• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Morgus on May 06, 2018, 10:29:38 PM
I see Airyn Bell posted on Art Bell's facebook page early today:

Where does this woman get off trying to shine the spotlight on herself when everybody knows it is HEATHER who is in mourning? So selfish.

/sarcasm

trostol

Quote from: mv on May 06, 2018, 11:31:48 PM
Where does this woman get off trying to shine the spotlight on herself when everybody knows it is HEATHER who is in mourning? So selfish.

/sarcasm

Dr Who

Quote from: Lunger on May 06, 2018, 06:18:25 AM
Paglini...that old fraud.  You are right about the mid-nineties shows.  It was all new back then.  By the 2000's though it is just a bunch of re-hashed same-ol same-ol.

I love how, on the old shows, Art would tell us how his current guest; Morton, Dames, Scallion....et al have a hit rates of 90- 100% as evidenced by their newsletters but somehow going forward with predictions during a given show the prediction rate always seems to be zero.

Good times.  Good times.

basswood

Quote from: rangerdavid on May 06, 2018, 05:02:20 PM

Where is the link to the download of this megapack please??

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5ec9255fb9fe4587ffc908bdcab893388b33979b&dn=The%20Ultimate%20Art%20Bell%20Collection&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337%2fannounce

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Hog on May 05, 2018, 12:18:10 PM
I'm just catching up on my backlog of Howard Stern episodes and on his April 16, 2018 episode, about 2 hours into the podcast version, not sure when it would be located on the live version, Howard spent about 20 minutes on the death of Art.  Robin was clueless and Howard while hearing about Art, knew surprisingly little about Art Bell.  Howard played a clip about a guy that called in to Art and talked about his craving for human blood, claiming he was a vampire.  The 2nd clip was a guy calling in reporting that the US gov is working with aliens from another world.  This guy had a his voice disguised, so Howard started a small bit with his own voice disguised.
Howard did comment that had heard about the firing guns incident near Arts home.

He then went on to announcing Mitzi Shores death. Pauly Shores Mom.

peace
Hog

Very cool, I'll have to listen to this.

https://youtu.be/1Vj-SDVXdV0
I'll leave this here, maybe a few of out there will enjoy this.

Kolchak

Jesus Christ. This hits pretty hard. Between all the goofs and gaffes about Heather, it's easy to lose track of what Airyn is going through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui4at87SCB0

Rix Gins

Quote from: Kolchak on May 07, 2018, 03:30:01 AM
Jesus Christ. This hits pretty hard. Between all the goofs and gaffes about Heather, it's easy to lose track of what Airyn is going through.

It certainly is.  I wish I could have sent her and the kids a card of sympathy. 

Kolchak

Quote from: Rix Gins on May 07, 2018, 03:37:54 AM
It certainly is.  I wish I could have sent her and the kids a card of sympathy.

I can't even comment on her post because I was never facebook friends with Art. He was consistently maxed out on friends since 2013.

But yes, it's bittersweet to hear what she's going through. She's clearly not one for the media spotlight, unlike Heather The Leg(acy)â,,¢ Wade.

I really wish she'd release a statement, but I know she doesn't owe us one. Plenty on her plate right now.

bellNwhistle

If you click on her profile, you can see that her profile picture is animated. Art holding the baby.  :'(

I do feel really bad for her, and her kiddos.

ponyboysunset

Listening to Art Midnight in the Desert shows. I don't remember a lot of them so they are almost new to me. At the being of the Basiago show he gives bellgab a shout out. Those were the days. Everyone together and everyone having fun.

Kolchak

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 07, 2018, 06:20:34 AM
Listening to Art Midnight in the Desert shows. I don't remember a lot of them so they are almost new to me. At the being of the Basiago show he gives bellgab a shout out. Those were the days. Everyone together and everyone having fun.

Sad to think Art spent his final years shittalking Belgabbers via email responses that only MV could see, posting vague political predictions on facebook and tweeting at Direct Tv for help. I at least hope he was spending time with family during the day and not constantly kowtowing to you know who.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Kolchak on May 08, 2018, 01:52:49 AM
Sad to think Art spent his final years shittalking Belgabbers via email responses that only MV could see, posting vague political predictions on facebook and tweeting at Direct Tv for help. I at least hope he was spending time with family during the day and not constantly kowtowing to you know who.

Really puts things into perspective.

Quote from: Kolchak on May 08, 2018, 01:52:49 AM

Actually he was lucky, a lot of people have to work in their retirement. I've seen Walmart greeters with humpbacks who can barely stand. Most old people turn into grouches, may we all be so lucky to be worried about nonsense in our 70s.

Hells Mole

I just watched a film called "Abduct" that is listed as the last thing Art Bell did.  It's from 2016.
I have to think it's been discussed here already.
I was hoping Art Bell was physically in it but it's just his voice, though it is all clearly recorded for the movie.  They even have a computer at one point that has that last promotional photo and it says "Midnight Under the Stars with Art Bell".  The Smoking Man from X-Files is one of the main actors.  The movie itself is basically TV quality production.  The first half is better than the last half.  The movie brings up a lot of things people believe are true, and some of which are definitely true, but fringe.  They pack it all into one mangled mess so it's goofy.  It's definitely a nod to Art Bell and his fans, however poorly executed.  It does occur to me that, well, Art is clearly not very convincing when he's "acting".  Even when it was just "voice acting" he couldn't make himself sound like when he was really doing his radio show.  So perhaps he was a lot more genuine than people think when he was on the air.

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 08, 2018, 07:09:02 AM
I just watched a film called "Abduct" that is listed as the last thing Art Bell did.  It's from 2016.
I have to think it's been discussed here already.
I was hoping Art Bell was physically in it but it's just his voice, though it is all clearly recorded for the movie.  They even have a computer at one point that has that last promotional photo and it says "Midnight Under the Stars with Art Bell".  The Smoking Man from X-Files is one of the main actors.  The movie itself is basically TV quality production.  The first half is better than the last half.  The movie brings up a lot of things people believe are true, and some of which are definitely true, but fringe.  They pack it all into one mangled mess so it's goofy.  It's definitely a nod to Art Bell and his fans, however poorly executed.  It does occur to me that, well, Art is clearly not very convincing when he's "acting".  Even when it was just "voice acting" he couldn't make himself sound like when he was really doing his radio show.  So perhaps he was a lot more genuine than people think when he was on the air.

You can hear the same thing in his segments from the game 'Prey'. Fun, but obviously not genuine.

I think deep down inside, Art was miserable. Had so much bad stuff happen to him with Premier, Ramona dying, the rape of his son, etc.

Possibly, the greatest mistake that he made was retiring the first time from the true passion of his life.

Hells Mole

Quote from: fromwomewhereoutthere on May 08, 2018, 01:28:35 PM
I think deep down inside, Art was miserable. Had so much bad stuff happen to him with Premier, Ramona dying, the rape of his son, etc.

Possibly, the greatest mistake that he made was retiring the first time from the true passion of his life.

I don't even remember what ended up being the reason he quit in 1998.  I remember that night so well.  I had been such a C2CAM addict for like five years or something by then and then he just said at the very end of the show that it was his last broadcast.  I remember jumping into the IRC chat and somebody claimed to be picking up Art on Ham after the show saying that there were people with guns on his property or something.  I didn't know what to think.  Jeff Rense asked me for my copy of the transcript and so did Keith.  Keith told me it was BS and Art wasn't on Ham that night.  I never knew what really happened but it was such a shocker.  He came back a few weeks or a month later or something but it was just a nightmare at the time.  By the time he started serially quitting in the 2000's I wasn't an avid listener anymore due to dealing with all kinds of unpleasant life tragedies of my own.  By the time I was in a position to listen regularly again he was just a part timer.  I did hear the show where he said "George gets it".  I did feel cheated when he told us on here last year that he just said that crap because the network executive asked him to but never really believed it himself because I thought he was serious at the time.  How could I take his comments on Heather seriously when he disingenuously commended George?

Tricky-D

This cracked me up, if you go to http://www.premierenetworks.com/Pages/Category.aspx?type=Talk Premier Radio Networks still has Art’s face right next to Snoory on their list of talk shows.

cweb

Quote from: Tricky-D on May 08, 2018, 11:06:17 PM
This cracked me up, if you go to http://www.premierenetworks.com/Pages/Category.aspx?type=Talk Premier Radio Networks still has Art’s face right next to Snoory on their list of talk shows.

They still do run Somewhere in Time. And probably will as long as they can. I'd wager that it's a better draw than a lot of stuff out there.

AppealPlay

Sure, or maybe he was just an asshole.  I don't know.  I'm less concerned with Art Bell as a person than I am with Art Bell the radio personality.

AppealPlay

Quote from: cweb on May 09, 2018, 05:38:39 AM
They still do run Somewhere in Time. And probably will as long as they can. I'd wager that it's a better draw than a lot of stuff out there.

I would be genuinely shocked if Jorch gets better ratings than the two decade old reruns the cozeners at Premiere spin on SIT.

Not sure if it's come up yet but Brad Steiger has passed away.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Professor Professor on May 09, 2018, 09:40:35 AM

It's a weird feeling when you learn of someone's passing that you thought was already long since dead.

You all should know the old saying  "you reap what you sow" and Art sowed a lot of bad karma in his life. :-\

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Professor Professor on May 09, 2018, 09:40:35 AM

wikipedia’s Waiting...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Steiger

Quote from: AppealPlay on May 09, 2018, 09:59:16 AM
It's a weird feeling when you learn of someone's passing that you thought was already long since dead.

Heh heh, fair play to that. Was never a huge fan but given his book with Art and the two going within a month of each other, I felt it might be interesting to some.

DanTSX

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 30, 2018, 05:30:06 PM
Could have been desperate to bring a son into this world whom he could be proud of.

And then abandon....

Quote from: cweb on May 09, 2018, 05:38:39 AM

I hope it never ends.  One of the best things ever is to tune into a random late night AM station on a weekend and hear an old Art Bell show.  I don't even listen to Noory anymore, it's simply impossible.  Coast To Coast AM is forever Art Bell for me and it would be nice for future generations of radio kiddos to hear the original show as it was meant to be.

Quote from: AppealPlay on May 09, 2018, 09:29:02 AM
Sure, or maybe he was just an asshole.  I don't know.  I'm less concerned with Art Bell as a person than I am with Art Bell the radio personality.

Art was an unapologetic asshole and that's exactly why he was successful in life, just like many other "very successful" (popular) people.  If Art had been a "nice guy" and a "good father" as many of you here seem to desire then most likely you would never have even known he existed because he would have stayed with his first wife and settled down into a nice comfortable mediocre life like most other "good fathers" do.  He never would have reached the levels of dedication and success in radio that he did.

Do yourself a favor and read "The Art of Talk" if you haven't already, it'll help you understand him much better.  It did for me, at least.  His life made a lot more sense to me after reading that book.  It seems like a lot of posters here just don't "understand" the type of person he was.

albrecht

Was bingeing Malachi Martin n Art. Interesting comments by Father Martin AND Art with regard to suicide and doctor assisted suicide and 'palative medicine' that 'hastens but does not cause death,' homosexuality, trannies, pedos, and stuff. Some more interesting now both dead and the more unsavory and bad events in Art's and MM's lives, organizations, and drama. And listening to predictions and politics of MM etc.  RIP Both.
ps: MM says "he went beyond the DATA!" Pulling an RCH with regard to Jung. Ha.