• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Favorite TV Shows

Started by Marc.Knight, February 19, 2011, 09:20:50 PM

Marc.Knight

I find myself watching "House" quite a lot.  It is one of the few shows that does not insult my intelligence.

http://www.fox.com/house/

onan

Quote from: Marc Knight on February 19, 2011, 09:20:50 PM
I find myself watching "House" quite a lot.  It is one of the few shows that does not insult my intelligence.

http://www.fox.com/house/

Really? your doctors go to your house and scrape for mold, do they?

I am finding myself more and more on hulu plus, rewatching the xfiles, watching 30 rock for the first time. I hate to admit I am liking the new version of Hawaii 50.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: onan on February 19, 2011, 09:50:02 PM

bwahahahahhaha!

HAL 9000

I love "The Middle," "Modern Family," "The Office" to name a few - probably because I can relate to many of the characters... plus I'm in love with Patricia Heaton (my possible future wife - that is unless Dana Delaney says "yes" first)  

ADDENDUM: Forgot to include Dexter!

b_dubb

"Farscape" was a lot of fun.  currently ... i love "Fringe" and "Stargate - Universe"

Marc.Knight

I am finding myself more and more on hulu plus, rewatching the xfiles, watching 30 rock for the first time. I hate to admit I am liking the new version of Hawaii 50.

X-files is great.

haloedorchid

Dexter, Arrested Development (DVDs). Modern Family is good, too.

Silent

I can't think of anything currently running that I watch.  My favorite of all time has to be Rome.

JustOneFix

X-files kicks major ass!  Scully ain't so bad either...

The General

I've found myself addicted to the following programs recently:

Auction Hunters
Storage Wars
Pawn Stars
American Pickers
American Restoration

I'm a sucker for antiques.  I spend my time at thrift stores and garage sales, and when I'm home I'm watching people buy them on TV.

morphiaflow

Twin Peaks (all time greatest show ever)
Babylon 5
Battlestar Galactica (new)
Star Trek (original)
The X-Files
Cheers
Taxi
Dallas
Late Night With David Letterman (NBC era)
Saturda Night Live (at least through 1995)
Soap
Bob Newhart (70s)
South Park
Beavis & Butthead
Robot Chicken
Parker Lewis Can't Lose

More I'm too lazy and tired to list right now

Frys Girl

The X-Files

True Blood

Top Gear

b_dubb

Quote from: The General on August 21, 2011, 09:32:14 PM
I've found myself addicted to the following programs recently:

Auction Hunters
Storage Wars
Pawn Stars
American Pickers
American Restoration

I'm a sucker for antiques.  I spend my time at thrift stores and garage sales, and when I'm home I'm watching people buy them on TV.
in general (pardon the expression) ... can you still find deals at thrift stores and antique shops? it seems to me that once thrifting became "vogue" that thrift stores turned "vintage" and the prices went up 500%.  i don't even bother now.  i just head to the clearance rack at REI and the occasional sale at Kohl's for clothes.  i might need to buy some furniture soon but i might just go the lame cracker route and buy Ikea.  i just really like masterfully shaped laminate board and quadrangles

fabucat

I like "House", but I'm not just into doctor shows these days.  But I sure don't hate on House-lovers.  Hugh is as good as it gets, lol.

fabucat

Quote from: hawkjones on September 16, 2011, 12:59:55 AM
I just started new one show for watching i.e. Dexter serial killer which very famous now a days. I've finished first season of this show...Really Awesome show. I think Dexter is the king of the all TV shows...

10StarMovies : More than 31000 Movies Database to Watch Movies Online & Watch The Office Online Free TV show with latest episodes.

Call me traditional, but I just can't get into a show about a serial killer.  The Sopranos were about as close as I could get, and that was tough.  Yet there are people whom I respect who live and die by the show, so I might give it a go.

CoastCanuck

I love Swamp People.  Willie is one tough dude and is my favorite.  (the missing tooth adds to his character)

fabucat

My cable provider featured HBO for free last weekend, and it was running Boardwalk Empire episodes back to back.  I normally revile folks who binge on TV for hours, but I couldn't help it.  Steve Buscemi is AWESOME, as I'm sure that many of you know.  I adore the music and the women's fashions of the 1920s.  Even if you didn't care for the acting (which is wonderful), there is so much period eye candy. 

Also, I got caught up on Treme, which I would recommend to anyone.  Once again, great music! 

HAL 9000

Quote from: hawkjones on September 16, 2011, 12:59:55 AMI just started new one show for watching i.e. Dexter serial killer which very famous now a days. I've finished first season of this show...Really Awesome show. I think Dexter is the king of the all TV shows...

You are of course, correct...

and for those of you Dexter fanatics, here is

Season 06 Episode 01

It's good, so for those that can't wait for the season to begin, I give you:

https://www.rapidshare.com/files/880713273/Dexter.S06.E01.mkv

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: fabucat on September 17, 2011, 05:03:20 PM
I like "House", but I'm not just into doctor shows these days.

I'm still a sucker for St. Elsewhere, which is probably my favorite broadcast show of all time. William Daniels was the master at playing supercilious,arrogant jerks.

Bosco

Breaking Bad....enough said.

Bosco

Quote from: HAL 9000 on September 27, 2011, 05:39:45 PM
You are of course, correct...

and for those of you Dexter fanatics, here is

Season 06 Episode 01

It's good, so for those that can't wait for the season to begin, I give you:

https://www.rapidshare.com/files/880713273/Dexter.S06.E01.mkv

Hal...

As much as I love you and the the show Dexter I can't spoil it !

My wife and I will wait until Sunday.

ps

I don't even want to know how this file even exists before the shows new season premieres.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Bosco on September 27, 2011, 08:47:40 PMI don't even want to know how this file even exists before the shows new season premieres.

It's actually "somewhat" innocent enough - depending on one's perspective ;)

It's the "real deal" - TV networks as well as movie studios always send out their products to TV/movie reviewers... some reviewers copy the DVD's and leak them to the public :) There are attempts to digitally encrypt the digital media to try and track down the reviewers who leak the stuff, but there are always ways around it.

I don't get cable so I download all my shows, hence, no commercials. Does Dexter have commercials even though it's on Showtime?

See attached mp3 for my slightly modified version of the eery Dexter theme music...

[attachment deleted by admin]

"The Equalizer"
He didn't take no shit and was a gentleman Not a lying,
cock-eating bitch like George Noory.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on September 27, 2011, 11:15:37 PM
"The Equalizer"
He didn't take no shit and was a gentleman Not a lying,
cock-eating bitch like George Noory.

And he was British...and in " The Wicker Man".

Noory Sucks.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 27, 2011, 06:38:20 PM
     I'm still a sucker for St. Elsewhere, which is probably my favorite broadcast show of all time.

What a great show that was.  I still remember the snow globe in the final episode.

With all the reality crap on TV today, it's hard to remember there was once a time when the networks produced quality stuff and stuck with it. 

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 28, 2011, 12:54:42 AM
   And he was British...and in " The Wicker Man".

Noory Sucks.

Christopher Lee and Britt Ekland in her prime made it a great film.

My favorite show is probably still "All in the Family".  I was just a kid when AITF first aired, but have grown to appreciate it over the years.  It had plenty of dud episodes, and laugh tracks can get annoying, but I always liked the way silence was used to let the weight of a scene carry for awhile.  It helped that Carroll O'Connor could change expressions from foolish to indignant to confused in a manner of seconds.  Favorite episodes include "Two's a Crowd", "Archie's Bitter Pill (part 1)", and "The Stivics Go West".

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Lovely Bones on September 28, 2011, 07:35:23 AM
What a great show that was.  I still remember the snow globe in the final episode.

With all the reality crap on TV today, it's hard to remember there was once a time when the networks produced quality stuff and stuck with it.

Because of it's initial low ratings, St Elsewhere was supposed to be cancelled in the spring of '83, but somehow got a reprieve and ended up being on until 1988. In today's TV climate..it doesn't get that second chance-probably gets axed after 13 weeks.

1) All time fav is SG1
2) Dexter
3) NCIS
4) 50
5) When Art Bell returns to radio.....