• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

grano salis

Quote from: George Drooly on November 06, 2013, 01:53:18 AM
I didn't realize it was the internet's job to be your babysitter, sorry
Thank you.
You were one of the few folks on this forum with enough insight to see that Art was "winding down".
Some others here were caught up in euphoria.  I registered in Sept and got called a "troll " (lol) for bringing  up some of the obvious production problems and deficiencies in Art's own organization (which just got worse with time). I enjoy the give and take here and I agree this forum is well run and humane compared to some others.  Art put in a half hearted effort and then folded (in my opinion).  I don't blame Art for being Art but then I have to live in  the real world. In my  profession, if you did a fraction of this stuff, you would have been gone and buried a long time ago.

Falkie2013

Quote from: wotr1 on November 06, 2013, 02:00:09 AM
I would suggest sitting down in your favourite easy chair and burning yourself with a cigar over and over.  It would be more humane and a better use of your time. ;)

" Are you lonesome tonight ?
  Do you miss me tonight ?
  Are you sorry we drifted apart ?
  Does your memory stray to a dark midnight day
  When I called you out and asked you to ride ?
  Do the chairs in your parlor seem empty and bare
  Do you gaze at your receiver and picture me there ?
  Is your heart filled with pain, shall I come back again ?
  Tell me fans, are you lonesome tonight ?

I wonder if you're pissed off tonight.
  You know someone said that the world's a stage
  And each must play a part and I had a major brain fart.
  Do you now curse the name of Art ?
  Fate had me playing a game with you all as my pawns.
  Act one was me coming back, and you all waited for me.
  You read the words and never saw behind the cryptic clues.
  Then came act two, you seemed to change and you all acted strange,
  And why I'll never know.
  You all lied when you said you loved me
  Cause I'm here in the desert thick skinned for all to see.
  But I'd rather sit here, in the darkness so near
  Then go on the air and listen to you.
  Now the airwaves are bare and I'm sitting over there.
  In the studio that my network built.
  With emptiness all around.
  And the bitterness I've found.
  But can't you see, if you won't come back to me.
  Then make them bring all the channels down.

Refrain :

Are you lonesome tonight ... "

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: grano salis on November 06, 2013, 02:11:25 AM
Thank you.
You were one of the few folks on this forum with enough insight to see that Art was "winding down".
Some others here were caught up in euphoria.  I registered in Sept and got called a "troll " (lol) for bringing  up some of the obvious production problems and deficiencies in Art's own organization (which just got worse with time). I enjoy the give and take here and I agree this forum is well run and humane compared to some others.  Art put in a half hearted effort and then folded (in my opinion).  I don't blame Art for being Art but then I have to live in  the real world. In my  profession, if you did a fraction of this stuff, you would have been gone and buried a long time ago.

Well you sure wouldn't make it far in my profession because you're not seeing the forest for the trees. You can either shut up and not be negative right now when it's crucial and, with some luck, get the show back. Or you can contribute to making the show go away forever. You tell me the logic in what you're doing.

ringthane

This is all so surreal. Six weeks ago, we practically shat our pants with delight in the live threads. Art quits, this place explodes, Art goes dark, then comes on, George calls into MV's podcast, Art parts with a serious(?)/sarcastic(?)/fishing for sympathy(?) post. What kind of fucking JJ Abrams timeline have we been rebooted into?

As lame as this sounds, I *really* wanted some full-on moonbat ISON coverage this November.

Damn it, Art.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 06, 2013, 02:16:59 AM
You can either shut up and not be negative right now when it's crucial and, with some luck, get the show back. Or you can contribute to making the show go away forever. You tell me the logic in what you're doing.

I'm convinced some of these folks are intentionally doing that. It's kinda obvious.
I hope Art sees this.

Heather Wade

Surreal.  Yes. 

How do we get back to the timeline where Art is still on the air?  Where's MadMan when we need him? 

Eddie Coyle

Well you sure wouldn't make it far in my profession because you're not seeing the forest for the trees.

So you pick up trash along a highway near a forest? Good for you!

shell88

Ya. You can go to the Art bell sucks thread if you want to tear Art.  This isn't the thread - I don't think.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ringthane on November 06, 2013, 02:18:20 AM
This is all so surreal. Six weeks ago, we practically shat our pants with delight in the live threads. Art quits, this place explodes, Art goes dark, then comes on, George calls into MV's podcast, Art parts with a serious(?)/sarcastic(?)/fishing for sympathy(?) post. What kind of fucking JJ Abrams timeline have we been rebooted into?

As lame as this sounds, I *really* wanted some full-on moonbat ISON coverage this November.

Damn it, Art.

Not lame at all, I was so looking forward to that too. We're freaking weeks from the comet's perihelion and blam, Dark Matter is gone.

George Drooly

Well you sure wouldn't make it far in my profession because you're not seeing the forest for the trees. You can either shut up and not be negative right now when it's crucial and, with some luck, get the show back. Or you can contribute to making the show go away forever. You tell me the logic in what you're doing.

This isn't crowdsourcing. Nothing we say or do makes any difference, period. It's between Art and Sirius... maybe between Art and himself.

Also, you can tell ol' Art hasn't had the privilege of having a real day job in at least 30 years; 99% of working schlubs would be out on their ass for far less insubordinate behavior.

shell88

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 06, 2013, 02:20:47 AM
Volunteer societies make good money doing that here in Canada.

Coz

Quote from: ringthane on November 06, 2013, 02:18:20 AM

Damn it, Art.

Well... you can't destroy Vulcan... and yet JJ Abrams did it.

Yes it's surreal. Also tragic , sad, horrible, and amazingly disappointing.

But this has happened.

Maybe my assumption that Sirius is not willing to work things out now is incorrect. Maybe Art comes back this week. I'll jump for joy!

But reality is usually far crueler than our hopes. Sirius has a replacement schedule up. Art is posting in a less than stellar form in this very thread.

The tea leaves don't look good.

phrodo

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 06, 2013, 02:20:16 AM
I'm convinced some of these folks are intentionally doing that. It's kinda obvious.
I hope Art sees this.

Apparently some folks just enjoy being total dickheads -- just for the sake of being negative cocksuckers. Ya gotta wonder why some people get joy in being that way - maybe their lives are so fucking miserable they feel it's necessary to try to make others feel their pain.

Hope Art doesn't mind if they listen to his show if/when he comes back.

someguy

I gotta say it has been a ride heheh

Jnthn932

MV, I understand you want to moderate this forum as little as possible, but it's getting out of hand to the point that it's effecting Art negatively. It's time to bring out that ban hammer and ban some of these assholes who are bringing nothing here but negativity and RUINING what you and so many others built this place for in the first place. If all you have to add to the conversation is Art is a washed up POS and make personal attacks against him and his family then GTFO. We're pissed because the show ended and we want a solution to keep Art around. Sorry your life sucks so terribly that the only place left people respond to your negative bullshit is an Internet forum. GTFO, our help us communicate with Art to find a solution.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: shell88 on November 06, 2013, 02:22:24 AM
Volunteer societies make good money doing that here in Canada.

They make prisoners do it in many states the US. Anything to take a job out of the public's hands.

grano salis

Quote from: Art Bell on November 05, 2013, 11:20:11 PM
Ok, I agree, I am a washed up has been who has lost what little talent I might have had, my memory is fading
fast and my skills as a Interviewer no longer exist. Like a Prize fighter who took one to many punches I am off
in zombieville. I can take a hint, I am done. So I will now leave and abandon my idea of free streaming along
with a life that has now lost all it's meaning. I am sorry to have crushed so many dreams and now understand
full well that the real King has taken his rightful place on the throne of Bell Gab. I understand I am dead to you
all.

Art

Seriously Art your life has "lost all meaning?"  Get a hold of yourself.  You've got a lovely wife and  little girl who need you.  Man your show needed better production values, that's all.  What happened to the guy who correctly pegged Noory as a "lazy interviewer"?  The guy who stood up to Steve Allen and the "snuffed candle award" who went on to earn a spot in the Radio  Broadcaster Hall of Fame.  Critics never stopped you before.  Seriously though, you should stop the smoking for your family's sake, and get some help if you feel depressed.  You have a ton of supporters out there.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Jnthn932 on November 06, 2013, 02:27:15 AM
MV, I understand you want to moderate this forum as little as possible, but it's getting out of hand to the point that it's effecting Art negatively. It's time to bring out that ban hammer and ban some of these assholes who are bringing nothing here but negativity and RUINING what you and so many others built this place for in the first place. If all you have to add to the conversation is Art is a washed up POS and make personal attacks against him and his family then GTFO. We're pissed because the show ended and we want a solution to keep Art around. Sorry your life sucks so terribly that the only place left people respond to your negative bullshit is an Internet forum. GTFO, our help us communicate with Art to find a solution.

Amen to that.

Nighthawk

Quote from: phrodo on November 06, 2013, 02:25:54 AM
Apparently some folks just enjoy being total dickheads -- just for the sake of being negative cocksuckers. Ya gotta wonder why some people get joy in being that way - maybe their lives are so fucking miserable they feel it's necessary to try to make others feel their pain.

Hope Art doesn't mind if they listen to his show if/when he comes back.

Yea what were they even doing listening to Dark matter since they seem to hate him so much.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 06, 2013, 02:20:47 AM

Don't you have retards and Asperger's sufferers to kick and pick on? I haven't forgot that shameful display you put on with SR. Look, don't be stupid this time. This thread has been too negative and it's taking it's toll on Art very visibly. You tell me, what do you want? More Dark Matter or nothing? Now is the time to make your choice and act accordingly.

3OctaveFart

Has Art posted just the one time in these past two days? So much to sift through.

Spinner

Quote from: Nighthawk on November 06, 2013, 01:31:12 AM
I am beginning to become quite disgusted with this forum. I can't believe some of the people posting here believing themselves to be true Bell fans. Then all of a sudden when this situation happened yesterday they turn against him in some very mean awful ways. I can understand people being angry. It is just that if you truly loved Art like I do, Then you would not say such awful things about him. Regardless of how angry you people are. YOU are the ones that need to grow up. First you are on here saying how great Art is and how happy you are he is back and now since yesterday you turn on him like dogs. At first reading all this shit on here the past 2 days I thought it was these mean peoples emotions and anger. Now I am starting to think they are just plain evil. I am embarrassed to be a part of this. I love Art and always will. He is the king of talk radio. He is an inspiration to me all he has done. Something went wrong this time around, so what. I am not gunna up and slaughter the guy.
+ 1000
Thank you for that post, Nighthawk.
As you can see, many of us feel the same way.

Keep in mind that many, if not most, of the people posting extreme nastiness while claiming to be Art's fans, are just pretending. They have an agenda. It's no coincidence that most of them signed up recently. ;) 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 06, 2013, 02:32:23 AM
Don't you have retards and Asperger's sufferers to kick and pick on? I haven't forgot that shameful display you put on with SR. Look, don't be stupid this time. This thread has been too negative and it's taking it's toll on Art very visibly. You tell me, what do you want?  

It involves you and a bottle of Drano.

I don't pick on retards. Well, making an exception in your case...

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: George Drooly on November 06, 2013, 02:21:53 AM
This isn't crowdsourcing. Nothing we say or do makes any difference, period. It's between Art and Sirius... maybe between Art and himself.

Also, you can tell ol' Art hasn't had the privilege of having a real day job in at least 30 years; 99% of working schlubs would be out on their ass for far less insubordinate behavior.

Wait, you just saw Art say flagrantly that it made a difference and you missed it? Just stop working against us, alright? Just stop.

Falkie2013

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 06, 2013, 02:20:16 AM
I hope Art sees this.

Intentional hell. I'm venting. It either that or go either insane or break down sobbing like Casio did, which I'm still not sure was an act.
I feel so many different emotions right now but paramount is that I wish right now I could drive to Pahrump, grab Art by the lapels and yell at him :

" What in the hell were you thinking, damnit ? "
And maybe, just maybe give him one good Gibbssmack in the head.

It would feel so damned good.
Catharsis and all that.
It's gonna take a long time to get over THIS departure.
Somewhere in another timeline, that Art is looking at all this and marvelling at the chaos this created and shaking his head.
Because in that JJ Abrams timeline, that Art did it right.

phrodo

+1000

I'm as disappointed as everybody else - but to constantly attack and endlessly criticize Art (along with other forum members) and basically take a shit all over this forum MV has worked so hard to build is unacceptably rude and inexcusable behavior.

"If you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem". 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 06, 2013, 02:35:06 AM
         It involves you and a bottle of Drano.

I don't pick on retards. Well, making an exception in your case...

No, you acted like a jackass as publically as you possibly could and I called you on it. It got erased, but I called you on it because it was wrong. You acted badly. Well, now is not the time to act badly again.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Spinner on November 06, 2013, 02:32:42 AM
+ 1000
Thank you for that post, Nighthawk.
As you can see, many of us feel the same way.

Keep in mind that many, if not most, of the people posting extreme nastiness while claiming to be Art's fans, are just pretending. They have an agenda. It's no coincidence that most of them signed up recently. ;)

Obvious, isn't it?

+1 This has gone way overboard.

George Drooly

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 06, 2013, 02:35:32 AM
Wait, you just saw Art say flagrantly that it made a difference and you missed it? Just stop working against us, alright? Just stop.

The dude's a chronic evader, we have no idea what he really thinks

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 06, 2013, 02:37:14 AM
No, you acted like a jackass as publically as you possibly could and I called you on it. It got erased, but I called you on it because it was wrong. You acted badly. Well, now is not the time to act badly again.

I'm not acting. Your support of SR 71 spoke volumes. In slurred Corky speech.