• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

EvB

Quote from: Mops on April 19, 2011, 04:56:38 AM
The Residents - Shut Up Shut Up

Haha!  Stop-action is hard to do well - this is fun!

Oh, just a thought, is there a way right here on the forum that we can quote a Youtube post WITHOUT re-posting the vid (particularly if your quoted post is right near the original?) Seem like it would save space. What I did in this case was easy enough, I cut the text link - pasted it in a plain text ap, then put it back - but it would be great if we could just "remove link" right here.

EvB

Quote from: Michael V. on April 19, 2011, 08:21:36 AM
i've learned not to click ambiguously described links posted by evelyn.

Mwahahahahaaaa!

MV/Liberace!

been watching episodes of dog the bounty hunter on netflix.

dem people don't talk too good.

anagrammy

Yes, me too.  I watch Dog the Bounty Hunter whenever I want to feel skinny, refined, or sweet-smelling.  You just know he stinks.

Anagrammy

That show can be entertaining. I had to open up to it, though, because they also annoy the fuck out of me. If you look at it as a sort of "Cops: Amateur Night" it's not too bad.

I too began to notice what seemed like a speech impediment as most of the members of that family spoke aloud. When the show was first getting popular, I knew a girl who was "friends" with one of the younger brothers (she was in HI at the time) and she told me about Pidgin, the language that they are using. This is actually from wikipedia, these phrases are first in hawaiian creole pidgin, and then in english.

Da baby cute. (or) Cute, da baby.The baby is cute.God goin do plenny good kine stuff fo him. (DJB, Mark 11:9)God is going to do a lot of good things for him.Jesus wen cry. (DJB, John 11:35)Jesus cried.
Da book stay on top da table.The book is on the table.Da water stay cold.The water is cold.

And my favorite example:

[/size]I tryin fo tink.orI try fo tink."I'm trying to think.

CAN YOU MAKE TURN DAT QUIET DA RADIO, BRAH. I TRY FO TINK.

b_dubb

i prefer Reno 911 to Cops or Dog.  more accurate

haloedorchid

I have a friend who moved to Hawaii, and now she says "da" instead of "the". It's really annoying.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: haloedorchid on April 19, 2011, 11:21:59 AM
I have a friend who moved to Hawaii, and now she says "da" instead of "the". It's really annoying.
insufferable.

George sucks

Dog is a train wreck. You know it's bad, but you have to watch.   ..... it's a generalized statement. I know you don't have to watch.

anagrammy

Dawg is a tasty blend of criminality and after-thought fundamental Christianity.  The mix is hilarious--at any time I expect them to whip out their hurling stars shaped like crosses.

Anagrammy

OK, OK, I confess.  I'm "into" Alaska State Troopers and Billy the Exterminator.

You gotta' love a guy who takes his brother, who's allergic to bees, to houses with infestations of the stinging kind.  Usually without an EPI pen.  HEY RICKY, watch out.      :P

Excuse me, I have to go stick my tongue into a cavity in my tooth.....ow.

b_dubb

Quote from: anagrammy on April 19, 2011, 04:03:10 PMafter-thought fundamental Christianity
um ... huh?  i have to ask.  what does this mean?  after ... ?  dawg has thoughts?  unthinkable!!

Mops

Quote from: EvB on April 19, 2011, 06:03:29 AM
Haha!  Stop-action is hard to do well - this is fun!

Oh, just a thought, is there a way right here on the forum that we can quote a Youtube post WITHOUT re-posting the vid (particularly if your quoted post is right near the original?) Seem like it would save space. What I did in this case was easy enough, I cut the text link - pasted it in a plain text ap, then put it back - but it would be great if we could just "remove link" right here.

Glad you liked it, EvB.  How's about another?

The Residents - The Simple Song

b_dubb

i sometimes load the coasttocoastam.com site in Firefox with a debugging tool running (i'm a web developer). the quantity of errors that display in the debugging tool frequently give me a brief panic attack.  as in ... HOW THE F DID 100 CSS ERRORS CREEP INTO MY PROJECT!!! and then i realize it's C2C's site.  and then i feel much better.  and wonder where C2C found their web developers/designers.  they're not very good 

EvB

Quote from: b_dubb on April 20, 2011, 08:19:36 AM
i sometimes load the coasttocoastam.com site in Firefox with a debugging tool running (i'm a web developer). the quantity of errors that display in the debugging tool frequently give me a brief panic attack.  as in ... HOW THE F DID 100 CSS ERRORS CREEP INTO MY PROJECT!!! and then i realize it's C2C's site.  and then i feel much better.  and wonder where C2C found their web developers/designers.  they're not very good

hahahahaa!  I can relate.

pepsiguy

Crouton, cheese and salad dressing. does it have be green to be a salad? Damn out of beer

onan

Quote from: pepsiguy on April 21, 2011, 10:23:21 PM
Crouton, cheese and salad dressing. does it have be green to be a salad? Damn out of beer

I think if you used a green bowl you would be complete.

EvB

Bill Hicks was a prophet.  Yes, a fuckin' prophet.

He was not the only one - certainly George Carlin qualifies - as do others in their field of truth telling we call comedy.  But today, I watched a half-hour video from ONE NIGHT STAND.  I swear to you all I have had to drink today is water and coffee.  All I have smoked is a clove cigarette. And I knew, as I have usually known when I watched Hicks, that he was so much more than an entertainer.

In this particular clip (I'm not sure when it was made or if he yet knew how ill he was) he talked (among other things) about people who had made a real contribution to our world, and were murdered.

At the close of his monologue - the sound of a gunshot rang out (obviously sound effect - no scare intended) He fell to the stage and the screen faded to black and white.

I cried. I could not help it.

And that is the random thing that is on my mind today.

onan

Bill Hicks was everything you say he was. I really do not know if he was truly genius or just completely fearless... perhaps both. I do think he knew more about being real than most.

I too feel his death gave us a great loss. And although I do mourn George Carlin, I do think Carlin had a very good run and even if he had more to say he certainly did give us most of his thoughts. I think Bill Hicks' message was to a great extent stolen from us. That is what makes me sad.

aldousburbank

Quote from: EvB on April 22, 2011, 03:48:11 PM

Bill Hicks was a prophet.  Yes, a fuckin' prophet.

Heh- for the past 3 days I have been listening off and on, to Bill Hicks.  He's my only preacher.  He sounds just like me, only funnier.  Some of the best and truest stuff to ever come out of a human mouth.

anagrammy

Here's a quote from Bill Hicks about banality in the media -- he could be quoting from George Noory:

Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration â€" that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death; life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves... Here's Tom with the weather!

And his famous bit "It's Only A Ride" sounds like our one true radio host.

Anagrammy

b_dubb

Quote from: Bill Hicksdo you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to SEE a fucking cross again?

the insight.  the humor.  the fearlessness.  bill hicks has merged with the infinite.  but his work is still contemporary.  especially the bits where he talks about the war in iraq.  sadly

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: the_wanderer on April 22, 2011, 04:02:58 PM
It's only 'Dangerous Valley' until the end of may when the average daily temperature is over 115F then is it really 'Death Valley'.
haha

pepsiguy

Quote from: Michael V. on April 15, 2011, 04:56:20 PM
my uncle lives in tulsa.  when he and his wife visit here in cape girardeau, mo... they always have to wonder if their house will be standing when they return. 

it's nuts in OK.
Michael is your house still standing! Lots of weather up your way, hope you have a shelter to go to,or have a plan of action. hope you weathered it ok.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: pepsiguy on April 23, 2011, 02:32:51 PM
Michael is your house still standing! Lots of weather up your way, hope you have a shelter to go to,or have a plan of action. hope you weathered it ok.
we're just fine.  thank you, sir.  over the course of the last 3 or 4 days, it's been nothing but tornado warnings here in cape girardeau.  i love it, though.  nabila and i enjoy sitting on the covered stairway outside our apartment as hell breaks loose all around us.  thankfully, there's a concrete covered storage "bunker" at the base of the stairway, so i think we'd be safe from a soviet ICBM in that thing.

in times like these i feel really bad for people who live in mobile homes.  you'd be just as safe in a kenmore refrigerator shipping box.

pepsiguy

mobile homes serve the same pourpose as duck decoys