• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mysterious Disappearances - your theories

Started by Kaiborg, June 26, 2012, 09:46:56 AM

Mystery43

This has been one of my favorite shows lately.. This was the follow up show I think. All I know is that I am not going camping with my son any time soon! The one story where the family actually saw some creature fly by up on top of the mountain and it looked it was carrying something on it's back was very interesting to me.. sounded like the FBI was involved and trying to cover it up. I think some could be just crazy people kidnapping children, but some do sound like bigfoot type creatures .. I can't believe the national parks have no records of missing people..

b_dubb

wasn't there another thread where someone did a write up of Paulides' history and turns out he's a pretty sketchy dude?

Morgus

Quote from: coaster on July 22, 2012, 05:46:48 PM
bigfoot doesnt exist.
just because you have small feet, doesn't mean others don't have big feet...  :P

coaster

Quote from: Morgus on July 22, 2012, 07:17:12 PM
just because you have small feet, doesn't mean others don't have big feet...  :P
Good point.

Rasputin

I would be interested to hear if the clothing found from the missing people was mostly bright in color. I know that some of the people were wearing reflective safety vests, and young children are often wearing bright colors.
Mabey it is a Bigfoot, and might explain why so many younger children are taken. Chimps and Apes often lose a young one in the wild, and if Bigfoot is an undiscovered species of the great Ape family, this might explain why children are taken then found so far away from where they were lost.

Lovely Bones

I was listening the other night to an old show where Ian filled in for George Knapp on one of those nights when Knapp was having technical difficulties.  Ian said he'd do it so long as he could keep the topics/guests, which included two interviews on Bigfoot. 

I fell asleep after the first guest (plan to listen to the second; it was Paulides).

But anyway, the first was a woman who had a degree in anthropology IIRC and had spent years studying Bigfoot with native Americans.  I was kind of dozing in and out (no reflection on host or guest, just a long day) but remember her saying Native Americans relayed stories about a species of Bigfoot (feet?) who had been/were/are? cannibals and who had actually stolen a lot of human children and roasted them because they tended to have fat content needed by Bigfoot/feet (I'll get the plural right eventually).

Just wondered how any of that might fit into our missing persons' stories. 

Rasputin

I'm pretty sure that I know the show your talking about, and it was a good one IMO. Could kids get taken then eaten by Bigfoot? Sure, why not. If I remember correctly, the times where children were taken were during the winter, or other severe weather that would have made normal food scarce.

Mystery43

Pauldies won't say what his theory is with regards to who is taking these kids/people.. but it's obvious he believes it's probably bigfoot.. His website is all about bigfoot research.. 

ziznak

If anybody can get a date on that show I'd like to hear it.  There's something about the native's tales that intrigues me.  Every region of the world seems to have native populations with old tales of some sort of wild men.  It could just be something integral to human existence maybe?  We need our boogeymen and therefore time and time again we invent them... or maybe it's just something that's rooted in a truth that's been forever hidden... I'd love to know.  I find it hard to believe that if bigfoot exists it's kind are building fires to roast kidnapped children over much less just roasting anything in general.  Bigfoot alone is a tough one to swallow but now bigfoot cooks??  i dunno...

BobGrau

I think it's feb 28 2010 'bigfoot and folklore'

ziznak

I just have to bump this badboy back up cause its such a good topic.  I did listen to the bigfoot and folklore show and found it interesting.  Still think that bigfoot utilizing bbq is a bit weird but hey if they cook people or not if they are taking people its gotta be for food i really cant think of any other reason besides that... not too mention what the hell else are these cryptos eating? pinecones? 
Back too Paulides I've got the dreamland episode on now.  So far its pretty cool.  they touched on disembodied feet inside shoes washing up on shores.  I know from other sources that lots of the time drowning victims that have been munched to bits by sea creatures normally produce the orphaned feet that seem to wash up in many areas.  Also many bodies that have been weighed down through either airplane encapsulation or being chained to rocks whatever tend to produce severed feet the same way regular drownings do.  I'm sure there were tons of feet floating around from the different tsunamis. 

I'm still enthralled with this subject... wonder where rob69 went?

onan

Quote from: ziznak on August 17, 2012, 04:28:13 PM

I'm still enthralled with this subject... wonder where rob69 went?

mebbe bigfoot.

analog kid

Looks like Whitley did another show on the subject.

b_dubb

i've seen some stuff online about Paulides being forced out of San Francisco PD for being a lying dick.  i don't know if that's true but given that he (Paulides) asserts that bigfoot speaks multiple languages and has super powers ... well ... alarms are going off.

maybe Paulides is exagerrating these cases?  or just flat out making shit up?

Sardondi

Quote from: b_dubb on August 17, 2012, 09:25:18 PM
i've seen some stuff online about Paulides being forced out of San Francisco PD for being a lying dick.  i don't know if that's true but given that he (Paulides) asserts that bigfoot speaks multiple languages and has super powers ... well ... alarms are going off.

maybe Paulides is exagerrating these cases?  or just flat out making shit up?
Are you talking about posts from rob69, or by someone who's basing accusations on info provided by rob69? Because this guy is just trying to torpedo Paulides. When I first read his accusations I was stunned that Paulides could have been so brazen as to have been involved in such outrageous abuses of authority and making false statements, etc., and then going nationwide with a book. So when I thought more about it, how could anyone do anything that stupid? So I checked out rob9's charges.

And they're absolute BS - gross exaggerations, mistakes and outright misleading and false accusations. This rob69 is clearly obsessed with Paulides for some reason. It's creepy, like Inspector Javert spending his whole life pursuing Jean Valjean. I suspect that sometime a few years ago, when Paulides was a cop, he ran across our rob69. And now rob69 is getting some payback.

I wouldn't trust this guy if he told me it was raining.

ziznak

I believe Paulides is accused of getting autographs on false pretenses and rounding 16.5 years in the force up to 20.

Grimace

Quote from: analog kid on August 17, 2012, 08:26:42 PM
Looks like Whitley did another show on the subject.

Thanks for the link, I knew Whitley would bring a taste of his own entertaining nuttiness to the subject. Whenever I went camping back in the day, getting messed up on booze and earthy substances (weed, shrooms) was par for the course... and I'm safely convinced it was for Strieber too. I'd love to go camping with him and Paulides... I think once my friend gets his '78 VW Westfalia bus running, its game on. I'll shoot them both e-mails. If either wants to charge me $700+ for a night in the woods (Steven Greer, lol) then I'll know their credibility is in the toilet.

Sardondi

Quote from: ziznak on August 18, 2012, 07:45:03 AM
I believe Paulides is accused of getting autographs on false pretenses and rounding 16.5 years in the force up to 20.
Yep. If it gets out that such a dangerous rounder-upper walks the streets, there will be nothing that can stop the peasants from grabbing their pitchforks and torches.

Grimace

Quote from: Sardondi on August 18, 2012, 08:00:46 PM
Yep. If it gets out that such a dangerous rounder-upper walks the streets, there will be nothing that can stop the peasants from grabbing their pitchforks and torches.

(speaking mostly in jest here) I could pass for rounding up to 17, but 20? Either way, we shall see if he wants to go camping. I've offered to buy the beer.

11angeleyes11

My theory and the go to answer - "It's a portal."

Sardondi

Quote from: Grimace on August 18, 2012, 08:35:21 PM
(speaking mostly in jest here) I could pass for rounding up to 17, but 20? Either way, we shall see if he wants to go camping. I've offered to buy the beer.

I'll just about guarantee it's nothing more than a situation of "stacking" years of service from another department or even military service, which most departments permit.

ziznak

These 2 vids were pretty cool especially the Knapp and Paulides stuff. The little bit on the animal acoustician lady was interesting.  Then there's some AA stuff mixed in there too lol i guess from the sasquatch episode.  Redfern LMH Tsoukalos OH MY!  Anyways the first video and most of the second where cool...
Is Sasquatch eating our kids? Part 1 of 2
Is Sasquatch eating our kids? Part 2 of 2

korrine

Ok. I have to admit that I am like- totally obsessed with the mysterious disappearances thing. I ordered both books..read the west missing 411 in like 2 days. Waiting for east coast next.  The rob guy had been posting @#$! About Mr Paulides just about everywhere. I read the San Jose minutes he posted...I don't buy any of robs crap. I would love to know what his vendetta is though.

ziznak

Well, I found out whats up with Paulides after a bit of a sasquatch binge recently.  He came under fire for his supposed connection with MK Davis.  I was unable to find any actual material from Paulides that proves he was in cahoots with Davis but the problems stem from a controversial theory held by Davis and supposedly supported by Paulides.

For the uninitiated, the bigfooters as a group are like one big disfunctional family... Jerry Springer would have a ball with these guys n gals as they are in a constant state of war with one another.  Bigfooters range from some of the most uneducated back woodsy hill billy ya hoos to some of the most educated intelligent sophisticated scientific types and everything in between.  This makes for a lot of eccentricities... and eccentrics. 

Take for instance MK Davis and his slaughter at bluff creek theory which Paulides was supposedly tied to and which has led many a sasqautcher to hate on him.  Davis has some crazy theory that the Patterson Gimlin film actually documents the aftermath of a multiple bigfoot slaughter.  This theory came out I believe back in 08-09 and I'm pretty sure he's back pedaled since then as I can't seem to find anything from Davis about it.  All I can find is the outraged sasquatcher reactions to it.  He's also well known for his analysis of the PG footage through use of photoshop... it's amazing what a little contrast can do lol.  Reminds me a bit of Hoaxlands image analysis vids except that MK actually has something to analyze here.  (be it man in suit or not)

This video is awesome:
M.K.Davis discusses enhancement processes for the Patterson film.mp4

Anyways, yeah I think that rob69 dude was an anti MK Davis bigfooter hating on Paulides by association.

Sardondi

Thoughts about the rob69 vendetta against Paulides in light of ziznak's last post

1) The Paulides shows with George Knapp are some of the most compelling radio I've ever heard in my life. I was riveted. A lot has to do with Paulides not overselling it and being careful to not literally say it had to be Bigfoot carrying off hikers. I was impressed by what I took at the time was his scrupulous attention to only saying what he could establish by hard evidence. (Silly me);

2) When I first saw rob69's very strong attacks on Paulides I was affected by them. One of the reasons I tended to believe rob69's claims was the same reason I tended to believe Paulides: you'd be a damn fool to publicly go all in on an obviously false or easily debunked claim;

3) Well, after checking out rob69'ss claims I now believe rob69 is indeed a damn fool, and obsessed with following Paulides and trying to shoot him down to boot. Minor checking made it obvious rob69's claims are almost all either outright false, grossly exaggerated or taken out of context; BUT...

4) The M.K. Davis "Bigfoot Massacre" theory is a perfect example of how an obsessed lunatic can sometimes affect public opinion through nothing but his passion and willingness to hammer on a theme. For those of you who know nothing more than what ziznak writes, suffice it to say the Massacre story is a gross insult to reason and logic. "Evidence" comes from M.K. Davis's viewing of the famous 8 second film clip of the walking Bigfoot, from which M.K. Davis (and Paulides, apparently) say he can tell the Bigfoot has been wounded by a high-powered rifle, and sees blood/a wound on the fur elsewhere, and also sees bodies (I'm not making this up) of dead Bigfoot lying on the ground in the background(!?!?!). The mind boggles. It's as if he looked at shapes in clouds and said "Aha! I see proof!".

5) Apparently Paulides is pushing or has pushed this Bigfoot Massacre story (that the men who filmed the walking Bigfoot actually participated in a massacre of several Bigfoot either before or after the film was taken. I swear I am not making this up).

6) Anyone pushing the Bigfoot Massacre is either a) mentally incapable of basic reason, b) insane, or c) a liar and a cynical conman trying to make money out of books written or appearance fees obtained as a result of the manufactured conflict.

7) I can only conclude Paulides is indeed a conman (although not on the charges rob69 makes), and it makes unreliable anything paulides reports about the disappearances as well. Paulides was cunning in underplaying his appearance with George Knapp about missing hikers, by pretending he really didn't have an opinion about whether Bigfoot was involved. But a guy this committed in Bigfoot hunting who is also a Bigfoot author, but who says he has no opinion about whether Bigfoot is involved in the disappearances? Please. Paulides is also a backer of the specious "DNA Project", which has been going on now over a year. They "leak" info as if there's big earth-shattering DNA news coming out tomorrow, or next week, or next month, but there's always this desperate need for funding, yadda yadda, may they burn in hell. I simply cannot accept, without credible corroborating evidence, the word of a man who would willingly associate himself with something so patently crooked and false as the "Bigfoot Massacre" foolishness.

8 ) George Knapp should have revealed Paulides' strong connection to the Bigfoot issues - that knowledge totally changes a person's view of Paulides' credibility. And George Knapp knew it would have hurt his show, so he kept his mouth shut. Knapp has lost big points with me for that. 

9) Paulides is a lying conman, but rob69 is still a lunatic himself and just not credible. I don't believe either one of them about anything, and that includes the weather.

10) It's beginning to look like no one but a liar or thief would ever want to get involved with Bigfoot, one way or the other. I take that back: I think Loren Coleman is an honorable man who tries very hard to do the right thing. He tries hard to remain unbiased, although he loses that fight sometimes. Otherwise, I just don't think anyone with any integrity would put it at risk by dealing with the subject.

And a pox on anyone who's ever tried to make any money on one side or the other of the Bigfoot question.

elbee

Woah there!

So your going to write off Polides and everything he documents in his book (which is irrefutable it seems) because he apparently (although i have not heard this) endorses a theory which isnt credible about a single event in history?

wow

ziznak

His connections to sasquatchery can't be ignored... I know I said it a few pages back but here it is again:  He doesn't come right out and say he thinks Mr Foot has anything to do with the disappearances but he doesn't refute the possibility either.  His squatchy past just screams that he would believe there is a connection though... it's like he's blaming the foots by default even though he's not... get it??

Still I find his missing person's info pretty fascinating all foot-play aside.  It AMAZES me that he hasn't brought the hairy man in for questioning... it's like he is really into the missing persons work and doesn't want it colored by his other extra curricular activities.

korrine

Dang. I have to say I am not in the know about the Squach.i am def going to learn more in lieu of the show.  Like you Ziznak I am totally fascinated with these mysterious dissappearences. I def don't think Mr Paulides has any kind of con in reporting these cases..he doesn't have a theory which he argues ...so assuming all facts stated ate exactly that. Mr Paulides has brought to light some strange things that are happening in Nps. But dang you guys know how to get to the bottom of things. :D