• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

jblank

Art Bell is a child in a man's body and this kind of behavior confirms that. The "play the game the way I want, or I take my ball and go home" thing is so juvenile, so selfish, and so unprofessional, that it astounds me. This is a dis-service to his fans and frankly to his legacy. Shame on him!

AppealPlay

Quote from: Ravenna on November 04, 2013, 07:38:09 PM
I feel there is still hope as long as Artbell.com is up and being updated, and it is.  It could be that Art will wrestle himself OUT of his contract with Sirius (I wonder how tough THAT will be), and then come back to do a streaming "radio" show on his own website.  Won't pay well, but he sure will be calling ALL the shots, if he does that.  It's what I thought he should do all along.

The worrisome part is that Art seems to have pulled down his personal FB page. 
:(

Until he decides he's tired of staying up late, or waking up early, or has a tummy ache, etc., etc.

indigoo

I'd be curious to know the true logistics of doing a LIVE, streaming "radio" show on the internet to an audience that Art deems suitable to have a good show. It would be unprecedented and beyond expensive.

I just don't see it happening on a lowly site like artbell.com

Chine

715... And climbing. Most online at BellGab and surpassed 607 the night of Art's return.

Spooky Matter

I can just see Noory strutting nude in his crown all day long, looking in the mirror and saying, "they'll be bocck" in his best Schwarzanegger voice.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: indigoo on November 04, 2013, 07:42:02 PM
I'd be curious to know the true logistics of doing a LIVE, streaming "radio" show on the internet to an audience that Art deems suitable to have a good show. It would be unprecedented and beyond expensive.

I just don't see it happening on a lowly site like artbell.com

streaming audio for talk is very very cheap these days.

Cynnie

Quote from: Lioness on November 04, 2013, 07:39:32 PM
Oh man. I didn't even think of this; hopefully if it's a mutual decision to dissolve the contract, then an non-compete will also go away.

Fffffff I'm despondent. This is like a really bad breakup.

Yeah , art should be sooo glad i dont have his phone number

HumanBeing

Quote from: Philosopher on November 04, 2013, 06:47:06 PM
Strange how the only place where the "announcement" was made has been taken down - FB. 

No twitter or ab.com announcement.  Art might be playing a game, and we happen to be the "the football".

;D haha good one. I don't think Art is that smart though.

SaucyRossy

I understand everyone's emotions are high right now. I don't blame you guys, my initial rwzftion was to freak out.

However, as MV and others have said. Try to stay calm.

I think this is part of going all in. To show Sirius how serious he is.

I called and cancelled my trial and told them if they brought art back that I'd sign back up.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Miranda on November 04, 2013, 06:48:30 PM
I keep thinking of the woman who called up on the first night of the show and was nearly in tears, saying Art Bell, don't you do that to us again! And yet, here we are once again.   :-[

Yeah Art doesn't give a shit about us  :-\

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Chine on November 04, 2013, 06:50:47 PM
Yeah, I like Clyde too. I spoke on his show a couple months ago on art and channeling. Though, at times, he gets too anxious and worked up to where he's almost in tears.
I'm also a sometimes-fan of Clyde's. Chine - do you remember what the date was when you were on his show? I wanna listen to it! The free podcasts of his shows are on iTunes.

He DOES cry a lot on that show. Good for him, with all the feelings and stuff.

I haven't looked for a ClydeGab thread here â€" if we don't have one, we should throw one in general discussion for the hell of it.

And ART: Damn, the man should at least come on BellGab and chat with us.

indigoo

Quote from: MV on November 04, 2013, 07:43:06 PM
streaming audio for talk is very very cheap these days.

But what sort of audience would he be able to pull in? And will it be acceptable to him? What platform would he use?

I don't want to hear an Art Bell podcast because I want it to be a live ordeal.

Desmond

The lack of comment on Art's site, other than that Sirius said no, is quite telling.
No.. "hey thanks for the ride gang, it was fun, wish ya the best, no farewells, no Dark Matter is over and done with."

Ironically, what AB may be doing to provide a free show to his most loyal fans now has those longtime fans cursing him and ranting.  Art has the financial means, and the balls, to do it HIS way.  Wouldn't all of you be happier to not pay SXM (those of you that are, wink).

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HumanBeing on November 04, 2013, 07:44:25 PM
Yeah Art doesn't give a shit about us  :-\

let's be realistic.  it's not art's job to "give a shit" about us.  he's a man who is skilled at maintaining a listening audience for the purpose of presenting that listening audience with advertisements.  we sometimes get the true relationship between host and listener a little mixed up.  what's happening before your eyes at this moment is a matter of business.

nika01

To all the ill will pseudo fans, may you be confined to the 7th cellar of hell with GN as the guy with the pitchfork.
Yes, it sucks, and I am disappointed, but there may be a better incarnation. Best not poison the well with all the nasty comments. We will never know what went on.

CoherentBlast

Quote from: Goodpumba on November 04, 2013, 06:12:03 PM
now what do i do with this dam radio

Leave it in place to prevent flooding?  :P

TumbleWeed

How much pine pitch should I heat up? How many torches does eveyrone want?
I'm also sharpening my pitchfork.
Also, someone want to bring the chicken feathers.

scottydawg

I'm just sad for all the shows dropped from the SXM lineup when they chose Art over Premiere :(. I loved the Bob & Tom Rewind
and being able to hear all three hours of Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis :D

jblank

Quote from: MV on November 04, 2013, 07:46:47 PM
let's be realistic.  it's not art's job to "give a shit" about us.  he's a man who is skilled at maintaining a listening audience for the purpose of presenting that listening audience with advertisements.  we sometimes get the true relationship between host and listener a little mixed up.  what's happening before your eyes at this moment is a matter of business.

He hasn't been there even 60 days yet, he signed a deal KNOWING all the conditions of the show, and then, has the gall to shit on his fans....AGAIN, and quits us........AGAIN. SCREW HIM up his drama queen, temper tantrum throwing ass. You don't sign a contract, constantly try to get your employer to change this or that, then make a demand that is nearly unprecedented for them, and quit. He is a child in a mans body.

jblank

Quote from: nika01 on November 04, 2013, 07:47:47 PM
To all the ill will pseudo fans, may you be confined to the 7th cellar of hell with GN as the guy with the pitchfork.
Yes, it sucks, and I am disappointed, but there may be a better incarnation. Best not poison the well with all the nasty comments. We will never know what went on.

On the contrary, I think we know precisely what went on.

nomobjustice

And now on top of it all they replay the Dick Hoagland interview. Talk about adding insult to injury! :-\

Designx

Anyone get the Dark Matter ratings numbers? I wonder how many listeners Art was pulling in during the free trial period and after and what it maxed out at.

nika01

really. It is frightening to think that you think you do

nika01

Quote from: nomobjustice on November 04, 2013, 07:50:20 PM
And now on top of it all they replay the Dick Hoagland interview. Talk about adding insult to injury! :-\
No shit. I hate that guy.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Chine on November 04, 2013, 06:50:47 PM
Yeah, I like Clyde too. I spoke on his show a couple months ago on art and channeling. Though, at times, he gets too anxious and worked up to where he's almost in tears.

Yeah, he seems pretty fragile mentally. But he's been through a lot recently health wise so I can't blame him.
However that fragile state can sort of put a damper on a radio show...  fortunately, I think he does a good show more times than not.

Bonanza Pilot

This is fucking BULL SHIT.

I'm just flat out fucking angry and disappointed.

I feel like such a gullible rube for being strung along by all of Art's bull shit for so long. It goes back way before the multi colored 'question marks' on his website and the 'want to take a ride' bumper music links.....All this build up and news stories for nothing.

Bottom fucking line: People who shelled out money to listen to Art deserve better than this from him.

Desmond

Those were two independent events, SXM did NOT cancel anyone, the show's owners wanted ALL their shows off SXM and exclusive to broadcast radio.  It was announced in the beginning of the year that those shows would be leaving.

Dark Matter coming to SXM had NOTHING to do with other shows leaving.

Eddie Coyle

I think I'll watch "The Night Porter" and then "Guyana:The Jim Jones Story"