• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: Catsmile on January 04, 2016, 03:53:44 AM
Heather is getting it hard and heavy in Arts wake.

You and I have a radically different understanding of the science of weights and measures. When the social niche commentary consists of nothing more than wearisome cries of "she slept her way to the top!" and "she JUST started, AND she sucks!", with a sprinkling of, "she's been in on it THE WHOLE TIME!!!", it is no longer "commentary"--it's mass hysteria.

She hasn't been on long enough for a rational person to make an assessment; ergo, anyone who has made an assessment, is an idiot. Quot erat demonstratum.

Hard and heavy? This place is a fucking pillow fight. Spare.

Catsmile

Quote from: flimflam384 on January 04, 2016, 04:06:27 AM
Fair enough.  Maybe pathological was the wrong word.  I largely started posting because I thought this was a good board to talk shit about Art's less-coherent-and-credible guests.  So I'm a hypocrite.  Guilty as charged.

Dude, no worries. We are all assholes to someone sometime in our lives.

Plus this is the internet. DON'T TAKE THINGS SO SERIOUSLY ON THE INTERNET.
If you do take it seriously, someone is gonna fuck with you simply because they can.

boxman

Quote from: ManiacMatt on January 04, 2016, 02:48:57 AM
The trolls comments on here are just immature and asinine.  What's the point? So you don't like the show...who cares.
That is what trolls do.. If you want them to stop then stop feeding them and instead just ignore them.

flimflam384

Quote from: boxman on January 04, 2016, 04:13:31 AM
That is what trolls do.. If you want them to stop then stop feeding them and instead just ignore them.

I don't have an ignore list yet, but I feel it would be futile because the context of the thread's conversation would be fucked with people replying to people I can't see.

Meister_000

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 04, 2016, 12:20:59 AM
Well, the emotional side of being desensitized is one element, but the rational side is another. Even if you can't empathize with people, you Rational-Beings, should still be able to understand that they have feelings and also the ethical imperative of not doing needless harm. So even if you can't fully understand why trolling is a bad thing, you might try to err on the side of avoiding it.

I don't think you can justify a troll's actions with Art by saying that the end (of Art leaving an unhealthy place) justifies the means (the final troll that made up Art's mind). It's probably best that Art left and he should have done it sooner. I don't see this place as a support group for him, especially under the circumstances. He's got family and friends for that.

^That^ 

Analogously, Kant said; "You cannot command someone to "feel", but you _can_ command them to do their duty."   
But then, that assumes such a thing as "duty" (even self-legislated) is (still) part of the assumed common-currency of your society and its sustained Eternal teachings and thus even grokable by the Agent(s) in question. Times have changed.

boxman

Quote from: flimflam384 on January 04, 2016, 04:18:17 AM
I don't have an ignore list yet, but I feel it would be futile because the context of the thread's conversation would be fucked with people replying to people I can't see.
But YOU can still ignore them and not respond. It is because people respond to them that they keep going.
The only reason they do it is because they get a buzz from riling people up.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: The King of Kings on January 04, 2016, 04:07:51 AM
You really should read Heather's old posts on here.

Maybe I will. If that was her tonight, it's not a good sign.

area51drone

Quote from: boxman on January 04, 2016, 04:25:09 AM
they get a buzz from riling people up.

I don't see anyone getting riled up.  Actually a pretty reasonable conversation.

flimflam384

Quote from: boxman on January 04, 2016, 04:25:09 AM
But YOU can still ignore them and not respond. It is because people respond to them that they keep going.
The only reason they do it is because they get a buzz from riling people up.

Which would lead me to just go back to lurking and cringing when the board is overrun with trolls.

Catsmile

Quote from: Jackstar on January 04, 2016, 04:10:04 AM
You and I have a radically different understanding of the science of weights and measures. When the social niche commentary consists of nothing more than wearisome cries of "she slept her way to the top!" and "she JUST started, AND she sucks!", with a sprinkling of, "she's been in on it THE WHOLE TIME!!!", it is no longer "commentary"--it's mass hysteria.

She hasn't been on long enough for a rational person to make an assessment; ergo, anyone who has made an assessment, is an idiot. Quot erat demonstratum.

Hard and heavy? This place is a fucking pillow fight. Spare.

When you take one line out of context, I reckon my point will be missed; seeking facts in dramatic flair.

Yes, this place overall is a pillow fight, again dramatic flair. Ya know it's kinda like forum flair, but dramatic. 

Jackstar

Quote from: Catsmile on January 04, 2016, 04:34:46 AM
When you take one line out of context, I reckon my point will be missed; seeking facts in dramatic flair.

Yes, this place overall is a pillow fight, again dramatic flair. Ya know it's kinda like forum flair, but dramatic.

You're still invested, huh?

WOTR

Quote from: Meister_000 on January 04, 2016, 04:18:19 AM
^That^ 

Analogously, Kant said; "You cannot command someone to "feel", but you _can_ command them to do their duty."   
But then, that assumes such a thing as "duty" (even self-legislated) is (still) part of the assumed common-currency of your society and its sustained Eternal teachings and thus even grokable by the Agent(s) in question. Times have changed.
You tell me what my "duty" is on the internet and to whom I owe my services. I don't think I feel like getting into it here- but I do more than my "duty", and I actually "feel" in my own way.  However, I'll head off and say 20 "hail Arts" for my trespasses against him by not finding DP to be the lowest form of life.  I am well aware that somebody else's moral judgement must be far superior to my own...

So, in the case of Redacted being here, what is my moral duty, to whom is it owed, and how do you suggest that I go about fulfilling it? (Or do you agree with Pi that it is pretty much her own problem and fault for posting here in such an "unprofessional" manner?) 

ponyboysunset

As Art's replacement I don't know that I would come here seeking solace and asking if you should continue. I tried to give you some advice personally when you started but you chose to ignore me, which is fine so I will publicly state it now. If you can't handle the hate slung here don't come here. People will always hate you as a public figure. You have to develop thicker skin and not give two shits what this forum or any other says about you if you do continue. Find your voice and do your thing. But looking for support in a shark tank will not end well.

If nothing else, I learned a new word, "grokable".

Heather Wade

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 04, 2016, 04:46:20 AM
As Art's replacement I don't know that I would come here seeking solace and asking if you should continue. I tried to give you some advice personally when you started but you chose to ignore me, which is fine so I will publicly state it now. If you can't handle the hate slung here don't come here. People will always hate you as a public figure. You have to develop thicker skin and not give two shits what this forum or any other says about you if you do continue. Find your voice and do your thing. But looking for support in a shark tank will not end well.

The asking was rhetorical.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 04, 2016, 04:51:05 AM
Find your voice and do your thing. People are going to hate you because you replaced Art. So if you stand out you have a better shot.

And learn from Art's mistake. Do not engage the haters. You cannot convert them.

Jackstar

Quote from: WOTR on January 04, 2016, 04:43:05 AM
what is my moral duty, to whom is it owed, and how do you suggest that I go about fulfilling it?

Every living being knows the difference between correct and incorrect, good and bad, right and wrong. The key is to stop to think to ask Oneself, in any circumstance.

Because many in society do not do this (or are even unaware that they should, or even can), society has enacted laws, which are all completely bogus, because society didn't ask me first, but that's okay, society has the right to be wrong.

It's all really quite simple.

WOTR

Damn it all if this place is not addictive.  4 hours until the alarm goes off...

Seriously, if you stick around here, I hope you manage to do what Art could not and ignore the negative.  I hope that you are able to grow your show and make it your own and think that people will eventually get used to the new show and appreciate somebody with your background / knowledge hosting it.

Roswells, Art

And make sure you follow all of our advice, even if it is contradictory.

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 04, 2016, 04:53:34 AM
Find your voice and do your thing. People are going to hate you because you replaced Art. So if you stand out you have a better shot.

And learn from Art's mistake. Do not engage the haters. You cannot convert them.
at least heather answered your question  when i asked if she was having to be also the producer of her show all i got was  no response ........ and   .....dead air

WOTR

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 04, 2016, 04:59:22 AM
at least heather answered your question  when i asked if she was having to be also the producer of her show all i got was  no response ........ and   .....dead air
She is holding off answering that question until you call in. ;)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 04, 2016, 04:59:22 AM
You could try and PM her. I was just passing along sage advice I got from a long time professional. And again a lot of the greats don't post in forums or do social media. Wouldn't matter who replaced Art the backlash is the same. It was the manner in which it was done. Just an opinion.

trostol

as i said from the start when she took over..the show will never move on if she does not make it HER SHOW even if thats not what she wants...cause now she is that girl that replaced Art..it has to start from scratch..while it is a great homage to Art..i think new start and end them..new music(if thats possible with the rumored cost increase) ...you have to be liked or hated on your own merit..not as the girl who took over for Art

MAKE IT YOURS...i commend you cause the last week or so you have sounded less Like Lisa Garr and more..well..alive..like your sitting forward..not laid back and stoned out your gourd like she sounds...

trostol

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 04, 2016, 05:03:42 AM
Wouldn't matter who replaced Art the backlash is the same. It was the manner in which it was done. Just an opinion.

+1

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 04, 2016, 05:03:42 AM
You could try and PM her. I was just passing along sage advice I got from a long time professional. And again a lot of the greats don't post in forums or do social media. Wouldn't matter who replaced Art the backlash is the same. It was the manner in which it was done. Just an opinion.
hey i thought  its was really fun to hear you on gabcast   u definitely need to co host 

pate

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 04, 2016, 04:53:34 AM

And learn from ArtGnoory's mistake. Do not engage the haters. You cannot convert them.

FIFY, under the assumption that the Gnoory account was really Jorch's. {cute smiley thing}

----

For the record: in high-school I had little interest in Cheerleading/Yell Leading, I was in the Chess Club.  <=off topic & self-Reported

ediot: (also self-Reported)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze9xAIqZszw

Apologies.

Meister_000

Quote from: WOTR on January 04, 2016, 04:43:05 AM
You tell me what my "duty" is on the internet and to whom I owe my services. I don't think I feel like getting into it here- but I do more than my "duty", and I actually "feel" in my own way.  However, I'll head off and say 20 "hail Arts" for my trespasses against him by not finding DP to be the lowest form of life.  I am well aware that somebody else's moral judgement must be far superior to my own...

So, in the case of Redacted being here, what is my moral duty, to whom is it owed, and how do you suggest that I go about fulfilling it? (Or do you agree with Pi that it is pretty much her own problem and fault for posting here in such an "unprofessional" manner?)

WOTR, I think you were over-tired when you wrote this and did take my previous post too personally and misinterpreted my meaning and intent. Let's back up a minute. This began with you giving props to DP. As it turns out, you must have missed alot and many of his posts and do not wish to read through them. Value Of Pi posted saying that your feelings or sensitivities aside, Reason alone and Practical Reason, that is, moral/ethical reasoned principles, might be sufficient to "Judge" by. I lept at that opportunity to highlight and amplify Pi's thought because it happens to be one of my personal pet peaves. Now, when I replied to Pi I crossed the word "you" out and substituted "Rational Being" to in fact indicate I was there about to make a "general" remark not aimed nessesarily at you (WOTR). The sentance from Pi's previous post after my editing and emphasis now read; "Rational-Beings, should be able to understand the ethical imperative of not doing needless harm."  Now you should see that this is no longer about you WOTR. That is me exploiting the opportunity to have people hear that "Harm Principle" message repeated, and also the Duty message, and then further to amplify it by invoking Kant's insight and reminder that Conscience alone is often not dependable enough to rely and bank on, and that many issues can and must be removed from the fickled nature of individual consciences (feelings) and passed over instead to (Moral) Reasoning to obtain a Judgement (on xyz). Those three ideas are amoung my top "Memes" if you will, I harp on them every chance I get. So please relax, I wasn't meaning a personal attack on you. Ok?

Coffeeman

Quit posting here and get to work getting some better guests.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 04, 2016, 05:07:14 AM
hey i thought  its was really fun to hear you on gabcast   u definitely need to co host
Thank you so much. I do Future Theater from time to time as well, and I also do a soul podcast. If you slip over to the PNI thread you can find my website.

Speaking of which I need to go post of there anyway.

I really want to understand this need to interact with fans. I am learning so much for when my book deal comes. Do not engage the fans. LOL