• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

laserjock

Quote from: widespread1 on November 06, 2013, 10:10:39 AM
I seriously think that a good portion of participants in this forum are unstable. It is almost a very fascinating experiment to have Art say he quits and watch everyone who has all of their eggs in one basket lose their mind over it.
People in this forum are some of the meanest and thoughtless people I have ever come across and it seems like they dont even realize it. Its like oh yes this is completley rational behavior to cyberbully at least one person per day to the point of anxiety. Ill admit that I got caught up in this before and beat a dead horse on a subject but since then I have noticed that I was indeed rational and that this behavior is a common occurence around here. It seriously could have been a place for Art to come converse with his fans about his descision but a civil conversation gets drowned out by lunatics no matter what them subject is. I am afraid that it might be beyond hope for this forum. I cant imagine that asking everyone to show a little restraint is going to work.

Amen!  Seems many men are obsessed with being unpleasant, they seem to get off on it.

Quote from: DanTSX on November 06, 2013, 10:37:29 AM
You are being culturally insensitive.

We deal with a lot of death in this part of the world, so that is the polite way to say it.

What? Did "quit smoking" or "toes up" go out of fashion? I think the polite way to say it would be to say so and so passed.

Quote from: Philosopher on November 06, 2013, 10:36:35 AM
Dark Matter will return... maybe... possibly...the 5th Sunday after Planet X eclipses Pluto...

[attachimg=1]

I have slightly more faith in celebrating Kim Kardashian's 25th wedding anniversary at this point.

Quote from: Philosopher on November 06, 2013, 10:28:51 AM

Whether he meant it or not, Noodles seemed opportunistic and in a hurry to jump and dance on the Dark Matter grave before the ground had even settled.  He needs to watch out because the purported Dark Matter corpse might just rise up out of the grave and give him a big, dirty kiss on the lips.
Noory is a complete robot.
You know why he is the best employee ever? Because he doesn't have any passion or verve.
With Art out of the way, no problem giving him a very long contract.
So, Norry comes on Michaels show... and just spits out a bunch of words designed to make himself look good
He's got no soul...and HE SUCKS.
Luckily, the call only lasted ten minutes, I was reaching my limit.

DanTSX

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 06, 2013, 10:40:37 AM
What? Did "quit smoking" or "toes up" go out of fashion? I think the polite way to say it would be to say so and so passed.

Smoking is no longer a cultural institution, unless you are a tracksuit-wearing Russian.

Toes up is no longer used as Vedic yogis are pushed into the Ganges toes down.

Please, have some respect for the dead.

Now we will never know when NASA is lying to us.  We have lost a natural treasure..........who is now.......

Pushing up daisys.

DanTSX

Quote from: Philosopher on November 06, 2013, 10:45:57 AM
Eternal Suckage

[attachimg=1]

Make one for Hoagland

Be respectful.  Some people here want to sniff his sack even if he is singing with the angels.

jblank

Quote from: laserjock on November 06, 2013, 10:39:56 AM
Amen!  Seems many men are obsessed with being unpleasant, they seem to get off on it.

::) Or maybe people are angry at Mr. Bell for acting like a spoiled child and quitting something we enjoyed, after such a short time. Don't let me stop you though, please, by all means, return your faces to Art's lap.

sharkbait

Just heard this on the radio and remembered it was one of Art's frequent Bumpers. Reading this forum and listening to the lyrics it seems apropos.

Abba - SOS

Eddie Coyle

SOS for Art means "Same old shit".

Marc.Knight

Quote from: DanTSX on November 06, 2013, 10:47:11 AM
Make one for Hoagland

Be respectful.  Some people here want to sniff his sack even if he is singing with the angels.

He charges $200 a sniff.  It goes toward maintaining his 1980s style web site.

widespread1

Quote from: jblank on November 06, 2013, 10:47:43 AM
::) Or maybe people are angry at Mr. Bell for acting like a spoiled child and quitting something we enjoyed, after such a short time. Don't let me stop you though, please, by all means, return your faces to Art's lap.
Haha if after a full 48 hours one is still trying to convince people to take the low road, it might be a sure sign that you are one of the lunatics.

walkindude

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 06, 2013, 08:31:27 AM
This might almost be better than dancing titties !!!

Hitler Discovers Art Bell's Dark Matter Has Been Cancled

If not for us Art, for The Fuhrer!

I've been registered but mainly a lurker on this board for a few years now and have gotten many a chuckle about George on here!  ;D
Now I have to speak up!

Seriously Art, I'm as disappointed as anyone here. But that's all, just disappointed.

You have mentioned the callers several times and I thought the night you cut Timothy Good short and had Open Lines the last two hours or so, was fantastic! Especially, the "What is the evilest thing you've ever done?" question! Do you think the "other show's" host could improvise like that? NOT!!
It flowed!
You've done some very good radio the last 6 weeks. The CIA cat was awesome and Spooky Matter too! What about Hoagland's #9?
Skype for call ins also sounds great most of the time, almost studio quality!
You're in your element and it shows!

C'mon Art! You guys can't be that far apart.  Give this at least 6 months and not just 6 weeks.

Has Sirius/XM considered the cell/internet providers could be the problem? Or certain brands of phones?
A co worker of mine has constant drops on your program while 100 ft away I've had one in six weeks. Two differences, our phones and providers.

You're sound quality now is almost perfect also.
Have you listened to the sound quality on some of the recordings of your old C2C broadcasts? Jeez!
I know, you don't owe us anything. You've given your audience a great deal of yourself for a long time, but please give this one more chance! Your audience will grow and so will your "base"!
I don't have a major investment in Sirius/XM because I already had the equipment and they made me a great offer to come back just as you were coming on ! BUT, you were the main reason I came back to them and also the only reason I'll stay with them!
But, if you're ready to ride into the sunset...well,  as I have in the past, I wish you a happy retirement old friend!

Jackstar

I believe Art will have relaunched by December 1st.

Quote from: widespread1 on November 06, 2013, 10:45:05 AM
Lunatics proceed.

Feel free to stow the holier-than-thou crap. We aren't going to play by the Marcus of Queensberry rules because you suddenly had an epiphany.

widespread1

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 06, 2013, 10:54:24 AM
Feel free to stow the holier-than-thou crap. We aren't going to play by the Marcus of Queensberry rules because you suddenly had an epiphany.
Lol make yourselves known.

DanTSX

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 06, 2013, 10:54:24 AM

Do you want the address to send flowers?

Quote from: Jackstar on November 06, 2013, 10:54:20 AM

I might believe monkeys will fly out of my ass, but it likely won't happen.

DanTSX

Marc.Knight

Realistically, fewer people will show up for the party next time around.

indigoo

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 06, 2013, 10:34:39 AM
Been there, done that. Sirius XM is similar to AOL in the cancelation process, which is basically the Hotel California policy: you can cancel any time you like, but you can never leave.

I've left plenty. The deals are helpful.

Anyway, it was nice to see Art come in and chat a bit. Hope things work out for the best because he was only getting started. Really didn't want to see this end and the abruptness of it all was really deflating and troublesome.

DanTSX

Quote from: Philosopher on November 06, 2013, 10:57:58 AM

Realistically, fewer people will show up for the party next time around.

The trolls here will still pick him apart

Marc.Knight

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 06, 2013, 10:57:45 AM
I might believe monkeys will fly out of my ass, but it likely won't happen.

Unless someone intentionally puts them there first.

georgesucks

If he "relaunches" by December 1st, How long until he quits AGAIN.

Quote from: widespread1 on November 06, 2013, 10:57:15 AM
Lol make yourselves known.

If speaking one's mind is now considered lunacy, then I'll proudly be considered a member of the lunatic fringe. As much as you'd like it, I won't be contained by your little box of silence.

What a shitstorm for the last 100+ pages! I particularly enjoyed all the abuse, closely followed by some swift backpeddling after Art showed up.