• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Juan Cena

Quote from: brig on April 15, 2016, 01:03:24 AM
I'm a salad lover.  Sadly I love surf and turf too.  I grew up with meat.  I wish I could stop!  I LOVE animals!

So do I. They're delicious.

Quote from: comaphobe on April 15, 2016, 12:55:50 AM
i know Frenzy.. it was also on the songs in the key of x comp from the 90s.

did you know he opened up for the misfits once during a halloween show? it was the only time the misfits had a smoke machine for a show and screaming jay used up all their smoke and it pissed off the misfits. later on the misfits played smokeless but started the show by popping out of some coffins on stage. there is no video but i can find an audio clip from a promo spot on the uncle floyd show in NYC taped a few hours prior.

I think I've heard something about that.  I first heard this song on a Rhino box set of 50's rock 'n' roll that I have.  Then I bought a compilation of his music.

jazmunda

Quote from: rekcuf on April 15, 2016, 01:04:56 AM
IED's are nasty and unforgiving. I'm sorry for your loss.

As sad as it is my friend died doing something he loved and believed in. Probably would have preferred to go out with his weapon up and firing but he is missed.

swordpoint9

Quote from: rekcuf on April 15, 2016, 01:04:56 AM
IED's are nasty and unforgiving. I'm sorry for your loss.
It happens in War . That incident was what made me not watch TV . No one Died on that Attack it was made up . The hummer was On fire because the VBIED had caused the tires to catch Fire . THen when the Men and 1 Woman got out and into Our other Vehicles . The SSGT. Had to hit it with a AT 4 to destroy the Blueforce tracker . !

Quote from: swordpoint9 on April 15, 2016, 01:02:40 AM
I was there then . We had to traverse the Police academy on the foothills of Kurd  Mountains . Past The walls of Meniva to get to Mereze . We were ambushed a few times . One Vbeid . The CNN at the DFAC repoted that % MPs were dead from that inciudent . Shpwed their Hummer burning . You guys came to retrieve it . No one died ! At that Time I was working for ICITAP throiugh DOJ and SAIC !

If I remember correctly the action really started poppin' during Ramadan and before the election. IED's galore. Our unit took a lot of insurgent fire, and we took a lot of prisoners. Killed a lot too. Currently ISIS territory.

swordpoint9

Quote from: rekcuf on April 15, 2016, 01:10:05 AM
If I remember correctly the action really started poppin' during Ramadan and before the election. IED's galore. Our unit took a lot of insurgent fire, and we took a lot of prisoners. Killed a lot too. Currently ISIS territory.
That is correct . I used to call it the Most Violent place on the Planet . Then I went to COP Talukan in Afghanistan LOL! That was truely off the Hook . I worked with ODA at that time !

Hollow Man

Quote from: brig on April 15, 2016, 01:03:24 AM
I'm a salad lover.  Sadly I love surf and turf too.  I grew up with meat.  I wish I could stop!  I LOVE animals!

Vegetarianism is unnatural. It goes against millions of years of human evolution. I wouldn't feel too bad about it. Just be humane about it and call it good. That's my attitude.

Quote from: swordpoint9 on April 15, 2016, 01:11:47 AM
That is correct . I used to call it the Most Violent place on the Planet . Then I went to COP Talukan in Afghanistan LOL! That was truely off the Hook . I worked with ODA at that time !

Didn't have a chance to go to Afghanistan. Isolated outposts and steep terrain w/ ample cover for the enemy...yikes.

Lilith

Quote from: Hollow Man on April 15, 2016, 01:14:06 AM
Vegetarianism is unnatural. It goes against millions of years of human evolution. I wouldn't feel too bad about it. Just be humane about it and call it good. That's my attitude.

Thank You  :-*

jazmunda

I have a lot of respect for you brave bastards. Thank you.

swordpoint9

Quote from: rekcuf on April 15, 2016, 01:15:16 AM
Didn't have a chance to go to Afghanistan. Isolated outposts and steep terrain w/ ample cover for the enemy...yikes.
The Army was Hancuffed By the NEw ROE's . I wasnt't I was an Employee of an Afghan Company LOL!

Jackstar

Your collective angst over your fallen combatants can best be celebrated by a reminder that Bush did 9/11, and you've all been lied to for your entire lives.

REAP THE WHIRLWIND

Quote from: jazmunda on April 15, 2016, 01:18:33 AM
I have a lot of respect for you brave bastards. Thank you.

Yeah, but it's Australian respect. Pffft.

jazmunda

Quote from: Jackstar on April 15, 2016, 01:43:47 AM
Yeah, but it's Australian respect. Pffft.

Half Australian. I was conceived in International Waters.

73s

Quote from: MV on April 14, 2016, 10:59:25 PM
Keith said it to me in an email. "Enjoy your cesspool of shit."

Jesus! Class act.

73s

Quote from: akwilly on April 15, 2016, 12:33:33 AM
Falkie!!!!

Damn it, now I feel like I need to hear the replay just to hear his call, lol.  Also Juan, I think he called in. 

albrecht

I thought Heather/[Redacted] did a good job with the interview with Mr.Stalker (no, not Art's stalker but that is his name.) Maybe because I liked the subject and the guest spoke a lot or maybe because she was interested in the enemy, being a witch. A bit of some annoying cackling but a good job. Caller quality, except for a few, was lacking but that is expected. And she pronounced "sedevacantism" correctly, and even knew what that was!

WildCard

Quote from: albrecht on April 15, 2016, 07:59:37 PM
I thought Heather/[Redacted] did a good job with the interview with Mr.Stalker (no, not Art's stalker but that is his name.) Maybe because I liked the subject and the guest spoke a lot or maybe because she was interested in the enemy, being a witch. A bit of some annoying cackling but a good job. Caller quality, except for a few, was lacking but that is expected. And she pronounced "sedevacantism" correctly, and even knew what that was!

mArty Stalker, no less. The universe has a twisted sense of humor. 

But yeah, decent show. I actually listened to the whole thing.

Did a caller ask what Malachi thought of Pope's Benedict and Francis or, did I dream that?

Quote from: albrecht on April 15, 2016, 07:59:37 PM
maybe because she was interested in the enemy, being a witch.

Is that a little bit tongue in cheek? I'm less than her #1 fan but, I'm pretty sure she's not evil.

albrecht

Quote from: WildCard on April 15, 2016, 08:57:29 PM
mArty Stalker, no less. The universe has a twisted sense of humor. 

But yeah, decent show. I actually listened to the whole thing.

Did a caller ask what Malachi thought of Pope's Benedict and Francis or, did I dream that?

Is that a little bit tongue in cheek? I'm less than her #1 fan but, I'm pretty sure she's not evil.
Yah. Caller did ask that but towards end of show and Mr.Stalker hadnt had any info on that.

Bored and have nothing going on tonight so Ima give this a go. Wish me luck. Anyone listen to this still?

trostol

she cant just read the news badly she has to dramatize it badly too

Firefighter

Quote from: helloidistance on April 15, 2016, 10:01:49 PM
Bored and have nothing going on tonight so Ima give this a go. Wish me luck. Anyone listen to this still?

Uh..eh..um..WOW..I do..um..uh..and..just..WOW...gosh can you just imagine

SHE PAINTED a picture in my mind tho. I bet she practiced that quite a few times.

JesusJuice

Interesting topic and guest so far tonight. Heather's subs are getting bigger every day.

Quote from: trostol on April 15, 2016, 10:03:04 PM
she cant just read the news badly she has to dramatize it badly too

I could almost FEEL the earth move under my feet. ::)