• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

astroguy

Quote from: valdez on November 11, 2011, 06:19:30 AM... and then someone who just might be insane, Andrew Basiago.

Oh, he's insane.  A soon as I snag last night's episode off the interwebs, I'll do a post about it, but for the moment, I have two previous posts up going into some of his idiocy (mainly quantum mechanics appeals and blowing up images 1000x, stretching them, and then finding life on Mars.

Minus Mr. Noory, last night's show wasn't awful. It was somewhat spontaneous and interesting. And crazy. Really crazy. Which is good now and then...

I just checked the 'chat' that Noory had this past week.. I was gone from this message board for a bit, but were they any comments on Noory praising Art Bell?? Almost a last ditched effort to suck up enough for him to come back?

M Knight

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 11, 2011, 12:32:21 PM
I just checked the 'chat' that Noory had this past week.. I was gone from this message board for a bit, but were they any comments on Noory praising Art Bell?? Almost a last ditched effort to suck up enough for him to come back?

Noory praising someone is impossible.  It is in the opposite direction of suck.

Morgus

interesting that Noory labels some middle east countries as 'hateful'
he must think they are made of groups of the 'haters' he has mentioned many times before, like he labels the regular members here...  :P

fysisist

I watched some of the chat, first time ever.  Geo and Tommy, what a couple of dopey looking mofos.  Then towards the end, Geo and Tommy start emphasizing how the calls are unscreened for Geo because he doesn't know who Tommy is screening out and Tommy doesn't tell him what the caller's topic is.  So even though Tommy screens the calls, they are unscreened as far as Geo is concerned.  Uh.... OK.... if you say so. 

Quote from: fysisist on November 11, 2011, 01:59:00 PM
I watched some of the chat, first time ever.  Geo and Tommy, what a couple of dopey looking mofos.  Then towards the end, Geo and Tommy start emphasizing how the calls are unscreened for Geo because he doesn't know who Tommy is screening out and Tommy doesn't tell him what the caller's topic is.  So even though Tommy screens the calls, they are unscreened as far as Geo is concerned.  Uh.... OK.... if you say so.

Too bad they don't spend as much time trying to put out a quality show as they do trying to cover all George's various inadequacies..

'Whut is this thing, that's my name on it.  Isn't it?'

Morgus

Quote from: fysisist on November 11, 2011, 01:59:00 PMGeo and Tommy start emphasizing how the calls are unscreened for Geo because he doesn't know who Tommy is screening out and Tommy doesn't tell him what the caller's topic is.  So even though Tommy screens the calls, they are unscreened as far as Geo is concerned. 
that just shows that nimwit Noory doesn't even know what unscreened calls means.
screening calls filters out some callers before they get on the air, possibly losing the most interesting ones before the host gets them.
its not about what the host knows or doesn't know, its the filtering process thats the issue.
unscreened means no call screener - the call must go direct to the host with nobody in between.
Noory never would have the courage to do that, he might get flooded with calls from his so-called 'haters' otherwise...  :o

fysisist

Quote from: Morgus on November 11, 2011, 02:20:16 PM
that just shows that nimwit Noory doesn't even know what unscreened calls means.
screening calls filters out some callers before they get on the air, possibly losing the most interesting ones before the host gets them.
its not about what the host knows or doesn't know, its the filtering process thats the issue.
unscreened means no call screener - the call must go direct to the host with nobody in between.
Noory never would have the courage to do that, he might get flooded with calls from his so-called 'haters' otherwise...  :o

you could tell from the way he said it and the cheesy look on his face that even he didn't believe it.  But it was vaguely interesting for a couple minutes to watch these two clowns and really see what a couple of bunglers they are.  George with his jet black hair, eyebrows, and mustache.  Tommy looking about 80 lbs overweight and slicked back hair covering his bald spot.  A couple of smooth operators if ever there was. 

Quote from: Morgus on November 11, 2011, 02:20:16 PM
... Noory never would have the courage to do that, he might get flooded with calls from his so-called 'haters' otherwise...  :o

A real head-scratcher for him why he hasn't won people over after all these years

Morgus

After years of telling of seeing the 11-11 number combination repeatedly, Noory's special day is finally here.
Wonder what will happen today that would relate to him seeing 11-11 so many times?  :o

Don't bet on it. Probably just a marketing ploy to sell his book to that "other" demographic. Us.

Usagi

Apparently, according to Noory, we had better watched out for the Iranian's because "they invented arithmetic."

Arithmetic... yeah. 

Quote from: Morgus on November 11, 2011, 01:49:32 PM
the 'haters' he has mentioned many times before, like he labels the regular members here...  :P

Oh, who do we hate again?     {{snicker, snarffff, snuckle, mmmfffmmm}}

kf5iwe

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 11, 2011, 02:11:00 PM

Too bad they don't spend as much time trying to put out a quality show as they do trying to cover all George's various inadequacies..

'Whut is this thing, that's my name on it.  Isn't it?'
My insurance plan costs me $200.00 per ER visit. I almost had to go tonight and get my ribs taped when I read this. I also almost pooed on myself and my computer chair. But only 5 more hours til radio excellence airs again. Stand by as Noory drops a duece on america tonight yet again, that bastard. my teeth still hurt I laughed so hard!

Eddie Coyle

"Talking to the Dead"

It's how Noory's guests feel...

Morgus

Noory revealed tonight his mother's name is Georgette.
So now we know where he got his name from...   ;D

Morgus

Noory is holding over second hour guest the Number's Lady over for the third hour, reducing open lines to the final hour.
Norry will probably sneak out early in the last hour too and go to an old replay since on the c2c website he has a live event to host at 11am tomorrow in LA.

astroguy

Quote from: Morgus on November 12, 2011, 02:13:45 AM
Norry will probably sneak out early in the last hour too and go to an old replay since on the c2c website he has a live event to host at 11am tomorrow in LA.

Let's see if your psychic prediction comes true. ;)

I'm actually curious 'cause I've noticed this before when he'll stick a replay of an old show on for the last hour or half hour.  What are the reasons for doing this (I mean beyond laziness)?  Like, is it when he has something the next day early? Or are there other circumstances?

Quote from: Morgus on November 12, 2011, 02:13:45 AM
Noory is holding over second hour guest the Number's Lady over for the third hour, reducing open lines to the final hour.

Did he find his 11-11 cue card?

George:  'Uh, I allus see 11-11's evry where.  I'm dooin' sumpthin' an' jus' look up an' there it is again.  Dooyuh think it means sumpthin'?  Do yoo see 'em too?'

Quote from: Morgus on November 12, 2011, 01:47:46 AM

He also said that she calls him a lot to tell him she didn't like a particular show.  Seriously, he said this.  George's mother calls him to complain about his shows.    This is more than even many Coast Gabbers might guess.

valdez

Noory revealed tonight his mother's name is Georgette.  So now we know where he got his name from...   ;D
Quote from: DangerousBlossom on November 12, 2011, 02:40:54 AM
He also said that she calls him a lot to tell him she didn't like a particular show.  Seriously, he said this.  George's mother calls him to complain about his shows.    This is more than even many Coast Gabbers might guess.

I dig veterans, I am a veteran, but did George really have to play the themes to all the branches of service?  Maybe as bumper music it might have worked, but back to back?  Did he play the Coast Guard song?  Do they have one?  Somebody named Dannion Brinkley, who does good things for our battle scarred heros, then the ever sexy Glynis McCants listened to George talk about himself.  The moment he said he wasn't named after his mom, there was no doubt he was.  During open lines George reported that there were shots fired around the White House.  "Must be one of those drive-bys."  Yeah, just another drive-by shooting at the White House.  Shut up, George.  Play your little ufo song and beat it.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: valdez on November 12, 2011, 07:21:13 AM

I dig veterans, I am a veteran, but did George really have to play the themes to all the branches of service?  Maybe as bumper music it might have worked, but back to back?  Did he play the Coast Guard song?  Do they have one? 

Yeah, he played the Coast Guard song.  I was not aware they had one.  So score one for Noory.  I learned one thing from him.

As for the numbers lady segment, did anyone else think most of it turned out to be the George Noory Family History Hour?  I gave up.  Maybe it got better. 

El Kragen

Quote from: valdez on November 12, 2011, 07:21:13 AM

I dig veterans, I am a veteran, but did George really have to play the themes to all the branches of service?  Maybe as bumper music it might have worked, but back to back?  Did he play the Coast Guard song?  Do they have one? 

I lol'd when he said "and we can't forget...Coast Guard" I was shocked he didn't throw in the National Guard and Civil Air Patrol to make it an even 20 minutes of wasted air time. I don't remember him doing that last year but it's not surprising, every show George does is better than the next.   

OK, Georgette, whoever you are.  You are safe here.  We understand it's NOT YOUR FAULT.  Reveal yourself.        And tell us lots of stories...    8)

And his creativity.

11angeleyes11

Do you think she could be some forum member in cognito? 

Morgus

Quote from: valdez on November 12, 2011, 07:21:13 AMbut did George really have to play the themes to all the branches of service?  Maybe as bumper music it might have worked, but back to back?  Did he play the Coast Guard song?  Do they have one? 
Yes Noory did indeed play the full coast guard theme song, after playing the army, navy, and marine corps themes.
That went on way too long, most of the first half-hour.
He has done that every year at this time before.
Must give him 20minutes to goof off and not have to talk on the air too...  8)

Morgus

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on November 12, 2011, 09:58:38 AM
Do you think she could be some forum member in cognito?
its possible since one of Noory's daughters has apparently done that before on other forums.  8)