• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

NoMoreNoory

Just texted:

"So much for the nit-wit attempting to explain his asinine prank the other night as promised. If nothing else....he owes Linda Stasi a huge apology for his repugnant behavior."

It will no doubt go unanswered, but every little sting adds up, and we all know how much the "haters" get under his skin.

Doomed

Quote from: ziznak on January 19, 2013, 01:52:19 AM
LOL great quotes from James the cataract guy
"I love you George Noory"
"You missed your calling in life you should have been an ambassador"
You know, I wouldnt put it past the producers to stage this in order to defuse the Linda Staci debacle.

Immy

LOL! Did you hear this nugget among James' volley of compliments to Jorch:

"I know your questions are scripted..." Well done, James. Your eyes (and ears) are indeed fully functioning.

This was followed closely by Jorch saying to another caller "the world is going to Hell in a basket." Way to butcher yet another figure of speech.  ::)   

And yep Crabby, that was the link I sent it to.

Thanks Doomed, curious if it'll elicit a reply.

Just had to drop in another unbelievably idiotic Jorchism. A female caller just referred to herself as "a No. 2 pencil in a dotcom world." Pretty funny, and an apt description of Jorch btw. But then he asked her in serious tone "Now explain what a No. 2 pencil is." WTF???

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: ziznak on January 19, 2013, 01:52:19 AM
LOL great quotes from James the cataract guy
"I love you George Noory"
"You missed your calling in life you should have been an ambassador"

Ambassador to Afghanistan, no less. Yes. Yes! YES!! YYEEESSSS!!!!!!!!

George Drooly

Not sure why everyone is up in arms regarding the Nooron's use of a fake voice the other night. Since the guest was as much an airhead as Noory himself, the stunt wasn't offensive, merely inane. I'd prefer offensive if it was genuine and witty, but this is George we're talking about.

But! He did the "funny voice" again with tonight's first guest (also an airhead), tinnily mumbling something about not feeling well, etc.

Worse, he later plugged the Coast Insider malarkey and had the gall to claim new memberships were down while he was recently on vacation! Certainly this is a lie, though of course there's no way for us to prove it. More insultingly, it was exceedingly rude to the week's fill-in host John Wells (who I'm not necessarily a fan of, but at least he's conscious and can read the ads [including the Coast Insider scripts] with proper English and even a smidgeon of character and authority.) Just another example of Noory's insecure immaturity and unprofessionalism.

The man is child, with the mentality of a bacteria.

It's stunning how George has lost it. Indeed 2013 has had an impressive start.

The 5th Episode this season's of Ancient Aliens TV show aired tonight and again no Noory.  I think he's only had one appearance on one of the shows this season so far, although I may be forgetting one.

Even the kooks on Ancient Aliens must have realized he doesn't add anything, and that they've probably gotten all the viewers from among the C2C listenership they are going to get.

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 19, 2013, 01:17:16 AM
"If I counted the number of times I was almost seriously injured, I'd run out of fingers!"
-Jorch Snoory

George thinks he is a man of danger and intrigue but he is just the main character of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

Scully

Quote from: George Drooly on January 19, 2013, 02:49:53 AM
Not sure why everyone is up in arms regarding the Nooron's use of a fake voice the other night. Since the guest was as much an airhead as Noory himself, the stunt wasn't offensive, merely inane. I'd prefer offensive if it was genuine and witty, but this is George we're talking about. ...

I don't know if you actually listened to the show in question, but I didn't get the impression that Linda Staci was an airhead.  She certainly has some exotic claims, but then that's what makes Coast interesting when handled well.  To me, she sounded intelligent, articulate, and genuine in her beliefs.  She also mentioned that her husband is an attorney, which is at least indicative to me that she didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

IMHO, she was treated very badly, even for George, the child with the mentality of a bacteria.  ::)

Quote from: Scully on January 19, 2013, 04:24:43 AM

I don't know if you actually listened to the show in question, but I didn't get the impression that Linda Staci was an airhead.  She certainly has some exotic claims, but then that's what makes Coast interesting when handled well.  To me, she sounded intelligent, articulate, and genuine in her beliefs.  She also mentioned that her husband is an attorney, which is at least indicative to me that she didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

IMHO, she was treated very badly, even for George, the child with the mentality of a bacteria.  ::)

Here is the show Scully, can you find it?  I cannot as I cannot listen to George for two hours.
Jan 15 2013 - Veil of Veronica

ziznak

What was that other caller comment that was something to the effect of George being very understanding and fair to "both callers and GUESTS?"

Guests were specifically mentioned.   

Quote from: ziznak on January 19, 2013, 04:30:22 AM
What was that other caller comment that was something to the effect of George being very understanding and fair to "both callers and GUESTS?"

Here is the show in question.  Where does he do that?
Jan 15 2013 - Veil of Veronica

Quote from: ziznak on January 19, 2013, 04:30:22 AM

Sounds like a paid caller.  I think George spends a lot of time trying to think of ways to convince people he doesn't suck.

ZombiePoppa

Listened to about 10 minutes of the show this morning while driving to work. Some caller said he "drownded" once as a kid, was given CPR by a "male nurse" and had an out-of-body experience. Rather than ask about what he saw on the other side, George's immediate response was "bet you don't want to do that again" or some crap. Off goes the radio. What a maroon.

michio

Quote from: ZombiePoppa on January 19, 2013, 05:51:22 AM
Listened to about 10 minutes of the show this morning while driving to work. Some caller said he "drownded" once as a kid, was given CPR by a "male nurse" and had an out-of-body experience. Rather than ask about what he saw on the other side, George's immediate response was "bet you don't want to do that again" or some crap. Off goes the radio. What a maroon.

He also destroyed a potentially interesting Q&A about the guy's uncle who saw a skinwalker next to his car as he was driving 45MPH.  He said it was grinning at his uncle who sped up to 60 in a futile attempt to lose the SW. The guy was in the process of describing the SW in more detail, but in his mid-sentence, George interrupted and HAD to ask him another question, which produced the following thought in my mind. Simple George ruins everything.

ziznak

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 19, 2013, 05:06:36 AM

Sounds like a paid caller.  I think George spends a lot of time trying to think of ways to convince people he doesn't suck.
My thoughts exactly.

sleeplessinca

I think you are right about the timing of the call from James as damage control for Snoorz.  The appalling thing about it was Snoorz taking all the bows and grabbing the credit.  All he did was connect two callers, right? Oh - and kept confidentiality.  But Snoorz is the hero?  He should have simply said he was happy to have provided a vehicle for James' good fortune - and the opportunity for the rich guy to directly help someone with no strings (when you do stuff like that you are quickly approached by so many other worthy cases and it becomes painful to have to say no).

sleeplessinca

Anybody catch the story of George running down the sidewalk with a hamster in an aquarium?  Funny!!!!!!

Took him a long time to mention he was 8 at the time.

sleeplessinca

I only caught a little of the program tonight.  Did Snoorz ever address "the voice"?

sleeplessinca

they are pushing that insider deal and no wonder - 10,000 new subscribers would bring in $40,000-70,000/month.  People actually do this?

valdez

Quote from: ChewMouse on January 18, 2013, 03:55:45 PM
I think the only way to really make a difference is to affect the bottom line: revenue.

Just sent my email to c-crane.  It is obvious from the "NoMoreNoory/George/Tom the enabler" exchange that the stakes have to be raised.  Family Ancestry Dot Whatever is going to here about it too, and maybe those thieves over at Carnavora as well.  An exceptionally shallow interview with Maria D'Andrea followed by open lines where George ignored his stated plan to replay his childish deed and staged a surprise call from formerly blind guy, James, who, with the help of George, can now see.  Yeah, I praised him on this thread back when he took an interest in the old coot, and I'm glad he can now see and it's all warm and fuzzy, but even if George went around raising the dead it wouldn't impress me with him these days.  Towards the end of the show George went to take a call from a Samantha, then he said. "Oops, she's not ready yet," and he took another call, and never got back with Samantha.  He's done this before.  Ready for what?  Ready how?  How does someone call in, wait for two hours, and not be ready?  Whats going on in that screening process?  Had she not studied her "I love you so much, George" script enough?  A most shameful week.

George Noory
"...and I'm like, 'what voice?'  And she says, 'that voice I just heard,
didn't you hear it?'  And I said, 'Nope.  I didn't hear anything.  Don't get
freaky on me, lady.'  And she's all wierded out, and Tommy is rolling..."

Immy

Quote from: sleeplessinca on January 19, 2013, 06:22:43 AM
I only caught a little of the program tonight.  Did Snoorz ever address "the voice"?

Nope, never did. Surprise, surprise.

BTW, you can hear the Voice incident at the 2 hour 3 min mark.

sleeplessinca

Anyone catch the  little impromptu between Snooz and Tommy? 

They were discussing Snoorz' strong aversion to burnt out lights. 

He says they betray a certain laziness in the management.  Maybe he sees somehow himself in them.  The image of Mommy Dearest and her "WIRE HANGERS!!!!"  also comes to mind. 

Maybe we should send burned out light bulbs to them as a demonstration of our outrage at his laziness.

Quote from: Immy on January 19, 2013, 06:48:42 AM

Nope, never did. Surprise, surprise.

BTW, you can hear the Voice incident at the 2 hour 3 min mark.

Thanks for finding it.  They were also messing around with her precious photos on the website.  Pretty immature, sounds like George was bored and wanted something to do.

Classic bad radio, that is the real crime.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: valdez on January 19, 2013, 06:48:07 AM
A most shameful week.

Perfect summary, Valdez!

Not least because we had a week in which three guests came on the show, each of whom have written a book.
Monday - James Stein: The Paranormal Equation
Tuesday - Linda Stasi: The Sixth Station
Thursday - Russ Dizdar: The Black Awakening
Prior to this week, Simple Snooron had a week's vacation. And yet, on each night, it was evident that he had read none of them. Had not even familiarised himself with them. He didn't refer to them, offer a personal response to the work, challenge them - just nothing apart from the standard cue-card enquiries such as 'Did you enjoy writing the book' and 'Was there anything you came across in your research that shocked/scared you?'. It's very common to hear presenters say 'You'll have to forgive me, but I only got my copy of the book yesterday and I haven't been able to spend as much time with it as I would have liked.', which is fair enough. From The Idiot: nothing. Complete indifference.

Rude. Lazy. Arrogant. Shoddy. Incompetent. Amateurish. Not fit for purpose.

MikeJ

After 6 years, I chose not to renew my Insider subscription.  It was easy enough to do, since they had an old credit card, and the number wasn't good anymore.  I have been listening to the AB Stream lately, and it just accentuates how bad Joorch is.

I confess I have been interested in the topics of a couple shows since I canceled, but I just keep reminding myself of how many times in the past, I have listened to a program that held potential only to have it ruined by his ineptitude.

I will use my savings to make a donation to the AB Stream.

Roger

I had a point. Made a point. Looked at my point. Re-read my point. Didn't understand my point. Questioned my point. Argued with myself about my point. Got into a fight with myself about the point. Ended up too bruised to type my point. Still believed my point important, but then forgot what my point was. Erased everything I ever wrote about my point. But still think my point is correct or was correct, or will someday be correct. 
And ended up with the same as ever: what's the deal?

ziznak

Quote from: sleeplessinca on January 19, 2013, 07:13:37 AM

Maybe we should send burned out light bulbs to them as a demonstration of our outrage at his laziness.
YES!!!!

Roger

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 19, 2013, 07:57:39 AM
Perfect summary, Valdez!

Not least because we had a week in which three guests came on the show, each of whom have written a book.
Monday - James Stein: The Paranormal Equation
Tuesday - Linda Stasi: The Sixth Station
Thursday - Russ Dizdar: The Black Awakening
Prior to this week, Simple Snooron had a week's vacation. And yet, on each night, it was evident that he had read none of them. Had not even familiarised himself with them. He didn't refer to them, offer a personal response to the work, challenge them - just nothing apart from the standard cue-card enquiries such as 'Did you enjoy writing the book' and 'Was there anything you came across in your research that shocked/scared you?'. It's very common to hear presenters say 'You'll have to forgive me, but I only got my copy of the book yesterday and I haven't been able to spend as much time with it as I would have liked.', which is fair enough. From The Idiot: nothing. Complete indifference.

Rude. Lazy. Arrogant. Shoddy. Incompetent. Amateurish. Not fit for purpose.

That's called schtick on the fly. It is definitely NOT amateurish. It is a well known and practiced method of what is called in the 'bizniz' a 'brush-off'. Insincerity, perhaps. Many might say dis-honesty. But if the aim is a 'brush-off', it can't really be called dishonesty. A 'brush-off' is a brush-off. What we might read 'between the lines' is what we get in this 'media'.  Pseudo-sincerity.  Groucho Marx would have been a great host for 'Coast-to-Coast-am'.  It is a like . . . how does the expression go? . . . shooting fish in a barrel? The 'best' in the biz must appear to be as idiotic as the subscribers who make the boat float. Or, like, DUH, the boat will sink. Tada! How bright do we need to be?

Roger

As far as 'not fit for purpose': what do we suppose is 'purpose'. It is very obvious what 'purpose' is for C2Cam.  I happen to agree with what I think you mean with regard to 'purpose'. 'Bizniz' and such are only sometimes conjoined. Where-ever or when-ever curiosity and thirst for facts and understanding bump up AGAINST BIZNIZ or MONEY-MAKING: guess which side has the better odds of winning here-to-fore and which side has the better odds or 'favor' in terms of INVESTMENTS?

The good, the honest, will not actually withdraw from their trend based on these 'odds' or the advise of these 'touts'. As a matter of fact, despite what they say about the numbers of their 'listener-ship', it is very tiny in comparison to the global population. Of COURSE they want the listening audience to believe THEY rule the world. Like a spark in some punk. Yeast in some dough.

Yeah. Right. You believe that. You buy that. Buyer beware.

Just how stupid are you? That's what's being asked. And they think they know the answer.

Yer really dumb. Really stupid.  Ha ha ha ha is what they're saying all the way into your orchard. No longer yours.

And what has happened here? One might ask?

How many times robbed ere one sees robbers in the distance?