• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

BobGrau

Quote from: shell88 on November 12, 2013, 03:25:47 PM
I have kept silent about Eddie because I was one of the one's that got drawn into the drama of that emotional night and certainly didn't help his situation much - which I feel badly about now, seeing that so many people enjoyed his posts. I do hope that MV can forgive and forget the bullshit that happened that night, and just allow him to come back should he want to.  That's about all I can say or do for this situation.
I for one do not hold grudges, and my anger is generally short lived and doesn't last long. It was a roller coaster ride for many. 
How about it MV?

Next GabCast just got even longer.

BobGrau

Seriously, bring him back as a Mod. That'd be fucking hilarious.

lonevoice

Quote from: Usagi on November 12, 2013, 11:26:20 AM
All that really matters is that Eddie was one cool cat... and now he can't come back here after his middle of the night walks.
Ah, yes.  The "3 AM crazy man walk."  I don't know how banning works here...can he still read the board, but just not post, or is he unable to access the forum at all?

The high cost of a good chocolate malt.

Anti-Vulcanites.

A roadside fruit/vegetable vendor with attitude/God complex.

Pretending Halloween is a holiday, when we all know it is at best Thanksgiving's retarded little cousin.

Man, I LOVE a good chocolate malt... put a scoop of chocolate-chip ice cream in it, and I'm in hog heaven.  Oh!  Can I be watching a lost episode of Eureka while enjoying my malt?

Just saw a headline on the internet that Courtney Stodden declared (proudly?) that she can neither read nor write.  And yet I suspect she's probably made a fairly lucrative living as a celebutante for the last year or two.  Man, what has this world come to that such a young woman is someone men lust after and (probably) some young women look up to as a role model? 

Heather Wade

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 15, 2013, 06:29:21 PM
Just saw a headline on the internet that Courtney Stodden declared (proudly?) that she can neither read nor write.  And yet I suspect she's probably made a fairly lucrative living as a celebutante for the last year or two.  Man, what has this world come to that such a young woman is someone men lust after and (probably) some young women look up to as a role model?

Dude.  A while back, maybe a year and a half ago, I made a feeble attempt at being social.  At a gathering, some guy told me he could not read nor write.  I offered to teach him, and he replied, "No way man, being dumb is sexy!"

Took myself, blissfully, back into hiding.  Wtf is going on?   :o

The General

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 15, 2013, 06:36:29 PM
Dude.  A while back, maybe a year and a half ago, I made a feeble attempt at being social.  At a gathering, some guy told me he could not read nor write.  I offered to teach him, and he replied, "No way man, being dumb is sexy!"

"Idiocracy" has become an unintentional documentary.

Quote from: shell88 on November 12, 2013, 03:25:47 PM
I have kept silent about Eddie because I was one of the one's that got drawn into the drama of that emotional night and certainly didn't help his situation much - which I feel badly about now, seeing that so many people enjoyed his posts. I do hope that MV can forgive and forget the bullshit that happened that night, and just allow him to come back should he want to.  That's about all I can say or do for this situation.
I for one do not hold grudges, and my anger is generally short lived and doesn't last long. It was a roller coaster ride for many. 
How about it MV?
Very big of you, 88.  I hope MV has a change of heart as well.  It seems Eddie's banning was more about the prolific use of the "report to moderator" link than any violation of the usual forum decorum.  Hell, just look at the stuff in the politics thread, most if it is much worse than anything Eddie ever posted.  Seems like the goalposts moved briefly, and Eddie paid the price.

zeebo

I'm annoyed that jazz stations always seem to have vocals.  Can't I just have an instrumental station?  How come every time I'm groovin to some sweet jazz flow, some vocal has to come in with their weird "zaba doobie waba dabba foobie do" stuff and intrude on my chill vibe?

In reference to Zeebo's point above, I feel a bit the same way about the classical music station I listen to.  The program is not done locally -- I think it's a service from Minnesota.  Some announcer named Mindy Ratner irks the hell out of me with her inane commentary:  "Do you like cookies?" she may ask when she comes back from a station break.  "I know I do.  I wonder if Mozart was thinking of cookies when he wrote this next piece...."

Regarding jazz vocals, yeah, if you want just the instrumentation, a voice is rather intrusive.

onan

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 16, 2013, 12:05:18 PM
In reference to Zeebo's point above, I feel a bit the same way about the classical music station I listen to.  The program is not done locally -- I think it's a service from Minnesota.  Some announcer named Mindy Ratner irks the hell out of me with her inane commentary:  "Do you like cookies?" she may ask when she comes back from a station break.  "I know I do.  I wonder if Mozart was thinking of cookies when he wrote this next piece...."

Regarding jazz vocals, yeah, if you want just the instrumentation, a voice is rather intrusive.

So do you like cookies? I know I do.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: onan on November 16, 2013, 12:24:47 PM
So do you like cookies? I know I do.

They clutter up my hard drive.

I'll get my coat.

I DO like cookies -- nothing beats a warm batch of chocolate chip cookies with a glass of ice cold milk....

Cookies on my computer?  Not so much....

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 16, 2013, 12:46:31 PM
I DO like cookies -- nothing beats a warm batch of chocolate chip cookies with a glass of ice cold milk....

It's slightly different over here...we do have cookies.. BUT...has to be a but. WE call your cookies biscuits..and I know what you call biscuits we don't.. We have crackers that go with cheese etc.

My favourite biscuit is probably Tunnucks caramel wafer biscuits..

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=tunneck+caramel+wafer&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=F0E27B8E5FAA6C9C04158DA504E16379AEFEC245&selectedIndex=0

in this wrapper

http://media.taw9eel.com/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/s/dsc_0283_2.jpg
I also like hobnobs and coconut biscuits.

Enough cookie chat?

There is never enough cookie/biscuit talk, in my humble opinion. What annoys me is having to import Bourbon and Custard Creams from the UK to go with the PG Tips tea I also have to import, because US tea is like dishwater, as my sainted Grandma used to complain. And when I'm enjoying a bracing cuppa, well, it calls for a custard cream.  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 16, 2013, 01:26:31 PM
There is never enough cookie/biscuit talk, in my humble opinion. What annoys me is having to import Bourbon and Custard Creams from the UK to go with the PG Tips tea I also have to import, because US tea is like dishwater, as my sainted Grandma used to complain. And when I'm enjoying a bracing cuppa, well, it calls for a custard cream.  ;D

Can you buy kettles easily? I was told not.

lonevoice

I'm annoyed that this entire page of posts could be dropped into the "Art Bell Quits Dark Matter" thread and it would be on topic there.   On the other hand, it does serve the purpose of keeping a lot of inanity confined to that particular thread, as opposed to spreading like a virus across the whole forum.  Maybe I should cross-post this to the "Things that bring me joy" thread.   ???

ItsOver

Hahaha... What is this?  The "Mozart for First Graders" show?  Geesh...

NPR used to have "Adventures in Good Music" with Karl Haas.  He had the perfect voice, knowledge, and intonation for a classical music program.  I've never been tremendously interested in classical music but I'd listen to the show just to listen to Haas talk.  He was a guy who could draw you in and keep you entertained.  Just like Art Bell, he was one of kind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Haas

Here in NY, we have WQXR a venerable classical music station. The morning drive host, Jeff Spurgeon, is very witty, perfect for a 5:00 rising time. The rest of the hosts are all knowledgeable in their areas, including movie scores among the other jewels it offers. The best host ever was the late Lloyd Moss who turned an entire generation, including me, on to classical music with his humor and unpretentious style. I think WQXR and it's sister channel stream free on their site.

ItsOver

That's good to hear, UC.  I really miss Karl Haas.  But, then again, I miss "Mystery Science Theater 3000."  :D

BobGrau

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 15, 2013, 06:36:29 PM

I hope you replied something like "uh... that only applies to attractive dumb people..."

Quote from: ItsOver on November 16, 2013, 03:01:08 PM
That's good to hear, UC.  I really miss Karl Haas.  But, then again, I miss "Mystery Science Theater 3000."  :D

It pisses me off to no end that the Arkoff estate and Susan Hart refuse to release/sell the rights of a dozen or so of craptacular films that MST3K riffed, thus holding up legal releases from Shout! Factory.

With Hart, I don't believe it's about whether she would be paid what she desires.  But rather that she doesn't like what MST3K did/does to any given film.

I miss MST3K, too.  I just introduced my daughter (she's 12) to the handful of offerings on Netflix.  I have not yet subjected her to Manos:  Hands of Fate, but I have played for her the haunting Torgo theme!

Cynnie

Today i went batshit crazy on a coworker ..this is really so unlike me, im pretty easy going .
I just hate lazy assholes sooo very very

Cynnie

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 16, 2013, 12:46:31 PM

Ugh , me and milk are not friends

ItsOver

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 16, 2013, 07:58:01 PM
I miss MST3K, too.  I just introduced my daughter (she's 12) to the handful of offerings on Netflix.  I have not yet subjected her to Manos:  Hands of Fate, but I have played for her the haunting Torgo theme!

Ah, yes, Manos.  I'm glad to see you're taking mercy on your daughter.  ;)  It is hilarious but I'm not sure how someone of her tender age might react.  Good 'ol Torgo.  I've enjoyed having him "pop-in" to BellGab over the past few months.  I'd have to say Manos and  Mitchell, with a beer swilling Joe Don Baker, were probably my favorites.  Good times, good times... have some Hamdingers, on me.

Woops!  Just an empty can.  Damn Tommy.

ItsOver

Quote from: lonevoice on November 16, 2013, 02:05:12 PM
I'm annoyed that this entire page of posts could be dropped into the "Art Bell Quits Dark Matter" thread and it would be on topic there.   On the other hand, it does serve the purpose of keeping a lot of inanity confined to that particular thread, as opposed to spreading like a virus across the whole forum.  Maybe I should cross-post this to the "Things that bring me joy" thread.   ???

;D  It's what I call "feeding the squirrels," LV.  I have pine trees surrounding my house.  Of course, they're always littering my yard with pine cones.  Besides the ones still on the trees, I like to keep a number of the cones around my yard because the squirrels enjoy munching on them.  I've never had any problem with them munching on anything of importance related to my house.  If you can't chase them away, keep them fat and happy.  ;) 

zeebo

That commentary sounds like the verbal equivalent of musak.  It's just there to let you know it's there. 

It reminds me of this bore I heard on the radio one time go on about "Do you like red wine?  I do.  But I also like white.  In fact, I think I like white more than red.  Except sometimes red is better.  Do you find that sometimes you feel like having one type, even though usually you like the other?  Some people care alot about the kind of food they have with their wine.  But not me, it's not so important.  Except with some kinds of cheeses perhaps.  How about you? Etc. etc." 

I was like some people have a gift for speaking at length without providing any real content.  Yep, verbal musak.