• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Backhanded Compliment Thread

Started by Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost, September 29, 2016, 07:45:56 PM

Feel free to damn with faint praise when it's appropriate, too.

Here goes: "I don't say this to just anyone, baby. But you smell exactly like my grandma did when she and my latest new grandpa and uncle got back from Sturgis when I was eight."

"

Hoarding red plastic spoons from Dairy Queen isn't as easy as you make it appear to be.

Hog

"You're the best at being a lying stinkin whore."

peace
Hog

akwilly

"Honey that dress doesn't make you look fat at all. It's you're ass that does all the talking."

Quote from: brig on September 29, 2016, 09:59:27 PM
Heather Wade for President!

"Making America great again by getting better every day!"

"You seem to be capable of washing yourself better than most morbidly obese people I've met."

When I saw your current photo on facebook, it really motivated me to exercise more and eat smarter.  You have helped me without even trying.

GravitySucks

When the company you interviewed with called to check you references, I told them I couldn't recommend you too highly.

Yorkshire pud

Don't take this the wrong way; but you're an idiot.

Yeah, I think that's a vivid idea.  Tell you what, have your agent call my agent.  Maybe they can go have lunch or something.

whoozit

Don't think it's not that I don't think you're not an idiot.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on September 30, 2016, 04:34:09 PM
Don't think it's not that I don't think you're not an idiot.

Triple negative?!  ???

zeebo

That book was inspiring - it made me think I too could be a writer.

"I've met only two anal retentives who were more orderly than you."

"This is by far the biggest She's the Sheriff Suzanne Somers bobble head collection I've ever seen in one double wide. And your 'Wall of Thighmasters' is second to none."

Quote from: akwilly on September 30, 2016, 09:10:14 PM
"This corn sure is special"

You're a sick puppy, Willy, but you're exactly as your or somebody else's deity made you. We don't get to choose our proclivities and I don't judge anything consenting adults do with each other. Even if it involves special corn.

If nothing else, you have good taste in zany fiction. I just finished The Island of the Sequined Love Nun and laughed my way through it as much as I did with the Lamb Biff Gospel book. Cheers!

zeebo

You're really cute and I haven't even started my second six-pack yet.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 30, 2016, 09:20:13 PM
You're a sick puppy, Willy, but you're exactly as your or somebody else's deity made you. We don't get to choose our proclivities, and I don't judge anything consenting adults do with each other. Even if it involves special corn.

I just realized the irony of posting that in this thread.  ;D

akwilly

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 30, 2016, 09:27:58 PM
I just realized the irony of posting that in this thread.  ;D
yes this thread makes it very hard to reply to previous posts lol

Quote from: zeebo on September 30, 2016, 09:27:37 PM
You're really cute and I haven't even started my second six-pack yet.

In my youth, I dreaded the day when I would have to trade my booze goggles for bifocals, but when that day came it was actually a great relief. Those fucking things never gave me anything but trouble.

I dig your latest hipster hat! Just don't wind up in a situation tomorrow where the only way you can escape is by gnawing off one of your cunning little paws.  :D

Cheers, buddy!

whoozit

I've never seen anyone chew their own nose off before this.

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 30, 2016, 09:57:36 PM
Cheers, buddy!

Thanks good pal.  And may I say, your thread here is easily like 10% better than the all-time classic film Polynesiantown.