• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Lilith

Does anybody remember who came up with the idea of calling Dave "Mr WinWin"?

Quote from: brig on October 22, 2018, 03:14:20 PM

sean?

Corona Kitty

Quote from: brig on October 22, 2018, 03:14:20 PM

That's an excellent question, inquiring minds must know.

Lilith

Quote from: Richard Groyper on October 22, 2018, 03:15:09 PM
sean?

Was is sean?  What was the story behind that, do you remember?  I mean, what show host would want to be known as "Mr. WinWin"?

aldousburbank

This place is a cesspool. But it's our cesspool.
Carry on!

Metron2267

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on October 22, 2018, 02:43:26 PM
Seems like it's only boomers are into it.

Where do you infer that from?

https://www.livescience.com/16748-americans-beliefs-paranormal-infographic.html
As for who believes, a small study published in the Skeptical Inquirer magazine in 2006 showed that seniors and grad students were more likely than freshmen to believe in haunted houses, psychics, telepathy, channeling and a host of other questionable ideas. So higher education seems to lend itself to belief in the supernatural. In additon, Gallup Poll in 2001 found younger Americans far more likely to believe in the paranormal than older respondents. A 2009 Pew Research Center survey revealed that about half of Catholics and black Protestants believed in or had experienced at least two of a list of supernatural phenomenon. The list included: belief in reincarnation, belief in spiritual energy located in physical things, belief in yoga as spiritual practice, belief in the "evil eye," belief in astrology, having been in touch with the dead, consulting a psychic, or experiencing a ghostly encounter.

QuoteI dont know anyone that gives a fuck about the (((paranormal))) It was invented to sell books and make movies.

Madam Blavatsky begs to differ...

QuoteMillennials are smarter than boomers?

Smart enough to cut their costs and leverage the cellar!

;)

Lilith

Quote from: username on October 22, 2018, 03:15:24 PM
That's an excellent question, inquiring minds must know.

Yeah, I must have missed the back story to that.  Maybe it was after I went over to the Heather Wade thread.

Quote from: brig on October 22, 2018, 03:16:56 PM
Was is sean?  What was the story behind that, do you remember?  I mean, what show host would want to be known as "Mr. WinWin"?

LOL! im pretty sure it was sean.

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on October 22, 2018, 02:52:44 PM
I'll allow it.

Sorry, but Tidepods really beg for parentheses.. :o

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 22, 2018, 03:17:28 PM
Carry on!

we are all lovable turds in our own ways.

Lilith

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 22, 2018, 03:19:14 PM
Where do you infer that from?

https://www.livescience.com/16748-americans-beliefs-paranormal-infographic.html
As for who believes, a small study published in the Skeptical Inquirer magazine in 2006 showed that seniors and grad students were more likely than freshmen to believe in haunted houses, psychics, telepathy, channeling and a host of other questionable ideas. So higher education seems to lend itself to belief in the supernatural. In additon, Gallup Poll in 2001 found younger Americans far more likely to believe in the paranormal than older respondents. A 2009 Pew Research Center survey revealed that about half of Catholics and black Protestants believed in or had experienced at least two of a list of supernatural phenomenon. The list included: belief in reincarnation, belief in spiritual energy located in physical things, belief in yoga as spiritual practice, belief in the "evil eye," belief in astrology, having been in touch with the dead, consulting a psychic, or experiencing a ghostly encounter.

Smart enough to cut their costs and leverage the cellar!

;)

I wonder what the responses would be like in a magazine more targeted toward Millennials?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Richard Groyper on October 22, 2018, 10:43:45 AM
thank you, my friend. unfortunately, there is an uncomfortable amount of truth to my post.

Indeed! :D

Metron2267

Quote from: brig on October 22, 2018, 03:23:18 PM
I wonder what the responses would be like in a magazine more targeted toward Millennials?

I don't think millenials do magazines - kind old school as a medium.

But:

https://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/why_are_millennials_turning_to_astrology

Despite overwhelming evidence that astrology is based on a pseudoscientific theory and is not a reliable measure of personalityâ€"much less a crystal ball into the futureâ€"this ancient form of divination has not diminished in popularity. Indeed Julie Beck (2018) writing in the Atlantic suggests that we are experiencing a boom in astrology among Millennials driven by diminished stigma and marketing on the internet.

http://blogs.thearda.com/trend/featured/paranormal-is-the-new-normal-in-america/
The parade of paranormal entertainment filling American screens â€" from the movie “Paranormal Activity 2” to television shows such as “Ghost Hunters,” “Psychic Investigators” and “Paranormal State” â€" is meeting an intense interest in otherworldly experiences, new research shows.

More than two-thirds of Americans have paranormal beliefs, sociologists Christopher Bader and F. Carson Mencken of Baylor University and Joseph Baker of East Tennessee State University report in their new book “Paranormal America” from New York University Press.

And the interest is only expected to increase, scholars say, with the growth of immigrant populations more open to paranormal beliefs.

Not everyone is interested. Those with no religious beliefs, Jewish people  and the most committed Christians are among the least likely to believe in UFOs or psychics or Bigfoot.
The average American holds slightly more than two paranormal beliefs, report Bader, Mencken and Baker.

“Statistically, those who report a paranormal belief are not the oddballs,” the researchers said.

But there are major differences in the types of people who gravitate toward different paranormal phenomena. Bigfoot conventions are almost all-male outings, while psychic affairs attract a largely female audience.

The 2005 Baylor Religion Survey found that women are twice as likely as men to believe in astrology, that people can communicate with the dead (a big reason “Medium” lasted for seven TV seasons) and that at least some psychics can foresee the future. Men, on the other hand, are more likely to believe in UFOs.

“Women tend to want to improve themselves, to become better people,” said Bader, who is also a director of the Association for Religion Data Archives. “Men tend to want to go out and capture something, to prove it’s real.”

In reviewing the research, other findings reported by Bader, Mencken and Baker include:

Belief in Bigfoot, ghosts, psychic abilities and other paranormal phenomena declines noticeably with increases in age and income.
Unmarried and cohabiting individuals are far more likely to embrace the paranormal. Asked whether they have had any of five paranormal experiences from witnessing a UFO to contacting spirits, the typical unmarried respondent claimed close to two experience, while the average married respondent had no paranormal experiences.
Republicans are “significantly less interested” in the paranormal than Democrats or independents.
Overall, the researchers said, conventional lifestyles and stakes in conformity are strong predictors of paranormal beliefs, with highly unconventional people the most likely to turn to otherworldly possibilities beyond the realm of traditional religion.

Lilith

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 22, 2018, 03:17:28 PM
Carry on!

Thank You!    ;D  :-*

Gd5150

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 22, 2018, 03:19:14 PM

What about Sasquatch/hairy man? No respect!

Lilith

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 22, 2018, 03:29:27 PM

Oh, That Sucks!   LOL

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Richard Groyper on October 22, 2018, 08:18:52 AM
>be me
>white man married to a white woman
>host a boring paranormal podcast
>spend a lot of time being mad online
>i love to virtue signal about having an african american daughter amongst other things
>but no one cares
>feel the online rage about to strike
>turn to much younger wife for comfort
>denied
>sad/frustrated
>remember how progressive and virtuous i am while wife gets plowed by black boyfriend in the bedroom
>i am a social justice hero
>feels good man

SAVAGE!

Metron2267

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 22, 2018, 03:29:27 PM
I know, Knapp had a pretty decent show last night!

Lilith

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 22, 2018, 03:28:45 PM
I don't think millenials do magazines - kind old school as a medium.

But:  "........."

https://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/why_are_millennials_turning_to_astrology

All that said, it does seem that the callers into these shows seem to be mostly older folk.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Richard Groyper on October 22, 2018, 08:18:52 AM
>be me
>white man married to a white woman
>host a boring paranormal podcast
>spend a lot of time being mad online
>i love to virtue signal about having an african american daughter amongst other things
>but no one cares
>feel the online rage about to strike
>turn to much younger wife for comfort
>denied
>sad/frustrated
>remember how progressive and virtuous i am while wife gets plowed by black boyfriend in the bedroom
>i am a social justice hero
>feels good man

I just wanted to see this again, I almost feel embarrassed for him .. and I wouldn't be surprised, if he never posted again.

Metron2267

Quote from: brig on October 22, 2018, 03:34:15 PM
All that said, it does seem that the callers into these shows seem to be mostly older folk.

I agree with that, prolly cuz we're all raving insomniacs!

;)

Metron2267

Quote from: username on October 22, 2018, 03:36:33 PM
I just wanted to see this again, I almost feel embarrassed for him .. and I wouldn't be surprised, if he never posted again.

Bad Dave:

Asuka Langley

Quote from: username on October 22, 2018, 03:36:33 PM

Was he trolling or is he really a cuck that preps the bull for his waifu?

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on October 22, 2018, 03:39:21 PM
Was he trolling or is he really a cuck that preps the bull for his waifu?

The funny thing is, I don't think he knows what a "cuck", is. He seriously... Seriously... Would never use that term, because for all intensive purposes, he is the definition of a "cuck".

Metron2267

Quote from: username on October 22, 2018, 03:41:22 PM
The funny thing is, I don't think he knows what a "cuck", is. He seriously... Seriously... Would never use that term, because for all intensive purposes, he is the definition of a "cuck".

Do you figure he's familiar with wifeysworld.com? ::)

Lilith

Quote from: Richard Groyper on October 22, 2018, 03:45:16 PM
LMFAO! this gif made me laugh way more than it should.

I think that's the Millennials Wheel of Life.   LOL