• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Swishypants

What alternate universe do these people live in where Trump is doing badly? He's kicking ass and nobody can touch him! Everyone on this side is stoked! All the made-up "scandals" have backfired on the left and everyone is laughing at them over it.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Swishypants on November 28, 2017, 10:51:27 AM
What alternate universe do these people live in where Trump is doing badly? He's kicking ass and nobody can touch him! Everyone on this side is stoked! All the made-up "scandals" have backfired on the left and everyone is laughing at them over it.

Take your meds.

Nobody

Can someone please help me find an Art Bell-related link?

From what I can recall, when Ramona Bell was still alive, she did pre-show interviews of potential guests to determine their suitability to appear on the programme.  The link I am looking for concerns a would-be guest who had something to do with Bible studies (or, at least, theology of some sort).

This chap's page described how he chatted with Ramona Bell for a bit, only to be told by her that he wasn't going to appear on the show after all.  Does anyone have a link to the description of the event that this fellow posted on his website?

Norm

Art Bell Facebook post, earlier tonight.

"North Korea has just launched a new ICBM that can hit any City in the U.S. in my opinion the next launch will be to the mid-Pacific and will detonate a Hydrogen bomb in the Atmosphere. After that they will invite U.S. to leave S Korea and Japan. We will not let it get to that point, which means our President has almost no time and terrible options to act on. Do any of you read this in any other way?"
Art

Jackstar

QuoteDo any of you read this in any other way?"

ATTENTION ALL PLANETS OF THE SOLAR FEDERATION.
WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL.
WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL.
WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL.

paladin1991

Quote from: Nobody on November 28, 2017, 11:42:51 PM
Can someone please help me find an Art Bell-related link?

From what I can recall, when Ramona Bell was still alive, she did pre-show interviews of potential guests to determine their suitability to appear on the programme.  The link I am looking for concerns a would-be guest who had something to do with Bible studies (or, at least, theology of some sort).

This chap's page described how he chatted with Ramona Bell for a bit, only to be told by her that he wasn't going to appear on the show after all.  Does anyone have a link to the description of the event that this fellow posted on his website?

Uuuuuuuuh.  Someone once pointed me to that interview.  Might need to go to the old ARTBELL page.  Maybe via Wayback Machine?

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Norm on November 29, 2017, 12:03:54 AM

"North Korea has just launched a new ICBM that can hit any City in the U.S. in my opinion the next launch will be to the mid-Pacific and will detonate a Hydrogen bomb in the Atmosphere. After that they will invite U.S. to leave S Korea and Japan. We will not let it get to that point, which means our President has almost no time and terrible options to act on. Do any of you read this in any other way?"
Art

Will things begin to quicken quicker after this happens?

aldousburbank

Quote from: Jackstar on November 29, 2017, 12:11:39 AM

WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL.
WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL.
WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL.

Quote from: Swishypants on November 19, 2017, 11:15:20 AM
Got a 1:48 Scale Revell B-17G & B-24D. Makin' Models. Listening to Art. Thinkin' of Art.  ;D

Ironic, listen to Art and currently working on a 1:72 Airfix Dambuster. Go figure......

Asia should "quit" using Microsoft products.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on November 29, 2017, 01:30:34 PM
Q: Like I was thinking that maybe if you and Art looked at my website, you could just put it (“YOU KNOW”) â€" maybe on your site and saying, ‘An Interesting Site’ or something. What’s interesting in my case is, apparently, (“YOU KNOW IN MY”) my case history turns out â€" of course, my name is Mark Russell Bell â€" but I was an Egyptian by the name of Bel-Marduk, which apparently is also linked with the god Amun-Ra. So it’s just interesting synchronicity. Your name is Ramona. It has ‘ra’ in it. And, of course, ‘el’ means ‘of God.’ So I’m very good at these meanings in names and finding meanings.

R: Hmm.

Holy shit, the next page over.
W: William Neish, Southern California HIV/AIDS Hotline assistant

Q: So, William, don’t be scared of Mi . . . (“BOOK”) One can’t be too afraid of an Entity that fucks you.
W: I don’t know.
Q: In many, many different ways, I might add. Not just literally. (“FUNNY” “SENT”) I should say â€" (“SCARY”) not in a negative connotation. (“THIS TAPE”) He likes to play little games.
W: (says something about a condom that’s hard to hear) . . . and wear it all the time.
Q: Actually, I think the mango-flavored condom would be best.

QuoteQ: Right. And I met a rocket scientistâ€"no pun intendedâ€"and an art director for commercials. She was 44. He was 28. We did our little walk along the beach. I told him how everyone’s gay and I explained why everyone’s gay. The kid looked â€" well, let’s just say (“HE SCREWED”) he screwed her. This was the first time he ever met her. The next day he had to bed her because he had to prove his masculinity.
---
C: She’s a slut.

Lord Grantham

He keeps bringing it up on his tape recorder.

QuoteQ: Well, anyway, boy did it ever come true. I didn’t get much transcribing done. I’m transcribing “Ramola” (Karen Black imitation) or what’s her name â€" Ramona Bell’s conversation and, boy, what a strange ending that conversation had. I thought it was going okay. I mean I didn’t really say anything that I thought was that disturbing and all of a sudden she just became very â€" I don’t know what the word is. She sounded a lot like Peggy Watts. They might have some shared ancestry even.

QuoteIt’s Sunday almost 9 p.m. Pacific time and guess what known-to-some-people-in-America-if-not-a-household-word radio show personality and his wife just received a new fax from one of their listeners. I was looking over the transcript of my conversation with Ramona Bell and I was thinking, “Maybe I should go ahead and fax this as a special preview transcript excerptâ€"after all, they were nice enough to let me accomplish this interviewâ€"(“AND UM”) when I realized that one of the messages said, “NOW.” A little while later I was thinking, (“WELL”) “It’s almost the end of the program since they tape it beginning at 7 (6 is the correct time). Anyway, (“UM”) so I went ahead and faxed it. So they have it by now. I hope they enjoy it. I think it affords a wonderful opportunity for people when they read their conversations like this in writing to see how others might evaluate them on the basis of the conversation. It’s kind of like that old TV series “Candid Camera”:

When you least expect it

You’re elected

You’re the star today

Smile, you’re on ‘Candid Camera’

It’s fun to look at yourself the way that other people do

It’s fun to laugh at yourself the way that others do.

I think that’s also part of the theme song. Mine’s audio-version, of course, and I did tell her that this was a documentary-style conversation. So I wonder what her reaction will be should she read this. I have a feeling she may be the one in charge of the fax machine, if you know what I mean. There’s quite a lot in that organization I think that she might be in charge of.

QuoteQ: And what did you think of that Ramona Bell conversation? What?

B: What? (“SO WHAT DO YOU” “WHY”)

Q: Why was she so upset with me?

B: Well I don’t think she was upset. (“WELL THEY”)

Q: She didn’t want to book me â€" the way she was so abrupt. (“YOU CAN’T”)

B: She just thought you were nuts.

Q: She did?

B: Yeah.

Q: Because of what? The word meaning. (“RA” “WHEN YOU”)

B: The Egyptian Ra. That’s what did it.

Q: Really?

B: Obviously. Because it’s so â€" I mean you’re talking about abom(inable) â€" you’re talking about â€"

Q: It’s factual.

B: â€" from bigfoot to this to that and then all of a sudden you’re talking about â€" I mean it’s just too much. People just go, “Oh â€" ” (“JE”)

Q: That’s why people need to read. These people don’t read.

B: I have to go back to work.
---
Q: She was upset because I was crazy?

B: She thought you were â€" she probably didn’t understand many of the things you were saying.

Q: But it wasn’t just that because they have lots of ‘nutty’ people on who’ve invented time machines and things.

B: Yes but you dared to ask for control.

Q: How did I do that?

B: You wanted â€" you criticized â€"

Q: I began making demands.

B: â€" the choice â€" (“YOU MADE”) exactly.

Q: So who can’t take criticism? I mean everyone â€" I mean I can take criticism. (“THEY”)

B: They think that you should be honored that they would even consider you and how dare â€"

Q: Well, hell, they should be honored that I would even consider them.

B: That’s not the way it works. (“YOU KNOW” “MM MY”)

ge30542

Quote from: Lord Grantham on November 29, 2017, 07:25:27 AM
Will things begin to quicken quicker after this happens?
Surely you're not suggesting a quicker quickening, are you?

Lord Grantham

Quote(TRANSCRIBER’S NOTE: I WAS TRANSCRIBING THIS PORTION THE EVENING OF NOVEMBER 2, 1997 WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY LISTENINGâ€"NOT VERY CLOSELYâ€"TO ART BELL’S “DREAMLAND” RADIO SHOW WHEN DR. ELDON TAYLOR, AN EXPERT ON SUBLIMINAL MESSAGING, WAS THE GUEST. I CALLED VIA THE ‘FIRST-TIME CALLER LINE’ AND WAS THE FIRST LISTENER HEARD ON THE SHOW THAT EVENING. I SAID, “HI, ART AND DR. TAYLOR. THIS IS MARK IN SANTA MONICA. BY THE WAY, ART, I WANTED TO THANK YOU ON BEHALF OF ALL YOUR LISTENERS ABOUT THOSE 130 VIETNAMESE ORPHANS YOU ONCE RESCUED. I DON’T THINK PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THAT GENERALLY.” “WELL THANK YOU,” ART REPLIED. I THEN STATED, “OKAY â€" BUT I’VE NOTICED IN MY OWN WORK BECAUSE I DO A LOT OF INTERVIEWING MYSELF, DR. TAYLOR, THAT SOMETIMES WHEN I LISTEN TO VOICES AT DIFFERENT SPEEDS, WORDS THAT I ACTUALLY HEAR AS ‘YES’ WILL SOUND LIKE ‘NO’ WHEN THE PERSON IS REALLY JUST SAYING YES IN AGREEMENT WITH YOU.” THE SPIRIT MESSAGE “AND I” WAS HEARD ON MY MICROCASSETTE RECORDING AS I SAID, “HAVE YOU HAD ANY CONTACTS LIKE THAT â€" ANY EXPERIENCE LIKE THAT?” THE LINE WAS THEN DISCONNECTED. EARLIER THAT DAY, I ATTENDED A LECTURE ON COSMOLOGY PRESENTED BY DR. DEAN BROWN AT THE PHILOSOPHICAL RESEARCH SOCIETY THAT WAS BEING VIDEOTAPED FOR THE EDUCATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE COURSE-STYLE PRS “CONSCIOUSNESS STUDIES PROGRAM.” DR. BROWN COMMENTED THAT SUCH A SERIES OF TAPED LECTURES HAD ONLY RECENTLY BEEN MADE POSSIBLE BY TECHNOLOGICAL MIRACLES AND RATIONALIZED IN HIS LECTURE WHY THE PRS IS GOOD. I COULDN’T HELP THINKING ABOUT HOW PEOPLE USUALLY RATIONALIZE THEIR ACTIVITIES AFTER ENGAGING IN THEM RATHER THAN CONSIDERING THE VALUE OF THE PARTICIPATION FIRST AND, FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCES, THIS SEEMS AN ESPECIALLY DIFFICULT LESSON TO LEARN. I ASKED DR. BROWN IF FROM A HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE OR OTHERWISE, TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES WERE SIMPLIFYING AND DEPERSONALIZING EDUCATION AND RELATIONSHIPS; AND IF THIS WAS A GOOD THING OR A BAD THING. I RESUMED TRANSCRIBING THIS TAPE AT 11 P.M. ON NOVEMBER 15TH AFTER AN ESPECIALLY BUSY TWO WEEKS OF WORK THAT INCLUDED WORKING ON THE ARTICLE FOR THE 1998 PUBLICISTS GUILD DIRECTORY.)

deltalitprof

Anyone know whose voice it is who introduces the Best of Art Bell broadcasts?

comaphobe

Quote from: deltalitprof on November 29, 2017, 06:01:54 PM
Anyone know whose voice it is who introduces the Best of Art Bell broadcasts?

The female voice was Ramona. The male voice is Premier's replacement for Ross. I don't know who it is. Sounds like somebody who went from a sports channel cable subscription salesman to to being the voice of Coast To Coast.

Quote from: Norm on November 29, 2017, 12:03:54 AM

Art

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

Nobody

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 29, 2017, 01:37:36 PM
there it is.  Fun to read it again. 

It's easy to see why I was hoping to give it another read, eh? :)

Why Mark Russell Bell has left that up on his site for two decades (it dates from May 1997) is a mystery to me.  Nonetheless, I am grateful that he has, because it is the only account I am aware of where someone describes, "How I didn't get on Art Bell's show."

The page is now archived at archive.fo. in the unlikely event MRB ever comes to his senses and takes it down.

cweb

Quote from: comaphobe on November 29, 2017, 06:19:21 PM
The female voice was Ramona.
Whoa, really? I'm actually embarrassed to admit I never knew that.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Nobody on November 30, 2017, 02:05:06 AM
It's easy to see why I was hoping to give it another read, eh? :)

Why Mark Russell Bell has left that up on his site for two decades (it dates from May 1997) is a mystery to me.
---
in the unlikely event MRB ever comes to his senses and takes it down.

Doubtful. This guy had no filter.

He has long transcripts of him chatting up guys on airplanes, guys working the register at stores, guys who he meets at art galleries, guys who are waiting tables, guys who call into AIDS hotlines. This guy chats up a lot of dudes.

Nobody

Quote from: Lord Grantham on November 30, 2017, 07:47:43 AM
This guy chats up a lot of dudes.

I can't say I'm surprised to learn the author of this sentence:

I told him how everyone’s gay and I explained why everyone’s gay.

...chats up a lot of "dudes."