• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Thanks To All of You.

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 11, 2008, 05:44:53 PM

MV/Liberace!

i wanted to take a moment to say thanks to those of you who have taken the time to post even a single message on this site.  your unique, witty, profound, and sometimes ridiculously juvenile posts have moved us forward at a pace i would not have imagined possible when we launched on april 5, 2008.

our greatest month thus far in terms of "page views" was may of this year when we reached 41,377.  for this month (july), we are on pace to hit over 52,000.  this means people are DEFINITELY seeing your posts, which is a nice feeling when you're taking the time to contribute a work of literary art (as many of our members routinely do).

yeah, i know, some message boards might laugh at 52,000 page views.  sorry, but i don't.  we've been here for 3 months, and i'm supposed to laugh at 52,000?  bullocks, i say.

without you, coastgab.com is nothing.  we won't forget that philosophy as our community moves into the future.

inherent in an intangible venue such as this is the difficulty in giving something back to our members.  you must be creative... or downright predictable... in order to give something to people.  there really is no in-between.  we have chosen to go with "predictable."

with a projected 52,000 page views this month, i want to encourage all of you to participate in the "Hawk Your Wares" board which is accessible from the main page.  it gives you an opportunity to promote your product/service/website for free.  we only require that you have 15 posts to your name (in addition to the other common sense rules listed on that board).

i'm trying to come up with some nice, tidy way to tie this all up, but i've got nothing.

seacrest out.

I've found in my years on "teh interwebz" and browsing forums is that a board with more activity grows exponentially, regardless of topic. But there are *some* forums that people join simply because of the specific subject matter and lax free discussion policies. Even if only one or two of you guys were posting, I'd still be here.

But, in short, I think this website will grow for both of those reasons. There are plenty of people out there who aren't into GN, but just haven't found you yet. On the other hand, there are plenty of newcomers to C2C who will see a large forum with many posters and sign up, then learn of the greatness of Art Bell in comparison to Noory from your stream and will stay here.

Anyways, as long as this forum is accessible to me I'll be checking it almost daily. I only deem it worth my time to be an active member of three forums I've found so far anyways, and this is one of them. I have a few friends locally who are into C2C and although it's slipped my mind recently, I'll pass the website info along to them eventually.

Come to think of it, I talked to a guy just a few nights ago at a bar in town who's REALLY into string theory, time travel, all sorts of stuff. I was a little tipsy but I think he said he listens to C2C, so next time I see him I'll write down this URL for him. Nothing better than bringing weird drunk people you just met onto a web forum. :)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on July 11, 2008, 06:19:24 PM
Nothing better than bringing weird drunk people you just met onto a web forum. :)
i have reason to believe this has happened many times on this message board.  :)

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 11, 2008, 05:44:53 PM

i'm trying to come up with some nice, tidy way to tie this all up, but i've got nothing.

seacrest out.

........awesome........

Spikegirl

Thank YOU Michael for giving us this playground! :)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Spikegirl on August 02, 2008, 01:39:43 AM
Thank YOU Michael for giving us this playground! :)
no prob, spikegirl.  i hope it GROWS GROWS GROWS so that i can profit from the google ads and buy that new paper clip collection i've been checking out on ebay.

by the way, people... my previous july projection of 52,000 page views has been blown away with a grand total for the month of 64,555.  i'm amazed.

also, don't you just get a kind of "old world" fuzzy feeling when people say "grand" total?  i start looking for bottles of sarsaparilla and hula-hoops in my peripheral vision.

darkfae

Well so far, I like it here. George suxx0r. Art r0x. Peri0d.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on August 02, 2008, 01:43:24 AM
no prob, spikegirl.  i hope it GROWS GROWS GROWS so that i can profit from the google ads and buy that new paper clip collection i've been checking out on ebay.

by the way, people... my previous july projection of 52,000 page views has been blown away with a grand total for the month of 64,555.  i'm amazed.

also, don't you just get a kind of "old world" fuzzy feeling when people say "grand" total?  i start looking for bottles of sarsaparilla and hula-hoops in my peripheral vision.

Crazy jump on those page views huh? Wow. Congrats MV, Your Welcome for any partcipation, and I whole-heartedly second SpikeGal's sentiment - Thank's Alot.

Quote from: darkfae on August 02, 2008, 06:24:45 AM
Well so far, I like it here. George suxx0r. Art r0x. Peri0d.

Aye. Art = 1337. George = Nub. And that's why we're here.  :)

Caruthers612

Yeah, this is definitely the funnest (can you tell I was an English major?) site I've discovered since www.GoDaddyGo.com. Furthermore--in an internet first--the folk here am friendly, polite, and even <cue Japanese monster movie music> intelligent. Now that just NEVER happens on the net.
     But Michael, you've missed the most important impact this site has had: think of how many additional copies of "Worker in the Poo" have been sold thanks to all the attention we've focused on George Noory.

R

MV/Liberace!

i'm not surprised the people here are intelligent.  they are representative of precisely the demographic from whom i would expect frustration over the position snoory holds today.

however, i can't begin to explain why people here are friendly and polite.  i never expected that would be the case, since it's almost inherently impossible for such an environment to exist on a message board.  it might simply be because we have yet to acquire a significant user base.  things might change when that happens.  we shall see.

oh, and we are on pace this month, broken down by average page views per hour, to hit 87,000.  when we hit 100,000 i will pull the plug on this site.

only kidding about that last bit.

MV/Liberace!

96,279 page views for august...

Frys Girl

I know there are lots of people who hate Snoory and that this site could have boatloads more members. BUT I like it the way it is only because sometimes I don't have time to log on everyday and I freak out that when I log in there'll be 60 new topics with 60 new messages. Still, I hope the site explodes (in terms of popularity), and I'm sure it will. This is public service guys. No one should be complacent in bad broadcasting. Shame on snoory ass-kissers. Shame on you Mr.Gorbachev.

Charles

My big question is WTF are we gonna do when the Noory is finally gone? He is like a virus we just cant shake ... but oneday someone has to say ENOUGH to his contract.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Charles on September 11, 2008, 11:29:28 PM
My big question is WTF are we gonna do when the Noory is finally gone? He is like a virus we just cant shake ... but oneday someone has to say ENOUGH to his contract.

Well, for one, we could chat about politics or current Coast shows (under the helm of let's say, Knapp), the merits of certain guests, etc.

There will never be a dearth of topics to discuss.

Yeah I mean, if Art were still doing regular shows we'd just be talking about Art and his guests, ect. I don't think our community is as much defined by George Noory as it is by a love of classic C2CAM and a hate for the debauchery that it has become.

MV/Liberace!

wow.  how times have changed.  i just took a look and realized we're on pace for a quarter million page views this month alone.

well fuck me running. 

thanks so much, everybody.

Dego

You're welcome.

And thank you for what you do.

Boomer

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on March 08, 2009, 10:11:11 PM
wow.  how times have changed.  i just took a look and realized we're on pace for a quarter million page views this month alone.

well fuck me running. 

thanks so much, everybody.

Congrats Michael...it didn't happen without you!

What really surprises me is the stupidity of C2C/Premier not registering the domain before you did. Alot of enterprises know they're going to have people who are very displeased with them and to stop any bad publicity on the net, they register any and every configuration of the enterprise name imaginable. I first got on this when I tried verizonsucks.com and found it was registered already. So I went to whosit to see who owned it and it was none other than Verizon...lol

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Boomer on March 10, 2009, 12:48:36 AM
What really surprises me is the stupidity of C2C/Premier not registering the domain before you did. Alot of enterprises know they're going to have people who are very displeased with them and to stop any bad publicity on the net, they register any and every configuration of the enterprise name imaginable. I first got on this when I tried verizonsucks.com and found it was registered already. So I went to whosit to see who owned it and it was none other than Verizon...lol
yeah, you're very correct about everything you said here.  corporate america is comprised of control-hungry cowards who are absolutely frightened of the notion that perhaps ANYBODY would publicly say something bad about them.  they want to completely control any and all dialog pertaining to their business.  corporate america thinks they're hated because of the money they make.  that's not why.  it's because of their culture of control and cowardice.

another note:
i'm not only surprised that this domain wasn't registered before it got it, but also that i've never received any threats demanding it be terminated (not that i'd listen).  i guess the suits at premiere radio/clear channel are convinced that the reach of this site is too small to bother with.

really?

250,000 page views for march, mother fuckers.

MV/Liberace!

one more note:
i had some pathetic cunt shoot me an email a couple weeks ago stating that he was the originator of the idea for GNS and that i stole the domain from him after reading his idea at godlikeproductions.

just thought you'd like something to laugh about.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on March 10, 2009, 11:03:11 AM
one more note:
i had some pathetic cunt shoot me an email a couple weeks ago stating that he was the originator of the idea for GNS and that i stole the domain from him after reading his idea at godlikeproductions.

What was the old saying...

"He who hesitates and doesn't copyright shit is lost"?  ;:)

Boomer

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on March 10, 2009, 11:00:30 AM
i've never received any threats demanding it be terminated (not that i'd listen).  i guess the suits at premiere radio/clear channel are convinced that the reach of this site is too small to bother with.

really?

250,000 page views for march

Bad mistake on their part with all the hits.

Really I can't see where they would have any basis or warrant for threats. Snorry alone provides enough fodder just about everytime he's on to keep this website perpetuating. I haven't seen any slander or lies in here the time I've been here. The more Snoory opens his mouth the more hits your gonna get!

Centurion73

one more note:

Damn, you used the word I wanted to use "cunt", that would explain the rash of GLP'ers that have slowly trickled in the last several days. Except for a very select few that place is trash and the people, mods, who run it are even worse people than Noory! In a way I hope you did not answer said mail as it really did not need it but if you did I do suppose you gave them a good "bitch slapping" that they deserved.

EvB

one more note:

Bwahahahaaaa   ;D

And as for this:

Quotei guess the suits at premiere radio/clear channel are convinced that the reach of this site is too small to bother with.

I gotta wonder if MAYBE they figured out they were flirting with "nuisance suit" fines if they kept being such crybabies.

EvB

Quote from: Centurion73 on March 10, 2009, 12:45:15 PM
In a way I hope you did not answer said mail as it really did not need it but if you did I do suppose you gave them a good "bitch slapping" that they deserved.

Oh, I think it's safe to assume that if MV did answer it - he said something, errr, pithy!

MV/Liberace!

well, hell... i guess for the purpose of entertaining all of you further, here is the email, douche in blue, me in red:

I could join your little forum but I'm still bitter you stole my domain idea. I posted my idea in godlike productions forum where you read it and took it away from me. I also posted a few things on ufo ship..about half of which you deleted because your panties bunched up and you got flustered by your inability to laugh at yourself.....but you do like the monks, and you had the balls to go to morocco and get a wife. I'll think about joining your little forum...but if I do I will make mince meat out of your puerile political views. I am hyper intelligent and I shouldn't even be allowed to socialize with most humans.

Ohh?and your advertising is gay and tactless.

hi, brain surgeon.  i didn't get the domain idea from you.  however, perhaps if you had $10, you could have registered the domain yourself.

please join my little forum.

cheers,
michael vandeven

by the way... what did i delete of yours at ufoship?

Hmm?I think I posted one time that I think politics in general, or talking about politics is extremely boring, in the sense most people only take two sides. Life is never that black and white. The other time you posted a video of the guy who accused Art Bell of being a child molester. I can?t remember what I posted but it might have been me questioning the purpose of you posting said video. I just don?t like having my mouth shut like that?.that would never happen in real life. Of course it is your website and you can run as you please. I wanted to join your forum because I hate noory so much and I love arguing with people ( I will take either side of an argument?.it doesn?t matter) but I was reluctant because I don?t like the feeling I get when I try to participate in a discussion and I get silenced. I never posted anything offensive or racist. I simply challenge people on an intellectual level and force them to look at themselves in a mirror. Most don?t like what they see.

But really you are alright in my book?I was just giving you a hard time.

p.s. don rickles rules.

ahh... i remember what you said on ufoship (which, by the way, is the ONLY thing of yours i ever removed).

when i posted the gunderson video, you said, "art bell a kid toucher, say it ain't so..." or something to that effect, suggesting some aspect of the whole accusation against art was true.  the reason i removed it should be obvious.  a choice between getting sued and making a member of my website angry at me isn't a choice.

and that political comment you made is so innocuous and bland that there's no reason in hell i would ever consider removing something like that.  have you seen the things people say to me on GNS about my political opinions?  they don't get their posts removed.  nor did you.

i am so profoundly sick of the whole censorship accusation being leveled against me.  it's completely without merit and is usually used when someone has some other beef with me but doesn't know how to articulate it.

Centurion73

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on March 11, 2009, 12:03:18 PM

hi, brain surgeon.  i didn't get the domain idea from you.  however, perhaps if you had $10, you could have registered the domain yourself.

please join my little forum.

cheers,
michael vandeven

OUCH! Slayed them with kindness I see, I like the "brain surgeon" comment and the $10, fucking classic.

Let Evil feel thy sting!