• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bellgab comes alive

Started by Walks_At_Night, October 07, 2016, 11:35:15 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: damon on October 07, 2016, 11:52:55 PM
I have no problems with Windows 10 yet

Really?! I think you're the first person I've heard say that. Well, give it time. I'm sure it will reveal itself to be the shoddy piece of programming everyone seems to think it is soon enough.  ;)

damon

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 07, 2016, 11:55:41 PM
Really?! I think you're the first person I've heard say that. Well, give it time. I'm sure it will reveal itself to be the shoddy piece of programming everyone seems to think it is soon enough.  ;)
I got windows 10 on my new laptop when I ordered it from Dell. So far no problems.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: damon on October 07, 2016, 11:58:01 PM
I got windows 10 on my new laptop when I ordered it from Dell. So far no problems.

It's just that Windows has kind of always been lipstick on a pig because it started off as a cheap hackjob of the mac OS. I suppose it's gotten a bit better. I really don't care what OS anyone wants to use. I have a friend who's a hardware hobbyist and is always slapping together PCs from the components from abandoned systems. He often asks me if I want one but the last time I said yes I used one of his PCs for about a month or so before it was so filled up with junk and malware that it was virtually unusable. This never happens on a mac.  ;)

damon

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 08, 2016, 12:07:53 AM
It's just that Windows has kind of always been lipstick on a pig because it started off as a cheap hackjob of the mac OS. I suppose it's gotten a bit better. I really don't care what OS anyone wants to use. I have a friend who's a hardware hobbyist and is always slapping together PCs from the components from abandoned systems. He often asks me if I want one but the last time I said yes I used one of his PCs for about a month or so before it was so filled up with junk and malware that it was virtually unusable. This never happens on a mac.  ;)
I use Hitman Pro and Malwarebytes to help to remove malware and bloatware. I also use a good AV product to help to prevent malware.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 07, 2016, 10:16:15 PM
I've just never had to do that or enter any DNS manually. I'm using Firefox, for what it's worth.

Once I left the wifi hotspot and went on my cell connection on my iphone it wouldnt work. I downloaded the opendns app installed it plugged in the opendns ip numbers and works like a champ. It cost $1.99.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 08, 2016, 12:24:15 AM
Once I left the wifi hotspot and went on my cell connection on my iphone it wouldnt work. I downloaded the opendns app installed it plugged in the opendns ip numbers and works like a champ. It cost $1.99.

Simply waiting will also resolve the issue, for anyone who is curious.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: damon on October 08, 2016, 12:15:39 AM
I use Hitman Pro and Malwarebytes to help to remove malware and bloatware. I also use a good AV product to help to prevent malware.

I just got tired of working for my computer that way. I just want to use it. To each their own.  ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 08, 2016, 12:28:02 AM
I just got tired of working for my computer that way. I just want to use it. To each their own.  ;)

What version of Windows did your friend install? Was it a legitimately licensed copy of Windows?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: mv on October 08, 2016, 12:30:11 AM
What version of Windows did your friend install? Was it a legitimately licensed copy of Windows?

The last one I used had 7 or 8 on it, I think it was 7 though. I still get frustrated with my mac once in awhile but overall it's just a more integrated system and a lot less clunky than Windows, IMHO.

ziznak

I've recently been working from home while my job and life changes locations... I use an iphone wifi tether to connect to the vpn.  I'm really surprised that I can remote into machines halfway across the world and get things done using a phone hotspot.

theONE

EVERYBODY IS ALIVE  :-*

Hi JesusJuice, how are you ?

akwilly

Quote from: theONE on October 08, 2016, 12:45:56 AM

Hey good to see you back man!

Quote from: theONE on October 08, 2016, 12:45:56 AM

All my rowdy friends are coming back.  8)

theONE

Quote from: akwilly on October 08, 2016, 12:47:02 AM
Hey good to see you back man!
Thanks.
Just in case I have an empty beer box with me, haha

[attachment deleted by admin]

theONE

Quote from: rekcuf on October 08, 2016, 12:49:36 AM
All my rowdy friends are coming back.  8)

cold one for you .. The cool one  ;)

theONE

fuck,
I was running to join the re-opening of Bellgab >:( >:(

Did anyone else see the somewhat confrontational "Baretta" notice when BellGab was down?

My system isolated it as hostile and ripped it, but I got a partial screen grab before it was gone:

trostol

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 08, 2016, 09:48:36 PM
Did anyone else see the somewhat confrontational "Baretta" notice when BellGab was down?

My system isolated it as hostile and ripped it, but I got a partial screen grab before it was gone:

ha ha ha ha

starrmtn001

Quote from: trostol on October 08, 2016, 09:59:19 PM
the one in front of course
Nope.  Sorry Trostol.  I'm the long haired blond. ;D

Lilith

I can verify I saw the notice, but mine was pink.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 08, 2016, 10:17:13 PM
Nope.  Sorry Trostol.  I'm the long haired blond. ;D

Very nice, the kind of girl one could take home to momma.

Quote from: brig on October 08, 2016, 11:01:12 PM
I can verify I saw the notice, but mine was pink.

Thanks for the verification.  I heard a few reports of the transgender yellow version being seen as well.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

ItsOver

Still better than being "all in" or an MV stalker claim.  At least our step-daddy managed to stumble home for us.

Quote from: ItsOver on October 09, 2016, 08:30:07 AM
or an MV stalker claim.

Keeping fingers crossed that that one doesn't actually gel. 

Facebook and Twitter chatter has triangulated at least three rusty pickup trucks circling the MV compound at a discreet distance.  No trouble so far.  The trucks' windows are heavily tinted.  No positive ID.

They could be guarding the compound, or they could be stalking the compound. 

But as you know, IO, they could also merely be in town for the annual Rusty Fuck'em Up Pick'em Up Truck Rally-Con.

Current alert state at BellGab HQ clicked up to DefCon 4 early this morning.  Never hurts to be prepared.

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 09, 2016, 10:32:27 AM
Keeping fingers crossed that that one doesn't actually gel. 

Facebook and Twitter chatter has triangulated at least three rusty pickup trucks circling the MV compound at a discreet distance.  No trouble so far.  The trucks' windows are heavily tinted.  No positive ID.

They could be guarding the compound, or they could be stalking the compound. 

But as you know, IO, they could also merely be in town for the annual Rusty Fuck'em Up Pick'em Up Truck Rally-Con.

Current alert state at BellGab HQ clicked up to DefCon 4 early this morning.  Never hurts to be prepared.

Ha!  I did hear some weird looking dude wants MV for his brain.  And he wasn't going to eat it!?  ???

"Say what?"