• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

pyewacket

Quote from: Dixon Bawls on December 19, 2015, 11:28:07 PM
I wanna hear more about cake-related flame wars, now.

Quote from: bateman on December 19, 2015, 11:33:25 PM
YOU WANNA GET INTO IT ABOUT ICING, MOTHERFUCKER?

Things aren't all sprinkles and chocolate in some of those threads. It's been years since I've participated, but we had a wide range of members from newbies to professionals who were featured on TV and in international competitions. Things mostly got heated over business matters, people stealing cake pictures and presenting them as their own on their websites, and client horror stories. Believe it or not - they had their share of trolls, too. They would start a thread on some outrageous scenario just to get people jacked up.

So, what's your favorite brand of fondant?  ;D

Value Of Pi

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 19, 2015, 11:43:00 PM
Sigh.  The last time I felt this depressed was when Aunt Jemima Buckwheat Mix was discontinued.

Yeah, I know. I only believe in one conspiracy theory, and that is that food purveyors are eliminating or ruining products once they find out I like them. Buckwheat Mix, Thomas's Waffles, the supposedly new and improved Cracklin' Oat Bran. Odd that it's mostly breakfast foods. Well, that part may just be my perception. I admit that.

mikuthing01

Quote from: pyewacket on December 19, 2015, 11:48:52 PM

So, what's your favorite brand of fondant?  ;D

Only plebs eat fondant, icing ftw

Value Of Pi

Quote from: rekcuf on December 19, 2015, 11:39:57 PM
I hope you don't filter my posts. :)

A nice guy like you? Look at that punim... the real rekcuf, not that guy with the beret.

pyewacket

Quote from: mikuthing01 on December 19, 2015, 11:52:45 PM
Only plebs eat fondant, icing ftw

When making your icing- do you use high ratio or regular shortening? What about flavorings- extracts, emulations, or flavor oils?  ;)

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Alaskana on December 19, 2015, 11:46:24 PM
The direction that Bellgab (and DMN in general) is heading in after Art's latest announcement that he is never coming back here:

Alright then, possible new opening for Monday's show:

(SFX: TRAIN CAREENING OFF TRESTLE)

Good evening and welcome to Trainwreck Radio, with your host...

That's all I got.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 20, 2015, 12:08:48 AM
Alright then, possible new opening for Monday's show:

(SFX: TRAIN CAREENING OFF TRESTLE)

Good evening and welcome to Trainwreck Radio, with your host...

girl noory

AppealPlay

A week or more later and I'm still angry at Art for quitting again and depressed that he's gone. :'(

Quote from: Donald Noory on December 19, 2015, 11:21:46 PM
You can quit, then deny,
Having the time of your life
Ooh see that guy, watch that scene
Dig in the Drama Queen

Friday night and the numbers are low
Looking for a new place to go
Where they jump at the carrot, getting in the swing
You are the Drama Queen

Anybody could be that guy
Redacted Heather could give it a try
With a bit of Cucso, everything is fine
You're in the mood to jerk people around
And when you get the chance

You are the Drama Queen
Old, not sweet, only seventy
Drama Queen, feel the beat
From the Bellgab scene, oh yeah

You can quit, then deny
Having the time of your life
Ooh see that guy, watch that scene
Dig in the Drama Queen

You're a teaser, you turn 'em on
Leave 'em burning and then you're gone
Looking out for number one, no one else will do
You're in the mood to quit
And when you get the chance

You are the Drama Queen,
Old, not sweet, only seventy
Perfect.

coaster

Quote from: Alaskana on December 19, 2015, 11:46:24 PM
The direction that Bellgab (and DMN in general) is heading in after Art's latest announcement that he is never coming back here:

bellgab was around while Art was off the air. He didn't create the site, so this is one thing he can't pack up and take home. Lord knows though, if it was he would delete it too. There is some silly point he is trying to make, and I don't really get it.
He doesn't realize he is punishing his fans in the process of his little hissy fit.

MV needs a co-host for a Gabcast now.  I'd do it but hell I've never even called in to a talk show before so I'm gonna pass.

trostol

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 20, 2015, 12:33:31 AM
MV needs a co-host for a Gabcast now.  I'd do it but hell I've never even called in to a talk show before so I'm gonna pass.

dude..you should do it..channel Jeff Lynne man!!!

Quote from: trostol on December 20, 2015, 12:34:17 AM
dude..you should do it..channel Jeff Lynne man!!!

Hell no.  Besides, I don't Skype.

whytide

Update posted to ArtBell.com Saturday evening. I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread:

I am saddened of course by the quick departure of Art Bell and many people think this is just a stunt to get out of doing the show. But let me tell you these latest events are real and Nye County police reports have been filed and are public. I've been with Art for each of his retirements, and while I may not agree with some of his reasons, they were real and after time he has managed overcome them and return to radio. This too may pass.

Many people have been thinking this is just a way to get out of the show because it wasn't doing any good. But, in fact we had contracts in place to bring on 2 more very large stations to the network, of which we were very encouraged about. We were growing every day. Subscriptions were still increasing and stations were still signing up.

However, I doubt he will ever be able to come back to traditional radio again, it was still a hard sell as it was, and stations' concerns of his longevity certainly played out. If he does come back in any capacity, it would be on DMDN.

The Dark Matter Digital Network will still run the same programs it has been, if they want to stay, and still for FREE. The only change are some programs will not be LIVE, just pre-recorded. We will continue to produce Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade and have Art back when he can. To support this effort, please stay subscribed as a Time Traveler.

— Keith Rowland

http://midnightinthedesert.com/short-update-from-keith-rowland-re-art-bell/

trostol

Quote from: whytide on December 20, 2015, 12:38:12 AM
Update posted to ArtBell.com Saturday evening. I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread:

I am saddened of course by the quick departure of Art Bell and many people think this is just a stunt to get out of doing the show. But let me tell you these latest events are real and Nye County police reports have been filed and are public. I’ve been with Art for each of his retirements, and while I may not agree with some of his reasons, they were real and after time he has managed overcome them and return to radio. This too may pass.

Many people have been thinking this is just a way to get out of the show because it wasn’t doing any good. But, in fact we had contracts in place to bring on 2 more very large stations to the network, of which we were very encouraged about. We were growing every day. Subscriptions were still increasing and stations were still signing up.

However, I doubt he will ever be able to come back to traditional radio again, it was still a hard sell as it was, and stations’ concerns of his longevity certainly played out. If he does come back in any capacity, it would be on DMDN.

The Dark Matter Digital Network will still run the same programs it has been, if they want to stay, and still for FREE. The only change are some programs will not be LIVE, just pre-recorded. We will continue to produce Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade and have Art back when he can. To support this effort, please stay subscribed as a Time Traveler.

â€" Keith Rowland

http://midnightinthedesert.com/short-update-from-keith-rowland-re-art-bell/

think so...many many MANY pages ago lol

Gabcast is live now.

vansmythe

Art seems to be burning all  bridges as he heads off into the Nevada sunset. There has to be more to it than the stalker incidents I imagine it exacerbated whatever other things going on with his personal life and led to the abrupt emotional final sign off. I hope Art has a nice retirement with his family and his drones and ham radios, he's earned it.

Heather Wade

What. Have. You. Done?   >:(

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on December 19, 2015, 03:03:17 PM
I am well aware I burned bridges, I said what I said and I can't take the words back and will not try but I will say I was emotional and had not had much if any sleep when I said them. I am a person who says what's on my mind at any given time and that was the case at that moment l, otherwise no excuses.

For those who think I lied about what happened I guess nothing else I can say will effect your opinion but know this, I put a hell of a lot of my own money into building my Studio, Advertising and so much more including my Heart and Soul into this effort. I did not give up easily and you all have no way of knowing how bad it was here for my Family which was the deciding factor for me.

I am still a Bell Gabber and not sorry I picked this site, I don't like easy and I don't like suck up's so I prefer it here and can hold my own.

I do think some of the things being said about Heather are below Bell Gab's normal low standards however.

Art

I'm back fm work now.  I've spent all day listening to people snivel.  Now it's BellGabs turn.  I'll read another 20 odd pages of bitching, ranting, back shooting and ass grabbing.

I'm glad you posted ART.  It tells me that you and your family are safe, at least as of your posting.  Good. 

I don't believe you conjured up a tale BS and speculation.  If you did, you fooled the Gunny.  You win the internet.  But, because I believe that there is a credible threat, you must take precautions.  Please don't post what you are doing in that regard.  Joe Shit the Ragman stalker has had the advantage over you, now it's time to take the advantage of surprise away fm him.

You can PM me if you need ideas on compound security.  And nothing will be said here on the 'Gab should you make contact.  Hell, I think Swordpoint 9 has more recent experience with this than I do.

"I said what I said and I can't take the words back and will not try..."  No worries brother.  Heat of combat.  I think you have clarified your position.

"I am a person who says what's on my mind at any given time and that was the case at that moment..."  Yeah, you, me, Ron Reagan and a host of other assholes living and dead.  *shrug* 

Your monetary investment....I believe it will still pay off for you.  We just have to get through this.

Your still a BellGabber.  Heh.  That's like Reagan telling the Reagan Youth that he counts himself as one of us.  Yep.  I was Reagen Youth. 

And about Heather.  No shit.  A bunch of cheap shot artists around here. 

Well, that's it.  I got 20 plus pages of whining and sniveling ahead of me. 

paladin, out. 

sydtron

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 20, 2015, 01:16:56 AM

WHO IS you?

BTW
CALL THE GAB CAST

trostol

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 20, 2015, 01:16:56 AM

not sure it was us..but i cant say for sure

sydtron

Allrihght.   im goin to bead, 73's!!!   

Heather Wade

Quote from: sydtron on December 20, 2015, 01:19:56 AM
WHO IS you?

BTW
CALL THE GAB CAST

No, I have much to do tonight.  You will find out more about me soon enough.  I could walk away from here too after what I read today.  Decency is obviously dead; worse, so may be curiosity. 

Art is my friend.  Only a sick mind would take that all the way across the line and off the deep end.  Not cool. 

This show was supposed to be fun for him.  I thought this forum was here to support that.   >:(

Value Of Pi

Quote from: sydtron on December 20, 2015, 01:19:56 AM
WHO IS you?

BTW
CALL THE GAB CAST

Yes, "you." I'm not sure but it kind of sounds like what Moses said (Charleton Heston, actually) when he came down from Mt. Sinai with the tablets and saw the children of Israel reveling in an orgy of blasphemy and, you know, orgying.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 20, 2015, 01:27:36 AM
No, I have much to do tonight.  You will find out more about me soon enough.  I could walk away from here too after what I read today.  Decency is obviously dead; worse, so may be curiosity. 

Art is my friend.  Only a sick mind would take that all the way across the line and off the deep end.  Not cool. 

This show was supposed to be fun for him.  I thought this forum was here to support that.   >:(

Calm down, deep breath.  Don't let those who cross that line take you where you know it didn't go.  You've got this.

Ciardelo

Well Red, you've been here, you know it's the trolls posting things. I hope you decide to stay.

people are broken. the world is broken. everything is broken.
it's easy to forget that true joy comes from living for others.
do something nice for someone.

Chronaut

I hate having to bring this up.  In fact after reading the posts in this thread for the last week, I can honestly say that I loathe a huge portion of the people posting here these days (but some of you are damn wonderful human beings so please don’t feel lumped in with the self-righteous Art-haters and selfish bitchy whiners).

But it finally dawned on me who posted the final straw that broke Art’s spirit today (although many share the blame), and I think this mfer should be called out.  It was this post by the delightful bellNwhistle that rang a bell:

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 06:50:46 PM
From [Art’s] FB page:

“I just read posts that say the only reason Heather got the job is because she is part Asian and got sexual favors from me, I hope she filed a lawsuit. I have had it. Goodbye Social Media”

WOW. I mean, that is pretty low.

Art must have read this post by the illiterate scumbag using the handle “stargazr1976”:

Quote from: stargazr1976 on December 19, 2015, 04:15:06 AM

Whole status quo is heather is asian art has yellow fever and you can guess the rest man. Now go fuck over the only asshole that was honest. Im sick of this shit. U motherfuckers ruined radio.. The face on mars is more credibal

I wonder if Art made it to the next post, in which this same wretch claims that he’s Art’s stalker:

Quote from: stargazr1976 on December 19, 2015, 04:18:09 AM
Sick and tired of watching all you assholes dance around subjucts. Fucking stupid.  Take what you love and try to kill it. Same reasons prisons are full. If you want advice on radio .Ask people that either have a long time love for radio or are in the industry. period. 8)oh yea forgot to mention im arts stalker.

So now I understand Art’s reaction to this filthy business perfectly, and you can too:  it’s one thing to get shit on by 50-80% of the posters around here lately.  But it’s an altogether different matter when the shit flying at you starts to hit the people you care about.  He probably disappeared to remove himself as a target to try to spare Heather from any more of this intolerable fallout.  That’s what I would’ve done.

Frankly I think stargazr1976 makes a convincing case for legalizing post-birth abortion.  His posts remind me of the description that Father Malachi Martin gave about feeling tainted by his confrontations with demons.

P.S.  If you see this, I owe you an apology starrmtn001.  I was snarky with you earlier today because I got you mixed up with stargazr1976.  With all the posters and negativity around here lately my head’s still spinning, and today I was still infuriated about stargazr1976’s subhuman posts last night in Heather’s show thread.  I’m sorry for getting the two handles mixed up in my head.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 19, 2015, 11:59:34 PM
A nice guy like you? Look at that punim... the real rekcuf, not that guy with the beret.

Oh, you.  :-*