• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2013, 08:32:34 AM
Don't flame me please for posting this here; it just annoys me. How fortunate he wasn't a 16 year old poor youth who did the deed. Whereas this individual apparently doesn't know right from wrong because of his parents wealth, a poor youth would know right from wrong? Yeah..That works.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ethan-couch-texas-quadruple-murderer--or-a-victim-of-affluenza-9004308.htm

Belongs under the thread 'Things That Enrage You'. My sympathies are for the four people who lost their lives because of an entitled little shit of a human being.

Juan

My point was there's nothing the State can do about the dead people after they're dead.  At that point, it can only deal with the idiot.
My sympathies to the families of those who died.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Juan on December 14, 2013, 08:59:11 AM
My point was there's nothing the State can do about the dead people after they're dead.  At that point, it can only deal with the idiot.
My sympathies to the families of those who died.

Quite so, but making excuses for him in court that he didn't know right from wrong because he'd been indulged since birth makes a mockery of justice. A poor kid committing the same crime might even be facing death row. It's a demonstration of how justice is held in disrepute because many feel there's rich/poor divide when it comes to accessing it.

I can see both of your points. On the one hand, the taxpayers won't be paying for his worthless ass for the next 10 years but he does deserve punishment for what he did, and that doesn't mean a stay at what basically is a luxe treatment center. There is no accountability for 4 peoples' lives being lost, and you know if this kid was a second or third generation hard drug dealer with no parental supervision, his ass would be in jail forever. This judge gave preferential treatment because of the parents' wealth. It's not like he was picked up with weed and it was going to ruin his life if he was convicted. In fact, people who were caught with weed are serving hard time sentences while this worthless little shit is getting off lightly for killing 4 people. This sentence and the judge should be reviewed.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2013, 09:04:27 AM

Quite so, but making excuses for him in court that he didn't know right from wrong because he'd been indulged since birth makes a mockery of justice. A poor kid committing the same crime might even be facing death row. It's a demonstration of how justice is held in disrepute because many feel there's rich/poor divide when it comes to accessing it.

That's the damn truth.  If one is poor... no one gives a shit what happens to you.

Little Hater

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 14, 2013, 08:55:33 AM
Belongs under the thread 'Things That Enrage You'. My sympathies are for the four people who lost their lives because of an entitled little shit of a human being.

Anyone who doesn't think that this verdict resulted from a substantial transfer into the judge's offshore account doesn't understand how the US legal sysyem works.

Tommy TwoTons

I agree with those of you who are enraged by this little "affluenza",  murderous x4 prick.  The judge should be removed from the bench for this (along with a few other dipshit judges of late...)

My annoyance today:

Coming to terms with the fact that I have to give up my beloved Palm WebOS phone and move to Android.  I am mired in deep denial.  (Also, I despise Google, but Android is open source so there are many ways of minimizing its intrusion.  Being able to install Debian is a major plus as well.  crApple and its overpriced, proprietary iJunk is not an option.)

I've been using Palm devices since the US Robotics days (>two decades...)  I love WebOS even more because of the strong user community and the ability to write a quick patch or app whenever the need arises.  HP bought Palm, made WebOS open source and then killed it!  Bastids.

I snapped up a few of the discontinued handsets when they were selling for cheap.  I'm now using the very last one, which I keep working only by cannibalizing the old phones for parts and bits.  Now that duct tape has become involved, I realize the end is truly near.

It's time to let go and I don't want to, dammit!  Sigh...

My sympathies. When your phone is duct taped, it's time to let go. Been there.

Tommy TwoTons

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 14, 2013, 06:24:18 PM
My sympathies. When your phone is duct taped, it's time to let go. Been there.

Thanks for your commiseration!  Yes, the duct tape + copious solder + dead OS = End Of Line.  It's just the end of an era so it's difficult (I know, such pathetic geek drama...)

$4.5K X 10  should be divided to the families of the 4 dead and the rich little F***er should get 20 to 40 years hard time to realize his short coming. The judge deserves some time among people he sent up.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 14, 2013, 02:36:50 PM
In fact, people who were caught with weed are serving hard time sentences while this worthless little shit is getting off lightly for killing 4 people. This sentence and the judge should be reviewed.

This is really worrying. We all saw what happened when Joran van der Sloot was let free.

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on December 14, 2013, 08:40:37 PM
$4.5K X 10  should be divided to the families of the 4 dead and the rich little F***er should get 20 to 40 years hard time to realize his short coming. The judge deserves some time among people he sent up.

This sounds soooooo...right!!  General population 20 to 40 years.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2013, 08:32:34 AM
Don't flame me please for posting this here; it just annoys me. How fortunate he wasn't a 16 year old poor youth who did the deed. Whereas this individual apparently doesn't know right from wrong because of his parents wealth, a poor youth would know right from wrong? Yeah..That works.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ethan-couch-texas-quadruple-murderer--or-a-victim-of-affluenza-9004308.htm

Apparently there are public calls for her resignation and a petition demanding the Governor remove her.  I wouldn't bet against that.

We remove far too few judges in this country.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/14/21903878-affluenza-defense-texas-judge-under-fire-for-giving-rich-teen-probation-in-fatal-dui-case?lite

McPhallus

Quote from: Tommy TwoTons on December 14, 2013, 06:51:20 PM
Thanks for your commiseration!  Yes, the duct tape + copious solder + dead OS = End Of Line.  It's just the end of an era so it's difficult (I know, such pathetic geek drama...)

I still have a Palm IIIC (not even a phone!) that I used religiously back in the very early 2000s.  Then it was on to a Casio E125, then an iPaq.

I'm sure you're aware of this, but the Palm/WebOS era really ended long ago.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: McPhallus on December 15, 2013, 12:35:18 PM
I still have a Palm IIIC (not even a phone!) that I used religiously back in the very early 2000s.  Then it was on to a Casio E125, then an iPaq.

How cruelly can you twist that knife? Cruel cruel cruel.

onan

I had been using the Palm OS until about 3 years ago. I had been a Palm fan when they were still USRobotics. I did think the Pre model was a bit... short sighted by their design team. But a Palm had a good phone for years. Then... they didn't.

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on December 15, 2013, 02:35:02 PM
I had been using the Palm OS until about 3 years ago. I had been a Palm fan when they were still USRobotics. I did think the Pre model was a bit... short sighted by their design team. But a Palm had a good phone for years. Then... they didn't.
So you're saying you no longer use your palm?

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 15, 2013, 02:37:48 PM
So you're saying you no longer use your palm?

If only my old Palm Treos could do the things that my Palm Meos can do then that would have been a phone to keep.

zeebo

When I'm flipping through my cable guide and I see "Wild Wild West" and it always turns out to be the lame movie instead of the cool tv show.

Tommy TwoTons

I still have my succession of Palm and Handspring devices.  Tried an LG Phenom and a Velo too, probably still have those in a box o' tech crap somewhere as well.

WebOS isn't totally dead.  There is still a small but dedicated and active user community.  Even when I switch to an Android device, I'll still play around with WebOS until my last "frankenphone" dies or HP pulls the plug on the servers.

FallenSeraph

Some asshole sent me an email with "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" in the subject line.

Hate that song. Hate the fact that I keep catching myself singing it now.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on December 16, 2013, 12:20:22 AM
When I'm flipping through my cable guide and I see "Wild Wild West" and it always turns out to be the lame movie instead of the cool tv show.

You are correct.  The TV "Wild, Wild West" was as cool as the Will Smith crapfest movie was lame.  Ross Martin made a perfect side-kick.  I was up late one Sunday night recently and since either The Nooron or Wells was polluting the airwaves, I tuned in MeTV.  Low and behold, I was watching Ross Martin in an old, rarely remembered "Mr. Lucky" episode.

Too bad the program is not on Netflix (or at least wasn't last time I checked).

ItsOver

I believe it may have been on Me TV in the past.  I wouldn't be surprised to see it return sometime.

Juan

I was on Me TV a year or two ago.  I was very surprised to tune in one afternoon and see the very first episode.

Raisinets
Raisin bran cereal
Raisin cookies
Raisins
The NSA
Jodie Foster in Elysium
Jodie Foster
"Dramedy"
"Staycation"

www.calculatorcat.com/moon_phases/phasenow.php

bateman

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 16, 2013, 08:47:28 PM
Jodie Foster in Elysium

The entire movie Elysium. What a bucket of shit.

zeebo

...Raisin cookies...

Similarly, why can I not get a simple oatmeal cookie, without friggin raisins or raisin juice or raisin paste or raisin something in it?  I just want the oatmeal part.  It's like some force has deemed that these two ingredients must be eternally bound together.

FallenSeraph

Raisinets
Raisin bran cereal
Raisin cookies
Raisins
The NSA
Jodie Foster in Elysium
Jodie Foster
"Dramedy"
"Staycation"

www.calculatorcat.com/moon_phases/phasenow.php