• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sustainable Dieting and Health (Naps, Diet, Exercise)

Started by Jojo, October 10, 2017, 10:16:47 PM

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 24, 2018, 09:18:00 PM
ksm32 - it is a model of a microphone

OOohhhhhhhhh.  Well hot damn!  Ya learn something new everyday.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on April 24, 2018, 09:19:52 PM
OOohhhhhhhhh.  Well hot damn!  Ya learn something new everyday.

Well, it’s getting late. If you are going to teach me something you better hurry.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 24, 2018, 09:24:54 PM
Well, it’s getting late. If you are going to teach me something you better hurry.

What do want to learn?  Are you an apt pupil?

ksm32

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 24, 2018, 09:09:58 PM
Jojo,

Mr Mic guy says he’s glad you got the job, now work lots of overtime so you can buy him stuff.

lol  I have far too many condenser microphones, over 20 in fact. Wanna buy a Neumann U 87? Got three of them.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ksm32 on April 24, 2018, 09:32:16 PM
lol  I have far too many condenser microphones, over 20 in fact. Wanna buy a Neumann U 87? Got three of them.

What?! No U47 or 67? Wannbe! ::)

JK. No wonder your recordings sound so good! :D

ksm32

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 24, 2018, 09:34:58 PM
What?! No U47 or 67? Wannbe! ::)

JK. No wonder your recordings sound so good! :D

Thank you, Dr. I used to have 47 it was stolen :'(  I'd love a U 67.  There are some older Sennheirser's that I want.

dangerously close to a mic thread :-X

ShayP

Quote from: ksm32 on April 24, 2018, 09:42:31 PM
Thank you, Dr. I used to have 47 it was stolen :'(  I'd love a U 67.  There are some older Sennheirser's that I want.

dangerously close to a mic thread :-X

Jojo's gonna be pissed.

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on April 24, 2018, 09:06:54 PM
Jojo has me on ignore, could you please tell her that I too am glad that she got the job! Hopefully she gets the extra hours that she needs. << Tell her that part to! 

Thank you :)
I didnt put you on ignore!

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 26, 2018, 05:41:55 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQupvASrJeg
I was sad bec i couldt afford lactaid medicine.  However, I realized acidophilus actually helps digest lactose!  Amazing.  I gjess it makes sense, because acidophilus is in raw dairy to vegin with, before pasteurization.  But i was surprised.

I dont drink much milk.  I tried buying Lactaid milk and having a little whenever I had cheese, ice cream or yogurt.  But it's expensive too, and the theory didnt work out very well.  I guess the just put enough lactaid in each milk serving to cover that serving, not extra dairy at the same meal.  And, it was hard to find pint ones.  The half gallon is too big for me.

But anyhow, acidolphilus saves the day!  The gut is "the second brain" so I want to keep it healthy.

Jojo

Needs to be a lean night bec i had ice cream last nite and pcos is unforgiving.

New techniques to curb PM snacking:

One sesame seed at a time.
A couple granules of fiber at a time.
A caraway seed.
And the usuals, broth, water...

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on April 26, 2018, 02:45:42 PM
Needs to be a lean night bec i had ice cream last nite and pcos is unforgiving.

New techniques to curb PM snacking:

One sesame seed at a time.
A couple granules of fiber at a time.
A caraway seed.
And the usuals, broth, water...

Take a page out of Art’s playbook. Superglue on the lips.

Much easier to not snack at all than it is to try and moderate.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 26, 2018, 02:48:45 PM
Take a page out of Art’s playbook. Superglue on the lips.

Much easier to not snack at all than it is to try and moderate.
I agree, generally.  But i had success with one seed at a time and one grain at a time, too.

Today was great for exercise, but I ate too much!  Guilty, guilty, guilty!

Jojo

Quote from: Chine on April 26, 2018, 03:09:47 PM
Love this thread. Yogi here.

That's incredibly adorable!  I've had a lot of cats.  My dogs were a second hand black lab wolf mix, and for a short time i took care of an American bulldog mix.  Both were clever clowns.  After my lab passed away, a friend drew his face for me, the way he used to grin while biting half his lip.  Right now, I live in a house ful of many very short cats and dogs... But only one is mine.

ksm32

Quote from: Jojo on April 27, 2018, 04:51:35 AM
I agree, generally.  But i had success with one seed at a time and one grain at a time, too.

Today was great for exercise, but I ate too much!  Guilty, guilty, guilty!
What was it that you ate too much of? That determines the level of guilt. I can eat an entire chocolate deep n' delicious cake in one sitting. That's a load o' guilt right there.. Yummy guilt.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ksm32 on April 27, 2018, 04:15:01 PM
What was it that you ate too much of? That determines the level of guilt. I can eat an entire chocolate deep n' delicious cake in one sitting. That's a load o' guilt right there.. Yummy guilt.

How do you atone for such gluttony? ???

ksm32

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 27, 2018, 04:27:01 PM
How do you atone for such gluttony? ???

- One helluva home gym.
- Very physical day job.
- Very little TV time, and when I do watch something I'm usually standing watching a game at the bar centered in the middle of the studio. There really should be a man-cave pictures thread.

The said chocolaty occurrence happens, maybe three times a year. Chocolate is Kryptonite. I cave every time.  Lava cake? Good Lord.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ksm32 on April 27, 2018, 07:28:30 PM
- One helluva home gym.
- Very physical day job.
- Very little TV time, and when I do watch something I'm usually standing watching a game at the bar centered in the middle of the studio. There really should be a man-cave pictures thread.

The said chocolaty occurrence happens, maybe three times a year. Chocolate is Kryptonite. I cave every time.  Lava cake? Good Lord.

It's understandable. I can get that way with chocolate too. Mutherfucker, I said chocolatey! I want that cake to start absorbing light! ;D

Jojo

I am Celiac (cant eat wheat/flour) so it's rare to find gluten free cake, and I cant control what size is sold.  It was okay to have a huge piece.  It was layered cake.  It was good.

But somehow the other half of it ended up in my room the very same evening.  Should have left that in the trunk.  At least i was able to throw some of it away.  I had some lemon water to slow digestion.

From now on, I will tie a hard knot in the remains bag.  Then put it in another bag.  Out-of-sight, out-of-mind.  Then I'll put it in a difficult place to reach in the trunk.  I dont mind having it several days later, it keeps well, but not the same day.

Atonement is impossible - the thang had about 2000 calories!  But I walkercized 120 minutes in four days, most of which was atonement.  And abstained from all added fat again.  And eating some meals while standing, and standing instead of sitting.

I am a hypoglycemic, which means my body doesn't burn fat very well.  I can burn some fat, but I can't go actually hungry very long without risking a crisis.  So it's really important not to overeat.

Food stopped flowing a month ago.  So that actually creates stress eating.  Food should get better the second week in May.  Work schedules constantly prevent trips to the food bank, yet work doesnt pay enough for groceries.

By the way, there is a mancave thread.

Chocolate has a lot of magnesium.  You can live on chocolate for a while.  Carob is good too, no caffeine plus it detoxes a little and has other health benefits i forget.

ksm32

Quote from: Jojo on April 27, 2018, 10:20:35 PM
I am Celiac

Hi Celiac,

There are health benefits in a store bought chocolate cake from my GROCERS FREEZER!

Jojo

By the way, I have food.  It's not flowing the way I prefer, but there is food.  I'm just a bit frustrated over convenience foods.