• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 06, 2013, 02:36:35 AM
Intentional hell. I'm venting. It either that or go either insane or break down sobbing like Casio did, which I'm still not sure was an act.
I feel so many different emotions right now but paramount is that I wish right now I could drive to Pahrump, grab Art by the lapels and yell at him :

" What in the hell were you thinking, damnit ? "

It would feel so damned good.
Catharsis and all that.
It's gonna take a long time to get over THIS departure.
Somewhere in another timeline, that Art is looking at all this and marvelling at the chaos this created and shaking his head.
Because in that JJ Abrams timeline, that Art did it right.

What happened to your glasses, falkie? I noticed you're not wearing them in your vids recently.

George Drooly

Quote from: Jnthn932 on November 06, 2013, 02:27:15 AM
MV, I understand you want to moderate this forum as little as possible, but it's getting out of hand to the point that it's effecting Art negatively. It's time to bring out that ban hammer and ban some of these assholes who are bringing nothing here but negativity and RUINING what you and so many others built this place for in the first place. If all you have to add to the conversation is Art is a washed up POS and make personal attacks against him and his family then GTFO. We're pissed because the show ended and we want a solution to keep Art around. Sorry your life sucks so terribly that the only place left people respond to your negative bullshit is an Internet forum. GTFO, our help us communicate with Art to find a solution.

How long you been around here? Last I checked, the only folks he's banned have been those who act like moderators themselves.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: George Drooly on November 06, 2013, 02:37:49 AM
The dude's a chronic evader, we have no idea what he really thinks

Who gives a flying fuck? You could answer your question with more shows or have him disappear and never know. I'll take more shows if I can get them.

Nighthawk

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on November 06, 2013, 02:32:39 AM
Has Art posted just the one time in these past two days? So much to sift through.

Yes go search his name in the member list. Just a couple hours ago in fact.

Falkie2013

Quote from: George Drooly on November 06, 2013, 02:37:49 AM
The dude's a chronic evader, we have no idea what he really thinks

I must have missed something in Art's comments. All I could perceive is bitterness and anger at us.

OK, I'm willing to stop and wish I had something VERY hard liquorish to drink right now.
!@#$%^&*()_+

Hot chocolate, tea and endless cups of coffee just ain't cutting it right now.

Is it too late to start this week over from like Sunday and replay the NFL games that were a slaughterhouse and go from there ?

HumanBeing

Quote from: Jnthn932 on November 06, 2013, 02:27:15 AM
MV, I understand you want to moderate this forum as little as possible, but it's getting out of hand to the point that it's effecting Art negatively. It's time to bring out that ban hammer and ban some of these assholes who are bringing nothing here but negativity and RUINING what you and so many others built this place for in the first place. If all you have to add to the conversation is Art is a washed up POS and make personal attacks against him and his family then GTFO. We're pissed because the show ended and we want a solution to keep Art around. Sorry your life sucks so terribly that the only place left people respond to your negative bullshit is an Internet forum. GTFO, our help us communicate with Art to find a solution.

If you are offended by my opinion, I apologize.
Perhaps you should not visit a place were one can be is easily offended.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: George Drooly on November 06, 2013, 02:39:53 AM
How long you been around here? Last I checked, the only folks he's banned have been those who act like moderators themselves.

I'm not a moderator nor am I acting like it. I'm asking you what the fuck you're thinking to act like you are.

It's a lost cause, Art won't be coming back to Dark Matter. There have been plenty of encouraging, hopeful posts and he's so incredibly thin skinned that he couldn't see past the negatives. I don't fault anyone for being angry about him quitting, many who bought subscriptions and radio equipment expecting a show for three years only for it to turn into a six week affair. Long time fans are gun shy over the repeat retirements and saddened that his SiriusXM contract involved a two year non-compete agreement, which means he either works this out or is off the air. Right now it doesn't seem like he's trying to compromise one bit, instead choosing to place blame on others (this website, management not caving to his demands) rather than own up to what he's done.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 06, 2013, 02:41:58 AM
I'm not a moderator nor am I acting like it. I'm asking you what the fuck you're thinking to act like you are.

You're being hurtful and mean. Stop it!

I may have to hold hands with Art on the ledge I'm so sad!

HumanBeing

Those who are shouting that Art is suicidal please provide some proof of him threatening this and/or saying he was thinking about it... please provide some proof.
We are waiting for it. Otherwise, please zip it up on that matter. As far as I can see Art has said zero about being suicidal or feeling suicidal.

George Drooly

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 06, 2013, 02:41:58 AM

Are you illiterate or just blind? I wasn't quoting you, you narcissist.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 06, 2013, 02:39:01 AM
      I'm not acting. Your support of SR 71 spoke volumes. In slurred Corky speech.

Fucking right I supported him. I was smart enough to see that he wasn't quite right upstairs and I acted like a human and defended him. Why didn't you?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 06, 2013, 02:46:32 AM
Fucking right I supported him. I was smart enough to see that he wasn't quite right upstairs and I acted like a human and defended him. Why didn't you?

You were just trying to get in his pants. You exploit his kind for cheap thrills.

Sicko!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: George Drooly on November 06, 2013, 02:45:56 AM
Are you illiterate or just blind? I wasn't quoting you, you narcissist.

Hey, I've been asking you questions for the better part of an hour. How about backing up what you say? I'll ask again, why the negativity?

Heather Wade

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 06, 2013, 02:47:48 AM
        You were just trying to get in his pants. You exploit his kind for cheap thrills.

Sicko!

SR didn't wear pants.  He was an alien, and they don't need pants.

Jnthn932

Quote from: George Drooly on November 06, 2013, 02:39:53 AM
Haha I'm not even going to bother with someone who starts out an argument on an Internet forum based on who's "been around" longer. Like in your delusional world that somehow makes your opinion more important than mine. Lol get a life dude. Last I checked, this forum was created to talk about how bad Dave is and to give a place for Art Bell fans to congregate and talk about the good ole days. Art quit. It sucks. How much longer are we going to bitch about it?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 06, 2013, 02:47:48 AM

Sicko!

Really???? Are you seriously going to go that far??? You can't think of anything better than that? That's sad. Just friggen shameful sad.

George Drooly

Quote from: Jnthn932 on November 06, 2013, 02:49:39 AM
Haha I'm not even going to bother with someone who starts out an argument on an Internet forum based on who's "been around" longer. Like in your delusional world that somehow makes your opinion more important than mine. Lol get a life dude. Last I checked, this forum was created to talk about how bad Dave is and to give a place for Art Bell fans to congregate and talk about the good ole days. Art quit. It sucks. How much longer are we going to bitch about it?

I'm asking how familiar you are with the teacher before you go tattling on others... you may be the one who ends up in the corner

grano salis

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 06, 2013, 02:43:59 AM
It's a lost cause, Art won't be coming back to Dark Matter. There have been plenty of encouraging, hopeful posts and he's so incredibly thin skinned that he couldn't see past the negatives. I don't fault anyone for being angry about him quitting, many who bought subscriptions and radio equipment expecting a show for three years only for it to turn into a six week affair. Long time fans are gun shy over the repeat retirements and saddened that his SiriusXM contract involved a two year non-compete agreement, which means he either works this out or is off the air. Right now it doesn't seem like he's trying to compromise one bit, instead choosing to place blame on others (this website, management not caving to his demands) rather than own up to what he's done.

Agree.

Jnthn932

Quote from: HumanBeing on November 06, 2013, 02:41:17 AM
If you are offended by my opinion, I apologize.
Perhaps you should not visit a place were one can be is easily offended.
I'm not offended lol. I understand the frustration, I just don't understand the hate. I think all of us would like to see Art return and if he's now posting things like his last post then what we are saying is working against us.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 06, 2013, 02:50:58 AM
Really???? Are you seriously going to go that far??? You can't think of anything better than that? That's sad. Just friggen shameful sad.

Authorities were notified. Forced sodomy on a retarded alien is no joke.

George Drooly

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 06, 2013, 02:48:52 AM
Hey, I've been asking you questions for the better part of an hour. How about backing up what you say? I'll ask again, why the negativity?

"backing up what you say?" I wasn't aware opinions on message boards were held to the same standards as dissertations. I'll go back and footnote all my posts, one sec.

EarthAlien007

"We are sorry that Dark Matter on SiriusXM has come to an abrupt end. We'll examine our options and may be able to return in a different format and medium.

In the mean time, ArtBell.com will still operate as long as financially possible, hoping for a workable solution to bring Art back to you, soon. Keep checking back here often."

http://artbell.com/

hitfan

When Art Bell announced his comeback with the show on Sirius I suspected that it would be short-lived considering the drama that had occurred previously in the late 1990s and early 2000s when he quit and came back a number of times.

I admit disappointment that he has quit again, but it is what it is.  Nobody is perfect, and I am still a fan of Art Bell in spite of the issues and the baggage that goes with him.  Even though he was back for only 6 weeks, it was nice to hear that familiar voice that I used to listen to on the radio back in the day when I had problems falling asleep.  I even switched to a night shift IT job so I could listen to C2C at one point.

I'm not sure if I can ever go back to listening to George Noory, I was starting to dislike the post-Art Bell C2C AM even before "George Noory Sucks" started to catch on on the internet.  Where George Noory lacks in talent in comparison to Art Bell, he is certainly a much more reliable talk show radio host.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 06, 2013, 02:52:23 AM
     Authorities were notified. Forced sodomy on a retarded alien is no joke.

Yeah, that's a really intelligent way to respond. Nice supposed intelligence. Come on, take me on in reality, not slander. I dare you.

Jnthn932

Quote from: George Drooly on November 06, 2013, 02:51:20 AM
I'm asking how familiar you are with the teacher before you go tattling on others... you may be the one who ends up in the corner
LOL I'm giving my opinion. Sorry you don't like it. Isn't that exactly what you're doing?

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 06, 2013, 02:53:50 AM
"We are sorry that Dark Matter on SiriusXM has come to an abrupt end. We'll examine our options and may be able to return in a different format and medium.

In the mean time, ArtBell.com will still operate as long as financially possible, hoping for a workable solution to bring Art back to you, soon. Keep checking back here often."

http://artbell.com/

...In two years because of the non-compete agreement. Returning to Dark Matter isn't going to happen because Art doesn't want it.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 06, 2013, 02:54:33 AM
Yeah, that's a really intelligent way to respond. Nice supposed intelligence. Come on, take me on in reality, not slander. I dare you.

Ok. In all seriousness. You have to be the dimmest shitpile currently on the thread. A trematode beneath my contempt. May you expire while you sleep.

All due respect.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 06, 2013, 02:56:31 AM
...In two years because of the non-compete agreement.

We don't know everything behind the scenes. Art wants to come back or that wouldn't have been on his site. There's ways to work around things. Let's support Art and see how this plays out.

Truck2086

There is a legal precedence for a class action lawsuit for fraud here. Based on promises made and not kept.  Real people spent real money for a product that wasn't delivered in full.