• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

zeebo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 18, 2015, 06:00:09 PM
... All this backing into the limelight stuff is just phoney-baloney balls...

Yep I think she even referred to this as her dream the other nite (albeit under strange/sad circumstances).  Personally I think she's got potential and she'll do fine when she finds the right situation (this probably not being it, long term, given all the chaos swirling). 

Still, good on her for taking a chance and gaining some experience.  The fallout amongst all the MITD early-adopters is understandable (and should have been predictable), given the show was all based on Art's (over-) hyped return to radio. 

Quote from: BellBoy on December 18, 2015, 06:27:45 PM
But the bate-man is actually "Ready for Prime-Time"  ;)

Let "The Wild Rumpus Fap" commence!

Quote from: zeebo on December 18, 2015, 06:33:21 PM
This is where we need MacGyver.

Well, we're stuck with Perry Mason. Wheelchair, Perry Mason...

BellBoy

Quote from: rekcuf on December 18, 2015, 06:35:20 PM
Well, we're stuck with Perry Mason. Wheelchair, Perry Mason...

my sides! fuck you! my sides!

Ciardelo

Quote from: BellBoy on December 18, 2015, 06:26:48 PM
Fuck! Just... Fuck! Someone always has to go for the nuclear option. ::)
Sorry bro. I just lost it there. I'm just glad there weren't any weaponized bats laying around.

Auslandia

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 18, 2015, 07:10:47 PM
Sorry bro. I just lost it there. I'm just glad there weren't any weaponized bats laying around.

With friggin lasers

bateman

Quote from: cosmic hobo on December 18, 2015, 06:10:59 PM
The show and host, in fact the whole situation is just horrible.

Bateman should be hosting this show. The fact that one of the hosts that helped build the network wasn't  chosen is a slap in the face.

They should just let this network die with some dignity now.

Believe me, it's all I've been hearing for the last week. Moot point though, I wasn't asked. I'll just sit back and enjoy watching the house burn now.

norland2424

Quote from: bateman on December 18, 2015, 07:17:18 PM
Believe me, it's all I've been hearing for the last week. Moot point though, I wasn't asked. I'll just sit back and enjoy watching the house burn now.

its more of a trash fire

Heather Wade

Damned if I do and damned if I don't.  See you tonight for Open Lines.  Let's make the best of this.  Let's have a fun show in Art's honor.

wr250

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 18, 2015, 07:57:54 PM
Damned if I do and damned if I don't.  See you tonight for Open Lines.  Let's make the best of this.  Let's have a fun show in Art's honor.
just have fun and at least i will  8)

aldousburbank

Play this real loud. It helps.

http://youtu.be/_Yhyp-_hX2s

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 18, 2015, 05:45:06 PM
It reminds me of that bit in Citizen Kane when he had his girlfriend singing opera on stage, and he was clapping vehemently while everyone else backed away quietly and pretended none of the ghastly mess was happening.

Ciardelo

yes'm We shall.

akwilly

I think you do a great job. I just wish you guys would send the show to the radio stations. I would rather hear you than any Art replay.

Heather Wade

Quote from: akwilly on December 18, 2015, 08:01:26 PM
I think you do a great job. I just wish you guys would send the show to the radio stations. I would rather hear you than any Art replay.

Keith is fulfilling his contractual obligations by sending replays to the stations picking up the show on the XDS satellite.  Many stations are still picking up the internet stream, including WTWW and 1010 AM in Toronto. 

Art has given his life to radio and to his listeners.  Let's give back by at least having fun tonight.

Element 115

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 18, 2015, 08:11:16 PM
Keith is fulfilling his contractual obligations by sending replays to the stations picking up the show on the XDS satellite.  Many stations are still picking up the internet stream, including WTWW and 1010 AM in Toronto. 

Art has given his life to radio and to his listeners.  Let's give back by at least having fun tonight.

Heather I wish Art would call in tonight. Is it going to be open lines like usual Fridays?

zeebo

Damned if I do and damned if I don't. ..

Yep.    :(

... See you tonight for Open Lines.  Let's make the best of this.  Let's have a fun show in Art's honor.

You got it!   :)

Heather Wade

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 18, 2015, 08:14:37 PM
Heather I wish Art would call in tonight. Is it going to be open lines like usual Fridays?

Keith will come on to clear up any confusion about the future of the Network, and then away we go.  Anything you want to talk about.  I may even

-cringe-

talk a bit more about myself.

Rix Gins

I'm in!

Element 115

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 18, 2015, 08:20:21 PM
Keith will come on to clear up any confusion about the future of the Network, and then away we go.  Anything you want to talk about.  I may even

-cringe-

Nice!!! Any special line tonight? We should have one special line.

Respect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dqVDQ-lF4Q

smithy

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 18, 2015, 08:11:16 PM

Heather,  I am getting used to your style and hope you can keep the show going beyond a month.  You haven't really had a chance to develop it in one short week.   When you stood up to Dave Noory and told him where to stick after he threatened to shut down bellgab (said it was libelous or something like that) that was klashick... Then bellgab got redirected to coasttocoastam.com   Good times

Ciardelo

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 18, 2015, 08:20:21 PM

-cringe-

I'm sure it will be fine, no problem.

Whatever you do, don't read the thread during the show. And don't take calls from 4channers. Or BellGabbers because they will probably be fake...take some sunscreen and a fresh change of socks. And don't forget, act natural. Sit up straighter, there, just like that. Perfect!

BellBoy

I'll drink to that!

ChandlersDad

Quote from: Theodora on December 18, 2015, 03:05:32 PM
Who is Dave? I joined this week in light of the drama and have only glanced at Bellgab a few times since Art mentioned it early on.

I joined Bellgab because I was floored with what happened last week. I am female and currently off work due to poor health. My husband introduced me to Art back in 1997 while he was doing midnight shift on patrol. Immediately I loved it and growing up in a "radio loving house"-it was always on here at 10pm for 14 years. I began listening nightly-through all of Art's life and work events, seldom missing a show.

In 2009, I  signed up for C2C and grew to despise Noory after years of listening to his stupid egomaniac persona which got worse over time. I couldn't take him anymore last year and ended my subscription. I was a member of RIC out of Sweden for 6 years but ended that because of the racist, faschist program of lies and propaganda it became-It was no longer cutting edge radio.

I was also a subscriber to Veritas Radio and Caravan to Midnight last year once dumping Noory for good.  C2M last 3 months because I found John B wells very different on his own show and it was largely rednecked; Christian and too right winged for my tastes. Veritas provides only one show per week although Mel Fergas is an excellent interviewer with a wide range of topics-but it was too expensive for what the show is-a weekly podcast. Last year I began listening to Capricorn radio podcasts and in the past have picked up Jeff Rense; Freeman; Richard Syrett as well.

I also knew Art would be back and waited with great enthusiasm. It was awesome to have the show back and I felt that the programming lacked at times but he was doing a great job and it was Art in his purest form. Since I haven't been sleeping well, I have also started Listening to OSOM-which I really enjoy due to the truly quirky nature of the show. Yes, there have been RCH issues-but that's OKay to me.

Since joining Bellgab, Heather Wade is not anyone I am familiar with here.  As a paying subscriber over the last week-I have been forced to listen to her and I don't have anything against Heather personally. But, for me she is a big disappointment as is DMDN and Art. Its been a gong show and not in a good way. She sounds stoned to me and clearly lacks life experience and radio broadcasting experience. However, she is trying her best and isn't terrible either. Please remember-I am just a listener and not really a Bellgabber. Its the thousands of other subscribers, advertisers and affiliates that have no context for Heather either.

I can tell you aren't a Bellgabber. You wrote a sincere well constructed post about your podcast history. Most Bellgabbers are one-liner Divas who want anything but to be sincere and serious. By the way, for some reason it seems that Bellgabbers refer to George Noory as "Dave". It makes about as much sense as anything else posted around here.

ChandlersDad

WHY AM I SUPPOSED TO HONOR A MAN WHO (AGAIN) WALKED OUT ABRUPTLY? THIS HAS BEEN HIS STANDARD PROCEDURE SINCE THE 90'S.  YEAH, LET"S ALL KISS HIS ASS.  >:(