• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150929 - Steven Starr - Nuclear War - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 29, 2015, 08:39:37 PM

trostol

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 29, 2015, 10:12:06 PM
When's Rick Steves on, bro? ;D

hmm..are you implying i am a Rick Steves expert?..and he is on in an hour and 15 minutes lol

Rocky4228

Does anyone else not care how many more nukes the US and Russia make?  Don't we already have enough to wipe each other off the planet?

maren

Quote from: sydtron on September 29, 2015, 10:12:43 PM
Looking dorwaed to this show.  Allways been nervous about nuclear war.  Ive also seen The Day After.  Wild wild movie!!  Dad had a book about WW3 When I was a kid. Showed causality numbers and fallout patterns.   Sxary to read about.

I just saw a clip of Obama and Putin shaking hands and posing for a photo -- they couldn't get off the stage fast enough.  Burr!  They do NOT like one another.  Putin makes my blood run cold. 

So I was a little kid in the 80s and I have vague memories of the cold war. I still remember them dancing on the Berlin wall as it came down and the Alvin and the chipmunks episode about it!

Donald Noory

There was a nuclear war in the 1960's? Hmm...never knew that.

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on September 29, 2015, 10:14:09 PM

hmm..are you implying i am a Rick Steves expert?..and he is on in an hour and 15 minutes lol

maren

Quote from: ShayP on September 29, 2015, 10:06:42 PM
Never saw Threads.  The Day After caused me a good deal of anxiety as a 13 year old.  :-[

I never saw it either, ShayP.  Maybe we'd better watch it together. 

Donald Noory

Jorch isn't worried about nuclear war...he would just duck and cover underneath Tommy.

AppealPlay

Quote from: trostol on September 29, 2015, 10:14:09 PM

You are BellGab's expert on all things Rick Steves.  You're his ambassador here.

Wednesday

"Threads" was on the BBC for 15+ audience. I was about 11 when I saw it air for the first time on regular television. Scared me more than "The Day After." I was already having nuclear holocaust nightmares before seeing it. My hometown was 37 miles from a nuclear plant in Seabrook, NH. For both movies, the local news reporter from our hometown paper stopped my mother on the street to ask her if she watched the programs and what she thought. Both times she said that her child was really upset about the depiction of dying animals. I don't think we saved the newspaper for the clippings.

ShayP

Quote from: maren on September 29, 2015, 10:15:29 PM
I never saw it either, ShayP.  Maybe we'd better watch it together.

Cool.  Not only will there be popcorn but I will provide a nice platter of meats and cheese.  I like to snack during movies.  :D

trostol

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 29, 2015, 10:17:27 PM
You are BellGab's expert on all things Rick Steves.  You're his ambassador here.

yay me.....but not really

=Schlyder=

Bring it on... thin out the herd.. and then we can begin to pick up the pieces and rebuild.

Oculary

Wednesday

Quote from: Oculary on September 29, 2015, 10:19:25 PM
I hated the fact that "Threads" showed that cat burning. Uncool BBC!
EXACTLY! It really left an imprint on me.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 29, 2015, 10:11:29 PM
I'm not the only one that thinks Richard Dolan sounds like an arrogant ass, right?

Arrogant ass?  Yeah, I'd say that's accurate. He loves to hear himself talk, listen to him on his own show on KGRA.  He seems to see himself as some kind of guru. 

littlechris

Quote from: alienated on September 29, 2015, 10:14:30 PM
Nothing scary about this at all. 

Geez, the Russians have a nuclear missle called "satan".   :o  :o

ShayP

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 29, 2015, 10:20:36 PM
Arrogant ass?  Yeah, I'd say that's accurate. He loves to hear himself talk, listen to him on his own show on KGRA.  He seems to see himself as some kind of guru.

He's like David Wilcock's sane cousin.  :o 

Donald Noory

Shouldn't we be more worried about Pakistan and their nukes?