere.

To understand this, you have to know how transistors work, what the silicon is doped with to make it into a transistor, the bias path, the power supply path, etc. It is fairly simple, but quite a lot to understand if you don't have an electronics background.

I don't think it works this way. But I thought it belonged, pasted here regardless.