• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Metron2267

Quote from: ZaZa on December 08, 2018, 10:46:31 AM
YES INDEED !!

TRANSLATION:
Only BIG animals thrive and survive on Bellgab.
Small animals become like Dr.MDMD and Jackstar {and few others} constantly whining and using "Ignore" function.
*FUCK THEM*

Projecting again?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on December 08, 2018, 12:56:35 AM
Careful.  It's been known to cause paralysis, even something like Guillen-Barre Syndrome.  Reversible, but in the meanwhile the victim is dependent on others.  It would also be difficult to be paralyzed and dependent on others in the meanwhile, if you already have a potentially fatal disease like asthma, hypoglycemia, severe diabetes, seizures, heart/circulation issues, etc...  Chances of a nurse being right there when you need your inhaler are iffy....   Some victims have to be put on a ventilator.

I met a woman who got Guillen Barre Syndrome (paralysis) from a flu shot the same day she got the shot, a couple months ago.  Ruined her and her husband's life for a couple seasons.  Every day after work, he came to be with her at the skilled nursing facility.  A facility that accidently forgot to give her her blood pressure pills, causing her blood pressure to go up to 205/100, in the heart attack/stroke range she said.  She survived, but negligence is one of the risks of being dependent on facility nursing.

I decided after that to change careers.  A lot of health care employers require employees to get the flu shot, even though employees get terribly sick for a couple weeks afterward, causing absenteeism and stress to their departments.  I talked to department heads who hated the way the flu shot devastated their staffing levels.  And, the fu shot can be death sentence.  And it's all about Medicaid reimbursement, not actually about preventing the flu.  We all know the shot is not effective.  And now they are making medical administrative assistants (even ones who 100% work from home) get the flu shot, workers who have absolutely no patient contact whatsoever.  So it's a scam.  The trend doesn't even try to appear reasonable.

And, facilities really don't give a crap about the flu.  When the flu "gets into the building" (as they mysteriously, impotently put it), they don't increase ventilation, they don't air the place out, and they don't even change ventilation filters more often.  They don't increase UV light, either.  They really don't care about the flu at all.  It's pathetic.

Powers that be say getting paralyzed by Guillen-Barre is a one in a million chance, but I did my own online research and it looks like the odds are more like 4 in a million, or 1 in 250,000.  Also, some say that the paralysis caused by the flu shot is not the same as Guillen-Barre, but a national science paper says otherwise.  It said that the only way the flu shot could cause paralysis symptoms is through Guillen-Barre syndrome.  All I know it that people are getting temporarily paralyzed by the flu shot, to the point they can't walk and have to be taken to ER and transferred to skilled nursing facilities afterward.  I can't believe anyone would take this risk.

TL;DR...and fuck you!

whoozit

Why am I getting adds to date Ukrainian ladies?  Have I suddenly become Ed Dames?

Metron2267

Quote from: whoozit on December 11, 2018, 10:15:20 AM
Why am I getting adds to date Ukrainian ladies?  Have I suddenly become Ed Dames?

You'll know if they follow with "lava tube" getaways to Micronesia... 8)

AZZERAE

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 12, 2018, 10:30:06 AM
Great comix there Azz :)

I thought they met the criterion of both "random" and "stupid", hence my posting of them in this thread.  ;)

The artist is Johnny Ryan - he used to draw the comics in the back page of VICE magazine.

On a somewhat unrelated note: Do you remember the British comics magazine VIZ, by any chance?

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Liberace! on December 12, 2018, 10:40:56 AM
Well this is only slightly creepy.

The Illuminati mad men run Madison Avenue now. Maybe Celine Dion can branch out to creepy clothes for trans seniors.

Metron2267

Quote from: Azzerae on December 12, 2018, 11:42:27 AM
I thought they met the criterion of both "random" and "stupid", hence my posting of them in this thread.  ;)

The artist is Johnny Ryan - he used to draw the comics in the back page of VICE magazine.

On a somewhat unrelated note: Do you remember the British comics magazine VIZ, by any chance?

The UK's answer to Mad Magazine , sort of - used to be a lot more tabloid.

Over here:

AZZERAE

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 13, 2018, 07:00:25 PM
The UK's answer to Mad Magazine , sort of - used to be a lot more tabloid.

This is why I love you! How on earth do you know so much?!  8)

Metron2267

Quote from: Azzerae on December 14, 2018, 04:00:22 AM
This is why I love you! How on earth do you know so much?!  8)

Sponge brain?

Please don't squeeze... ;)

Now let me take you to hoary post-war Glasgow and a lost national treasure whose comix art was focused on the great American southwest:

https://www.theglasgowstory.com/image/?inum=TGSA05152

The world's only two-legged equestrian statue, of cartoon character Lobey Dosser, opposite the Halt Bar in Woodlands Road in 1996. The bronze statue was paid for by donations following an appeal in the Diary columns of the Glasgow Herald. Art students Tony Morrow and Nick Gillon took no fee for designing and building the monument.

There is an inscription on the plaque below which reads: "Statue erected by public subscription on May 1st 1992 to the memory of Bud Neill, 1911-1970, cartoonist & poet, creator of Lobey Dosser, Sheriff of Calton Creek, his sturdy steed El Fideldo, resident villain Rank Bajin, and many other characters."

Bud Neill's cartoon strip, which gave Glasgow humour a new setting in the Arizona desert, first appeared in the Evening Times in 1949, and continued until 1956. Further adventures were published in the Sunday Mail in the late 1950s. The stories established a cult following, and many have been republished in book form. The statue has been the victim of vandalism but continues to feature on the tourist trail, to the amusement and occasionally to the puzzlement of visitors.

whoozit

I wish I could regain the innocence I had during the run up to Art’s final return.  That fall from grace and the Heather Wade saga remind me to be careful what you wish for.

WeinerInHand

Reduced flow shower heads are a conspiracy by the government to produce anxiety in otherwise reasonable people.

Metron2267

Quote from: whoozit on December 15, 2018, 08:14:59 AM
I wish I could regain the innocence I had during the run up to Art’s final return.  That fall from grace and the Heather Wade saga remind me to be careful what you wish for.

:-\

I feel your words.

Metron2267

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 15, 2018, 11:29:23 AM
Reduced flow shower heads are a conspiracy by the government to produce anxiety in otherwise reasonable people.

LOLOL!

I used to transport drive RVs and there is a worse form of shower by far...

(in the new ones we couldn't even use them or much else- a minor blessing)

;)

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 15, 2018, 11:34:39 AM
LOLOL!

I used to transport drive RVs and there is a worse form of shower by far...

(in the new ones we couldn't even use them or much else- a minor blessing)

;)

I couldn't find a picture but we had one for camping that was just a bag that you hung on a high branch and pumped an in-line bulb to feed out the water.
Hey - we were happy! 😁

Metron2267

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 15, 2018, 11:38:24 AM
I couldn't find a picture but we had one for camping that was just a bag that you hung on a high branch and pumped an in-line bulb to feed out the water.
Hey - we were happy! 😁

They still make those - dandy for hunting trips they are!

Metron2267

Two more indispensable accessories for those of us who are prone to eat up the miles on our way to get "there"...

::)

Metron2267

Lol, you just returned me to my drive-in days youth:

Guess Washington ain't loving the free jugs of roadside "cider", lol...

AZZERAE

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 14, 2018, 11:46:54 AM
Let me take you to hoary post-war Glasgow and a lost national treasure whose comix art was focused on the great American southwest...

You gotta getcha paws on some Kramers Ergot