• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on April 11, 2018, 09:45:34 AM
Jobs American undergrads won't do:
"Undergraduate assistant Simon Campo spent 2 1/2 years helping the research lab. He said the different personalities of the squirrels sometimes made the field work challenging.“They’re pretty mischievous,” Campo said. “They go up on roofs, in bushes, up trees and jump from tree to tree. They were definitely hard to track at times; some squirrels were more so than others.”"
I enjoyed the idea of students scrambling "armed" with "various nuts" and "camcorders" following dyed squirrels for years.

Several yeares ago I had a co-worker who asked his neighbor's son to use his paintball gun to ambush grey squirrels raiding his birdfeeder.  The kid was apparently quite good, he nailed a number of squirrels and "painted" them various colors.  You could see the florescent green ones from 50 yards away, but the purple squirrels were the funniest.

paladin1991

Quote from: ItsOver on April 11, 2018, 09:09:54 AM
“What’s cool is that these animals are solving problems right under our feet and most people don’t realize it,” said Delgado, whose Ph.D. dissertation was on the complexity of squirrel behavior.

I believe we've all recognized this, possibly even before Delgado.  Zeebo "gets it," unlike certain bipeds. ;)

http://www.bakersfield.com/ap/national/study-uncovers-surprising-things-about-squirrels/article_68ce7f8d-a802-5e8e-a902-26991202499e.html

If squirrels are so smart.  How come they can't stay off my plate?

Burgeoning leaves are pretty in season...beautiful in the blowing wind

-just now

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/no-plan-to-protect-queenslands-green-haired-turtle-from-extinction/ar-AAvOWR6

The Australian government does not have a plan to save an endangered Australian turtle species that received global attention on Thursday for its green mohawk and its ability to breathe through its genitals.

Enough said.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 12, 2018, 06:20:07 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/no-plan-to-protect-queenslands-green-haired-turtle-from-extinction/ar-AAvOWR6

The Australian government does not have a plan to save an endangered Australian turtle species that received global attention on Thursday for its green mohawk and its ability to breathe through its genitals.

Enough said.

That’s some serious evolution happening there baby.

Enough said.

Made me think of this line from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

whoozit

Enough said.
Yeah, but can it ejaculate through its nose?

ItsOver

Enough said.
"its green mohawk and its ability to breathe through its genitals." Sounds like just another BellGabber.

albrecht

Enough said.
Egads! It looks like former BGer Kevinthehybrid, or whatever his handle was, during one of his shape-shifting, selfie taking days!

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 12, 2018, 07:26:01 PM
Egads! It looks like former BGer Kevinthehybrid, or whatever his handle was, during one of his shape-shifting, selfie taking days!
Ha!  I do see a resemblance.

albrecht

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 12, 2018, 07:42:50 PM
Except the turtle doesn't have mental illness.
Well, I'll bet if you asked your average box turtle or red-eared slider about him they might disagree.
ps: I hope Kevin got the proper help and is doing well.

Dr. MD MD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2BlyvN6EeI

OMG! We were so gross!  ;D

Kuralt's delivery is so soothing and comforting that he actually manages to soft sell this nightmare.

Masterful. 8)

albrecht

Gonna check out more estate sales or, if must, World Market, Pier One,etc. I want one of those globes that split open into a bar service. Summer soon and would be cool. Plus play some British globalist schemes and offer a drink to co-conspirator while planning intriques and wars on the globe. "So first we take Port Said then over....say old chap, fancy a whiskey, over the yardarm, wot?" "Ah, gin and tonic it is. Good choice. Got me through Burma, what a sticky wicket that was..."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on April 18, 2018, 10:47:22 PM
Gonna check out more estate sales or, if must, World Market, Pier One,etc. I want one of those globes that split open into a bar service. Summer soon and would be cool. Plus play some British globalist schemes and offer a drink to co-conspirator while planning intriques and wars on the globe. "So first we take Port Said then over....say old chap, fancy a whiskey, over the yardarm, wot?" "Ah, gin and tonic it is. Good choice. Got me through Burma, what a sticky wicket that was..."

Be a good lad and try to move them toward abolishing the monarchy, would you, old boy?

GravitySucks

It’s 4/20. Smoke em if you got them.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 20, 2018, 03:20:57 AM
It’s 4/20. Smoke em if you got them.

Sadly I only have kratom, also known as “Wishful Thinking.”

albrecht

Quote from: wr250 on April 20, 2018, 06:14:44 PM
its 4/20 . smoke em if you got em.
How Hitler's birthday became a stoner celebration has to be an interesting story....

aldousburbank

Quote from: albrecht on April 20, 2018, 06:27:10 PM
How Hitler's birthday became a stoner celebration has to be an interesting story....

Or was it the other way around man?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on April 20, 2018, 06:27:10 PM

FallenSeraph

WELCOME TO TENNESSEE, YAWL! I suggest IHOP.

(CNN) Nashville police are asking residents to lock their doors and stay alert after a seminude gunman killed four people at an area Waffle House.

"Keep your doors locked, keep your eyes open. If you see this individual -- if you see a nude guy walking around this morning -- call the police department immediately," Metro Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron said.

ItsOver

Quote from: FallenSeraph on April 22, 2018, 11:26:18 AM

(CNN) Nashville police are asking residents to lock their doors and stay alert after a seminude gunman killed four people at an area Waffle House.

"Keep your doors locked, keep your eyes open. If you see this individual -- if you see a nude guy walking around this morning -- call the police department immediately," Metro Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron said.
I saw that on Drudge this morning.  At first, I thought maybe HW had taken us up on the suggestion to get a real job, then had "second thoughts."  She probably wouldn't be mistaken for a nude guy, though.  Probably.

whoozit

Quote from: FallenSeraph on April 22, 2018, 11:26:18 AM

This is why I have never eaten at and always avoid Waffle House.  Each location seems to be a small Floridian Consulate.