• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

Gunner65

Quote from: Liberace! on October 11, 2019, 04:50:14 PM
Skype, yes. Doesn't have to be a full blown computer. You can use Skype on any mobile device.
I am running VISTA on a secondary PC device right now. I think all I require is a head-set MV.

MV/Liberace!

Gunner, get a headset that plugs into your USB port.

Gunner65

Quote from: Liberace! on October 11, 2019, 04:53:55 PM
I was just going to ask you about that.  I will do so.  I will also contact Mack at Patriot Outlaws and arrange a "test call" during his show prior.

Quote from: Liberace! on October 11, 2019, 04:53:55 PM

Goggles are optional.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Gunner65 on October 11, 2019, 04:55:20 PM
I was just going to ask you about that.  I will do so.  I will also contact Mack at Patriot Outlaws and arrange a "test call" during his show prior.

You can also use the test call feature in Skype and actually hear for yourself how you sound.

Chine

Quote from: Liberace! on October 11, 2019, 04:52:57 PM
Approval granted!

Do you already have enough hosts? I just missed this. I’ll definitely listen and call in.

Gunner65

Quote from: Liberace! on October 11, 2019, 05:00:42 PM
You can also use the test call feature in Skype and actually hear for yourself how you sound.
LOL

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Chine on October 11, 2019, 05:03:29 PM
Do you already have enough hosts? I just missed this. I’ll definitely listen and call in.

We have Gunner, and Pate is holding as a backup, so you're welcome if you'd like to be on.

ItsOver

Quote from: Liberace! on October 11, 2019, 05:06:45 PM
We have Gunner, and Pate is holding as a backup, so you're welcome if you'd like to be on.
Ha!  What a mix.  Gunner guns down a plastered Pate, while Chine creates an artistic impression.  Can't wait.

Quote from: ItsOver on October 11, 2019, 05:58:02 PM
Ha!  What a mix.  Gunner guns down a plastered Pate, while Chine creates an artistic impression.  Can't wait.

Gunner and Chine?  Talk about comparison and contrast!   It's almost a DreamCast!

Pizzapunch

We could call open lines tonight and invite heather for tomorrow Haha

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Pizzapunch on October 11, 2019, 07:12:48 PM
We could call open lines tonight and invite heather for tomorrow Haha

Or we could call her show from our show. Thoughts?

Pizzapunch

Quote from: Liberace! on October 11, 2019, 07:13:47 PM
That would be brilliant,  but heather only works Tuesdays through Friday and only when she wants to

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Pizzapunch on October 11, 2019, 07:15:58 PM
That would be brilliant,  but heather only works Tuesdays through Friday and only when she wants to

Oh, shit. Saturday. I forgot.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Liberace! on October 11, 2019, 07:13:47 PM

This really needs to happen at some point!

pate

Gunner & Chine.  Outstanding.

I think I am off the hook, although I think just to spite ShriekingVagtard I kind of still want "in."

I think I will bust out my laptop, I can ethernet into that directly which might help with sound quality issues.  I think it has a shitty built in microphone.

Or someone can start a GoFundMe for some suh-wheat broadcast Koala Tea mr. Microphone...

-p

EdiotTwoADD:  I would like to again request a code-monkey IRC live chat, I miss that...

MV/Liberace!

Gunner, shoot me an email at admin@bellgab.com and let me know what email address is associated with your Skype account so I can use that to look you up.  Thanks.

Lilith

Quote from: Gunner65 on October 11, 2019, 04:53:15 PM
I am running VISTA on a secondary PC device right now. I think all I require is a head-set MV.

Praise MV!

Gunner65

Quote from: Liberace! on October 11, 2019, 08:48:03 PM
Gunner, shoot me an email at admin@bellgab.com and let me know what email address is associated with your Skype account so I can use that to look you up.  Thanks.
I am having problems downloading SKYPE for Windows Vista.  The version I was able to download (7.36) will not make an internet connection.  My ISP internet connection runs via a phone line.  I will try and find a download for version 7.38 or 7.39.  Otherwise there are no other versions which are compatible.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Gunner65 on October 12, 2019, 09:06:42 AM
I am having problems downloading SKYPE for Windows Vista.  The version I was able to download (7.36) will not make an internet connection.  My ISP internet connection runs via a phone line.  I will try and find a download for version 7.38 or 7.39.  Otherwise there are no other versions which are compatible.

Vista is such an old OS they stopped supporting it. Try this link and see if there is an older one you can use:

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/skype-7-16-0-102

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Gunner65 on October 12, 2019, 09:06:42 AM
My ISP internet connection runs via a phone line.

Do you mean you're using DSL?

MV/Liberace!

Chine is out for tonight because her dog is sick. Gunner seems tentative. Pate?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Gunner65 on October 12, 2019, 09:45:49 AM
Yes I believe so.  Broadband would be "cable" right?

DSL should be adequate as long as you aren't doing anything else with your connection at the same time.

MV/Liberace!

Gunner, is there a tablet or some other mobile device you can use?

Gunner65

Quote from: Liberace! on October 12, 2019, 09:53:14 AM
Gunner, is there a tablet or some other mobile device you can use?
No. This is all I have right now.