• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Marijuana

Started by Marc.Knight, March 20, 2010, 01:13:07 PM

Quote from: Schlyder7 on September 09, 2016, 10:37:48 PM
It is still hypocritical of you to say you give alcohol a pass because it hasn't effected you or your family, and yet be against legalizing cannabis, which the prohibition of has suredly caused more problems and horror stories than it prevented.

It is hypocritical. I agree with you but then I would have to be a complete teetotaller to be otherwise and I don't want to do that.  :-[  I can't defend myself on that point.  I just don't think it is a good idea to let everything be legal.  I say we keep it in the bottle if we can.  If we can't, oh well.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on September 09, 2016, 10:19:56 PM
all i know about the stuff is..when i was doing it..it made me sleepy lol

maybe if i keep up with not being able to sleep i will go back to it lol

There are a lot of different strains of marijuana with quite a wide variety of effects. There are a plethora of websites now that are essentially databases of marijuana strains and the reported effects of. Some are pretty good and others not so much. They at least serve to document people's experience with them. I don't like strains that make me sleepy either (unless I'm trying to sleep, of course). Other strains can be quite uplifting. I usually prefer those.

http://www.marijuana.com/strains/

https://www.leafly.com/start-exploring

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 09, 2016, 10:49:40 PM
There are a lot of different strains of marijuana with quite a wide variety of effects. There are a plethora of websites now that are essentially databases of marijuana strains and the reported effects of. Some are pretty good and others not so much. They at least serve to document people's experience with them. I don't like strains that make me sleepy either (unless I'm trying to sleep, of course). Other strains can be quite uplifting. I usually prefer those.

Eww you just told trostol to self explore  :o

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 09, 2016, 10:49:40 PM

One of the many reasons why I'm for full out legalization. Refinement of brand and ability to pick and choose what works best for one; otherwise, it's the luck of the street... and that ain't good.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on September 09, 2016, 10:51:08 PM
Eww you just told trostol to self explore  :o

I don't think I did. I'm not even sure how that would work but I'm imagining a flurry of tentacles.  ;)

Quote from: mikuthing01 on September 09, 2016, 10:58:55 PM
tentacles?

That's the censored version.  Where is the uncensored version?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on September 09, 2016, 10:54:18 PM
One of the many reasons why I'm for full out legalization. Refinement of brand and ability to pick and choose what works best for one; otherwise, it's the luck of the street... and that ain't good.

Exactly! Let's take it out of the hands of criminals and then a lot of the problems associated with it will be gone. As long as it's criminalized it creates a vacuum that crime fills because the demand is still there. Adults should be free to make their own decisions about their lives and will anyway, no matter how much we try to restrict something. Our system should seek to facilitate this while minimizing risks and damages. Of course, people need to be able to make informed decisions to this end and so more information is always better in my mind.

mikuthing01

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 09, 2016, 11:01:52 PM
That's the censored version.  Where is the uncensored version?

*sigh* de geso

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 09, 2016, 11:04:07 PM
Exactly! Let's take it out of the hands of criminals and then a lot of the problems associated with it will be gone. As long as it's criminalized it creates a vacuum that crime fills because the demand is still there. Adults should be free to make their own decisions about their lives and will anyway, no matter how much we try to restrict something. Our system should seek to facilitate this while minimizing risks and damages. Of course, people need to be able to make informed decisions to this end and so more information is always better in my mind.

Implying that the government and corporations that take over its production arent criminals  :-\

Quote from: norland2424 on September 09, 2016, 11:05:55 PM
Implying that the government and corporations that take over its production arent criminals  :-\

Just wait 'til they add in the federal and state sin taxes.  It'll still be cheaper to get it on the black market, I bet.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on September 09, 2016, 11:05:55 PM

Not at all! I think you can glean from previous posts that I think the opposite. They're some of the biggest, most sophisticated criminals. However, I'd have to site the US government as the biggest drug dealer in modern history.  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 09, 2016, 11:04:07 PM

I agree with every word of that.

And if I hear one more person say 'tax the hell out of it', I swear I'm going to bitch slap them. Like we need more taxes! Ironically, it's often the very same people who believe that it should only be available for medical purposes. Uh, don't they get that it being used only for medicinal uses and taxing it makes it a taxed medicine? Meds are not supposed to be taxed. You know damn well the politicians would love that opening up the door down that slippery slope to taxing all meds.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Schlyder7 on September 09, 2016, 09:12:06 PM
Smoke em if you got em. 
For you anti-cannabis retards.... go pound your nuts flat with a ball peen hammer.

Yeah, that's you chilled out....  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 09, 2016, 11:07:18 PM
Just wait 'til they add in the federal and state sin taxes.  It'll still be cheaper to get it on the black market, I bet.

Unfortunately, that's sort of the way it is now. People are at least paying street prices and are often paying a little more for the privilege of buying it legally. Hopefully, the market will adjust more favorably to the demand side in time.

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on September 09, 2016, 11:10:46 PM
I agree with every word of that.

And if I hear one more person say 'tax the hell out of it', I swear I'm going to bitch slap them. Like we need more taxes! Ironically, it's often the very same people who believe that it should only be available for medical purposes. Uh, don't they get that it being used only for medicinal uses and taxing it makes it a taxed medicine? Meds are not supposed to be taxed. You know damn well the politicians would love that opening up the door down that slippery slope to taxing all meds.

The feds will make an exception.  Just wait and see.  They've never met a tax that they didn't like.

norland2424

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 09, 2016, 11:14:54 PM

The feds will make an exception.  Just wait and see.  They've never met a tax that they didn't like.

And there is a difference with someone who's using it medically for cancer treatment than trostol as a sleep aid.

For the record, I hate the whole concept of sin taxes.  Besides such taxes are unconstitutional due to separation of church and state.  You can't legislate morality.  <tongue is firmly set in cheek>

pate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_BqC9IIuKU

'MuricaNS, of the TrooType, callously call'em, calloWhales.

Catsmile

I don't know anyone who wants to seriously legalize drugs, although I'm sure they exists. I do know many people who want drugs decriminalized. Legalize implies having no laws in place whatsoever about drugs/controlled substances. Decriminalization would allow Society/Government to treat drug addiction as an illness, and not a criminal offense. The Police/Justice System shouldn't practice medicine, and Medicine shouldn't be Law Enforcement.

You can have all the anti-drug laws you want passed, like we do now, and more. Some parts of the world have the death penalty in place if caught selling or using drugs, they still have drug problems. Hows Americas prohibition, and war on drugs been working out for the last 70 , 40+ years respectively?

Most of my adult life I've never understood why we want to make people criminals who have a serious medical condition, for the simple act of using possessing "some" drugs. If a person gets addicted to legal drugs, or the decriminalized drugs they are an addict who needs medical treatment. Get addicted to the "bad" drugs and you are stigmatized, and a criminal. A bad person who needs shoved into a cage with the other thieves, molesters, rapist, murders.  :o 

Sill anti-drug zealot? Maybe moving to the Philippines will scratch your anti-drug itch. Where just being accused of using or dealing drugs gets you killed on the spot. No trails, just an accusation is good enough. What could go wrong? 

Hautex

In the 70' and 80's, we didn't experiment with drugs, we were into full scale research... That being said, I took a trip to my old stomping grounds (research facility) in Washington State, looking up some old friends and learned some life changing facts. 1st, I have to say that I have never seen any personal dangers in pot use and looked forward to baking myself to a pain-free bliss. The VA has has me taking 4 Vicodin 10's/day for over 10 years for my legitimately broken body. 
    After the 1st day there, witnessed my old friend exhaling a hit in a room so full of smoke I swear that we were in China, with his 18 month old grandson on his lap. The parents were also truly fried so they saw no harm.... I apologized and headed to a hotel instead of staying there. That was the last time I called him a friend and contacted children's services because nobody else seemed to care for the little guy.
    Then I headed to see a girl I have known since the 70's, who also lost the love of her life, because the idea of living this life out alone truly sucks. Her household consisted of her 3 adult children, 3 grandchildren, and her ex son-in-law. None of whom can live life on their own drive and determination. Pot had a lot to do with the situation(s).
   So, back home a week early with a revised opinion about legalizing pot. Still in favor for the medical effects legalizations, but dead set against legalizing it for everyone. You know, maybe the over indulgences I saw were due to the newness of the law, but have my doubts.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: HAUnted TEXan on January 05, 2017, 08:26:08 AM
   In the 70' and 80's, we didn't experiment with drugs, we were into full scale research... That being said, I took a trip to my old stomping grounds (research facility) in Washington State, looking up some old friends and learned some life changing facts. 1st, I have to say that I have never seen any personal dangers in pot use and looked forward to baking myself to a pain-free bliss. The VA has has me taking 4 Vicodin 10's/day for over 10 years for my legitimately broken body. 
    After the 1st day there, witnessed my old friend exhaling a hit in a room so full of smoke I swear that we were in China, with his 18 month old grandson on his lap. The parents were also truly fried so they saw no harm.... I apologized and headed to a hotel instead of staying there. That was the last time I called him a friend and contacted children's services because nobody else seemed to care for the little guy.
    Then I headed to see a girl I have known since the 70's, who also lost the love of her life, because the idea of living this life out alone truly sucks. Her household consisted of her 3 adult children, 3 grandchildren, and her ex son-in-law. None of whom can live life on their own drive and determination. Pot had a lot to do with the situation(s).
   So, back home a week early with a revised opinion about legalizing pot. Still in favor for the medical effects legalizations, but dead set against legalizing it for everyone. You know, maybe the over indulgences I saw were due to the newness of the law, but have my doubts.

And then you have guys like Sagan who smoked it everyday and did math and theoretical physics and wrote books and shit...so there's that counterpoint.  ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: HAUnted TEXan on January 05, 2017, 08:26:08 AM
The VA has has me taking 4 Vicodin 10's/day for over 10 years

witnessed my old friend exhaling a hit in a room so full of smoke I swear that we were in China, with his 18 month old grandson on his lap.

That was the last time I called him a friend and contacted children's services

Quote“He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.”

Jackstar

Quote from: Catsmile on September 09, 2016, 11:44:03 PM
Legalize implies having no laws in place whatsoever about drugs/controlled substances.

Wow, I thought the other guy was frightening, but you're so stupid that you legitimately appear insane.

So, is that the alcohol talking, or the fluoride? Asking for a friend.

aldousburbank

I believe that there are only two times when smoking weed is appropriate-
A. When you don't know what to do next.
B. When you figured out what to do next.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 29, 2017, 09:36:54 PM
I believe that there are only two times when smoking weed is appropriate-
A. When you don't know what to do next.
B. When you figured out what to do next.

I'd buy that for a dollar! Got any particular favorite strains? I'm a big fan of most strains of Kush myself. They always seem to hit me right and not make me too sleepy.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 29, 2017, 09:41:59 PM
I'd buy that for a dollar! Got any particular favorite strains? I'm a big fan of most strains of Kush myself. They always seem to hit me right and not make me too sleepy.

My peculiarities require an energizing lifter, one with cerebral stimulation and no couch-lock potential as I have a physically active and demanding lifestyle. And honestly I use very little in terms of quantity; an eighth of an ounce can easily last me two months or more so I like a strain that is consistently potent. Therefore, the winner of the prestigious Burbank strain of the year for now going on several consecutive years- Sour Diesel. So specific is its 'nose' that here in NorCal in the fall you know who's got it in their patch just by driving down the road. The Stinkanator

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 29, 2017, 10:01:07 PM
My peculiarities require an energizing lifter, one with cerebral stimulation and no couch-lock potential as I have a physically active and demanding lifestyle. And honestly I use very little in terms of quantity; an eighth of an ounce can easily last me two months or more so I like a strain that is consistently potent. Therefore, the winner of the prestigious Burbank strain of the year for now going on several consecutive years- Sour Diesel. So specific is its 'nose' that here in NorCal in the fall you know who's got it in their patch just by driving down the road. The Stinkanator
Not that I'd advise or use, since I don't live in a legal place, but curious about this "oil" stuff. Neighbor has gotten into it and claims, looks like the legal "tobacco" vaping smoke deal and no smell. He was using it openly in a bar and so seems to be true. Also claims, "consistency" and so no 'too much' for being in public and "you know what you get." Though offered a drunk chick some hits and a half-hour later or so she was seen being walked out by her friend with a "zombie look" described. And then puked everywhere. To his credit when others were saying "bail man" he brought out tons of paper towels and help her clean up and didn't leave with her (so no 'date rape' type of scenario, but I guess the stuff was stronger than she expected?)

ps: I know someone who is sorta ike you. Is active. The contradiction of the stereotype. He seems to be motivated by weed, not sit on couch or eat Fritos.  Not everyday but weekends etc. Will wake and bake and mow the lawn, clean the gutters, edge the lawn, fix a fence, clean the pool, and place looks PRISTINE and then go fishing or change the oil in his truck or something. It is bizarre, compared to the stereotype of a lazy stoner. I need to ask what stain he uses. America could use it!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 29, 2017, 10:01:07 PM

Yeah, most Diesel varieties I've tried have been great too. It's one of the higher potency THC strains, for sure. Years ago, when I was a lot younger and marijuana came from exotic locales (rather than someone's basement) I remember getting a variety of Hawaiian that blew my mind but any Hawaiian variety I've tried since has paled in comparison.