• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

Swishypants

Pud! Because of my loyalty of my time with the SAS, I will hide you! Come with me!

albrecht

Classic. Trump should try this tactic when Clinton's media question him on some issue.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-09/thai-leader-tells-reporters-to-quiz-cardboard-cut-out-of-him/9314172

"Prime Minister has evaded journalists' questions by bringing out a life-sized cardboard cut-out of himself and telling reporters to quiz it instead of him."

"In the past he has fondled the ear of a sound technician for several minutes during an impromptu news conference, flung a banana peel at cameramen and threatened, with gruff humour, to execute any journalist who criticised his Government."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on January 09, 2018, 06:16:48 PM
Classic. Trump should try this tactic when Clinton's media question him on some issue.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-09/thai-leader-tells-reporters-to-quiz-cardboard-cut-out-of-him/9314172

"Prime Minister has evaded journalists' questions by bringing out a life-sized cardboard cut-out of himself and telling reporters to quiz it instead of him."

"In the past he has fondled the ear of a sound technician for several minutes during an impromptu news conference, flung a banana peel at cameramen and threatened, with gruff humour, to execute any journalist who criticised his Government."

The lefties will just say Why? The real thing is already just like that. Ha! Beat you to it!  :D

Gd5150

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/david-letterman-announces-obama-as-first-guest-on-new-netflix-show-releases-trailer/

Yawn. If Letterman wanted ratings, or to do something new, he’d do a puff interview with President Trump on the golf course. Instead we get the 10 zillionth puff piece interview with Obama shooting hoops talking about his favorite yada yada.

History will record him as one of the bottom 3 presidents in history. Ran up 10 trillion in debt. 1% Economic growth. Destruction of the healthcare system. Reignited race war. Disgraceful foreign policy. Such a wasted opportunity.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 09, 2018, 07:56:38 PM
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/david-letterman-announces-obama-as-first-guest-on-new-netflix-show-releases-trailer/

Yawn. If Letterman wanted ratings, or to do something new, he’d do a puff interview with President Trump on the golf course. Instead we get the 10 zillionth puff piece interview with Obama shooting hoops talking about his favorite yada yada.

History will record him as one of the bottom 3 presidents in history. Ran up 10 trillion in debt. 1% Economic growth. Destruction of the healthcare system. Reignited race war. Disgraceful foreign policy. Such a wasted opportunity.

That stings. I really thought Letterman would be a Trump guy.  :'(

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 09, 2018, 08:02:53 PM

The Hollywood KGB Machine won't allow it. He probably is in secret.

Gd5150

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 09, 2018, 08:02:53 PM

Nah he’s been a left wing buffoon since he moved to CBS. Sucks too, his show in the 80s was great stuff.

This ones for Pud. 😄.

https://youtu.be/wF57kxWpsRE

Gd5150

Hilarious! Another amazing post from the 3rd funniest guy in political commentary. 200,000 views today. His audience is bigger than CNN.

https://youtu.be/2YXDqc-4Ee4

Swishypants

I haven't watched Television or been to a movie theater in 17 years. It's so weird to see clips like that. I have zero idea who most celebrities are now and I'm damn glad of it!

albrecht

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 09, 2018, 09:44:32 PM
Hilarious! Another amazing post from the 3rd funniest guy in political commentary. 200,000 views today. His audience is bigger than CNN.

https://youtu.be/2YXDqc-4Ee4
Some actor gave a racist gesture a few minutes in. Remember the "ok" hand sign  is some kind of "alt-right" racist deal now.  In some countries always considered offensive or even, in the case of Arabs, evil.

Swishypants

The entire movie industry is dead. Only the dumbass Chicoms keep it alive. They will watch ANYTHING!

Up All Night

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 09, 2018, 07:56:38 PM

Barbara Walters wasn't available to do the puff piece with Barry.

Up All Night

Quote from: Swishypants on January 09, 2018, 10:03:25 PM
The entire movie industry is dead. Only the dumbass Chicoms keep it alive. They will watch ANYTHING!

The Hollywood Movie Industry is now a Global Industry, and for many films now, it's not what Americans would mostly want, but what would Asians mostly want...

One dimensional characters with lots of booms, bangs, monsters, and super-heros.

Asian super-heros.... sorry NAACP

Jackstar

Quote from: Swishypants on January 08, 2018, 01:47:09 PM
I dunno dude. What? Is this really important?

It's a simple question. It would seem your encyclopedia of knowledge has its limits.

Gd5150

Quote from: Up All Night on January 10, 2018, 01:30:38 AM
The Hollywood Movie Industry is now a Global Industry, and for many films now, it's not what Americans would mostly want, but what would Asians mostly want...

One dimensional characters with lots of booms, bangs, monsters, and super-heros.

Asian super-heros.... sorry NAACP

In the interest of racial diversity...I can live with that.

Swishypants

Why someone hasn't stepped up to the plate to create an America-centric film industry is beyond me. Billions of dollars in profit don't interest anyone?

albrecht

More evidence Oprah going to run? Posting pics about her in mud? Try to get sympathies and get the "warming" crowd on her side?
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/01/09/oprahs-home-affected-by-southern-california-mudslides/
ps: I thought she was from Chicago? I guess like Barak claims so but lives elsewhere?

TigerLily

"The past is prologue", "History repeats itself", "Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it"

I'm listening to an excellent series of podcasts called "Slow Burn". We keep reading and hearing about Watergate in comparison to Russiagate but for most of us Watergate is distant history. Being a history buff and a bit of a political wonk maybe I know a little more than most about it. But still not what it was like to live through those times.

This podcast unfolds the whole story beginning pretty much from where the public first became aware of the break in with the arraignment of the perpetrators. It stays rooted in that time, being all and only about this subject with no mention of current events. "Slow Burn" really gives the sense of being there at the time it was happening. Even with a sense of "What's going to happen next?" for the listener. But of course the comparison to Russiagate is an easy logical step.

TigerLily recommended. Each episode is around 30 minutes. I'm listening on TuneIn, just search "Slow Burn podcast". And here is the website to listen to the podcasts and I'm assuming the RSS feed

http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/slow_burn.html

Gd5150

Saw part of this the other day. I like the idea of it. Accomplished people in their fields, discussing issues with open minds, offering solutions. And capitalizing the whole goodfellas feel. Some improved production values, lighting, cameras, they might have something.

Need a few more pinky rings, and don’t forget the cannolis.

https://youtu.be/faZPp0-aYV0

Swishypants

Quote from: TigerLily on January 10, 2018, 12:37:32 PM
"The past is prologue", "History repeats itself", "Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it"

I'm listening to an excellent series of podcasts called "Slow Burn".

That's not a podcast! That's your Herpes flairing up whore!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on January 10, 2018, 12:37:32 PM

I'm listening to an excellent series of podcasts called "Slow Burn". We keep reading and hearing about Watergate in comparison to Russiagate but for most of us Watergate is distant history. Being a history buff and a bit of a political wonk maybe I know a little more than most about it. But still not what it was like to live through those times.

This podcast unfolds the whole story beginning pretty much from where the public first became aware of the break in with the arraignment of the perpetrators. It stays rooted in that time, being all and only about this subject with no mention of current events. "Slow Burn" really gives the sense of being there at the time it was happening. Even with a sense of "What's going to happen next?" for the listener. But of course the comparison to Russiagate is an easy logical step.

TigerLily recommended. Each episode is around 30 minutes. I'm listening on TuneIn, just search "Slow Burn podcast". And here is the website to listen to the podcasts and I'm assuming the RSS feed

http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/slow_burn.html

Thanks but I'm trying to reduce the amount of establishment propaganda I expose myself to. I just find I feel better when I do. You should try it!  ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 10, 2018, 12:55:23 PM
Thanks but I'm trying to reduce the amount of establishment propaganda I expose myself to. I just find I feel better when I do. You should try it!  ;)

I posted this for independent thinkers. Not the brainwashed "true believers". Not in a million years do I think you and your ilk would listen; its history

You feel better when your deepset beliefs aren't challenged and you don't have to ... you know ... think. I understand opiates and soporifics have the same effect

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on January 10, 2018, 01:14:30 PM
I posted this for independent thinkers. Not the brainwashed "true believers". Not in a million years do I think you and your ilk would listen; its history

How did you ever come across it then? Surely, it must've had party approval first?! :D

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 10, 2018, 01:17:59 PM
How did you ever come across it then? Surely, it must've had party approval first?! :D

From the Google machine while reading about Watergate

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on January 10, 2018, 01:14:30 PM
You feel better when your deepset beliefs aren't challenged and you don't have to ... you know ... think. I understand opiates and soporifics have the same effect

This is your whole problem. People like me do think and encourage others to do so. Soon everyone will see through your bullshit. You can't stop me! Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on January 10, 2018, 01:18:43 PM
Reading about Watergate

Of course, that ALWAYS has party approval with you guys. ;) ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 10, 2018, 01:20:51 PM
Of course, that ALWAYS has party approval with you guys. ;) ;)

I'm in the mood for an intelligent discussion. Time to leave Bellgab

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 10, 2018, 01:19:49 PM
This is your whole problem. People like me do think and encourage others to do so. Soon everyone will see through your bullshit. You can't stop me! Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Well thankfully, you're keeping the world on the straight and narrow.. How did you come to the conclusion that this website was the go to stopping off point for international and domestic reference?