• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 24, 2016, 02:29:59 PM
Yes, but I heard you got the lowest grade ever received in that class.  :(

For what it's worth, I also took the two basic logic courses, though at a University College and not a 'real university.'  In the introductory philosophy of logic course, the instructor told me that I received one of the highest marks he had ever given and in the symbolic logic course I received either a B or a B+.

My philosophy of logic instructor and both of the instructors of the two mandatory English courses (in both of those courses making logical arguments is part of the teaching) told me that my intelligence was 'off the charts' on the high side.  Of course, as those were all university college instructors and not university professors, I took their compliment in the same spirit that I'm sure most people here will.

Quote from: Jackstar on November 24, 2016, 05:05:12 PM
... At this point, it's clear that you have no legitimate--or even Earthly--idea what you're talking about. Hillary Clinton's demonstrated experience is one of the ways in which rational, sentient citizens can be assured that she is not competent to be entrusted with power...

This should be bumped to the top of every page of every thread in this section, until even the Hilary supporters understand it.

Quote from: Segundus on November 24, 2016, 04:43:21 PM
During the debates he was proud of skirting the laws for his own profits.  He said that was what made a good businessman.  He took advantage of every loophole possible.  To him this is a good thing, not something lacking in morality. 

He's told us, there, about his motivation in wanting to be president, why he did not divulge his tax returns, and why he did not put his holdings in a blind trust. 

This is from his own mouth, something he's proud of, like the ability to grab women in disgusting ways.

I'll just address the tax portion of this since I didn't watch the debates and ignored as much of the election campaigning as possible, and that's the only 'loophole' I heard about.

Taxpayers have the right to pay only the amount of tax legally due.  That's straight from the IRS' own website.  They also have the right to order their affairs so as to pay the minimum amount of tax due.  That includes using what some call ''loopholes''.  ''Loopholes'' are mostly in the tax code for a reason, often to motivate certain behavior (for example tax breaks for activities ranging from hiring employees to charitable giving).  Some ''loopholes'' are errors in drafting tax law, and are quickly remedied. 

None of this has a thing to do with 'morality'.  Nor does it inform us of a person's motivation for running for office.

Divulging his tax returns?  I would have advised him not to do so.  The only reason for politicians to divulge their tax returns is to show us they haven't enriched themselves by selling their votes, and other forms of official corruption.  We already know how he made his money, and it wasn't from selling political favors while in office.

The Clintons neatly skate around this by laundering their dirty money through Bill's 'library', and through their charitable 'foundation'.  The cash flowing through these appear nowhere on Bill and Hil's PERSONAL tax returns, as the Library and the Foundation are separate legal entities that file their own separate non-profit corporate tax returns.  As non-profits, neither pay any taxes on the funds flowing in.  Did Big Media even ask for those tax records?  How about a list of donors?  If Bill or Hilary took money out in the form of wages or management fees, or had their personal expenses paid by these entities, was a W-2 or 1099 issued them, and did they pay taxes on those amounts? 

How much travel and 'entertaining' was paid by the 'Library' and 'Foundation' for work Bill and Hil did on behalf or those organizations, and therefore not taxable to them personally?  Can we be sure none of that was personal?  Did the Library or Foundation contribute to Hilary's campaign (yet another separate legal entity, with it's own filings)?  If so, how much?  Would the source of those pass-through funds then be relevant (the donors to the Library and to the Foundation, whose donations ended up funding the campaign)?  Why or why not?  Did any of our Big Name Objective Journalists even ask?

As far as putting his holdings in a blind trust, um, his holdings are his properties.  Will he forget he owns Trump Towers and Trump Resorts if they are in a blind trust?  It simply is not the same as someone who owns a few stocks, bonds, and CDs, which are regularly evaluated and traded.  Isn't this all a little silly?  Do those other politicians put their rental or vacation homes in a 'blind trust'? 

Now that this has all been pointed out to you, will you be bringing it up every day, or sticking with just Trump's morals and motivations?

Jackstar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 24, 2016, 08:06:51 PM
This should be bumped to the top of every page of every thread in this section, until even the Hilary supporters understand it.

Thanks. I'll admit it, I was inspired.

theONE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 24, 2016, 11:41:03 AM
I guess you learned all that turn-the-other-cheek stuff from your saviour and good buddy the Prince of Penis. It probably hasn't occurred to you before, being a one-note johnny, but your act is getting a bit stale and in bad need of refreshment. Anyway, as we are nearly into that time of year when we are all supposed to come together as one big human family, 1.*may I be the first to wish that your family are killed in a motorway pile-up and  2.*that you die of AIDS.

1. I of course will leave your family out of it, and I will also leave out you from getting killed in a motorway pile-up,
(actually if you really think about it dying in a car crash might be not that bad way to go....so no I don't wish back that to you,
that's to good for you, you didn't deserve that type of death...you deserve this:

2. O yes, this type of death for you I back wish upon you to become reality of your physical lifeAMEN. ,
so during that battle with AIDS you will have time to think about your life, ....about your faith in God or luck of it,
about your immoral life style, about how insecure you really are, about how you getting panic attacks, getting very depressed at night,
how many times you are afraid to fall asleep, how scared you are of death, how badly you don't want to die,
how physically sick you are ,how angry and scared inside you are,...

but also you SredniVashtar
will have time to think that the only way for you to start changing your life so you can start felling more inner peace,
feeling more relaxed (not stress-out all the time as you are now) --but in order to change all that you SV must stop
your life style,...never do it again ................................................and start praying 

theONE

Quote from: Jackstar on November 24, 2016, 03:07:37 PM
Fully half of the users posting in the last seven hours have been ersatz shills. It's frankly embarassing at this point.

ey --you! --Pedostar. What's embarrassing is that pedo like yourself is even allowed to post here.
That's a real shame and weakness of this joint...

theONE

Quote from: Segundus on November 24, 2016, 05:16:20 PM
I don't think your comments are worthy of a response.  You are obviously distorting what I said and are doing so to further your own biases.

that's his style exactly,
Pedostar he is just stirring things up just to create negativity amongst poster, he is a jealous faggot who hates happy people,
who is lost and terrified in real life and only tries to bring division and stress ...
that's how Jackstar operates he loves to hate!!

Hope everyone has had a great Thanksgiving.  :D :D :D I'm kind of over politics for the time being and I really don't have anything substantial to add to the conversation as of this moment.  All is right in my world right now.  We shall see if this will last.  Again, Happy Thanksgiving!! :D :D :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 24, 2016, 10:37:06 PM
Hope everyone has had a great Thanksgiving.  :D :D :D I'm kind of over politics for the time being and I really don't have anything substantial to add to the conversation as of this moment.  All is right in my world right now.  We shall see if this will last.  Again, Happy Thanksgiving!! :D :D :D

Oh sure! You're here for the win but now that the real hard work of MAGA begins you're Audi 5000. You're making Trump cry. I hope you're happy.  ::)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 24, 2016, 10:41:26 PM
Oh sure! You're here for the win but now that the real hard work of MAGA begins you're Audi 5000. You're making Trump cry. I hope you're happy.  ::)

Oh, I'll do my bit to make America great again.  I haven't gone away.  I'm simply enjoying the honeymoon and what is the point of squabbling further?  Our side won.  I'm sure I'll have something to say before a week goes by but I'm enjoying the break.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 24, 2016, 10:48:55 PM
Oh, I'll do my bit to make America great again.  I haven't gone away.  I'm simply enjoying the honeymoon and what is the point of squabbling further?  Our side won.  I'm sure I'll have something to say before a week goes by but I'm enjoying the break.

Alright, fair enough. Enjoy the turkey!  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 24, 2016, 10:53:41 PM
Alright, fair enough. Enjoy the turkey!  ;)

In a bow to tradition, think Obama pardoned her today

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 24, 2016, 11:16:48 PM
In a bow to tradition, think Obama pardoned her today

I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you saying that he actually did that today? I didn't hear anything about this.

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 24, 2016, 11:19:36 PM
I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you saying that he actually did that today? I didn't hear anything about this.

nah he only pardoned a real turkey, not hillary

Value Of Pi

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 24, 2016, 06:46:32 PM
You have to in a two party system. Individual views don't really amount to much other than someone's opinion. But their vote does matter, and in a two party system the ideology is defined by the candidate. Vote for that person, whether you agree with them or not, and you own that ideology.

I've known tons of them. The vast majority I've found to be at the very least flagrantly homophobic, even the moderates. Though, in fairness, about 25 percent or so were moderate but didn't actually believe in the religion and were happy to go get drunk when not around family, they just practiced because they were afraid of the people that do believe it.

I am also agnostic. I can't claim to know the nature of the universe and there's room for a creator in my view, though I'm gut punching the unethical fucker if I ever meet him. That said, I have no problem with religious beliefs per se, it's a good way to conquer the fear of death, but I view them similar to how I view alcoholism or drug addiction. It's a crutch. But each to his own.

I'd have made that argument at one time, yes. The problem is the moderates have done nothing to rein in the extremists and Islamic violence seems like it will have no end. Remember, there were moderate Nazis, but that didn't make their ideology okay. It's the same with Islam. Now, I'm not advocating war, the opposite in fact, but they need to know that it's time for the middle east to grow up.

Moderate Nazis? What's a moderate Nazi? Not familiar with that concept.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: asukathing02 on November 25, 2016, 12:01:53 AM
$149... not me i wouldn't have a tree to hang it on anyways i don't celebrate Christmas

Why? Because it's really a pagan holiday?  ::)

Quote from: JesusJuice on November 24, 2016, 11:53:51 PM
Who's getting their official Make America Great Againâ,,¢ Christmas Ornament?

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/red-cap-collectible-ornament?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=JFC_Merchandise_red-cap-collectible-ornament&utm_content=112316-trump-ornament-jfc-t-t-hf-e&utm_source=e_t-t

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/307473-people-are-leaving-tons-of-fake-reviews-on-amazon-for-trumps

QuoteDespite the negative reviews, the item was popular, and as of 10:30 p.m. there were only 10 of the ornaments left in stock on Amazon.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/11/23/trump_is_hawking_a_149_gold_trimmed_christmas_ornament_shaped_like_a_hat.html

QuoteYes, the Trump campaign is hawking $149 Make America Great Again hat Christmas ornaments, “finished with 14k gold.”

The money will be considered a donation to a joint fundraising committee the Trump campaign has with the Republican National Committee.

Trump campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks told the New York Daily News that the ornament was made in America.

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 24, 2016, 06:47:18 PM
I didn't say they were.  What I did say was... wait for it... the Founders never envisioned career politicians.

You're not great on nuance, are you?

There were 38 signers of the U.S Constitution.  To believe that they all or even most had the same view on this is moronic. 

That has nothing to do with nuance, that is basic common sense.

Term Limits and the Constitution

The Founding Fathers - the people who wrote the Constitution - did, in fact, consider and reject the idea of congressional term limits. In Federalist Papers No. 53, James Madison, father of the Constitution, explained why the Constitutional Convention of 1787 rejected term limits.

"[A] few of the members of Congress will possess superior talents; will by frequent re-elections, become members of long standing; will be thoroughly masters of the public business, and perhaps not unwilling to avail themselves of those advantages. The greater the proportion of new members of Congress, and the less the information of the bulk of the members, the more apt they be to fall into the snares that may be laid before them," wrote Madison.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/b/2013/01/30/why-no-term-limits-for-congress-the-constitution.htm

Of course, James Madison was just one of the writers of the Constitution though this calls him the Father of the Constitution (as do other sources) but he was the most important and he expected there would be career politicians, and possibly many career politicians.  It is important to note here that he doesn't say that a few members of Congress will be reelected frequently but that a few of the members of Congress who are reelected frequently will also possess superior talents and that, he argues, will make them especially useful.

So, this has nothing to do with my ability to recognize nuance, it has everything to do with you mindlessly regurgitating another falsehood.  In this case that the Founding Fathers were against career politicians.

https://www.quora.com/The-founding-fathers-were-against-career-politicians-why-are-people-so-insistent-on-the-fact-Donald-Trump-doesnt-have-experience-Isnt-that-good

I realize that the posts on that site aren't necessarily from political scholars but you will note the number of comments there, and anybody can comment on that site, who say "I'm not familiar with any general opinion of the Founders against “career politicians."

And from here:
http://www.cabinet.com/cabinet/cabinetletters/1032444-308/founding-fathers-didnt-want-career-politicians.html

Hank Terrebrood · Green Run High
I learned in junior high school civics that the United States system of government was not meant to have career politicians; however, I cannot find an original source for the idea or statement in support.

Since I believe in providing as full a context as possible, this is the response to Hank's comment:

John Bergman · Founding Partner at Rain International
The federalize papers is a good start for the information Hank

I suppose Bergman's comment could be a simple error but I don't know how much anybody should regard this person as an expert in what is in the Federalist Papers when he refers to them as the 'federalize papers.'

mikuthing01

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 25, 2016, 12:21:28 AM
Why? Because it's really a pagan holiday?  ::)

That helps lol, I never celebrated it as an atheist and I'm not gonna start now just because I'm a Christian. I don't care that Christians do celebrate it though

136 or 142

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 24, 2016, 05:08:06 PM
You're bitching about Trump before he's even in office when he just defeated one of the most corrupt politicians in American history.  ::)

Yes, because there are already at least one instance where he has used his soon to be office for personal gain (Argentina), one instance where he may have used his office for personal gain (the foreign dignitaries staying at his hotels to try and curry favor with him) and once instance of a clear potential conflict of interest (his daughter who is going to take over his companies sitting in with his meeting with the Prime Minister of Japan.)

If you are really against corruption and not just a Hillary hater or a Clinton hater I don't see how you can't be alarmed over these things.  After all, as you yourself wrote, he's not even in office yet.

136 or 142

Quote from: Jackstar on November 24, 2016, 03:07:37 PM
And, that is demonstrably you. You're so stupid, you think you're actually smart. It's breathtaking, truly.

Simple Jack, that is the main condition of the Dunning Kruger effect.  You wrote it as if you just thought of it yourself.  In your case, however, you're so stupid you're not capable of judging who is stupid, who is smart and who is in between.

Simple Jack, please try and stop going full retard.

WOTR

Quote from: norland2424 on November 24, 2016, 02:34:18 PM
lol you fuckers should observe a truce on thanksgiving, hell if the fighting stopped on the trenches of ww1 on christmas , it can happen here on bellgab for turkeyday.
That was ONLY WW1.  This is BG.

136 or 142

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 24, 2016, 06:46:32 PM
You have to in a two party system. Individual views don't really amount to much other than someone's opinion. But their vote does matter, and in a two party system the ideology is defined by the candidate. Vote for that person, whether you agree with them or not, and you own that ideology.

For President, true, but while Congress is a two party system I don't think it's accurate to claim that their individual views don't count for much.  When Jesse Ventura used to say that 'the U.S is a two party system and that's just one more party than they allowed in the Soviet Union' and people quoted that,  I used to reply on various sites, 'that's true, but it's also true that in Congress virtually every point of view is held and expressed by at least one member.'  In hindsight I think I was more than slightly wrong in that in that I can't think of a single member of Congress who held anything close to the combination of views that many of the supporters of Trump think Trump holds, and obviously these Trump supporters are a significant percentage of the U.S population.

Of course, the hard core supporters of Trump supported him for different reasons, but I think in the main they break down into just a few reasons and most of these supporters almost certainly supported him for these few reasons.

norland2424

Quote from: WOTR on November 25, 2016, 12:56:15 AM
That was ONLY WW1.  This is BG.

are you saying that MV is worse than Kaiser Wilhelm  :o >:(