• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sean David Morton

Started by Boomer, March 04, 2009, 11:21:54 PM

Boomer

My God why hasn't this phony been mentioned before. I'll give him credit for some Stock Market pics but this guy is about as Psychic as that stuff my dog leaves in the yard every morning. He has a website Delphi and Associates, it's the associates that do the psychic work, he might have some psychic ability but it's been my experience that when you have a person whos ego centered, rambles on like he's the Big Kahuna they can't do much psychically.

For some low down on the real SDM check out this link, some of it's pretty humorous.

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/morton1.html

There are more links but this pretty much tells it all.

expat

I think that con-artist is banned, isn't he? I liked his voice but the content was always dodgy.

Morgus

Sean David Morton seemed to disappear from public view a couple years back.
But he appears to have resurfaced again recently and has a new internet radio show on weeknights (right before c2c airs).
He is one of the talking heads along with Noory on the new episodes of this new season of "Ancient Aliens" and Sean is the guest this week I see on William Henry's Revelations internet radio podcast at Whitley Strieber's website.

WOTR

Well, I suspect that this one will either

A. Fall very fast on the board
or
B. Turn into a wonderful pissing match.

Either way, it is here for your entertainment...  It was created for further discussion either on Sean David Morotn or my general  failings.

stevesh

I think you and that other guy have said all that needs to be said about this criminal in another thread. I'm just glad he won't be appearing on Art's show.

WOTR

I tend to agree... at this point I think it amounts to beating a dead horse.  However, I thought if the other poster and I are to continue being the necromancers of this poor, dead animal that we should have a slightly more suitable space to practice our black art. ;)

Earth Pod

I missed what he did.  I knew he fell some time ago but didn't catch why.  Is he a pedophile or was that an analogy?

WOTR

Just an analogy... The "only" thing that he appears to have done is to take $6 million from people.  The latest from the SEC can be found here http://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/2013/lr22619.htm .  If you search for his name and SEC you will come up with magazine links, newspaper links and another SEC document form 2010 when this started.

You will notice even in that link that Coast to Coast is listed as one of the sources where Morton found his victims...

grano salis

Quote from: wotr1 on September 29, 2013, 05:48:50 AM
Well, I suspect that this one will either

A. Fall very fast on the board
or
B. Turn into a wonderful pissing match.

Either way, it is here for your entertainment...  It was created for further discussion either on Sean David Morotn or my general  failings.

I think that Art is a canny guy.  Ponzi schemers and swindlers  are a fascinating sub set of socio-paths.  An erstwhile financial adviser in Austin ,Texas "borrowed" millions from high society friends and was found dead , in May 2013, of "self-inflicted" wounds in a remote post civil war cemetary in Mason County Tx  100 miles from his Austin home.  The WSJ had an article about this guy yesterday.  His father was CEO of the Baylor Healthcare System for years.  How many of these guys are out there?

SDM claims that his father worked as a NASA exec, he knew and worked with Gene Roddenberry, etc.  These sorts of folks capture the public imagination.  Woody Allen's latest movie "Blue Jasmine" is about the deteriorating life of the wife of a  Wall Street ponzi schemer ala Bernie Madoff.  Art gave Morton a huge platform to connect with the public in the '90s and early 2000s.  What did Art see in the guy?  What does SDM have to say for himself now?

WOTR

I am sure that Art saw an interesting guest... and he may well have been (I hardly recall individual guest appearances as I have no real memory...)  Morton only started his investment company in 2006 and it was not until 2010 (I believe that was the year of Bells final retirement) that the SEC investigated him.  Morton was obviously a guest that Art found to be interesting as he was scheduled on the new show.  whatever his shortcomings, I am sure that Morton is one of the few people out there who can weave a seamless tale of fiction, truth, reality and lies together into a web that he can spin for hours without painting himself into a corner.

As to what SDM has to say for himself... I have invited him to comment.   He may have a form letter he sends out for response (I know that I would if there were a judgment against me for $11 million.)  However, in this case I am pretty certain he will try the old trick of hoping that wherever you do not acknowledge will disappear an not be real.  It has been less than a day and I will monitor the email account for 7...

Morgus

I remember that in the late 90's Sean David Morton was on with Art Bell and brought on a mysterious individual that used a voice changer device and talked about an Alien Interview at Area 51 - he used the alias "Victor"

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Morgus on September 29, 2013, 02:48:47 PM
I remember that in the late 90's Sean David Morton was on with Art Bell and brought on a mysterious individual that used a voice changer device and talked about an Alien Interview at Area 51 - he used the alias "Victor"
Was that him?  That was so lame.

grano salis

Quote from: Morgus on September 29, 2013, 02:48:47 PM

The "Victor" interview  series was interesting.

SciFiAuthor

Anyone remember that theory that "Victor" was Whitley talking through a voice changer?

sleeplessinca

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 29, 2013, 03:31:02 PM
Anyone remember that theory that "Victor" was Whitley talking through a voice changer?
I never knew anyone to admit to it.

juanelo

Remembering watching the alian interview video that Victor smuggled from Area 51. I laugh my ass off ;D

grano salis

Quote from: juanelo on September 29, 2013, 09:35:19 PM
Remembering watching the alian interview video that Victor smuggled from Area 51. I laugh my ass off ;D

Yes! It got more lame as time went on, but it was ridiculously funny--I even think that Art was trying to suppress a chuckle as he said "There you have it..."

sleeplessinca

Quote from: grano salis on September 30, 2013, 07:08:31 PM
Yes! It got more lame as time went on, but it was ridiculously funny--I even think that Art was trying to suppress a chuckle as he said "There you have it..."
That would be worth a listen.  Didn't Snoorey have something like that?  And then a day or two later he pulled that stupid prank on Linda Staci? 
I don't think I ever heard the AB interview, come to think of it.

Jackstar

I had forgotten about this guy--Sean David Morton, how many names does a guy need??--and I always thought he was somewhat amusing to listen to.

That was years ago, now he has his own show. Not on Sirius, on YouTube!

Strange Universe Sean David Morton -John B Wells Guest

The exciting part is that the episode I happened to listen to first, happens to be one talking with John B. Wells, about Art Bell. Actually they only talk about Art for about five minutes.

area51drone

Jesus christ his audio is terrible...  not a fan and never will be.

DanTSX

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 29, 2013, 03:31:02 PM

Just speaking through a prolapsed rectum

DanTSX

SDM should has been a cat whisperer

UrbanFool

During his court hearings he produced a document stating he was the ambassador (or something like that) of New Lumeria and was exempt from US laws. LOL! He went onto Coast and tried to explain himself to George after all this happened. George was hella pissed.

Jackstar

Quote from: UrbanFool on November 07, 2013, 03:53:23 PM
He went onto Coast and tried to explain himself to George after all this happened. George was hella pissed.
Is there any possibility you can recall the date?

Falkie2013

Quote from: DanTSX on November 07, 2013, 11:52:54 AM
SDM should has been a cat whisperer

Catjack : The Mouse Stalker.

UrbanFool

Quote from: Jackstar on November 08, 2013, 01:12:14 AM
Is there any possibility you can recall the date?
I don't, but here's his statement. http://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/sean-david-morton-statement which is dated March 10, 2010. I'd guess his call would be roughly the same time. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but I could've been listening to an archive. I no longer have my subscription to C2C, so I can't check it out. Here's the rest of his stuff... he wasn't a guest so I wouldn't check those. http://www.coasttocoastam.com/search/?query=sean+david+morton

CornyCrow

Quote from: wotr1 on September 29, 2013, 02:35:31 PM
I am sure that Art saw an interesting guest... and he may well have been (I hardly recall individual guest appearances as I have no real memory...)  Morton only started his investment company in 2006 and it was not until 2010 (I believe that was the year of Bells final retirement) that the SEC investigated him.  Morton was obviously a guest that Art found to be interesting as he was scheduled on the new show.  whatever his shortcomings, I am sure that Morton is one of the few people out there who can weave a seamless tale of fiction, truth, reality and lies together into a web that he can spin for hours without painting himself into a corner.

As to what SDM has to say for himself... I have invited him to comment.   He may have a form letter he sends out for response (I know that I would if there were a judgment against me for $11 million.)  However, in this case I am pretty certain he will try the old trick of hoping that wherever you do not acknowledge will disappear an not be real.  It has been less than a day and I will monitor the email account for 7...

Frankly, I like being entertained.  I enjoyed the Ghostbuster Gals.  I enjoy SDM.  I also think there are many people who are good at selling snake oil and that people should not be so gullible.  If Art had to vet each guest for fraudulent claims he'd have a very short show.

The gals are selling moon rocks.  Really? 
Sean, I saw in New York way before the year 2000, and at that time he was peddling some subscription for investment advice - maybe it was a Delphi newsletter, I don't remember.  My spidy sense said 'no go'.  I think some of C Crane's material is nice, but overpriced and not the best quality.

I think it's a good thing that Art branches out and has guests from different disciplines and with differing viewpoints.  Hey, I really liked Timothy Good.  I also saw him at a UFO convention.  He's not what I would call a dynamic speaker, but I think he's a credible person and a good researcher.  That telepathy thing he was speaking of?  It's true.  How could he possibly bring evidence of that?  I'm sure that a lot of people have had such experiences but do not speak of it because it just sounds nuts.  I trust Good more than many guests that Art has had on.     

grano salis

Quote from: CornyCrow on November 09, 2013, 09:59:51 AM
Frankly, I like being entertained.  I enjoyed the Ghostbuster Gals.  I enjoy SDM.  I also think there are many people who are good at selling snake oil and that people should not be so gullible.  If Art had to vet each guest for fraudulent claims he'd have a very short show.

The gals are selling moon rocks.  Really? 
Sean, I saw in New York way before the year 2000, and at that time he was peddling some subscription for investment advice - maybe it was a Delphi newsletter, I don't remember.  My spidy sense said 'no go'.  I think some of C Crane's material is nice, but overpriced and not the best quality.

I think it's a good thing that Art branches out and has guests from different disciplines and with differing viewpoints.  Hey, I really liked Timothy Good.  I also saw him at a UFO convention.  He's not what I would call a dynamic speaker, but I think he's a credible person and a good researcher.  That telepathy thing he was speaking of?  It's true.  How could he possibly bring evidence of that?  I'm sure that a lot of people have had such experiences but do not speak of it because it just sounds nuts.  I trust Good more than many guests that Art has had on.     

According to producer-Paul, there were thousands of potential guest applications, agents and E mails ( and he-Paul- felt that it was a "dream job"), which kind of flies in the face of those who have opined here that BellGab was "unkind" to Art's guests making it difficult to fill guest spots.  I like being entertained too and SDM definitely wants to be in the spotlight--He just interviewed John Wells on election day and they spoke briefly about Art.  I didn't mind any of those guests (mentioned above)either.   It just seems odd that if you literally had "thousands" of potential guests other possibilities might have been explored.  Also, the guests could have been "prepped" a little better for a smoother show in some cases. The more details emerge, the flakier the  "Art Quits DM"  scenario becomes.  I am getting to the point where any further reflection, for my part, just makes me think that I am totally wasting my time on a bungled lost cause.  The latest Art "back pain" excuse is just sad.

Jackstar

Quote from: UrbanFool on November 08, 2013, 11:40:22 AM
I don't, but here's his statement. http://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/sean-david-morton-statement which is dated March 10, 2010.
Thank you!

I imagine if SDM didn't want to talk about the judgement, he'd be a boring guest... LOL

Mulvaney

Quote from: Jackstar on November 11, 2013, 01:37:27 PM
I imagine if SDM didn't want to talk about the judgement, he'd be a boring guest... LOL

Considering that his main defense in court, when he got around to giving one, was that he should have immunity as the ambassador of Lemuria, I don't think it's a matter of being boring.  But I also think that frauds with $11 million judgments should be relegated to certain scrap heaps.   He keeps appearing at conferences and you could take a cruise with Morton and Cassidy next year, but I would not be in the same room with the guy.