• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Heather Wade to appear on C2C on August 7 to give an update on Art

Started by Sarah, August 03, 2016, 02:01:07 AM

Sarah

I heard this rumor on Reddit and I was wondering if anyone can confirm it?

Also, does anyone know or want to speculate on what the update may be?

I found it odd that Heather Wade would do that, given she has a bad history with Noory and she has her own show to make announcements on...

trostol

Quote from: Sarah on August 03, 2016, 02:01:07 AM

I found it odd that Heather Wade would do that, given she has a bad history with Noory and she has her own show to make announcements on...

supposedly this coming sunday...heard from her own mouth and supposedly about Art's health or something..and it is quite hypocritical in a way with how she bashed GN so much in the past

norland2424

Lilith

Quote from: trostol on August 03, 2016, 02:35:17 AM
supposedly this coming sunday...heard from her own mouth and supposedly about Art's health or something..and it is quite hypocritical in a way with how she bashed GN so much in the past

For sure.  Even Heather couldn't announce it without laughing.

Sarah

Quote from: brig on August 03, 2016, 03:15:13 AM

Thanks. I hadn't heard HW make that announcement before.

Hmmm, still seems suspicious... that C2C hosts shouldn't be responsible for making their own announcements...

norland2424

Quote from: Sarah on August 03, 2016, 03:36:42 AM
Thanks. I hadn't heard HW make that announcement before.

Hmmm, still seems suspicious... that C2C hosts shouldn't be responsible for making their own announcements...

she made the announcement on MITD not on coast

comaphobe

that is pretty strange. can somebody record the segment, i will probably still be at work if she is on too early. at any rate i wonder how that came aboot... who called who etc...

akwilly

Will she be a guest or is she just popping in for a minute or so?

PaulAtreides

Heather's out for an entire week?  Has she gone back to Hogwarts for a refresher course?

Quote from: PaulAtreides on August 03, 2016, 10:41:22 AM
Heather's out for an entire week?  Has she gone back to Hogwarts for a refresher course?

I was thinking Hogwarts too! 😂😂😂😂

ItsOver

She's at The Noory School for Submerging Broadcasters.  It's a Jorch-mandated requirement, prior to being accepted as a Noory-approved fill-in host and subservient ring-kisser.

Jorch failed the training but gave himself a waiver.  Lucky us.

cweb

So she's going to go on the show that Art grew to despise so much that he specifically created a competitor- and give an update on him- INSTEAD of giving an exclusive update on the show he's been trying so hard to promote since he left? Huh?

Maybe Coast bought out the Art + Heather fiasco and they've turned to the dark side.

Maybe Jorch is going to give her a segment called "Here's Heather" where she comes on and does a bit or something.

Or maybe it's all a troll?

Good luck on the big stage, Heather Church Wade...

Morgus

Interestingly - last night, Noory mentioned that he was now planning on having as a guest for a short segment once a month or so, one of the relatively unknown little internet podcast hosts.
Maybe Heather is the first one he has having on as a guest for a short segment this coming Sunday?

IMO, the two greatest possibilities:

1) Art Bell wants to announce something very important to the largest possible audience so he arranged her being on Coast for this single purpose (which can't possibly be a good thing, such as Art's health being in decline worse than we think).

2) Heather Wade will soon become a guest host on Coast and this is her way of getting her foot in the door for the massive audience who has probably never heard of her.  Bringing her on for the purpose of an "Art Bell Update" would certainly help her to gain support from old school Coast fans.  Also, remember Art Bell always said she was better than "the competition", so maybe he gave her his blessings to join Coast in an effort to fix the show while furthering her own career.

To support #1 I did notice Art made the following comment on his FB page, which really seems ominous:

Quote from: Art Bell FBBrian, it's going to be a long haul for me but I am better by some measure

trostol

pretty sure she couldn't get in there...and if so she would mangler old Dumbie's name

Robert

Quote from: creepygreenlight on August 03, 2016, 03:24:39 PMIMO, the two greatest possibilities:

1) Art Bell wants to announce something very important to the largest possible audience so he arranged her being on Coast for this single purpose (which can't possibly be a good thing, such as Art's health being in decline worse than we think).

2) Heather Wade will soon become a guest host on Coast and this is her way of getting her foot in the door for the massive audience who has probably never heard of her.  Bringing her on for the purpose of an "Art Bell Update" would certainly help her to gain support from old school Coast fans.  Also, remember Art Bell always said she was better than "the competition", so maybe he gave her his blessings to join Coast in an effort to fix the show while furthering her own career.
#2 would be swell, as long as she doesn't displace any Knapp gigs.  It would be great for her, having been a critic on a fan board like us, getting to meet the groundbreaker, then becoming his producer, then an emergency replacement, and springboarding into a job on the show that started it.  And if it means less Noory, not bad for us either.  She has her faults, but unless she becomes complacent, she'll never be as bad as Noory's been at it.  Besides, the phoners-in to her on C2C are less likely to be a meta-show the way they were on MITD.  (I haven't listened in recent months, unable to stream; is it less like an alternative GabCast than it was previously?)

However, I still see opp'ties for Noory to improve.  The topics have branched out more, maybe he'll find more that interest him so he's not mailing it in.
QuoteTo support #1 I did notice Art made the following comment on his FB page, which really seems ominous:
Ominous?  It implies he expects to still live a long time, but needs to get over this acute exacerbation.  COLD is progressive, but often has ups & downs, including susceptibility to things such as the pneumonia he's had.  You can live for years w COLD, & there's the chance of a lung transplant.  But it can also progress rapidly & produce irreversible heart changes.

ItsOver

Quote from: Robert on August 03, 2016, 06:25:19 PM
#2 would be swell, as long as she doesn't displace any Knapp gigs...
Eh, let's not even go there.  That would be the ultimate head slammer.  HW replaces George Knapp.  "Attention, passengers.  For your flight this evening, your previously scheduled pilot, a former test pilot and astronaut, has been replaced with "another."  Please buckle up and enjoy your flight."

Quote from: Morgus on August 03, 2016, 02:59:10 PM
Interestingly - last night, Noory mentioned that he was now planning on having as a guest for a short segment once a month or so, one of the relatively unknown little internet podcast hosts.
Maybe Heather is the first one he has having on as a guest for a short segment this coming Sunday?
I'd vote Malliard more than Heather on this

bateman

The newer internet shows and podcasts have siphoned a lot of the C2C audience over the years (combined with terrestrial radio's ever-decreasing relevance in general) so this is actually a clever play by George - not only does having these hosts on neutralize some potential competition, it feeds the smaller audiences back into the 'top' property in the genre.

Quote from: bateman on August 03, 2016, 07:45:16 PM
The newer internet shows and podcasts have siphoned a lot of the C2C audience over the years (combined with terrestrial radio's ever-decreasing relevance in general) so this is actually a clever play by George - not only does having these hosts on neutralize some potential competition, it feeds the smaller audiences back into the 'top' property in the genre.
Very clever indeed.........

... Also, does anyone know or want to speculate on what the update may be?...

Art needs attention, but from people he hasn't shit the bed with yet?

Quote from: brig on August 03, 2016, 03:15:13 AM

Does she say anything without the fake happy horseshit laugh anymore?  Art must be really taken in by it.

#2 would be swell, as long as she doesn't displace any Knapp gigs.  It would be great for her, having been a critic on a fan board like us, getting to meet the groundbreaker, then becoming his producer, then an emergency replacement, and springboarding into a job on the show that started it.  And if it means less Noory, not bad for us either.  She has her faults, but unless she becomes complacent, she'll never be as bad as Noory's been at it.  Besides, the phoners-in to her on C2C are less likely to be a meta-show the way they were on MITD.  (I haven't listened in recent months, unable to stream; is it less like an alternative GabCast than it was previously?)

However, I still see opp'ties for Noory to improve.  The topics have branched out more, maybe he'll find more that interest him so he's not mailing it in.Ominous?  It implies he expects to still live a long time, but needs to get over this acute exacerbation.  COLD is progressive, but often has ups & downs, including susceptibility to things such as the pneumonia he's had.  You can live for years w COLD, & there's the chance of a lung transplant.  But it can also progress rapidly & produce irreversible heart changes.

I can't see Heather replacing George Knapp; not in this lifetime.
IMHO, Noory; with all his faults, is a better broadcaster than Heather Wade.
C2C giving her a slot? Just as we here, and #dmtalk notice her inadequacies as a broadcaster; you think a larger audience won't?
They can't all be deaf, dumb, and blind.

cweb

#2 would be swell, as long as she doesn't displace any Knapp gigs.  It would be great for her, having been a critic on a fan board like us, getting to meet the groundbreaker, then becoming his producer, then an emergency replacement, and springboarding into a job on the show that started it.
Ok, I was with you up until the end of that sentence. It would be great except (to be honest) Heather is not that good of a host.

Yes, it's my opinion. I tried. Months later, I tried again. And yes, to each his own.

So that's where we differ.

Quote from: bateman on August 03, 2016, 07:45:16 PM
And Art/Heather fell for it. What does that say about their "plan?" I still maintain that some Coast hookup is in the works.

trostol

However, I still see opp'ties for Noory to improve.  The topics have branched out more, maybe he'll find more that interest him so he's not mailing it in.Ominous?  It implies he expects to still live a long time, but needs to get over this acute exacerbation.  COLD is progressive, but often has ups & downs, including susceptibility to things such as the pneumonia he's had.  You can live for years w COLD, & there's the chance of a lung transplant.  But it can also progress rapidly & produce irreversible heart changes.

problem also with 2 is
A. Noory will never get rid of Tommy as producer.
B. She really isn't that good as she often mispronounces key things and laughs and the wrong times and the laugh often feels..fake and forced.
C. She doesn't like this place any more ..nor does she really..acknowledge it as part of her..past we shall say..and D. there are many many in front of her to become the replacement host