• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Why did Art Bell pick Heather Wade?

Started by Dwindling Stacks, October 17, 2016, 09:35:48 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 20, 2016, 03:15:46 PM
As you would, no doubt, number me among the back-pedalers (note the correct spelling) you assail with such winning delicacy, let me offer some justification:

I have the same questions you guys do about the stalker, but no evidence has emerged showing Art lied about it.  It's fun to satirize, but the worst you can say is that he used the death threats (not an uncommon feature of celebrity life) to abandon the show for reasons of expediency.

I have no complaint about Heather's accession, which also appears to have been a matter of expediency, other than that, in order to listen to Art's product, I have to cultivate the same delight in incompetence with which I listened to Noory for years.  I'm glad she's there as an alternative, and stuff like the last-ever GIS show on 10/28 she promoted last night promises to be entertaining.

Her failure to develop her scant talent for broadcasting has been disappointing, but I won't apologize for the great mountain of hopeful thoughts I nurtured at the start, which has been gradually eroded over the intervening months.  In light of this, Art's decision to appoint an obsessed fan who made no secret of her desire for a radio show as producer comes under scrutiny, and I'm interested in how that came about.

As for back-pedaling, I would be more inclined to accept the criticism if you guys showed any enthusiasm for anything, at all, ever, other than rejoicing that the nay-sayers are proved right once again.  I am not yet old or bitter enough.

Some fair points, and maybe I'm just a gut feeling kinda bloke, but I know the stalker story was false. Completely (albeit elaborately) fabricated load of tosh. It has so many holes, the story makes a gouda cheese look like kevlar.

As for HW being annointed to be at her master's doing, well, she only had to simper, gush and arse lick enough times and with the help of her gender, looks and being fucked out of her head a lot of the time, she had it presented on a plate. AB, being the consummate narcissist let her take the flack from him (only that didn't go to plan) as he lapped up the existing praise with an empty heart, devoid of gratitude to those who had requested/ cajoled/ begged him to return after yet another tantrum, when his toys weren't lined up just right. Instead of just lettng his ego have a break, put on his slippers, pour a scotch and declare he didn't want to do it again, but thanks for asking. No. He invented, or someone else did, a farce about a stalker!

He left leaving her to take the reins. However, the plate needs a decent meal on it, and HW could only chuck together a curled up cheese sandwich. This is aside from the vile things she said about Noory, but oddly neglected to mention again when asked to appear as a guest on his show, where he showed her how to use dignity as a weapon against her previous insults.
They deserve each other. I feel sorry for his wife and daughter.

trostol

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 20, 2016, 03:15:46 PM
As you would, no doubt, number me among the back-pedalers (note the correct spelling) you assail with such winning delicacy, let me offer some justification:

I have the same questions you guys do about the stalker, but no evidence has emerged showing Art lied about it.  It's fun to satirize, but the worst you can say is that he used the death threats (not an uncommon feature of celebrity life) to abandon the show for reasons of expediency.

I have no complaint about Heather's accession, which also appears to have been a matter of expediency, other than that, in order to listen to Art's product, I have to cultivate the same delight in incompetence with which I listened to Noory for years.  I'm glad she's there as an alternative, and stuff like the last-ever GIS show on 10/28 she promoted last night promises to be entertaining.

Her failure to develop her scant talent for broadcasting has been disappointing, but I won't apologize for the great mountain of hopeful thoughts I nurtured at the start, which has been gradually eroded over the intervening months.  In light of this, Art's decision to appoint an obsessed fan who made no secret of her desire for a radio show as producer comes under scrutiny, and I'm interested in how that came about.

As for back-pedaling, I would be more inclined to accept the criticism if you guys showed any enthusiasm for anything, at all, ever, other than rejoicing that the nay-sayers are proved right once again.  I am not yet old or bitter enough.

there is also no real evidence that it occurred either..just his word

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 20, 2016, 03:52:43 PM
Some fair points, and maybe I'm just a gut feeling kinda bloke, but I know the stalker story was false. Completely (albeit elaborately) fabricated load of tosh. It has so many holes, the story makes a gouda cheese look like kevlar.

As for HW being annointed to be at her master's doing, well, she only had to simper, gush and arse lick enough times and with the help of her gender, looks and being fucked out of her head a lot of the time, she had it presented on a plate. AB, being the consummate narcissist let her take the flack from him (only that didn't go to plan) as he lapped up the existing praise with an empty heart, devoid of gratitude to those who had requested/ cajoled/ begged him to return after yet another tantrum, when his toys weren't lined up just right. Instead of just lettng his ego have a break, put on his slippers, pour a scotch and declare he didn't want to do it again, but thanks for asking. No. He invented, or someone else did, a farce about a stalker!

He left leaving her to take the reins. However, the plate needs a decent meal on it, and HW could only chuck together a curled up cheese sandwich. This is aside from the vile things she said about Noory, but oddly neglected to mention again when asked to appear as a guest on his show, where he showed her how to use dignity as a weapon against her previous insults.

I don't dispute your analysis, but it may interest you to know that Heather also listens to her gut -- we were speculating on its particular tone last night.  I imagine yours to sound like the howling drone of bagpipes, but perhaps I am confusing you with your neighbors again.  Mine is silent on the matter, as it is on most things.

theONE

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 20, 2016, 03:52:43 PM

Not much sorry for her is really need it.
She knew very well what she is doing marring at age of 21 a 64 year old geezer [millionaire] I'm sure Art made that known to her
that he is a millionaire -so she can for sure fell in Love with him [I mean with his millions].

She is not the first and not last to do that..to marry American millionaire not because of Love but because of securing her future
...and now being able to send money to help her poor family in the obscure village in Philippines.
Ariyeane is a smart cookie -let's remember that ;) 

K_Dubb

Quote from: trostol on October 20, 2016, 04:03:46 PM
there is also no real evidence that it occurred either..just his word

Yeah, here I am using man-on-the-street rules:  if a guy tells me something happened in his back yard, I wasn't there to witness it, I have no evidence to the contrary, and it is within the realm of possibility, I am inclined to believe him, particularly when the experience causes him to abandon an endeavor in which he's sunk much time and $.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 20, 2016, 04:04:47 PM
I don't dispute your analysis, but it may interest you to know that Heather also listens to her gut -- we were speculating on its particular tone last night.  I imagine yours to sound like the howling drone of bagpipes, but perhaps I am confusing you with your neighbors again.  Mine is silent on the matter, as it is on most things.

You had to pick the one 'instrument' I loath. Other than a recorder.

Taking the silent but pseudo dignified stance doesn't work on BG.  A bit like American politics: you're either one (and completely) , or t'other. No room for compromise or a conciliatory position.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 20, 2016, 04:08:56 PM
Yeah, here I am using man-on-the-street rules:  if a guy tells me something happened in his back yard, I wasn't there to witness it, I have no evidence to the contrary, and it is within the realm of possibility, I am inclined to believe him, particularly when the experience causes him to abandon an endeavor in which he's sunk much time and $.

But not move his family from their home that is under threat and being fired at? Seriously?  Nor bring in any further security. The local plod found zero evidence.

theONE

If Art was doing that to set (Redacted) up so she doesn't have to suck dicks over the phone anymore -the time he spend on it is not that important
he was doing that for more 'romantic-erotic' reasons than just to help a friend,..as to the money that he sink into it
-tax write-off's are always welcomed opportunity if you have good smart accountant you can actually make money
on 'money loosing business' as I'm sure you are very well aware of it

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 20, 2016, 04:12:32 PM
You had to pick the one 'instrument' I loath. Other than a recorder.

Taking the silent but pseudo dignified stance doesn't work on BG.  A bit like American politics: you're either one (and completely) , or t'other. No room for compromise or a conciliatory position.

Hahaha the recorder is nearly as bad.  Neither can end without a horrifying drop in pitch that erases whatever dubious charms came before.

trostol

not calling you out on it..just going by what we have been told

the story changed..albeit slightly with each retelling, nothing was found at the scene and as was stated..he didn't think to move the family

in the end it was just a fishy situation ..i believe ...something happened..but maybe not to the extent the story that was told us

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 20, 2016, 04:14:57 PM

But not move his family from their home that is under threat and being fired at? Seriously?  Nor bring in any further security. The local plod found zero evidence.

All suggest the threat, or his assessment of it, was exaggerated to get out of an uncomfortable situation with the show.  The pressure from his wife he reported is likely real.  But it seems reasonable to stop short of accusing him of a false report.

ItsOver

An answer for the thread's question?  She was already the producer, was readily available, and he had the hots for her. 

K_Dubb

Quote from: trostol on October 20, 2016, 04:17:24 PM
not calling you out on it..just going by what we have been told

the story changed..albeit slightly with each retelling, nothing was found at the scene and as was stated..he didn't think to move the family

in the end it was just a fishy situation ..i believe ...something happened..but maybe not to the extent the story that was told us

Yeah, I'll buy that.  But those of you prepared to convict him of perjury, obstruction of justice, or lying to an officer or whatever don't belong on any jury, anywhere.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 20, 2016, 04:51:20 PM
Yeah, I'll buy that.  But those of you prepared to convict him of perjury, obstruction of justice, or lying to an officer or whatever don't belong on any jury, anywhere.

And if AB had been arrested and charged with wasting police time, he'd probably be let off with a caution the first time. I don't thnk he formulated the story however, but went along with it.

Incidentally I did jury service twice in my twenties; one particularly unpleasant case, a murder was deeply upsetting. We, the jury, were spat at by the convicted person's family as we left the building. I had the dubious honour of being the foreman. AB isn't going to court, nor should he. But he is a very troubled man.

ShayP

I don't know if you've been a juror before but unfortunately from my experience most of the people are of the ilk you described.  It's quite nauseating the degree of ignorance and apathy.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 20, 2016, 04:58:40 PM
Incidentally I did jury service twice in my twenties; one particularly unpleasant case, a murder was deeply upsetting. We, the jury, were spat at by the convicted person's family as we left the building. I had the dubious honour of being the foreman.

Regarding jury duty, I had a similar instance during a case.  Like you I was the foreman.  Fortunately we were not spat at, but I will never forget the scene in the courtroom.  The stares from the family.  The glare from the defendant.  Very unsettling to say the least.  I've been summoned 5 times in my life and I'm certain one is on the way.  It has been several years.  I will do my duty though.  I actually look forward to it.

Anyway....

Now back to the Art Bell talk!  Carry on.

K_Dubb

Quote from: ShayP on October 20, 2016, 05:14:40 PM
I don't know if you've been a juror before but unfortunately from my experience most of the people are of the ilk you described.  It's quite nauseating the degree of ignorance and apathy.

Hahaha I am imagining you providing a running commentary on the proceedings like the old Muppet gentlemen in your picture.

trostol

not me..lol i jus didn't think the story added up...like i said..i believe something happened..but maybe not like we were told..but indeed there were those ready to lynch lol

ItsOver

K_Dubb

Quote from: trostol on October 20, 2016, 05:35:06 PM
not me..lol i jus didn't think the story added up...like i said..i believe something happened..but maybe not like we were told..but indeed there were those ready to lynch lol

Yes, and to accuse those of us who believed him, however cautiously, of hero worship for affording him the kind of decent consideration we would our neighbors.

It's been educational to watch how people's complaints against Art, from hiring Heather to the Sirius thing to his family stuff, were largely suppressed as long as he was merrily tap-dancing away for us, only to burst forth once disappointment set in.  I think I understand his ambiguous relationship with his fans a little better.

Robert

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 17, 2016, 10:34:06 PMHe said as much in the last Bellphiles. There was no other option, it's either Heather or the show dies.
Not enough explanation.  That gets you from where she was the producer to when she became the emcee.  However, it's been explained here that she had been co-host in a test program they did, and that it'd been Art's idea to keep her on air for MITD.

onan

Quote from: Robert on October 20, 2016, 06:01:00 PM
Not enough explanation.  That gets you from where she was the producer to when she became the emcee.  However, it's been explained here that she had been co-host in a test program they did, and that it'd been Art's idea to keep her on air for MITD.

Life is full of disappointments.

trostol

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 20, 2016, 05:47:05 PM
Yes, and to accuse those of us who believed him, however cautiously, of hero worship for affording him the kind of decent consideration we would our neighbors.

It's been educational to watch how people's complaints against Art, from hiring Heather to the Sirius thing to his family stuff, were largely suppressed as long as he was merrily tap-dancing away for us, only to burst forth once disappointment set in.  I think I understand his ambiguous relationship with his fans a little better.

there was a whole lot of ..partly comedic mudslinging around that time lol

theONE

I'm 99.99% convinced that Art Bell lied to us about this whole shtick with (Redacted)+MITD+stalker.

Let's hope that Art will have /functioning/ balls and confesses about Ramona and all this MITD CIRCUS on his death bed
or leaves a written statement and tells the whole truth...so his transition to the other side can be soft and gentle,..otherwise
he will be troubled soul also after death as he is now...

[attachment deleted by admin]

GravitySucks

Quote from: Robert on October 20, 2016, 06:01:00 PM

Did you ever listen to the interview she did with him before MITD went in the air?

K_Dubb

Is that the dreaded clarinet of doom, which summons all before the throne?

theONE