• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What do you believe in?

Started by ninjashoes, January 06, 2017, 12:04:57 AM

paladin1991

I believe I will have another drink

Jojo

I believe human souls are only in Hell long enough to atone for their sins.  Then they are destroyed for eternity.

Fourteen

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 19, 2018, 03:56:44 AM
I believe human souls are only in Hell long enough to atone for their sins.  Then they are destroyed for eternity.

Fourteen
Huh... :o

So what do you base that belief on?

starramus

I am a materialist. I only believe in what I can experience with my five senses. A disinformation campaign exists to keep you lost in a world of nonsense. You might strive for a better world, if this campaign did not exist. Religion, the tabloids, Art Bell's program are designed to keep you in ambiguity, and confusion. You are captives of a system that will oppress, and exploit you as long as you allow it. Revolution is just a step away. Take that step!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: starramus on June 19, 2018, 09:02:24 AM
I am a materialist. I only believe in what I can experience with my five senses. A disinformation campaign exists to keep you lost in a world of nonsense. You might strive for a better world, if this campaign did not exist. Religion, the tabloids, Art Bell's program are designed to keep you in ambiguity, and confusion. You are captives of a system that will oppress, and exploit you as long as you allow it. Revolution is just a step away. Take that step!

Not until you clear up the ambiguity and confusion.

Metron2267

Quote from: starramus on June 19, 2018, 09:02:24 AM

Piss up a rope. >:(

NXOEED

My beliefs seem to change every four or five years, but I guess I never take anything seriously enough to put it into practice. I guess I'm suspicious of beliefs and worldviews in general because I don't believe people are the sum total of their views. Views almost meaningless when it comes down to what actually matters. I've met staunch moralists (both left and right) who turned out to be monsters, and completely amoral human beings who end up being some of the kindest people I've ever met.

I guess a person saying they believe in something tells me almost nothing about who they actually are. 

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 19, 2018, 09:11:38 AM
Not until you clear up the ambiguity and confusion.
The senses are easily tricked and can be misleading in their own right.  Scientists are already extracting thought from brains, so you can figure that if they can take thoughts out, they can put them in.  Verbal thoughts.  Visual thoughts. 

As far as hearing, the online articles are gone, but voice-to-skull was debuted publicly on the East Coast years ago, so ears are not necessarily any more reliable than visions.

Touch, smell and taste can't be far behind, in manipulations.

People who have hallucinations, whether as a medication side effect or mental illness, should realize their senses are tricking them.

Fourteen

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 19, 2018, 03:40:04 PM

People who have hallucinations, whether as a medication side effect or mental illness, should realize their senses are tricking them.

Fourteen

But if they did they wouldn't be having hallucinations in the first place. ::)

They'd be "tripping". :-\

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 19, 2018, 03:44:21 PM
But if they did they wouldn't be having hallucinations in the first place. ::)

They'd be "tripping". :-\
Most of the time, yeah.  The weird thing is they can be a medication side effect.  I used to work for a man like that.

https://healthyliving.azcentral.com/prescription-drugs-that-can-cause-hallucinations-12212355.html

Forever Fourteen

Quote from: 14 on June 14, 2018, 03:31:38 AM
As far as that book goes, I don't think I would recommend it to anyone. 

Yes, I already know I prefer Google to Bing, but this isn't my computer.

If no one really likes my new outfit, why don't you show me a few styles that people (the male people) like, and I'll see what I can do.  Please, please, please tell me what you want me to wear, Jackstar.  It's important.  I get my allowance on Friday and I promise to get a new outfit that will make you happy!  ::)

Fourteen

Try these instead:

https://searx.me/

https://www.startpage.com/

https://duckduckgo.com/