• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

"Heather at the Handle"

Started by Ciardelo, December 13, 2015, 02:53:20 PM

Ciardelo

It has been mentioned that Ms. Wade needs to create her own identity and show style. The below was posted a couple of days age and therein rests a great idear.  :D

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 12, 2015, 01:55:45 AM
This is quite possibly the kiss of death for Hoagy.  I figure the numbers will dip a bit with Heather at the Handle (new show name) but Heather sounds good.  Real good.  * It reaches for the lotion* 
She's a natural.  Great voice, cool vibe.

LOL. Just cover up the creepy parts or whatever but it has a certain maniacal genius.

I hereby formally nominate the title "Heather at the Handle" for the newest, hottest, thing to hit the airwaves!

iBelieve

New identity? Have we even seen a pic of her?

henge0stone

I'm probably going to cancel my subscription. I have nothing against Heather I hope she does well, but honestly I signed up and paid for Art and now that he's gone... I'm just not ready to love again.

aldousburbank

I am certain that at this point she just wants to be able to hear Art host Midnight In The Desert, just like the rest of us. Her producer position came to her as unexpectedly as any of us can imagine. And really, I was in fact speaking with her on Skype when Art called asking her if she wanted to take a ride. What do you say to that? Even with all her own doubts on the table, and knowing she would be subject to criticism, she made the choice. My and our friend suddenly was ushered through a portal of life change, a career cliff climb, or jump. The lady has had a huge job on her hands and has done it with integrity regardless of various differing opinion. But hey, this is an opinion based sport so whatever.

My opinion is it's still a ride. Sit back and enjoy it. If Heather needs to own her own show the Keith and she will work that out. I think that keeping the name MITD with the possible addition of With Heather Wade might be appropriate just to clarify. But seriously, I happen to know that beyond her job as producer, (not because of), she is the person who wants Art back on the air the most. Everything else is just some kind of surreal and effed up radio kismet.

And somehow this is all MV's fault.

henge0stone

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 13, 2015, 03:27:17 PM
I am certain that at this point she just wants to be able to hear Art host Midnight In The Desert, just like the rest of us. Her producer position came to her as unexpectedly as any of us can imagine. And really, I was in fact speaking with her on Skype when Art called asking her if she wanted to take a ride. What do you say to that? Even with all her own doubts on the table, and knowing she would be subject to criticism, she made the choice. My and our friend suddenly was ushered through a portal of life change, a career cliff climb, or jump. The lady has had a huge job on her hands and has done it with integrity regardless of various differing opinion. But hey, this is an opinion based sport so whatever.

My opinion is it's still a ride. Sit back and enjoy it. If Heather needs to own her own show the Keith and she will work that out. I think that keeping the name MITD with the possible addition of With Heather Wade might be appropriate just to clarify. But seriously, I happen to know that beyond her job as producer, (not because of), she is the person who wants Art back on the air the most. Everything else is just some kind of surreal and effed up radio kismet.

Yeah, I have no ill will towards her and would happily listen to a free podcast with her. She's just like us and wants art back.

Barfly

Quote from: Whacky Bob L on December 13, 2015, 03:03:25 PM
Why sir do you need a picture of someone who is just a voice?
I listened to terrestrial radio for years in the 60's on up and i never knew what the host looked like, i never gave a shit.
NOW, it seems with the internet people judge a host not only for content but for looks?
WTF man..
You should think that statement through again you fuck face.
Really, THINK about the post you made.
Her identity is the same as always, perhaps YOU misinterpret "identity" with personality OR ability.
Think before you post, I did on this post.

Sehnzeleid

Quote from: henge0stone on December 13, 2015, 03:09:03 PM
I'm probably going to cancel my subscription. I have nothing against Heather I hope she does well, but honestly I signed up and paid for Art and now that he's gone... I'm just not ready to love again.

Yep, it's now simply another random show on the DMN I didn't listen to before, during, and now after MITD.

JamesMcDonald

My question is what does Crystal Gayle think about all this?

Barfly

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 13, 2015, 04:41:29 PM
My question is what does Crystal Gayle think about all this?
Lets just hope she doesn't go bald, I really like her hair  ;D

bellNwhistle

Not even a week ago, Art was interviewing someone who was raving about Heather.. and for about 5 minutes at least, Heather seemed to be all they were talking about. (5 minutes might be a stretch, but it was a definite Hmm moment). My husband wonders if Art hadn't been planning on passing the reins over to her for a while now.  Clearly he has faith in her, and would love to see her do well. 

Ciardelo

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 13, 2015, 04:44:50 PM
Not even a week ago, Art was interviewing someone who was raving about Heather.. and for about 5 minutes at least, Heather seemed to be all they were talking about. (5 minutes might be a stretch, but it was a definite Hmm moment). My husband wonders if Art hadn't been planning on passing the reins over to her for a while now.  Clearly he has faith in her, and would love to see her do well.
Well sure he does and did. He had her on his test show. She's been there from the start.

phrodo

Quote from: henge0stone on December 13, 2015, 03:09:03 PM

I didn't cancel my sub -- but instead sent in a sub to Other Side of Midnight just to show my support of DMDN. All this talk of cancelling subs to get your $5/mo back is pretty petty. Keith works his ass off and the least we can do is help him out if we can.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Barfly on December 13, 2015, 03:45:12 PM
Why sir do you need a picture of someone who is just a voice?
I listened to terrestrial radio for years in the 60's on up and i never knew what the host looked like, i never gave a shit.
NOW, it seems with the internet people judge a host not only for content but for looks?
WTF man..
You should think that statement through again you fuck face.
Really, THINK about the post you made.
Her identity is the same as always, perhaps YOU misinterpret "identity" with personality OR ability.
Think before you post, I did on this post.

I agree with you in principle, but we all know if her name was Lisa you would want a picture.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 13, 2015, 05:09:35 PM
I agree with you in principle, but we all know if her name was Lisa you would want a picture.

How many of you were surprised when you saw Art's picture. Kinda like Rick Dees from KIIS FM.  That dude looks nothing like he sounds.  I think many times, it ruins it to see what they look like. No offense to Art.  He looks as interesting as his show. :)   But it's his voice and how he uses it that keeps listeners.. not his appearance.

the_peeve

Umm of course I am going to support Heather. To not means you are still living on planet Butthurt.

Heather was chosen by Art. I don't know her from a hill of beans. I am not going to gauge her by her looks, but by the fact that Art has chosen her as the interim. Interim because we know Art loves radio and wants to come back. We saw that the last show. He will be back in some form.

For now I am comfortable with Heather holding the MITD show and keeping the mic warm for Art's return. I also know eventually Art is going to retire for good. I feel this isn't it, nor the way he wants to do it. He needs a successor to feel good and close his legacy properly with the odd show here and there. The man needs to be on air, because he is in love with it. Do the inhabitants of Butthurt not see Art wouldn't want his show and the DMN to go down in flames? I don't think he is Nero.  Case in point, Keith hasn't fully given up yet. Nor should we. But every show on DMRN better get some fucking advertising and sponsorship going and pull up their socks. My only two criticisms of the network was there was only some okay shows but there was some really shitty programs and secondly they seemed like freeloaders without much advertising and sponsorship.

The other thing that needs to happen is supporting the DMRN rather than competing against it with nonsupport. For many months the population of Butthurt kept growing because people got  their feelings hurt by their show being turned down, cancelled or overlooked. But the bottom line is showing support for DMRN helps Art Bell. So the objective must be to help DMRN. I like some shows and think the network can be a lot better.

I believe the police reports, and I can understand why Art lay on the ground for 20 minutes. It was not the first incident, as it was the 3rd, and by that time, Art's mind would have been playing tricks on him, through fear. I get that.  On planet Butthurt everyone gets to forget whatever they want to forget and go over everything Art says with tweezers to get at what they only want to remember.  The natives of Butthurt are still scratching their heads and saying it doesn't make sense, blah blah. Whatever, just try to get back down to earth and support the man you supposedly respect and love. At least make some Planet Butthurt t-shirts and donate funds to the DMRN.

I am not particularly happy, but I resubscribed with the small level of hope things will turn out alright in the end.

morgana213

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 13, 2015, 03:27:17 PM

You have a beautiful way with words Aldous. I agree with everything you've said here.  I am supporting her and the network.

bellNwhistle

I don't have any plans to cancel my subscription. Hopefully a lot of people will stick around. There's a group on FB now supporting her as the new host of MITD.   Maybe those with social media accounts can help get the word out.

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 13, 2015, 05:38:40 PM
I don't have any plans to cancel my subscription. Hopefully a lot of people will stick around. There's a group on FB now supporting her as the new host of MITD.   Maybe those with social media accounts can help get the word out.
#HeatherWadeMatters

Cydonia195

I for one am going to keep my subscription to both MITD w/ Heather and Hoagie's show.  Am i said and disappointed Art has retired again?  You're damn right!!!! Wouldn't you all do the same under the circumstances?  I have a 4yr old grandson we're raising and i will do whatever i need to do to ensure his safety.  Do i think these events will stop now that Art is off the air.  God I hope so.  I would hate to think otherwise but the thought has crossed my mind.  We should all show our support for Heather, Keith and Hoagie by continuing to subscribe.  I'm broke as a joke and still subcribe and pay my $10 a month for both shows.  It's my reward for working so damn hard to stay afloat. 

Lord Grantham

I'll eat my hat if this show is still on in a month. Y'all are living in a fantasy world at this point.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: onan on December 13, 2015, 05:49:38 PM
#WadeintoHeather
LOL  not without expressed permission.. not that i swing that way  :-*

onan

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 13, 2015, 05:51:22 PM
LOL  not without expressed permission.. not that i swing that way  :-*

I was hoping that wasn't an obvious perspective.

Barfly

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 13, 2015, 05:09:35 PM
If she is who i think she is i already know what she looks like, frankly i dont care what a radio host looks like anyway.
Plenty Lisa's to go around.

Fawlty

Given that I doubt Art gave anybody much heads up that he was considering this (he has always tended to shoot from the hip) I think Heather did a good job.  Especially considering her guest was a dud. I think Art kinda took over when he called in because it was obvious to everyone how freaked out she was.  She'll figure it out.  She seemed to hit her stride and even interjected a few times while Art was asking questions.  She's not Art, but I don't expect her to be.  I'll stick it out for a while to see how it goes.  Who knows, considering the past, Art might be back in a few days...Or he might not...

coaster

How does one wade into a desert?  That one is a thinker. ???

drksd4848

Quote from: Whacky Bob L on December 13, 2015, 03:03:25 PM

Yeah, I'm only going to listen if she's hot.  If she's smokin' hot, I'll re up my subscription.

onan

Quote from: coaster on December 13, 2015, 07:43:41 PM
How does one wade into a desert?  That one is a thinker. ???

I was using wade as a metaphor for listening to Heather. I don't claim to be a wordsmith.