• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The General Musings of Falkie2013 (George Senda, The Guy From Pittsburgh)

Started by heater, December 19, 2013, 09:37:40 PM

Should this thread be removed from the forum?

Yes
1296 (66.7%)
No
647 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1937

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: area51drone on July 16, 2015, 08:59:43 PM
My intentions are what they are.  They are neither good nor bad.   As much as I may laugh both with and at Falkie, I enjoy talking with the guy.  He laughs at me all the time too.  We don't always agree.   It's fun.   See, I completely admit that I laugh AT Falkie many times.  Do you think he's going to disown me as a friend or something?   Maybe there was a bit of Dinner for Schmucking in the beginning..  but what I know now is that as crazy, insane, delusional, ignorant, unappreciative and helpless as Falkie can be, I have a good time interacting with him, and I think he feels the same way.    He also happens to be funny, caring, a good storyteller and well read too. 

Ok so you won't try to help the guy. He is basically a clown to you. It's  all about you and your own enjoyment. That sounds pretty selfish. I just wanted to know where you are coming from with him. Hey no problem...whatever floats your boat...maannnnn.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: littlechris on July 16, 2015, 10:56:38 PM
Hon, I'm sure they all can apply to him. Lol
-

Well we all know he is a schmuck, a putz, an asshole and shithead among many other things...but now we can add degenerate to the list!!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on July 17, 2015, 12:27:43 AM
Well we all know he is a schmuck, a putz, an asshole and shithead among many other things...but now we can add degenerate to the list!!

Don't forget he'll be posting yet another video to show the 'haters'; and remind them to mind their own business as he tells blobette to cover her ass crack while he's panning around the tip. He reminded us earlier that the laundry needs attending to because Blobette hasn't any clothes that are clean/ or don't stink of sweat. But don't pass that on, it's none of our business.

Who

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 17, 2015, 06:20:08 AM
Don't forget he'll be posting yet another video to show the 'haters'; and remind them to mind their own business as he tells blobette to cover her ass crack while he's panning around the tip. He reminded us earlier that the laundry needs attending to because Blobette hasn't any clothes that are clean/ or don't stink of sweat. But don't pass that on, it's none of our business.

Who

Quote from: Falkie2013 on July 16, 2015, 11:28:30 AM
Kathy was lying on the bed covered up in a blanket and neither of us realized that her side, and NOT her ass or a " new bruise " was exposed until later. She regularly sleeps in the nude as do I

" these people are being ridiculous. Why don't they mind their own fucking business ? I'm really getting tired of their shit ! "

SredniVashtar

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on July 16, 2015, 12:54:14 PM
Oh, I know all about Shakespeare.  I've read books, and I used to watch planes take off from the airport.

During the play-within-a-play, the player queen makes a big fuss about never remarrying if her husband dies.  Hamlet is hoping that this triggers some guilt on the part of Gertrude, his mom, and asks her what she thinks of the play.  Gertrude replies that "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." Gert thinks that the player queen is making an overly long and solemn vow and thus it is to be regarded with suspicion.  Hamlet replies, "O, but she'll keep her word."

How you get "protest" out of this, I don't know, but I'm all ears.

Well, you are the first person who does.  ;)

"The play's the thing, wherein to catch the conscience of the king" (or something like that), was Hamlet's idea for inserting those lines into the play. It was supposed to trigger a guilty reaction from Claudius, which it did. Rude Gert was pretty incidental, as the Ghost had already told him to leave her alone.

Protest was used in the sense of 'protestation', an affirmation, (I don't think 'promise' is the right word) rather than our common usage of it which would be something like 'to object'. I think we probably get our later sense of the word from the Reformation which gave us the word 'Protestant', but I still hear people use 'protest' today in the sense that Shakespeare intended it, as a declaration.

You could talk about Hamlet all your life and find differing interpretations of all sorts of aspects, but I think that particular bit is quite clear.

Didn't mean to be so abrupt before, I was pressed for time.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 17, 2015, 06:45:03 AM
Protest was used in the sense of 'protestation', an affirmation, (I don't think 'promise' is the right word) rather than our common usage of it which would be something like 'to object'. I think we probably get our later sense of the word from the Reformation which gave us the word 'Protestant', but I still hear people use 'protest' today in the sense that Shakespeare intended it, as a declaration.

"Promise" isn't a very precise substitute.  "Promise too much" gives the incorrect impression that too much is being promised, which is not the intended meaning.  But neither is the modern, figure-of-speech usage of an excessive level of denial, to the point where it makes the speaker look guilty.

The one that really grinds my gears is the modern usage of "Now is the winter of our discontent."  Emphasis on the period.  Makes me wanna choke a bitch.

Quote from: b_dubb on July 16, 2015, 08:34:36 PM
More germaphobic?

Eating healthier.  Falkie's body has been built on fatburgers.  Nuff said.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on July 17, 2015, 07:27:22 AM
"Promise" isn't a very precise substitute.  "Promise too much" gives the incorrect impression that too much is being promised, which is not the intended meaning.  But neither is the modern, figure-of-speech usage of an excessive level of denial, to the point where it makes the speaker look guilty.

The one that really grinds my gears is the modern usage of "Now is the winter of our discontent."  Emphasis on the period.  Makes me wanna choke a bitch.

'mkay.

I have never looked at it in that way, I must admit. I don't know what period you are referring to, because the second line is an enjambment, 'made glorious summer by our sun of York.'

Quote from: Roswells, Art on July 16, 2015, 08:48:04 PM
Yeah, that is a problem. Fourteen years?! So you don't know who Art is?  Yeah, yeah he's that guy who posts on his own thread. People seem to like him for some reason.

Falkie likes to talk about me (and others) following him "all over the Internet," but two sites does not constitute the Internet.  I had been posting at a site for a few years when Griftie showed up.  He spent the next 12 years posting there.  A couple of years ago, he disappeared for awhile.  Then he kept coming back to remind us that he wasn't posting there anymore, and talking about this great new site called bellgab.com where he was loved and appreciated and protected from those awful horrible trolls by the site owner.  And he kept telling us not to post there because we'd all be banned and maybe prosecuted.

Well, after enough of this taunting, I decided to come here to check it out.  Even though I've been banned repeatedly, I keep lurking and coming back because the site is just that good.  Lots of interesting people, topics, conversation.  I had barely heard of Art Bell, and don't believe in any of that paranormal stuff at all.  Despite that, I plan to check out Art's new show and maybe become a subscriber.  I figure that there must be a reason why so many otherwise normal people pay attention to that stuff, so it's worth a look.

As for the 14 years part, I see that he's been a member here for 4 years now.  He's certainly been the focus of several members here over that time, but I think none of them would agree that he's an obsession.  Just a squeeze toy that can be used as stress relief.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 17, 2015, 07:36:28 AM
'mkay.

I have never looked at it in that way, I must admit. I don't know what period you are referring to, because the second line is an enjambment, 'made glorious summer by our sun of York.'

I mean that people use it to mean, "We're at the nadir of our unhappiness right now."  They use the first line like it is a complete sentence, when it is only a portion of the expression.  It bugs me because it's taking something wonderful and reusing it in another, cruder way.  Like using the Rosetta Stone as building material.

It strikes me that a discussion of Shakespeare in the Falkie thread is about as unlikely as a group of monkey's randomly banging away on typewriters until they tapped out the complete works of Shakespeare.  Could this be a sign of the End Times?

Quote from: area51drone on July 16, 2015, 08:59:43 PM
My intentions are what they are.  They are neither good nor bad.   As much as I may laugh both with and at Falkie, I enjoy talking with the guy.  He laughs at me all the time too.  We don't always agree.   It's fun.   See, I completely admit that I laugh AT Falkie many times.  Do you think he's going to disown me as a friend or something?   Maybe there was a bit of Dinner for Schmucking in the beginning..  but what I know now is that as crazy, insane, delusional, ignorant, unappreciative and helpless as Falkie can be, I have a good time interacting with him, and I think he feels the same way.    He also happens to be funny, caring, a good storyteller and well read too.

I think it's just wonderful that you've managed to find two BFF in Falkie and Casio.  Everyone needs a friend, even you.  And judging by the amount of time you spend with them, I can see that you would be very lonely indeed without them.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on July 17, 2015, 07:59:28 AM
I mean that people use it to mean, "We're at the nadir of our unhappiness right now."  They use the first line like it is a complete sentence, when it is only a portion of the expression.  It bugs me because it's taking something wonderful and reusing it in another, cruder way.  Like using the Rosetta Stone as building material.

It strikes me that a discussion of Shakespeare in the Falkie thread is about as unlikely as a group of monkey's randomly banging away on typewriters until they tapped out the complete works of Shakespeare.  Could this be a sign of the End Times?

I know what you mean. Yes, people remember the first part and don't refer to the second, which is the point of the sentence. But people are often misquoting Shakespeare. There is a speech from Troilus and Cressida given by Ulysses about 'degree' and people knowing their place, which is a big favourite of right-wing politicians. But it doesn't mean what they think it means because Ulysses is sneaky and does exactly the opposite, to annoy Achilles and get him into the war. Likewise Richard II, John of Gaunt's speech is taken as a lovely picture of England ('this precious jewel set in the silver sea' etc) when the entire speech goes on to say how the king has mortgaged the country and it has all gone to rack and ruin.

Yes, this all looks a bit incongruous in this thread  :) , but I like to think of it as cleansing the Augean Stables, which is probably the closest thing in fiction/myth to Falkie's apartment.

I hope it isn't the End Times, because that might make Falkie the Antichrist. I know he is annoying and all, but...

paladin1991

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 17, 2015, 06:45:03 AM
Well, you are the first person who does.  ;)

"The play's the thing, wherein to catch the conscience of the king" (or something like that), was Hamlet's idea for inserting those lines into the play. It was supposed to trigger a guilty reaction from Claudius, which it did. Rude Gert was pretty incidental, as the Ghost had already told him to leave her alone.

You could talk about Hamlet all your life and find differing interpretations of all sorts of aspects, but I think that particular bit is quite clear.

Didn't mean to be so abrupt before, I was pressed for time.

Hoooooly SHiiiiit,  we got us a genuine English English major. 

that's a no shitter.

paladin1991

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on July 17, 2015, 07:27:22 AM

*I* always felt that the emphasis on 'winter' was wrong.  The 'discontent' is the thing for me.  'Winter' being a descriptor of just how deep the discontent runs.  *shrug*  It's fucking Shakespeare.  He wrote a lot of this shit when he was half in the bag, not even he knows/knew half of what he meant.

paladin1991

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on July 17, 2015, 07:52:16 AM
  And he kept telling us not to post there because we'd all be banned and maybe prosecuted.

do you think he mispoke and meant prostituted, like himself?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 17, 2015, 08:35:25 AM
*I* always felt that the emphasis on 'winter' was wrong.  The 'discontent' is the thing for me.  'Winter' being a descriptor of just how deep the discontent runs.  *shrug*  It's fucking Shakespeare.  He wrote a lot of this shit when he was half in the bag, not even he knows/knew half of what he meant.

Paladin weighs in on cultural matters and teaches us all a thing or two. I just wish you'd cite your sources, you plagiaristic asshole, because I am sure I read that last sentence here:  ;)

paladin1991

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on July 17, 2015, 08:05:22 AM
I think it's just wonderful that you've managed to find two BFF in Falkie and Casio.  Everyone needs a friend, even you.  And judging by the amount of time you spend with them, I can see that you would be very lonely indeed without them.
Well, you gotta remember how it works around here, DPS.  You and I come fm different worlds.  and you know what happens when worlds collide, don't you?

https://youtu.be/d5PoIrcyd34

paladin1991

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 17, 2015, 08:09:36 AM
I know what you mean. Yes, people remember the first part and don't refer to the second, which is the point of the sentence. But people are often misquoting Shakespeare. There is a speech from Troilus and Cressida given by Ulysses about 'degree' and people knowing their place, which is a big favourite of right-wing politicians. But it doesn't mean what they think it means because Ulysses is sneaky and does exactly the opposite, to annoy Achilles and get him into the war. Likewise Richard II, John of Gaunt's speech is taken as a lovely picture of England ('this precious jewel set in the silver sea' etc) when the entire speech goes on to say how the king has mortgaged the country and it has all gone to rack and ruin.

Wait.  Are we still talking about Felchie, the fallen American Republic or about a bunch of dead ppl who don't matter anymore?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 17, 2015, 08:44:55 AM
Wait.  Are we still talking about Felchie, the fallen American Republic or about a bunch of dead ppl who don't matter anymore?

I know discussing Shakespeare on here is like putting tits on a bull, but I am doing my best.

b_dubb

TMI. Too Much Information. Falkie you sir are in need of help. And a disconnection of your internet and electricity. These people have suffered enough.

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 17, 2015, 08:35:25 AM
*I* always felt that the emphasis on 'winter' was wrong.  The 'discontent' is the thing for me.  'Winter' being a descriptor of just how deep the discontent runs.  *shrug*  It's fucking Shakespeare.  He wrote a lot of this shit when he was half in the bag, not even he knows/knew half of what he meant.

The word "winter" has multiple functions in this passage.

Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this son of York;

The reference to the change in seasons meshes with the wordplay of "son of York."  He's referring to Edward IV, whose emblem was a sun in splendor.  Edward (House of York) had just defeated the forces supporting Henry VI.  The cold, dark winter of armed conflict had been turned into the warm, bright glow of victory by that rising "sun" of York.

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 17, 2015, 08:38:03 AM
do you think he mispoke and meant prostituted, like himself?

I don't know that Falkie ever had the money to pay for a prostitute.  He tried to make them his girlfriend.  He would spot one that he liked (older, blonde, big tits, kind hearted) and attach himself to her like an abalone.  When they tried to deflect his romantic aspirations, he'd get all nutty and threaten to kill himself and shit like that.  It was weird and infantile but made more sense as he began to talk about his relationship with his mother in more detail.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 17, 2015, 08:49:58 AM
I know discussing Shakespeare on here is like putting tits on a bull, but I am doing my best.

Let me, let me;  Feeding caviar to pigs, perchance?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 17, 2015, 10:18:11 AM

'Caviar to the general', if we are staying with Hamlet.

Cheer up, Pud. 'You know who' has gone to bed by now, so we are spared the gloating for a while.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 17, 2015, 10:21:22 AM
'Caviar to the general', if we are staying with Hamlet.

Cheer up, Pud. 'You know who' has gone to bed by now, so we are spared the gloating for a while.

I've just found out.. Just read your post. Bugger.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 17, 2015, 10:18:11 AM

Amazingly enough, Shakespeare and Falkie have something in common.  There's a ton of discussion about things they wrote, which gets repetitive, has little practical purpose, and never seems to come to any conclusions, but people never get tired of doing it, either.

Falkie = Shakespeare

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on July 17, 2015, 10:24:05 AM
Amazingly enough, Shakespeare and Falkie have something in common.  There's a ton of discussion about things they wrote, which gets repetitive, has little practical purpose, and never seems to come to any conclusions, but people never get tired of doing it, either.

Falkie = Shakespeare

Damn your eyes sir!!!! To even come close trying to compare an indolent, sweaty, shit and food stained drain on society with the inventor of many words in common usage today and who wrote great works is tantamount to heresy you bounder.

As Shylock didn't say; "Does a Senda not bleed"?

SredniVashtar

OK, I'll play, let's drag this thread into something valuable at last.

Othello, featuring Falkie as the moor, Kathy as Desdemona. And who shall play Iago? Well, it's almost typecasting but you can't look past Drone.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 17, 2015, 10:30:46 AM

As Shylock didn't say; "Does a Senda not bleed"?

Highly unlikely. You'd need some kind of implement they use on whaling vessels to get through a foot thick layer of blubber before you'd find a vein let alone an artery.