• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on June 21, 2018, 05:49:46 PM
Good Catholic kid Norry who can't talk S-E-X,even very bland, normal stuff, or as related in religious texts on C2C- because it is a 'family show.' Wonder what mommy thinks about his sexual views and claims of dating "lotsa women"? Just pandering to the zeitgeist since he wants to ingrain himself in LA/Hollywood? Regardless of his views, or anyones, the "live and let leave" or "do what you wanna do," "if it feels good do it" is not a Christian, or Catholic or most mainstream religion, or moral philosophical (historically,) doctrines but more of a nebulous new-agey theory. Though he does throw in a "if you are not hurting anyone," so I guess that is his out? Divorces or cheating doesn't hurt people? Diseases can't be spread and doesn't hurt people?....
Well, he didn't rise in sports so I guess Hollywood will do, lol.

Jojo

Geez, I hate that song, "C'mon Baby, Light My Fire".

I'm pretty sure it's the woman who needs the warm up.  Like 99% of the time...

Oh, and now we get the covet-yer-neighbor's-wife song again  ::).

Fourteen

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 22, 2018, 04:08:59 AM
Geez, I hate that song, "C'mon Baby, Light My Fire".
Fourteen

That song has one of the most imaginative guitar riff sets of its day. Hard to imagine anyone actually hating it... :-\

Jackstar

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 22, 2018, 02:13:47 PM
That song has one of the most imaginative guitar riff sets of its day. Hard to imagine anyone actually hating it... :-\

It's not that hard. Someone told him to do something he didn't wanna do while it was playing. Easy peasy.

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on June 22, 2018, 02:21:55 PM

It's not that hard. Someone told him to do something he didn't wanna do while it was playing. Easy peasy.

:o

I can't recall another tune of that era which followed a similar progression.

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/Robby_Krieger_The_Doors_Distinctive_Fret_Master

Thanks to his parents’ extensive record collection, Krieger grew up being smitten with classical music and flamenco guitar, as well as blues, jazz, R&B, country, and folk. Like millions of kids in the 1950s, when he heard Elvis Presley, it was all over. But while Krieger often wore his influences on his sleeve, he still managed to create an extremely identifiable style and a sound unlike anyone else’s.

https://www.guitarplayer.com/guitaraficionado/the-doors-robby-krieger-talks-light-my-fire

“It was the kind of solo that I usually did, but it was different every night. To be honest, the one on the album is not one of my better takes. I only had two tries at it. But it’s not bad; I’m glad that it was as good as it was.”

http://www.guitartonetalk.com/2014/02/08/how-to-get-robby-kriegers-guitar-tone/

So that’s it, all in all a Gibson SG, Fender tube amp, and a fuzz pedal are the main pieces of equipment needed and then playing with your fingernails and learning his playing style will get you the rest of the way.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 22, 2018, 03:06:04 PM
:o

I can't recall another tune of that era which followed a similar progression.

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/Robby_Krieger_The_Doors_Distinctive_Fret_Master

Thanks to his parents’ extensive record collection, Krieger grew up being smitten with classical music and flamenco guitar, as well as blues, jazz, R&B, country, and folk. Like millions of kids in the 1950s, when he heard Elvis Presley, it was all over. But while Krieger often wore his influences on his sleeve, he still managed to create an extremely identifiable style and a sound unlike anyone else’s.

https://www.guitarplayer.com/guitaraficionado/the-doors-robby-krieger-talks-light-my-fire

“It was the kind of solo that I usually did, but it was different every night. To be honest, the one on the album is not one of my better takes. I only had two tries at it. But it’s not bad; I’m glad that it was as good as it was.”

http://www.guitartonetalk.com/2014/02/08/how-to-get-robby-kriegers-guitar-tone/

So that’s it, all in all a Gibson SG, Fender tube amp, and a fuzz pedal are the main pieces of equipment needed and then playing with your fingernails and learning his playing style will get you the rest of the way.

He always seemed like more of a jazz player than your typical rock guitarist but I thought that was cool. 8)

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 22, 2018, 03:24:00 PM
He always seemed like more of a jazz player than your typical rock guitarist but I thought that was cool. 8)

Yep, jazz and flamenco - a very cool combination.

Another one who plays with unique flair is the incomparable Jeff Beck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMryWoRRqUc

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 22, 2018, 03:32:34 PM
Yep, jazz and flamenco - a very cool combination.

Another one who plays with unique flair is the incomparable Jeff Beck:

I was lucky enough to see him live a few years ago.

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 22, 2018, 02:13:47 PM
Love the tune; just not the words.  Great tune though, yeah.  Amazing.

Fickle Fourteen

BellHop

I have to ask - where are you all listening to George? I can't find the show running on TuneIn.

Norm

Quote from: BellHop on June 22, 2018, 11:08:59 PM
I have to ask - where are you all listening to George? I can't find the show running on TuneIn.

talkstreamlive although Clyde Lewis all Space Force tonight..

Morgus

Noory is off tonight, Richard Syrett is the guest host.

Dr. MD MD

albrecht

Nobody reposts them to youtube or even on torrents. "He's winding down, folks."

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on June 22, 2018, 11:22:42 PM

Nobody reposts them to youtube or even on torrents. "He's winding down, folks."
Not George, Richard.  For a few bucks (Insiders), you can listen in bulk at C2CAM.  I get it on radio.

Fourteen

Juan

I heard a couple of the callers last night. One was a woman complaining and complaining and complaining about her health issues. The othe was a man whose story was so convoluted I last track of it.  They both went on and on like Heather callers, which made me think they had few callers for open lines.

Dateline

I am rubbing my little mouse hands together.  This is juicy.  I went to my paranormal meeting this month, and many listen to Coast, so the topic of Norry just flowed.  I was all mouse ears on this one. 

Norry has a "goon squad" that tormented that poor women.  She had almost died in a house fire and was very traumatized anyway, or that is what I heard, so what did Norry do?  He traumatized her some more.  She is writing a book, with no release date yet.  Don't know if it is about Norry, but is about her traumas and the fight to stay strong. 

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on June 23, 2018, 11:04:37 PM
I am rubbing my little mouse hands together.  This is juicy.  I went to my paranormal meeting this month, and many listen to Coast, so the topic of Norry just flowed.  I was all mouse ears on this one. 

Norry has a "goon squad" that tormented that poor women.  She had almost died in a house fire and was very traumatized anyway, or that is what I heard, so what did Norry do?  He traumatized her some more.  She is writing a book, with no release date yet.  Don't know if it is about Norry, but is about her traumas and the fight to stay strong.
The attorney had a house fire??

Fourteen

Get rid of this Canadian loser Syrett, he's awful, not Connie Willis and Lisa Garr awful but bad enough. Tonight's guest is Canada's Edgar Casey  ::)

Metron2267

Disagree on Syrett - and his Conspiracy Show podcast is excellent too. 8)

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 24, 2018, 01:22:12 AM
Get rid of this Canadian loser Syrett, he's awful, not Connie Willis and Lisa Garr awful but bad enough. Tonight's guest is Canada's Edgar Casey  ::)
Wow, quite a catch!  I've been liking Richard a lot lately!  Well to each their own  :).

Fourteen

Dr. MD MD

I've found Syrett to be one of the better interviewers but I haven't listened t him in quite awhile.

mst3kpimp

I did'nt see anything here but George was on Alex Jones this week making nice and schilling for votes.  so gross.

https://youtu.be/4v0Tv4PxDSo

Mizak

© 2018 National Radio Hall Of Fame
National Radio Hall of Fame Announces 2018 Class of Inductees                                                                                Record-Breaking Half Million+ Votes Cast in Public Categories LOS ANGELES, June 25, 2018 – Voting results for the 2018 National Radio Hall of Fame's 24 nominations in six categories are in.  Four of the categories were decided by a voting participant panel comprised of nearly 1,000 industry professionals.  The other two categories were voted on by the public.  Listener voting was administered by Votem and overseen by the accounting firm of Miller Kaplan Arase.  They report an unprecedented level of listener participation with more than a half million votes cast for the two voting categories, Music Format On-Air Personality and Spoken Word On-Air Personality.  The increase is attributed to the competitive and creative campaigning waged by nominees. 
The inductees by public vote are: Mark Levin, The Mark Levin Show; syndicated by Westwood
One  Spoken Word On-Air Personality Kid Kelly, Backtrax USA with Kid Kelly; syndicated by Westwood One, on-air host and programmer, Sirius XM Hits 1 Music Format On-Air Personality
The inductees by the industry panel are: Jonathon Brandmeier, The Jonathon Brandmeier Show,
Chicago Active Local/Regional, 10+ years Jim Kerr, Rock and Roll Morning Show, Q104.3, New York Longstanding Local/Regional, 20+ years Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg, Mike & Mike, ESPN Audio Active Network/Syndication, 1
0+ years Dr. Laura Schlessinger, Dr. Laura, Sirius XM Stars 109 Longstanding Network/Syndication, 20+ years Additionally, the NRHOF nominating committee voted to induct four individuals for their contribution to the industry. 
Those inductees are: Nanci Donnellan, The Fabulous Sports Babe, a pioneering voice in local and national sports talk radio.
Mike Francesa, longtime afternoon drive host on WFAN AM/FM, The Fan, New York. Joan Hamburg, host of The Joan Hamburg Show on 77 WABC Radio and prior, WOR AM, and known as New York's "First Lady of Radio." Fred Jacobs, a creator of the Classic Rock music format, as well as a consultant to both commercial and public radio stations. NRHOF Chairman Kraig T. Kitchin comments, "It's our mission to recognize the most impactful personalities and individuals to our medium and honor them.  We're proud to induct these individuals for their contributions into the Radio Hall of Fame in 2018, our 30th year." The induction ceremony takes place Nov. 15 at New York City landmark Guastavino's located in midtown Manhattan.  Tickets are now available at www.radiohalloffame.com.  A portion of ticket purchases is a tax deductible charitable donation to the Museum.  Returning sponsors of the National Radio Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony include The Mix Group and V Creative.

NOORY DID NOT MAKE IT....Even with all his shilling!!!     
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

ItsOver

Quote from: Mizak on June 25, 2018, 05:21:41 AM
© 2018 National Radio Hall Of Fame
National Radio Hall of Fame Announces 2018 Class of Inductees                                                                                Record-Breaking Half Million+ Votes Cast in Public Categories LOS ANGELES, June 25, 2018 â€" Voting results for the 2018 National Radio Hall of Fame’s ....

NOORY DID NOT MAKE IT....Even with all his shilling!!!     
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!
;D  Congrats to Levin.  Don't forget to blame the Ruskies, Jorch.  Maybe you can try blaming little green men for stuffing the ballot box, too. 

Jojo

He'll always have my vote! 

And the Hall of Fame said there was heavy competition this year.

I nominated him for the upcoming year!

Fourteen