• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

KMKMKM

So far the stories seem better this year than last, but between George's commentary and the prerecorded bits it's still really hard to listen to.

Quote from: Morgus on November 01, 2011, 12:47:17 AM
... he should have changed the name if he wants to do something different, like Noory's Haunted Halloween Show...

A Grand Compromise - George changes the name of the show from Coast to Coast to The George Noory Show, and we leave him alone to suck by himself?

Morgus

Somebody should call in and tell him the old campfire ghost story "Where is my golden arm?"
and see if Noory gets scared at the end...  8)

WOTR

That settles it.  The show has just started here and it is now silence from my radio.  I refuse to sit through this garbage and watch what was once a highlight for the year reduced to infomercials, screened callers and prerecorded segments.  I would like to thank all of the posters above for the warning and allowing me to decide in advance that I don't wish to ruin my memories.

I remember listening to Art lament having call screeners.  I think that he could see the joke that it would become.  I wonder how he would like to have callers not only screened on the go, but vetted days in advance.

I wonder how many of the callers were Premiers paid callers with scripted fiction?  If there were a night to bring them in, it would be this...

Morgus

Now its JC (or impersonator?) calling in with his usual ranting, no ghost story - breaking the old rules again.
Art didn't allow that stuff during ghost-to-ghost.
Noory is turning it all into a big joke now, just like his regular Friday open lines show...  :o

SnapT

That was the worst JC call EVER!

Noory talking about JC turning children into gingerbread added an extra creepy touch.  I bet he fantasizes about that image nightly, eating living children made of gingerbread.

Morgus

tonight's show is noory's idea of a Spook Spectacular, not Ghost-To-Ghost at all...

WOTR

Quote from: Morgus on November 01, 2011, 01:29:23 AM
Now its JC (or impersonator?) calling in with his usual ranting, no ghost story - breaking the old rules again.
Art didn't allow that stuff during ghost-to-ghost.
Noory is turning it all into a big joke now, just like his regular Friday open lines show...  :o
And he really wants to keep on passing off JC as an unexpected caller instead of a paid appearance (or at least a scheduled "guest.")  If the callers are all ultra screened and the whole show pretty much planned in advance from callers stories to prerecorded segments I am supposed to buy that JC just happened to sneak in?!?  Now the jackass is just insulting the intelligence of his listeners (more so than usual.)

I think that I made the right call to just turn it off and "listen" second-hand through reading this thread.

Morgus

Now Noory plays an old recorded skit with his childhood idol, Dr. Morgus
More of Noory's Super Spooky Halloween Spectacular follows, nothing like Ghost-To-Ghost classic.

WOTR

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on November 01, 2011, 12:40:03 AM

....one for the road...

Creepy Ghost to Ghost AM call

I can actually still remember that one.  A great example of what a good host can get from unscreened callers.  There were so many calls (especially on this night) that Art just managed to get the best out of.  The little additions such as "when you least expect it... I mean, good luck to you, but I'm telling your right now... It's still with you, it's still there."  Those little words seem so simple, but imagine Noory trying to put it together with that voice, self assurance and, most of all, authority.

Is there some significance of your having chose "Tommy" the evil spirit who came to stay?  Am I free to read into your choice a little bit of commentary on the present C2C?  Anybody else remember Art Bell's "sounds from hell?"  Were they really any worse than the present day G2G?

SnapT

In the past two minutes Noory has said "in St. Louis" or "from St. Louis" about fifty times.  WE ARE NOT ALL FROM ST. LOUIS!  WE DON'T GIVE A CRAP IF SOMEONE IS FROM ST. LOUIS OR NOT!

Quote from: WOTR on November 01, 2011, 02:18:01 AM
....Is there some significance of your having chose "Tommy" the evil spirit who came to stay?  Am I free to read into your choice a little bit of commentary on the present C2C?

Only in that a cigar isn't always just a cigar.  8)

Morgus

now Noory has a another stupid skit, this one with a terrible dracula impersonator...  :o

Quote from: Morgus on November 01, 2011, 02:42:20 AM
now Noory has a another stupid skit, this one with a terrible dracula impersonator...  :o

All part of George's 'system'.  Somewhere the real Dr Morgus must be so proud of his protege..

Morgus

Thankfully thats the end of Noory's Super Snoorific Halloween Spooktacular Show for this year.
The old classic Ghost-To-Ghost is definitely dead, Noory just drove a stake thru its heart tonight.  :P

Get ready for Noory's next live holiday special, on Thanksgiving Day in a few weeks...

stevesh

I don't think we can pin this travesty solely on Noory. I think it's the whole production staff's fault. Their attitude seems to be "we're producing a RADIO SHOW, and we need spooky sound effects, and the voice-over guy has to use his scaaaary Halloween voice, and we need celebrities telling their ghost stories, because this is a RADIO SHOW, and we have to have some ghost stories scripted and then performed by 'callers', and the host will roll over for some buddy of his and let the guy do the worst Dracula voice ever, because this is a RADIO SHOW and has to be entertaining."

Every one of them completely oblivious to what made G2G so good (when it was good): one guy in a darkened studio, listening to people tell their ghost stories. Campfire, not circus. Very sad what this program has become.

valdez

Quote from: WOTR on November 01, 2011, 01:20:32 AM
...I refuse to sit through this garbage...
Quote from: Morgus on November 01, 2011, 03:00:08 AM
Thankfully thats the end of Noory's Super Snoorific Halloween Spooktacular Show for this year...
Quote from: stevesh on November 01, 2011, 04:10:41 AM
I don't think we can pin this travesty solely on Noory. I think it's the whole production staff's fault....

How To Screw Up Ghost to Ghost:
     1.  Let chessy no talent staff plan it out.
     2.  Get George to host.
     3.  Sound effects!

ourobouros2k2

Ross Mitchell's "halloween" voice made me want to puke. What a premiere sellout. Noory's bitch. How could he even muster the energy to do it? Hearing his voice on old Art shows was part of the magic, but this is just pathetic. He must really really need the money...

That didn't even sound like JC either. I tuned out midway through the second hours. Just horrible. Noory just shit all over my favorite coast tradition.

El Kragen

I thought I'd give it a go and listen to a few ghost stories by the fire last night. It was so painful listening to George. He was all over the place asking one idiotic question after the next. I think he broke a record last night asking the same question twice within 10 minutes. All the cool stuff these Hollywood Ghost Hunters were talking about and George focuses on the fact that an actor has to sit in makeup for 3 hours and for that he asks follow up questions. 45 minutes in and I tapped out.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: stevesh on November 01, 2011, 04:10:41 AM
I don't think we can pin this travesty solely on Noory. I think it's the whole production staff's fault. Their attitude seems to be "we're producing a RADIO SHOW, and we need spooky sound effects, and the voice-over guy has to use his scaaaary Halloween voice, and we need celebrities telling their ghost stories, because this is a RADIO SHOW, and we have to have some ghost stories scripted and then performed by 'callers', and the host will roll over for some buddy of his and let the guy do the worst Dracula voice ever, because this is a RADIO SHOW and has to be entertaining."

Every one of them completely oblivious to what made G2G so good (when it was good): one guy in a darkened studio, listening to people tell their ghost stories. Campfire, not circus. Very sad what this program has become.

Yeah, exactly.

That's what makes this whole fiasco doubly pathetic: the sneaking suspicion that these people actually believe they were working hard to give us something good. 

Pitiful.

Eddie Coyle

I heard 92 seconds of the show last night, between 3:46-48am. . By the 15th second I realized why I never listen to C2C anymore, the confluence of an imbecile host with his idiot callers triggered nausea. It's deader than Dillinger.

El Kragen

Quote from: Lovely Bones on November 01, 2011, 09:09:48 AM
Yeah, exactly.

That's what makes this whole fiasco doubly pathetic: the sneaking suspicion that these people actually believe they were working hard to give us something good. 

Pitiful.

Just another glaring example of the present C2C staff and host not really understanding what made C2C great. It's a "Midnight in the desert" vs "Listening to Coast to Coast" type of thing.

Someone said it a few posts back: Coast to Coast AM no longer exists, Ghost to Ghost no longer exists. It's The George Noory Show and last night we got George Noory's Spooktacular Halloween Ophen Lines!

Wolfman Jak

I have to agree............

I have pretty much given up on George. I think he is the lucky knucklehead who fell backwards into this job.....full time. When he filled in he was better then he is now....by a mile. I am not so much a hater more of a Sad listener who remembers what the show used to be. Last nights show, I have to admit, was so lame.....I turned it off in about 30 min. I don't know what took me so long....lol

amesbey

Noory needs to watch " Good Morning Vietnam ". It's a story about a sharp witted guy, Adrian Cronauer (aka - Art Bell), who created an informative and wildly entertaining radio program and the suits attempts to control it. Noory of course would be playing the part of the stooge that the suits brought in after the star departed. It always happens the same way, some genius creates an original work of art and some no talent hacks destroy it by " managing " it into the grave. They try to manipulate and retool the show so they don't lose the magic, but it is that very act that destroys the "art" - pun intended. Noory isn't informed at all about the subjects that he attempts to discuss and is very lame as an interviewer. He either throws up softballs for the guest to swing on or takes the interview into ridiculous blind alleys based on the dim bulb questions that emanate from his whirring tin brain. At this point the reputation of the show is so damaged that I don't know if anything could save it. Sometimes a forest fire just has to rage through to burn all the dead shit away and give new life a chance to spring up from the ashes. I've heard it stated that Art Bell is back in this country and living in Pahrump again. I know that doing a show like he did took tremendous effort, but I think him coming back might be the one thing that could save the show. If he didn't want the work load of running a full time show again, then split it up with George Knapp. Knapp is another great interviewer and it would be terrific if he would be allowed to play a greater part in the program. Maybe have Bell/Knapp doing the heavy lifting during the week and John  B. Wells doing the weekend ? I have listened to the show since 91' and it kills me to see what has happened to this program. The twin ass clowns of Noory and Punnett have to go or eventually there wont be anything left to rebuild the program from....... amesbey

I went to Ghost-To-Ghost and all I got was this rock.  I sure wish Mr. Bell still lived here.  He always gave out such tasty treats.

Didn't listen to a minute, even though I was up. I imagine it was every bit the disaster described here. There are too many legit good scary podcasts and old Bell G2G YouTube clips to waste time with Snoory. I'm shocked he didn't duck out early leaving us with a clip of a Dr Morgus interview or his reading of "The Raven".

b_dubb

I'd happily accept a rock than listen to noory. The c2cam iCrapplication crashed when I tried to listen. So at least in my case Premiere did me right by releasing shittty software that prevented me from listening to their shitty show. Sometimes two wrongs do make a right

amesbey

Two  wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

Quote from: SnapT on November 01, 2011, 01:35:18 AM
That was the worst JC call EVER!

Noory talking about JC turning children into gingerbread added an extra creepy touch.  I bet he fantasizes about that image nightly, eating living children made of gingerbread.
It's always about 'thuh childrun with this fuckstick George Noory. Odds on him having done something grotesque previously or in the future, or in his fantasies to young children?

I've read thru the posts that have been created since last night's production (I refuse to call it a show, it is a produced 4 hour long commercial to get your soul and money) and I am sad. I could not have handled listening to what you all have described. Henceforth, I feel it is wrong to even call the production Coast to Coast anymore or relate to Art Bell having anything to do with the namesake that he created. What a joke it must have been to witness. I would have been so fucking pissed off I would have gone mad >:( and shot my jackolanterns with a shotgun at close range. Folks, join the fucking rebellion now! Stop listening to this douchebag and suffering depression and/or outrage at this catastrophe of a joke that is now on at night. JC calling in on the most heavily screened/produced night of the year?? I don't fucking think so. This is sole proof that the JC of today is nothing more than a hack and troll. Salt for the wound that the King CockMaster Noory is not only aware of this, but promotes the scam while playing dumb and unaware that JC's a put-on. Enough of this motherfucking sick bastard and his child torture fantasizing ass people! He is a sick man and a liar, fraud, evil worthless bastard. Let your dissatisfaction grow to hate and disgust. Protest and boycott this cocksucker and his evil. Stand on the side of the line that is Art. Resist Noory!