• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NFL Football Fan Podcast - With The Mud King and Eddie Dean

Started by eddie dean, August 09, 2015, 06:09:36 PM

Lilith

Quote from: jaz on September 19, 2016, 07:11:17 PM
I picked them too.

Well, the good news is, that if even if they win, I will still be in very last place.  ;D :-*

jazmunda

Quote from: brig on September 19, 2016, 07:12:47 PM
Well, the good news is, that if even if they win, I will still be in very last place.  ;D :-*

And I will be in first.  :P

Praise Curtis and Eddie and John Madden.

Lilith

Quote from: jaz on September 19, 2016, 07:20:59 PM
And I will be in first.  :P

Praise Curtis and Eddie and John Madden.

October 16th was Peanuts 66th anniversary :D  Just 3 days ago.

jazmunda

Quote from: brig on September 19, 2016, 07:25:39 PM
October 16th was Peanuts 66th anniversary :D  Just 3 days ago.

Are you a time traveller? Are we in October already? I missed my birthday. :(

Lilith

Quote from: jaz on September 19, 2016, 07:32:42 PM
Are you a time traveller? Are we in October already? I missed my birthday. :(
My bad :(  I am old and get things mixed up almost constantly :(

Actually, old is no excuse, I've had this confusion with days, months, and years for almost 30 years now.  I'm starting to get used to it. I think it came from working 7 days a week, 365 days a year.  No reason to keep track of days etc, since every day was more or less the same.

jazmunda

Quote from: brig on September 19, 2016, 07:34:11 PM

Actually, old is no excuse, I've had this confusion with days, months, and years for almost 30 years now.  I'm starting to get used to it. I think it came from working 7 days a week, 365 days a year.  No reason to keep track of days etc, since every day was the same.

You are the Anti-Senda. :P

Lilith

Quote from: jaz on September 19, 2016, 07:38:55 PM
You are the Anti-Senda. :P

I had one of those jobs, where if I missed a night, I had the paperwork from two days waiting on the counter for me the next day... so....  lol's

One day during a dr visit, my dr took me back to the medical area and called an ambulance thinking I was having a stroke.  My blood pressure was 190 over 80, but I was just having a panic attack, which I thought I was able to hide from others by this time. I was ordered a week at home with no stress, for a week, and my boss brought my paperwork for me to do every night at home.  lol's

Rix Gins

Quote from: brig on September 19, 2016, 07:34:11 PM

Actually, old is no excuse, I've had this confusion with days, months, and years for almost 30 years now.  I'm starting to get used to it. I think it came from working 7 days a week, 365 days a year.  No reason to keep track of days etc.

Its cool getting old.  I get to watch my Charlie Chan movies over and over because I can never remember how they end.   

jazmunda

Quote from: brig on September 19, 2016, 07:41:26 PM
I had one of those jobs, where if I missed a night, I had the paperwork from two days waiting on the counter for me the next day... so....  lol's

One day during a dr visit, my dr took me back to the medical area and called an ambulance thinking I was having a stroke.  My blood pressure was 190 over 80, but I was just having a panic attack, which I thought I was able to hide from others by this time. I was ordered a week at home with no stress, for a week, and my boss brought my paperwork for me to do every night at home.  lol's

:'(

Lilith

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 19, 2016, 07:43:05 PM
Its cool getting old.  I get to watch my Charlie Chan movies over and over because I can never remember how they end.

I agree!  I'm looking forward to the Halloween Specials, and Christmas Movies I used to watch with my family when I was a kid this year, without worrying about when school starts back up, or missing them because of work.

akwilly

Quote from: cosmic hobo on September 21, 2016, 05:41:48 PM
Do you guys ever talk Canadian Football?
haven't heard it mentioned much but you can call in and bring it up

albrecht

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 19, 2016, 07:43:05 PM
Ha. I love Charlie Chan movies also.

Why isn't the NFL cracking-down on players protesting the USA (that make many of them millionaires?) They have strict standards on other issues (or try to do so) and almost any large business has some standards of conduct for employees or subcontractors? Especially in the days of competing sports, the college game getting to almost pro-level coverage, and less kids playing the sport due to the injury problems?
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/09/20/are-athlete-national-anthem-protests-costing-nfl-viewership/

jazmunda

Quote from: gabrielle on September 21, 2016, 07:08:52 PM
Dean and King on now.

I missed it. :'(

Did they mention the master picker? *

* football not nose ... although ....

Reportedly 74% of the people in Vegas put bets on the Texans to win...

TigerLily

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on September 23, 2016, 08:19:36 AM

A lot of optimistic drunks in Vegas

ShayP

Quote from: TigerLily on September 23, 2016, 10:19:45 AM
A lot of optimistic drunks in Vegas

I'm not in Vegas, and I was sober when I took The Texans and 6 points.   Thought it was a shoo-in.

akwilly

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on September 23, 2016, 08:19:36 AM
i always go opposite when the public opinion is so one sided in regards to the spread. What I found interesting is that the line held steady indicating a large bet or two on the pats

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on September 23, 2016, 06:12:43 PM
I'm not in Vegas, and I was sober when I took The Texans and 6 points.   Thought it was a shoo-in.

seriously..who would have really..seen that outcome thursday night..rookie qb..not a good defense the week before...than they do that

akwilly

Quote from: trostol on September 23, 2016, 10:25:51 PM
seriously..who would have really..seen that outcome thursday night..rookie qb..not a good defense the week before...than they do that
The lopsidedness that they won by surprised me more than the win itself. The Pats are 6-1 vs the Texans. Some teams just seem to have other teams numbers kinda like the Rams have vs the Seahawks.

GravitySucks

Quote from: akwilly on September 23, 2016, 10:39:55 PM
The lopsidedness that they won by surprised me more than the win itself. The Pats are 6-1 vs the Texans. Some teams just seem to have other teams numbers kinda like the Rams have vs the Seahawks.

Texans have never won in Foxboro. Lots of broken hearts here in Houston.

I am not impressed with Osweiler.

TigerLily

Quote from: ShayP on September 23, 2016, 06:12:43 PM

Atlantic City? High?

TigerLily

Quote from: brig on September 25, 2016, 11:08:37 AM
Go Bills!

They did! Congrats, brig

Wow. How about Siemian. Couldn't watch the game but those stats. 23/35, 312 yds 4 TDs

Lilith

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2016, 04:57:48 PM
They did! Congrats, brig

Wow. How about Siemian. Couldn't watch the game but those stats. 23/35, 312 yds 4 TDs

Haha!  It WAS exciting!!  Our building was very noisy...

... and the crowd was going WILD!!!  :D