• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity mugshots

Started by 21st Century Man, March 19, 2017, 11:48:24 PM

TigerLily

Can't believe I get to post this one

Mel Gibson arrested for drunk driving
Actor Mel Gibson is arrested for driving under the influence, and reportedly launches into a tirade.
BY SUSANNA REGAN
29 JULY 2006
Mel Gibson has been arrested for driving under the influence in California.

The Signs actor was pulled over by a Sheriff's deputy yesterday in Malibu at 2:36am, after he was seen speeding.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 20, 2017, 05:16:54 PM
You have to be careful of fake mug shots that actors did for movies.  I was ready to post this one. Then I found out it was from Take The Money And Run.

There are quite a few good fake ones out there, including some hilarious ones that suggest the subject may have resisted arrest.  I was momentarily fooled one of Tom Hanks, but then immediately saw some others.

The last man to win 30 games in a season

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 20, 2017, 06:40:37 PM
The last man to win 30 games in a season

I was thinking hard and came up with the name Denny O'Neil.  I was wrong but I was on the right track.  Denny O'Neil is a comic book writer. lol.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 20, 2017, 06:42:59 PM
I was thinking hard and came up with the name Denny O'Neil.  I was wrong but I was on the right track.  Denny O'Neil is a comic book writer. lol.

You got the first name right and are on track with a Scots/Irish last name.   Close.

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 20, 2017, 06:46:20 PM
You got the first name right and are on track with a Scots/Irish last name.   Close.

Yeah, I looked it up after I took my guess.  I knew I was wrong but had to verify so I'll let someone else try.

Showing that Time can be a total bitch, a fresh faced Nick Nolte forty years before his hideous shirt mugshot. You'll never guess what he was arrested for, and it was about the last thing I expected.

From The Smoking Gun: "Actor Rip Torn was arrested in December 2006 in Westchester, New York and charged with drunk driving after his 1995 Chevy Cavalier collided with a tractor-trailer as he attempted to make a turn."

I wonder if only being able to afford an eleven-year-old Cavalier after a long, successful career had anything to do with this.

http://gawker.com/5460514/rip-torns-bank-robbery-arrest-seals-his-reputation-for-most-drunk-prolific-old-actor

From the looks of it, he's lucky he'd already finished the ounce of blow he had at the beginning of the night.

"Actor Dennis Hooper was arrested by New Mexico police in July 1975 and charged with reckless driving, failure to report an accident, and leaving the scene. Hopper, 39 at the time, pleaded guilty to the charges and paid a fine."

And damn you for starting this thread, 21st! The last thing I need is another distracting shiny object.

Iva Ikuko Toguri D'Aquino, aka Tokyo Rose

Although she really wasn't and never used that name on the air. She was actually an extraordinary woman who was the victim of an inexcusable miscarriage of justice and anything but a traitor. I hadn't known much about her before, and her story is well worth reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iva_Toguri_D%27Aquino

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 20, 2017, 09:41:47 PM
Iva Ikuko Toguri D'Aquino, aka Tokyo Rose

Although she really wasn't and never used that name on the air. She was actually an extraordinary woman who was the victim of an inexcusable miscarriage of justice and anything but a traitor. I hadn't known much about her before, and her story is well worth reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iva_Toguri_D%27Aquino

Well then I guess it is time for Axis Sally:

Couldn't find a mugshot for Manila Myrtle but here she is for completeness sake.

and here is Mussolini's version of Axis Sally -  Rita Zucca  of NYC

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 20, 2017, 10:32:07 PM
and here is Mussolini's version of Axis Sally -  Rita Zucca  of NYC

That's the first I've heard of her, and she undoubtedly would be better known if any of Mussolini's PR people had thought to bill her as The Florence Nightingale.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 20, 2017, 08:24:38 PM
You'll never guess what he was arrested for...

idunno, the whole idea of a research project accompanying each post... i'll give it a 6.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 20, 2017, 03:49:47 PM
Looks like a certain Bellgabber has some 'splainin' to do.

Hey! Fake news, fake news.

shhhhh.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 20, 2017, 10:44:03 PM
Oops

She was just flirting with that cop. That's how Hungarian chicks do it!  :D

This is a pretty clever concept, and when I first saw the one with Sheen I thought somebody had just found an old mugshot that looks like him.  There are some more here.

https://fstoppers.com/portraits/contemporary-celebrity-mugshots-re-appropriated-1920s-style-5282

TigerLily

My favorite 30s gangster, John Dillinger. And what a treasure trove of mugshots. Wikipedia says the first photo is a mugshot even though no numbers. And talk about attitude! *sigh* Me and bad boys. Good thing that's all in my past. I think

Eldrick "Tiger" Woods

This picture is the very definition of money not buying you happiness.

ItsOver

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 29, 2017, 05:07:57 PM
Eldrick "Tiger" Woods

This picture is the very definition of money not buying you happiness.

Quote from: ItsOver on May 29, 2017, 05:24:05 PM

Well the hair's a bit off.   Other than that............ :o