• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

fysisist

Quote from: thefamilyghost on November 15, 2011, 09:25:35 PM
George tried to sound like Mr. Morality last night. When they first brought on Jack Canfield, Jack mentioned how his wife works with prisoners. George, in his typical, "we have sooooo many listeners/your website is down right now cuz we mentioned it!" way, said 'You know we are the most listened to show in prisons!' or something to that effect, to which Jack replied "...cool  ???" Then George said something about how he responds to emails from prisoners, except if they're pedophiles. He made that point very clear. No pedophiles, nuh uh. Just something you have to hear to really get how holier-than-thou George tried to sound...its was a really uncomfortable moment!

From what I understand, not having any first-hand knowledge, C2C with GN is the number one show among pedophiles. 

Tara

Quote from: thefamilyghost on November 15, 2011, 09:25:35 PM
George tried to sound like Mr. Morality last night. When they first brought on Jack Canfield, Jack mentioned how his wife works with prisoners. George, in his typical, "we have sooooo many listeners/your website is down right now cuz we mentioned it!" way, said 'You know we are the most listened to show in prisons!' or something to that effect, to which Jack replied "...cool  ???" Then George said something about how he responds to emails from prisoners, except if they're pedophiles. He made that point very clear. No pedophiles, nuh uh. Just something you have to hear to really get how holier-than-thou George tried to sound...its was a really uncomfortable moment!

Noory continues to be a liar.  Do you really believe that a guy in prison would email Noory and say he's doing time for molesting a child?  The inmate would simply leave that part out.  I hate Noory's lack of basic intelligence, but his continual lying makes my skin crawl. 

kf5iwe

I understand C2C is very popular in State College penn. just sayin'
George Noory sucks!!

Quote from: Tara on November 16, 2011, 02:49:53 PM
Noory continues to be a liar.  Do you really believe that a guy in prison would email Noory and say he's doing time for molesting a child?  The inmate would simply leave that part out.  I hate Noory's lack of basic intelligence, but his continual lying makes my skin crawl.

Now that we've heard his mother tunes in every night, then critiques his performance, his moralistic, political, and religious comments should be considered with that in mind... unless he was lying about that too..

If she truly listens, then complains, obviously his lack of hosting and interviewing skills aren't the problem with her or he would have attempted to address some of that years ago.

SnapT

Strange that Noory draws the line at that, but doesn't mention murder.  What if an inmate simply MURDERED a child, with no touching?  Does he still get to be Noory's prison penpal?

analog kid

I doubt they would share such information, as, if it got around the prison, the guy would be knifed probably.

WOTR

When Noory says that he spends all day doing prep he is being honest.  I think he runs a background check on everybody who contacts him just to see if he is "superior" to them.  Digs up tax statements, contacts the DMV to find out if they are a good driver and what model they own and searches for a criminal past.

It is my best guess as I am positive that he can not spend all day preparing for the show...

Scully

My first thought exactly -- how would he know from their email what their crime was?  Do they scan in a business card that says "Pedophiles R Us"?

To be a good liar, Jorch, you've got to be able to think things through.  ::)

valdez

Gerald Celente usually sounds pissed when he's just chitchatting with George, but tonight he was really pissed.  It seems somebody took a big chunk of change out of his gold investments, or something.  "There is no justice for the guys in the white shoes!"  I don't even know what that means.  Hoagland came on to gloat about water being found on Europa.  Not as exciting as "life" being found, but I know water is important, and all that.  Craig Smith on the economy.  It was your usual "guest says something smart/George says something dumb" routine.  Annie Wilder on ghost.  Sometimes you can just tell by the voice when some of these guest are "babes".  Just saying.

Annie Wilder
Wilder

Lovely Bones

Quote from: valdez on November 17, 2011, 04:50:44 AM
       Annie Wilder on ghost.  Sometimes you can just tell by the voice when some of these guest are "babes".  Just saying.

Which didn't stop Jorch from interrupting her more interesting stories with crap like, "Could it have been angels?"

jconrad

I think this site has more than adequately dis-proven the old adage, "There's no such thing as a stupid question."

Morgus

Quote from: valdez on November 17, 2011, 04:50:44 AM"There is no justice for the guys in the white shoes!"
do you mean like PeeWee Herman?  8)

Morgus

Noory has added another of his childhood TV idols for the first hour tonight:
First Hour: Actor and musician Bill Mumy reminisces about his roles in Twilight Zone and Lost in Space.

Morgus

Quote from: Lovely Bones on November 17, 2011, 08:42:13 AM
Which didn't stop Jorch from interrupting her more interesting stories with crap like, "Could it have been angels?"
actually last night he used the negative entity alternative: "could the ghosts really have been DEMONS?"  :o

Morgus

Quote from: valdez on November 17, 2011, 04:50:44 AM
     Gerald Celente usually sounds pissed when he's just chitchatting with George, but tonight he was really pissed.  It seems somebody took a big chunk of change out of his gold investments, or something.
that was very ironic how Celente has been pushing folks to invest in gold for years for safety, and he lost a million dollars himself investing in gold futures.
would have been safer stuffing cash under his mattress...  8)

fysisist

How many times is Jorch going to trot out Bill Mumy to go over that same old same old?  Jesus, it's a nice story and all but it's BEEN DONE. 

Morgus

Quote from: fysisist on November 17, 2011, 01:19:43 PM
How many times is Jorch going to trot out Bill Mumy to go over that same old same old?  Jesus, it's a nice story and all but it's BEEN DONE.
expect the usual over and over again tonight.
Noory will get Mumy to quote some of his Twilight Zone kid lines in a little boy voice like "thats a good thing, a very good thing..."  :o

Quote from: jconrad on November 17, 2011, 12:56:08 PM
I think this site has more than adequately dis-proven the old adage, "There's no such thing as a stupid question."

George enjoys disproving the sayings that apply to most of the rest of us.  Others include 'be yourself' and '90% of life is just showing up'.

One quote he couldn't wait to disprove was 'George get's it'.

beachcomber

...when some guest tells GN, "That's a loaded question",  he says "ALL of my questions are loaded."

Does that mean he thinks all of his questions are fraught with significance and carefully designed to stump the guests?

Anyway, when the show revolves around to the story about the big bird that picks up the boy in the backyard and would have carried him off if the mom hadn't swung into action with a broomstick, GN inevitably asks, "What do you think the bird would have done with him?"
or - "How would you feel if a gigantic bird picked up your child and carried him off?"

You should ask your own Mother that question, George, when she calls up to criticize your hosting style.

"It's nature's way, son."

Quote from: beachcomber on November 17, 2011, 06:05:19 PM
...when some guest tells GN, "That's a loaded question",  he says "ALL of my questions are loaded."

Loaded indeed. Like a full diaper on an infant.

Morgus

Quote from: beachcomber on November 17, 2011, 06:05:19 PM
he means all his questions are loaded, with stupidity...  :P

Scully

Just thought I'd throw this tidbit into the shark tank.  8)

The Varsity News

Out of this world
U of D grad George Noory takes to the airwaves at night to discuss everything extraterrestrial
By Tommy Zimmer
VN Special Writer

Published: Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Updated: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 22:11

George Noory

On any given night, university alum George Noory â€" host of the nation's most popular overnight radio show â€" may touch on time travel, aliens, UFOs, vampires, 9-11 conspiracies and near-death experiences.

"A belief in a higher power and whether you tap into it is present in everything I do," said Noory, whose "Coast to Coast AM" show is heard on more than 550 radio stations and in every major-media market in America. He is, according to a 2010 profile in The Atlantic Magazine, "the voice in the darkness for millions of Americans."

Noory was born in Detroit and grew up in Dearborn Heights. As a boy he became fascinated with UFOs and other phenomena. He read a book that got him interested in what would become the subject matter of his show.

"It was ‘We Are Not Alone' by Walter Sullivan," Noory said. He was 13 at the time.

Being a fan of the supernatural was not the only thing that made Noory stand out.

"My father was born in Egypt" and worked as an analyst at Ford Motor Company, said Noory. When it came time for college, Noory's father had dreams for him.

"My father wanted me to be a dentist," Noory said.

But Noory wanted to go into broadcast and studied the subject at the University of Detroit, graduating in 1972.

"I wanted to cover strange things," Noory said. His interest in the supernatural drove him.

However, his choices did not always match those of his bosses in the news business.

"News wanted me to cover normal things," Noory said.

His entrée into broadcast journalism came through a friend.

"A friend worked at Channel 7," Noory said. "I filled in for two weeks."

As he worked, Noory grew increasingly influenced by a certain type of radio.

"I listened to talk radio," Noory said. He said he succeeded and failed a lot early in his career, rising to news director positions and winning top awards in regional TV and radio markets.

However, the golden opportunity came for him when he was in his forties and trying to figure out his life.

"I got a job in St. Louis," Noory said.

Noory hosted an overnight show that focused on the unexplained, and he became known as The Nighthawk.

In time, his St. Louis gig led to an opportunity to host "Coast to Coast AM," which had been made famous by radio legend Art Bell.

When Bell retired, Noory took over the show permanently. In the years since, its audience has grown.

"I am an extremely spiritual person," Noory said. "I may not be a proponent of organized religion, though."

Noory's style contrasts the loud, more raucous tone of Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck, who are on the same Premiere Radio Networks as Noory. (In Detroit, Noory can be heard on WYXT 1270 AM from 1 to 6 a.m.)

Noory describes his political views as Libertarian.

"I just want the government to tell people the truth," Noory said. "If you give money out, help the people."

Noory's national profile has helped him launch several books, including "Talking to the Dead," which was released last month and co-authored with Rosemary Ellen Guilley.

His success has impressed many who knew Noory back in his days on campus.

John Smyntek, also a 1972 graduate, become an editor with the Detroit Free Press and covered the radio industry for many years. He has followed Noory's career.

"George broadened the show to discuss science (especially the shrinking space program, natural phenomena, like earthquakes and meteors ,and, of course, crop circles) and government secrecy and conspiracy theories and theoreticians," said Smyntek.

He said those topics separate him from the usual political talk radio hosts â€" and have helped him find a massive audience.

Writing in The Atlantic, author Timothy Lavin said Noory "has perfected a charged and conspiratorial worldview that now pervades American media."

He wrote, "It's quite possibly the oddest show ever to cross our airwaves. And it may change the radio business forever."

El Kragen

Scully beat me to the post. I'll leave this part cause I though it was funny.

It's the usual Snoory back story. Nothing new but did gives us this gem:

"I am an extremely spiritual person," Noory said. "I may not be a proponent of organized religion, though."

lolwut? You either are or are not.

Sy-Klone

Quote from: Scully on November 17, 2011, 08:39:25 PM
When Bell retired, Noory took over the show permanently. In the years since, its audience has grown.

I have nothing to back it up, but I find this statement dubious. C2CAM grew rapidly between 1994 and 1999...I know that it was carried by more than 500 affiliates at one point, if not more. Maybe it continued growing for a time as Art was handing off, but this makes it sound like the audience is bigger than ever. Again, I have nothing to back it up, but I doubt that.

On any given night, university alum George Noory â€" host of the nation's most popular overnight radio show â€" may touch on time travel, aliens, UFOs, vampires, 9-11 conspiracies and near-death experiences.

'How are yoo', 'whut gotyuh innerested in...', 'whut's yer website', 'whut's nexsct foryuh'.  Yeah George touches on a lot of subjects.  Barely.

Noory was born in Detroit and grew up in Dearborn Heights. As a boy he became fascinated with UFOs and other phenomena. He read a book that got him interested in what would become the subject matter of his show.

"It was ‘We Are Not Alone' by Walter Sullivan," Noory said. He was 13 at the time.

I thought it all started with his out of body experience, and a book about that.

John Smyntek, also a 1972 graduate, become an editor with the Detroit Free Press and covered the radio industry for many years. He has followed Noory's career.

"George broadened the show to discuss science (especially the shrinking space program, natural phenomena, like earthquakes and meteors ,and, of course, crop circles) and government secrecy and conspiracy theories and theoreticians," said Smyntek.

Nice job following The Snorge's career, John.  No mention of his complete lack of interviewing skill or lack of show preparation.  No mention of all the information George has (not) been able to elicit from the guests or gleaned through his own (lack of) research.  Some editor this guy must be.

Pretty sure George did not broaden the show to include any of these things.  Art was already doing them long before The Snoron showed up.  Do editors at the Detroit Free Press still check facts?

I wonder if this student newspaper reporter, the editor, or any of these other people ever listen to the show, or are they like the PremRat folks who just listen to George talk about the show. 

Morgus

Noory's first hour guest is on now - Billy Mumy.
Of course Noory starts right off with an old audio clip of Billy as a little kid on a 50 year old Twilight Zone episode.
Billy said "you are a bad man, a very bad man"
Sounded like he was referring to Noory...  8)

Morgus

Noory is trying to talk music with Billy Mumy now, even claiming he is "hip" and enjoys Lady Gaga.
What a laugh, in reality Noory's fav music is old Frank Sinatra tunes and obviously he never listened to any rock and roll in the 60s and later.  :P

God damnit George, you incredible moron.

'I'm just having a hard time understanding what happened before the big bang. It's FRUSTRATING!  :-\'

Spoken as if this is a question that some people know the answer too, but poor ol' George, he's just tryin' so hard, and, gosh darnit  :(, he just doesn't get it. He sits and thinks, and he thinks and he sits, but he just can't wrap his head around what happened before big bang. Maybe one day he'll understand, if he keeps up his reading on pre-big bang physics. He's so close though! Yesterday he almost figured out what happened before the big bang. He almost had it, but then it slipped out of his mind.  :P

Why does he have to ask questions that are impossible to answer? He must really think that physics is just big bangs and time travelling. And yet one time I heard him use the term 'capacitor' correctly, so he definitely knows something...

I didn't even make it through five minutes of show tonight before changing to NPR. A new record.

Morgus

Quote from: thefamilyghost on November 18, 2011, 01:33:38 AM
God damnit George, you incredible moron.

'I'm just having a hard time understanding what happened before the big bang. It's FRUSTRATING!  :-\'

and thats just one of the science questions Noory has asked guests hundreds of times before.
he seems to forget their answer and asks it over and over again, never seeming to ever learn anything from the guests...  :o