• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Amy On The Radio

Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

damon

Quote from: Yorkshire Pudiphile on May 07, 2017, 09:47:16 PM
I listen to Batchelor fm time to time.  What does Bateman do for the old guy?  Cabana boi?
Is Bateman a fluffer for him?? :o

K_Dubb

Quote from: RoseGirl on May 07, 2017, 07:50:56 PM
There may be a third tendency involved; that of a deep, smoldering urge to vent your spleen at what ever appears to be a faceless person, an intriguing voice, a disembodied no one meandering gently across the airwaves. All those angers, all those daily hurts, all those disappointments in life. The host isn't a person, you see...merely an appealing, invisible target speaking to you throughout the night. An easy victory and, for those that need it, a willing 'listener' to blame.

Well we were speaking of hosts but, yeah, forum posters are surely a few steps down that road.

paladin1991

Quote from: RoseGirl on May 07, 2017, 07:50:56 PM
There may be a third tendency involved; that of a deep, smoldering urge to vent your spleen at what ever appears to be a faceless person, an intriguing voice, a disembodied no one meandering gently across the airwaves. All those angers, all those daily hurts, all those disappointments in life. The host isn't a person, you see...merely an appealing, invisible target speaking to you throughout the night. An easy victory and, for those that need it, a willing 'listener' to blame.

You're still here?  I thought you had canc'd your show, canc'd your website and canc'd BellGab.

WOTR

Quote from: Yorkshire Pudiphile on May 07, 2017, 09:59:22 PM
You're still here?  I thought you had canc'd your show, canc'd your website and canc'd BellGab.
Before officially welcoming her back, I think we should wait and see if "Rosegirl" posts with a Dutch accent.  ???

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on May 07, 2017, 11:14:40 PM
Before officially welcoming her back, I think we should wait and see if "Rosegirl" posts with a Netherlands accent.  ???

Patient: "Doc, it hurts when I do this. "

Doctor: "Don't do that. "

ponyboysunset

Quote from: WOTR on May 07, 2017, 03:37:57 PM
Are you volunteering?  PBS vs. HW... I would listen to PBS.

On a side note, has her show officially given up the (prairie)ghost yet?
Thanks WOTR. I have something I am quietly working on with another bellgabber that we might do. It's not anyone I've worked with previously or anyone who has ever called in but this person has a great voice and some interesting opinions. I also will never charge for any radio I do. Jesus people would probably pay me to shut up ;D And I have no idea how consistent it would be either, it's just something we are kicking around doing for fun. Right now I am waiting on some audio cables I ordered and then we will begin testing.

And I am said to see Amy go.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2017, 06:17:52 AM
Thanks WOTR. I have something I am quietly working on with another bellgabber that we might do. It's not anyone I've worked with previously or anyone who has ever called in but this person has a great voice and some interesting opinions. I also will never charge for any radio I do. Jesus people would probably pay me to shut up ;D And I have no idea how consistent it would be either, it's just something we are kicking around doing for fun. Right now I am waiting on some audio cables I ordered and then we will begin testing.

And I am said to see Amy go.

I hereby grant you limited license to utilize, for the period of TBD months, the appropriately appropriated name for said podcast, from this point forward referred to as Two Lipsâ,,¢. Monetary consideration will be the standard for appropriating appropriately appropriations, hence all currency of any country's legal tender will be forfeited upon receipt.

Go forth and prosper.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 08, 2017, 06:25:55 AM
I hereby grant you limited license to utilize, for the period of TBD months, the appropriately appropriated name for said podcast, from this point forward referred to as Two Lipsâ,,¢. Monetary consideration will be the standard for appropriating appropriately appropriations, hence all currency of any country's legal tender will be forfeited upon receipt.

Go forth and prosper.
Hahahahaahah that is awesome. Thanks GS.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2017, 06:32:23 AM
Hahahahaahah that is awesome. Thanks GS.

Haven't decided which one I like better. 

ponyboysunset

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 08, 2017, 06:39:21 AM
Haven't decided which one I like better.
She is straight and married but thanks for playing.  ;) I might, however look into that for my books. LOL. I have to learn to do the tech end of it as I have never really done that. I will be a fun experience I am sure and one I will welcome bellgabbers to participate in. LOL

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2017, 06:43:01 AM
She is straight and married but thanks for playing.  ;) I might, however look into that for my books. LOL. I have to learn to do the tech end of it as I have never really done that. I will be a fun experience I am sure and one I will welcome bellgabbers to participate in. LOL

Twisted Sistersâ,,¢ is available for a less reasonable fee, but double the TBD months licensing term.

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2017, 06:43:01 AM

Even Me?  :o

GravitySucks

My legal team just informed me that Pair a Noyasâ,,¢ can be made available, but may not be utilized for accepting phone calls from North Korea, Iran or Mongolia.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 08, 2017, 06:45:53 AM
Twisted Sistersâ,,¢ is available for a less reasonable fee, but double the TBD months licensing term.
LOL GS what are you the marketing/creative team? Suggestions are welcome. I will send my other co-host a message and let her know about your suggestions.

And Brig of course even you. Banning people doesn't work, it kills your audience and takes away from any fun discussion that can happen. This is simply me missing doing some type of show besides music. Said person and I have skyped a few times and think it might be fun for others to participate on our calls or just listen in.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2017, 06:54:13 AM
LOL GS what are you the marketing/creative team? Suggestions are welcome. I will send my other co-host a message and let her know about your suggestions.

And Brig of course even you. Banning people doesn't work, it kills your audience and takes away from any fun discussion that can happen. This is simply me missing doing some type of show besides music. Said person and I have skyped a few times and think it might be fun for others to participate on our calls or just listen in.

I'm the Idea Manâ,,¢. You might have seen Michael Keaton portray me in Night Shift.

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2017, 06:54:13 AM

Thank You for making me feel accepted.  It has been psychologically distressing for me to cope with the rejection I have had to learn to accept and live with from George Senda and RoseGirl.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on May 08, 2017, 06:59:25 AM
Thank You for making me feel accepted.  It has been psychologically distressing for me to cope with the rejection I have had to learn to accept and live with from George Senda and RoseGirl.
If and when this happens I don't plan on banning anyone and especially not for getting trolled. I don't expect to make me money or make me famous, I simply miss doing some time of talk show. We also have discussed catering to our audience so that will happen as well  ;)

What exactly happened with Amy anyway? Someone said Trump depression?

GravitySucks

Our representative will be contacting you to discuss a mutually beneficial arrangement naming you our Northeastern United States Number 1 Fan. As such, you will have special access to the Green Room for all post production special events that you would like to cater.

I sense a Blitz!!!

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2017, 07:04:34 AM
If and when this happens I don't plan on banning anyone and especially not for getting trolled. I don't expect to make me money or make me famous, I simply miss doing some time of talk show. We also have discussed catering to our audience so that will happen as well  ;)

What exactly happened with Amy anyway? Someone said Trump depression?

I am hearing medical issues.  I could be wrong.  If such is the case, I hope she gets well, and is able to do radio in a reliable way. Personally, I lost interest in her show after the airconditioner event, and the "I got nothing" appearance on the GabCast.  All that aside, I don't expect to like everyones radio program.  Truth be told, I'm very picky.  I like the ones that really give me stuff to think about, and the ones that have a very strong trainwreck factor.

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 08, 2017, 07:06:59 AM
Our representative will be contacting you to discuss a mutually beneficial arrangement naming you our Northeastern United States Number 1 Fan. As such, you will have special access to the Green Room for all post production special events that you would like to cater.

I sense a Blitz!!!

Awwweeeee  ;D :-*

Could you send me an official typed letter suitable for framing, like MV did with the Genesis Device?

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on May 08, 2017, 07:11:34 AM
Awwweeeee  ;D :-*

Could you send me an official typed letter suitable for framing, like MV did with the Genesis Device?

Yes mam. As soon as we receive your $10.99 payment for shipping and handling and standard SASE.

Bitcoins are acceptable (and preferred)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on May 08, 2017, 07:10:05 AM
I am hearing medical issues.  I could be wrong.  If such is the case, I hope she gets well, and is able to do radio in a reliable way. Personally, I lost interest in her show after the airconditioner event, and the "I got nothing" appearance on the GabCast.  All that aside, I don't expect to like everyones radio program.  Truth be told, I'm very picky.  I like the ones that really give me stuff to think about, and the ones that have a very strong trainwreck factor.
Isn't that why all of bellgab is here? LOL. Thanks for the info !

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2017, 07:16:43 AM
Isn't that why all of bellgab is here? LOL. Thanks for the info !

Praise MV!

whoozit

If I start a forum will you join it so I can ban you?  ;)

Lilith

Quote from: whoozit on May 08, 2017, 08:52:16 AM
If I start a forum will you join it so I can ban you?  ;)

Sure.  ;D

aldousburbank

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2017, 06:17:52 AM
Jesus people would probably pay me to shut up

Buddha people would probably be willing to pay too. Don't limit yourself.

I wonder if Amy listens to Ghostler? Meh.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 08, 2017, 11:24:42 AM
Buddha people would probably be willing to pay too. Don't limit yourself.
You're right, people of all faiths and atheists too! Thanks aldous ;)

zeebo

Quote from: brig on May 08, 2017, 07:10:05 AM
...Personally, I lost interest in her show after the airconditioner event, and the "I got nothing" appearance on the GabCast.  All that aside, I don't expect to like everyones radio program.  ...

She had a few pretty strong shows for awhile there.  Her interview with the Project Starshot guy was excellent, really compelling radio.  She giggles too much and her political slant rubs me the wrong way, but I could tolerate that for her intelligence and inquisitive style. 

But any sense of consistency fell apart rather quickly and now some of her earliest supporters have lost faith.  I hope she feels better of course.