• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

Jojo

The cat has been watching You Tube cat entertainment for the first season in her very old life.  Today was all about squirrels.  So funny, afterward she went to nearest dog room, stuffed her cheeks with their dry food, brought it back and deposited it on her floor.  OMG.  Applying new knowledge immediately.  Such a character.  I didn't get annoyed; she needs all the diversion she can get.  Was lucky to even be out of the room, lately. 

Each day, she has to take a tiny sweet-tasting pill smaller than a BB.  Oh, how she fights about it!  Sometimes she tricks me and i find them later where she discarded them  Maybe I could slip it in when she is drowsy.  Or make it into a paste, somehow.  Not supposed to mix with food.

Fourteen

Jojo

http://youtubeonrepeat.com/watch/?v=d0dMskEQl4g
This is good background music.  Slow-paced, but has treble piano (single keys) melody, and the volume of each instrument moves.
Me

Metron2267

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@youtubeonrepeat.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.34 Server at youtubeonrepeat.com Port 80

???

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 29, 2018, 03:30:31 PM
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@youtubeonrepeat.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.34 Server at youtubeonrepeat.com Port 80

???

Here is a different link.  I've had difficulty with YouRepeat and video repeat services in general.  They don't work from some intruments & I don't know why.  That one part of your post is funny... "anything you might have done that may have caused the error" lol.  First they tell us we can't break computers, then they get all delicately blaming!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_5hQbafALg

Me

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 29, 2018, 04:53:15 PM
TNX - very cool! :)
yw!  Wifi  went down    my first smartfone  experience    guests please sign in    yes  this  ip is  me   lol   guess job search should have  come first today  oopsie    i hear construction outside   must have cut  an internet  line    well coulda   used the ip for a potshot lol   but sharing is more fun     is this  expensive

Dr. MD MD

The death of modern liberalism.

BobGrau

I was told that joy would bring me things. Did I readmis?

whoozit

BellGab, where autists think they are artists.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on February 18, 2019, 06:58:51 PM
BellGab, where autists think they are artists.

Kinda like how you though this would be funny? ???

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on February 19, 2019, 10:39:00 AM
"though" what? ::)

It’s called a typo, idiot. So very lonely with so much time on his hands. ::)

AZZERAE

The smell of coffee brewing.

AZZERAE

Fear, prejudice and superstition.

AZZERAE

Hot tea on a winter morning.

I was in traffic court years ago for a "California stop" at a right turn, caught on a redlight camera.

Sitting next to me was an older Vietnamese guy, fair to poor English. The kind of guy who dresses in his best suit and hat and brought his wife with him in HER best duds, just because he has that much respect, even though it's only traffic court. As he's shuffling through his papers, I see that he brought maybe six to eight letters what look like character reference letters from his church, employer, etc. Obviously he takes this very seriously. I wonder what his excuse is going to be.

The process is the same for every case. The prosecution plays a video of what the camera captured. The judge has a case file with pictures of the driver, the vehicle, and the license plate.  Each and every person up to this point claims that there must be some kind of mistake (didn't run the light, you got the wrong guy, etc.)  I try to mask a laugh by coughing as one guy watches his video and says, "No way that's me, man.  I dint run the light by that much."

Now it is the old Viet guy's turn.  He squeezes his wife's hand, rises, and makes his way up to the defendant's table.

I watch the video of his car blowing through a red light.  The POV is from the rear of the car.  This does not look like a car this man would drive.  This man does not look like someone who would speed up to blow through a red light.  This man, in fact, does not look like someone who has ever reached the speed limit while driving his car.

The prosecution drones out a set of facts and it's his turn to speak. In a soft but clear voice he pleads guilty.

The judge peers over his glasses at this guy, looks back at the paperwork in front of him, looks back at the guy.  There is a pregnant pause.  In a kindly voice, not present from this judge at any point earlier in the day, he tells the old fart that he can clearly see from the camera pictures that the driver is a man in his twenties who doesn't look a damn thing like this guy. So if he will just tell the Court who the REAL driver is, the judge will dismiss the case and ticket the actual driver.

The old guy seems to be struggling with both his understanding of the process and the English language.  He starts to say something, stops, looks back at his wife.  She nods, and he faces the judge again, and says in a surprisingly clear voice that no, it is my responsibility, please tell me what the fine is and I will pay it.

About this time I'm thinking that this old Viet guy is taking the fall for a relative, probably his son.  A son that doesn't appreciate the Old Paths and has been an ongoing burden to his family.

Apparently the judge thought so too, because he dismissed the case.

Jojo

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on June 01, 2019, 01:11:43 AM
I was in traffic court years ago for a "California stop" at a right turn, caught on a redlight camera.

Sitting next to me was an older Vietnamese guy, fair to poor English. The kind of guy who dresses in his best suit and hat and brought his wife with him in HER best duds, just because he has that much respect, even though it's only traffic court. As he's shuffling through his papers, I see that he brought maybe six to eight letters what look like character reference letters from his church, employer, etc. Obviously he takes this very seriously. I wonder what his excuse is going to be.

The process is the same for every case. The prosecution plays a video of what the camera captured. The judge has a case file with pictures of the driver, the vehicle, and the license plate.  Each and every person up to this point claims that there must be some kind of mistake (didn't run the light, you got the wrong guy, etc.)  I try to mask a laugh by coughing as one guy watches his video and says, "No way that's me, man.  I dint run the light by that much."

Now it is the old Viet guy's turn.  He squeezes his wife's hand, rises, and makes his way up to the defendant's table.

I watch the video of his car blowing through a red light.  The POV is from the rear of the car.  This does not look like a car this man would drive.  This man does not look like someone who would speed up to blow through a red light.  This man, in fact, does not look like someone who has ever reached the speed limit while driving his car.

The prosecution drones out a set of facts and it's his turn to speak. In a soft but clear voice he pleads guilty.

The judge peers over his glasses at this guy, looks back at the paperwork in front of him, looks back at the guy.  There is a pregnant pause.  In a kindly voice, not present from this judge at any point earlier in the day, he tells the old fart that he can clearly see from the camera pictures that the driver is a man in his twenties who doesn't look a damn thing like this guy. So if he will just tell the Court who the REAL driver is, the judge will dismiss the case and ticket the actual driver.

The old guy seems to be struggling with both his understanding of the process and the English language.  He starts to say something, stops, looks back at his wife.  She nods, and he faces the judge again, and says in a surprisingly clear voice that no, it is my responsibility, please tell me what the fine is and I will pay it.

About this time I'm thinking that this old Viet guy is taking the fall for a relative, probably his son.  A son that doesn't appreciate the Old Paths and has been an ongoing burden to his family.

Apparently the judge thought so too, because he dismissed the case.
That's a great story.  Judges must see the darndest things.

whoozit

30 minutes to rib time.  They have been smoking for 5-1/2 hours and my belly is rumbling.  Cervantes was correct.  Well, someone was.

albrecht

Quote from: whoozit on June 09, 2019, 04:03:05 PM
30 minutes to rib time.  They have been smoking for 5-1/2 hours and my belly is rumbling.  Cervantes was correct.  Well, someone was.
Pork or beef? I love beef ribs because you really feel like a dinosaur or cave-man eating those big boys but pork ribs are good also.

whoozit

Quote from: albrecht on June 09, 2019, 04:24:34 PM
Pork or beef? I love beef ribs because you really feel like a dinosaur or cave-man eating those big boys but pork ribs are good also.
Pork.